Start by marking “A Warrior's Redemption (The Warrior Kind #1)” as Want to Read:
A Warrior's Redemption (The Warrior Kind #1)

Read Book

A Warrior's Redemption

(The Warrior Kind #1)

When Roric was born little did he know that his family would die violently as he watched and that his world would crumble only to later find himself chained into the life of a slave forced to survive in the world of the arena where every match meant death for someone, but he survived and one day he escaped.

A Warrior’s Redemption is the beginning of a family saga that
ebook
Published October 20th 2013 by Words of Action

To ask other readers questions about A Warrior's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Warrior's Redemption

Start your review of A Warrior's Redemption (The Warrior Kind #1)
Peter  Younghusband
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
An author friend of mine contacted me informing me that Guy Stanton had asked him if he knew of anyone who would be willing to review his books. My friend mentioned my name, and my friend contact me and gave me Guy's details. I checked out his books. As soon as I read the blurb for A Warrior's Redemption, I knew this was a series I had to read. I have not been disappointed.

When I started reading, I was instantly impressed with Stanton's writing style. My first thought was how beautiful it is. It
Gail Ofterdinger-Ledgister
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The author has mastered an elegant, fluid writing style. I found myself zipping along with this epic quest as if I were listening to an audio book. If you are seeking a story with Christian values and morals, complete with reluctant hero who finds faith and lost family, a fierce battle on land and sea, a magic sword, a horse who comes to the rescue upon hearing his special whistle, whales that come to save the day, a tortured love story, and a two thumb's-up happy ending, then this book is for ...more
Beni West
Interesting story, well developed characters

I would've rated this book higher, but the grammar and punctuation was just awful. It seemed as though every page contained wrong tenses, poor punctuation, and wrong words. I which caused me to have to re-read the sentence/paragraph/page to determine what just happened in the story. I wish I had been asked to proofread it before the book was published.
Dana Burkey
Feb 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
I really could not get into this book at all... It felt one part Gladiator, one part Christian fiction, and yet it began with a confusing chunk of exposition all about space travel? It was too slow for me, and even the plot twists were not exciting enough to excite me into reading more. I rather dreaded picking up my Kindle each day to slog through more pages. In movie form I might like a story like this, but in book form it was just too much...or rather not enough.
Amber
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While I have read my share of beautiful epic fantasy adventures, I am in awe of this brilliant tour de force! It raised the bar on the fantasy genre a few notches for me, and I am truly amazed at the level of energy and heart that is packed into this story! It is filled with everything you could ever want – thrilling action, non-stop adventure, deadly suspense, passionate romance, and deep-seated faith. I finished reading the last page with a soul-satisfying, quiet contentment. There is nothing ...more
Yvonne Innes
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Set in a parallel reality, "A Warrior’s Redemption" recalls the decadence and immorality often credited to the Roman Empire. As much as I would like to turn a blind eye, such atrocities continue today. I used to believe that human trafficking was a practice of the past or occurred only in the poorest of countries until I noticed a prominent billboard informing me otherwise. It depicted a forlorn young girl and explained that the average age of such victims was 12. In bold letters, it displayed ...more
Jennifer Jungling
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the entire Warrior Kind series in less than a week. I couldn't put them down. The story lines where amazing and creative. I love how The characters though very imperfect in some ways worked through their issues and grew closer to Christ. Their experiences made them stronger. The details were amazing I could picture everything. Roric the main character was very endearing from the very beginning. He is a protector and defender of those he cares about.

There were two downsides to the books. I
Jodi Woody
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked "A Warrior's Redemption." I was given a copy by the author, Guy Stanton III, in exchange for an honest review. It is unapologetically Christian. However the beliefs and the scriptures are all part of the story and does not come across as cheesy or trite. Several places inspired me to be more open and bold about my own faith! The story about an alternate society on another planet, founded by earthlings that fled before the flood. They have forsworn modern technology and live as in ...more
Carrie
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
My hope is that since I found this for free on Amazon, I got some sort of unedited version. The grammatical errors alone almost made me stop reading several times. There/their/they're, to/too, missing commas, missing or inappropriate apostrophes, etc. - it was enough to drive me crazy. All in all, the story was good enough to keep me reading and surprise me with some of the twists. I think with a good editor to revise some sections, and help with refining the writing, it would actually be a good ...more
Nirav Shah
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
It is rare for me to leave a book unfinished but i somehow could not finish even half the book. Events occurred with no directional flow, jumping from one line of progression to another. It was quite obvious that the author is a devout man but there was little else about the book that i enjoyed. There was no time spent in building any depth to the characters and frankly, very little logic applied to their actions.
Attolis
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say this book is better than I first thought. When I started reading it I expected to see a cliched protagonist who never doubts himself and never does any wrong. That proved false however and it was a pleasant surprise for me. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Kaj Samuelsson
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Christian action story of another world, with only fragments of the holy scriptures. Sold as a slave and put into the arena as a gladiator, surviving, escaping, taking revenge and finally a war against the evils. This story had everything I wanted from a good story, and foremost it was action from the start.
James W Allenbrand
It has been a long time since I have read a book that was this much fun to read.

A rags to riches plot is certainly not a new idea but this was refreshingly different. It had the same type of appeal as the early Frank Peretti stories like "Piercing The Darkness" and "This Present Darkness" did except it is in a mid-evil setting. I would not commend it to someone who is offended by a strong Christian world view but I personally enjoyed it immensely.
Debra Shaw
Good story, but...

Excellent story. Too many repetitive words and phrases in most paragraphs. Wrong spelling of words. I would have given 5 stars if those would have been cleaned up!
Glenn
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this series more that the agent one... looking forward to the next book in the series.
Peter Koning
Aug 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad grammer and the religious aspect....no thnak you ! Did not even finish the book.
Yvonne Anderson
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay, so the writing is nothing special. In fact, I had to skim through it, taking small doses at a time, to prevent my inner editor from having apoplectic fits. Despite the distracting technical problems, though, I like some aspects of this book.

The biggest: within a Christian scriptural context, this story presents an abundance of intriguing questions. Let me show you.

The backstory provided as a Prelude explains that, a short time before the great Flood of Noah’s day, a group of people left
Annette
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Warrior's Redemption
Guy Stanton III

A refreshing, if not daring, detour from our typical Christian fiction as in epic romance/warrior hero/science fiction. I dare say this is for men and women alike as long as the woman are not weak of heart. Stanton takes us to an alternate world where good versus evil has come to a standoff.

Stanton weaves past and present events as a fluid stream with his storytelling in an unpredictable unfolding of a young man's journey. We are taken in by his early
Jessiqua Wittman
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: gritty adventure loving friends
This was an exciting adventure read! I was well engrossed in it for a couple days. There for a little bit in the middle, I started to think that maybe it was too predictable, but then that abruptly changed and there was surprise after surprise hurtling the story along.
The grammar and editing need some help, but I'm not one to let that get in the way of a good story. There's some adult content in there too, but nothing pointless or over-the-top. I appreciate a good, gritty read. Some of the
Vikas
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an e-book copy by the author in exchange for an honest review:

First of all I am really sorry Guy for taking such a long time in finishing the book. I read the book in 3 stages - in 1st stage I read it upto 20% or so then 2nd time it went on to 37% and that's when it was left on its own devices because I din't think that I would be able to finish the book but then I persisted and was pleasantly surprised as then I finished the remaining book in few short days .. I can't always read
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Roric Fortigar Ta'lont life isn't like other peoples. Roric was farm boy, slave, arena fighter, and rebel leader Roric has always wanted to know more about his family's ancestors since they were murdered in cold blood. Roric discovers his faith in The Creator continues to grow through guidance and prayer. Krista is an escaped slave currently living with a healer and herbalist. Krista would rather be dead than to be a slave again. Roric and Krista paths collide but spark a fiery passion between ...more
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
'I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review'

This was a good read. It is more of a religious type of book then I would have thought. So do keep that in mind when you purchase. I love all types of books so this was a good read for me. I definitely think you will enjoy this book and most of the characters. Roric is the main character. His love interest is Krista. You meet the wonderfully courageous Kurt family. A lovely little girl named Zarsha.
Johanna Sawyer
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say this was not what I expected and not a genre I usually read. I do read everything but just some more than others. I would liken it to Francine River books, it was a lot like her mark of the lion series. So if you love her books this would be good as well. I also think if you like the new release Defy by. Sara Larson, this follows the same line but it's Christian. So as for the book, I rated it four stars even though it was an outstanding book, some things just bothered me. When a ...more
Stephen Jones
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The good: A Warrior’s Redemption is a good story; full of heroism and adventure. You’ll find a lot of sword fighting and ancient war in this one, and a bit of a futuristic setting in the story. At first one thinks the setup for the story could have been a story in its own right. But in the end it all ties together and is worth the read.
The bad: First, it’s a bit rough at times, this is not for the young or squeamish, and there are a scattering of awkward sentences and the like, and a handful of
Jsmh
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good story and world building.

Caveat: Lots of grammar errors. Very distracting and made for many disgusted eye rolls. I will finish the series and hope that the other books have been proofread better.

Authors: The whole purpose of writing a book is to gain a paid readership. Putting out a book with grammar errors all over the place is NOT going to accomplish that goal. If you can't afford a professional editor, at least have some family or friends proofread a book for you before you publish
Diana
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A futuristic book taking place on another planet with technology gone, a boy who was brought up sheltered from the world, has his family torn from him, gets sold as a slave. This book is action packed, faith based and a good read. I liked the way God came to help and LOVED how God used animals to make a way where there wasn't one. Looking forward to the rest of the series. I was given a copy of this book for my honest review.
Carolyn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An action packed thriller that kept me up at night. This book is hard to put down. I enjoyed the twists and turns in the plot. At chapter 18, I bought the other 4 books in this series. I don't want to spoil this for others, so I will just say, WOW! There is some pretty graphic violence in this book, so it may not be suitable for all readers.
Patti
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I honestly couldn't put this down once I started reading it. I was given the book to read in exchange for an honest review, and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. It does include scripture at appropriate times which I was happy to see, along with a hero with morals. It's been a while since I've read this type of fiction and I did enjoy it.
Melissa
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am astounded by how wonderful this book is. I have already recommended it to many friends. The author has a beautiful style to his writing and it captures you from the beginning and holds you until the end - even longer. This is a series that I am definitely looking forward to reading.
Misty Iputi
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Warriors Redemption shows God will fight and not always take a peaceful approach. As the book goes along the Creator will perform miracles to prove he is the Almighty. (No examples as I do not want to give any spoilers.)
The book does show that through God anything is possible!

• Southwind Knights (Southwind Knights, #1)
  • Always Watching (Elite Guardians, #1)
  • Stone of Fire (ARKANE #1)
  • To Get Me To You (Wishful, #1)
  • The Dragons of Alsace Farm
  • New Beginnings: Historical Western Romance (Aspen Falls Book 1)
  • Sell Out
  • The Confession (Jake Sands)
  • Murder in Cedar Falls
  • Worth the Weight (The Worth, #1)
  • Crossover (Chaser Chronicles #1)
  • In for a Penny (Granny #1)
  • Doubt (Among Us #1)
  • Seaside Dreams (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers, #1)
  • Random Acts of Iniquity (Holly Anna Paladin Mysteries Book 7)
  • No True Justice (Witness Protection, #2)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • All Eyes on Me (Miranda and Parker Mystery #1)
I’m a redeemed ordinary person intent on bringing
my Heavenly Father, pleasure and a return on the
priceless investment that He has made into my life. I’ll never be able to fully repay Him, but my goal is to try and when my time comes to go that I’ll
be caught away in the very act of still trying to do so.

Read my books and you'll learn everything there is to know about me in a way that only several

The Warrior Kind (5 books)
  • A Warrior's Journey (The Warrior Kind #2)
  • A Warrior's Legacy (The Warrior Kind #3)
  • A Warrior's Return (The Warrior Kind #4)
  • A Warrior's Revenge (The Warrior Kind #5)