Start by marking “Last Light (Night Owl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Light (Night Owl, #2)

Last Light

(Night Owl #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  3,640 Ratings  ·  509 Reviews
Tensions rise, secrets grow bigger, and passions run deeper--and hotter--in Last Light, the second novel of the Night Owl Trilogy from bestselling author M. Pierce.

Matt Sky is missing. After a solo ascent of Longs Peak that left only a large blood stain, tatters of climbing clothing, and the tracks of an animal in the snow, he is presumed dead.

Hannah Catalano is guarding a
Published October 28th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

M. Pierce
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
I'm having a great time writing LAST LIGHT, and I hope you'll all enjoy it. It's neat to see how many of you have added it to your shelves already. Thanks for your continued support. You're all the best.
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Nov 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
11/6/13 Just finished Night Owl..
WHERE???? WHERE is the gosh darn synopsis for book 2???? A blurb or something..Give me anything..ANY. THING.

photo tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zps498f2d13.gif

COME. ON. After reading THAT epilogue I come on HERE and find book 2 with NO synopsis next to it...**throws arms up in to the air**

photo tumblr_mm0xp9R8cK1r35b9ko1_500_zpsa7644fa3.gif

You know what, that is just..WRONG.
I think I am going to have a nervous break down in...
1....

photo tumblr_m2ognmflj41r9dtlj_zps01590c65.gif
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
I neeeeeeeed this book!!! N.E.E.D. IT!!!!

Book #1 review ➜ http://bit.ly/1nEb4PO

Saffron
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct-2014
3 "I wish I remembered the first book" Stars!

Ok Let's begin this with a few fun facts...

Fun Fact# 1 Any relationship based on sex is doomed from the beginning. My affair with Matt was based on dirty and hot sex, and when the hormones went away...with them went away my love for him. Now he is just some guy I used to know who happens to be the biggest asshole in the history of books.

Fun Fact# 2 DO NOT make us wait for an entire year to read the sequel. We don't remember anything about the story
*****3.75 STARS*****

photo bc19fa3aef687378dfdec61d259b6108_zps9b2129b1.jpg

It has been almost a year since I read the first book, Night Owl. I remembered how much I LOVED that book and how it brought a beautiful, filthy talking, and slightly peculiar book boyfriend into my life. I never forgot about Matt and his pet bunny, Laurence. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Last Light.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the DNF method, because I have found that many times a book that seems pretty dull in the first half, can somehow turn around tow
Michelle
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the follow up to Night Owl, M. Pierce brings us Last Light. Now after that epilogue in NO and all the speculation that swirled around how a trilogy was going to be created following that ending.

Matthew loved three things. Writing, his privacy and Hannah. Last Light is the discover of just what one of those things he loved more and what things he’d be willing to give up in order to have them. Matt wanted to fade away into the back ground, but with his identity known, that was no longer possib
Lise *friends don't flag*
description

Night Owl was a favorite read of mine so when I saw book two up on Netgalley I was a requesting fool and was shocked to be so lucky to receive an arc…

I enjoyed book two in this three part series, perhaps not as much as book one but I still loved it. I loved being in Matt’s crazy thinking head while he is plotting and lying and loving on his “little bird”- Hannah.

What seemed to Matt to be a perfect way of gaining his privacy back and have Hannah all to himself, is turning into a bit of the opposi
AJ
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Everything was so fucked-up. So many lies. A castle of lies. And Matt was its king, and I was the queen, holding together our elaborate deception.

3 sadly underwhelming stars

I’m gutted to be writing this review right now. After the stunningly surprising introduction to this series with Night Owl, my expectations were high, and I was beyond excited to read the continuation of Matt and Hannah’s story. But I actually found this book quite boring, and I had a couple of issues with some of the behavio
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

It's been a long journey just getting to this book. With the author going from self published to having a publisher and the inevitable release delay. Add to that the change of plot from a possible paranormal twist to keeping it just contemporary, well, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Unfortunately, after reading, I'm left feeling a bit under whelmed!

Hopefully, you've read the first book and you know that Matt has some issues. Yes, he's handsome, a dirty talker an
Kim Bailey
Lies! So many lies ...
We'd been here before, and because of my lies.
Happiness is useless to me.

It took me a long time to pick up this book. Perhaps because I loved Night Owl so immensely ... I was quite certain that this wouldn't live up to my expectations. And, while this one didn't quite elicit the same intense feelings that I had for the first, it was certainly not a letdown. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. And how much I missed Matt ...

Oh.Em.Gee! I frekin' LOV
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
ARC PROVIDED FOR HONEST REVIEW
5 ***** Narcissistic Schizo Steamy Hot Stars*****

I know this makes absolutely no freaking sense...

So you know when you read a book until the wee hours of the night? You flip that last page and then there is just so much to say? So much to think? So much to share? AND NO ONE is around to discuss! Just you and the glow of your kindle illuminating the dark recesses of your room as you frantically type an emotionally filled review scouring your highlights and notes. The
Vanessa
4 Bird Love Stars!!

Casting:
 photo LastlightCasting_zps1dc24b74.jpg
I know that Jamie Dornan is forever going to by type-casted as Christian Grey but to me, he is the perfect Matt Sky too! I have always envisioned him as this character. He's got that whole tortured , sexy, brooding thing going on that is such a huge part of Matt's personality!

Aww, well, I didn't love it as much as Night Owl but it was still pretty great. The pacing was a tiny bit slow for me in the beginning but once it got going, I was hooked. The tone felt a bit dep
~ Cariad ~
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 - it was average and it dragged - stars

I don't want to be mean but I waited a long time for this one, my hopes were high,
my excitement palpable and I get... meh.
description

Definitely not bothered about the third one (view spoiler) oh well, I guess we can't win them all.

PRE-REVIEW:
descriptiondescription

EXPECTED
JANUARY
MAY
JUNE 2014!!! Okay, I can do this!

OCTOBER 28TH!!! IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?!!

THAT'S RI
Brenna
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
“I’m sorry I keep writing about you. I keep thinking about you. I’m obsessed with you.”

Night Owl was one of my favorite reads of 2013 so it pretty much goes without saying that I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Last Light all year. While I enjoyed this one, it didn’t quite live up to the amazing feeling I got from the first book.

After the shocking epilogue in Night Owl, I knew this was going to be a crazy ride with Matt and Hannah. Matt, unable to handle the public scrutiny and la
Kayla at MyBookMuse
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
"I don't want to be the sun in your sky," she continued. "Do you get what I mean? I'm happy coming second to your writing. I don't want to be your whole life. And if this–If this crazy thing we're going to do is what it takes to protect your first love, then I'm game. We're in this together, Matt. You can count on me."

There will be slight spoilers in this review. While I will clearly put the bigger ones in spoiler tags some details will be discussed that you might find spoiler-ish. Read at your
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Before writing my review I re-read my review for Night Owl and I have to laugh because I'm in the exact same position I was two weeks ago!

I feel like I need to separate what I feel while reading the book and what I think about it.

description

My problem is Matt and how he is or how he acts. In the first book, I knew he had problems, as I said in my first review, he's secretive to an extreme. I understand that as a lot of artist, he's a tormented soul. The thing is, why is he so tortured? I would really like
Miss Fifi
2.5 Round and Around and Fucking Around We Go Stars

I changed my mind, so it would be:

3.881 I-Was-Bored-then-Intrigued-then-Worried-then-Amazed-then-Pissed-Off-and-then-Ohhh??? Stars

*migraine is fucking torturing me atm, but I will try to find some time to torture you guys with my review later on*

This rant will be short because..am currently on an energy diet. (Just like a normal diet, except that instead of not eating much, I am not using my energy much) So here's to failing miserably at that!

Th
Vasiliki
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25!

After the epilogue of Night Owl, I needed to read immediately Last Light. The scenarios created in my head were driving me crazy until I started reading and found out what exactly happened.

I am really confused about this series. Although the writing is fantastic and it provokes tons of emotions, the story is too difficult to accept. My soul and heart ached during Night Owl and Last Light. Well, this book made me to feel but it wasn’t pleasant, it was a torture. The story is said again by du
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4.5 “little bird” “lord of lies” “Happiness is useless to me.” Kisses

I don’t know what to think or say or feel right now. This series and these characters mean so much to me and I’ve been looking forward to Last Light for a few days shy of a year. Night Owl completely blew me away and obviously, I had very high expectations for Last Light…needless to say, I was not disappointed. For the record...Last Light is the second book in the Night Owl Trilogy…a t
Jacqueline
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Night Owl was one of my favourite books of last year. And by favourite, I mean it was like my fourth child (I have two actual children plus a dog who's also kind of my baby, but I digress). Usually I read and move on to the next on my never ending tbr list, but Night Owl was one of those rare exceptions - the moment I finished, I scrolled back to the start and read it all over again. I returned to it a couple of times late last year then I read it again in preparation for Last Light. I don't kno ...more
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
5+++ stars!!

I love to read and I read a ton of books. Among all the books I have read, Night Owl is one of my top favorite books of all time. I could not wait to get my hands on Last Light. And let me just say that M. Pierce delivered big-time with this book.

Matt Sky makes my heart hurt. I have not stopped thinking about him since I finished reading Last Light. Wait, what? He's a fictional character? That's okay. I'm still obsessed with him.

Last Light picks up as Matt has faked his own death
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
3.5 ★

Hmmm... I had to think hard about this one...

There were parts I didn't like or appreciate, or understand. There were parts that had me scratching or shaking my head. There were parts that put me off. Yet, There were parts that had me reeling. There were parts that I was just completely enamored with. There were parts that tugged at the heart string. And then there were the parts that got meself fanning. Now that last part, stayed consistent from the first book to here, just saying *grins*

A

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014

J&G: ✯✯✯1/2 Stars

“He’s the golden boy, you see? We always forgive him.”

There’s no denying it. Night Owl blew us away when we read it last year. It was addictive, passionate and emotional. We were introduced to Matt Sky; an intelligent, rather eccentric character whose actions posed many questions and ensured we hungrily flipped every page as we experienced the intensity and passion of his and Hannah’s relationship. In Night Owl we empathised with the struggles Matt underwent throughout that
Tara  TUG
Nov 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
TUGAPALOOZA

description

This will be the case by January

Denise
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I wanted to love Last Light and had high expectations since I loved Night Owl so much but this fell flat for me. One thing I loved about Night Owl was the refreshing and different prose. In Last Light, I found the writing to be lacking and ordinary. It took me almost a week to finish this book as opposed to Night Owl which I read in one day. Maybe that's my problem. I shouldn't be comparing it to its predecessor.

Elizabeth
As soon as I read the last page of Night Owl, I was anticipating this follow up novel. Hannah and Matt have a gritty and dark relationship. They started their love affair online. Matt was buried in lies. Hannah was hurt and tried to get away from Matt. After reading Last Light, I wonder if she made the right choice by going back to him. In a way I think she should have stayed away from him before things went from bad to worse.

Last Light begins with Matt in hiding. The world things he is dead. He
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Matthew Sky,what am I going to do with you? Women love you. They want to marry you. I'm sure some would even like to have your babies!!! But me... Unfortunately I don't fit into any of those moulds. However, I am fascinated by you, intrigued by your way of thinking and as much as there are times you frustrate the ever loving f**k out of me, I'm 100% addicted to the story you have to tell. See I'm d
Christine
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don’t know what to think…I do not know how to write this review…I am just don’t know.
“LORD OF LIES”
My stomach was in knots. The writing in Last Light was 10+ stars, but how the story unfolded…I am still thinking about it days after finishing it. What is going to happen to Matt and Hannah? How could things get so out of control so quickly?! What do I even think about them??

It had to go this way otherwise it would not show exactly who Matt and Hannah truly were. They need to grow.

I do not want
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Cute
Rating: NC-17
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Emotional lows and lower, lol.
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Taking a stand and sticking to it.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? YES
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Hannah (girlfriend this time ;))

SUMMARY (60 words or less)
What a bumpy ride. I will admit that there were times I hated this book… and there were a lot of them. But when I step back and really think about it, when a book makes your FEEL so passionately not just about the stor
  • Reciprocity (Breach, #3)
  • To Fix You
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Veiled
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • Star-Crossed
  • Saving Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #3)
  • Merrick
  • Pull (Push, #2)
  • Ruin (Corruption, #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Undying (Undeniable, #6)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Untitled (Heaven and Hell, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
Facebook Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest Find me on Amazon
Thanks for visiting my Goodreads author page. I'm an avid reader and bestselling author living in Colorado. You can find my book Night Owl at various retailers and you can read about my upcoming books at http://mpiercefiction.com/.

Night Owl (3 books)
  • Night Owl (Night Owl, #1)
  • After Dark (Night Owl, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
  • One Day
    $6.99 $2.99
“I could lie my way out of existence.” 3 likes
“You have to be a great liar to write fiction, a real historical revisionist.” 3 likes