Start by marking “The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)

The Raven King (All for the Game #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  13,010 Ratings  ·  1,497 Reviews
Book 2 of All for the Game; The Raven King follows The Foxhole Court

The Foxes are a fractured mess, but their latest disaster might be the miracle they've always needed to come together as a team. The one person standing in their way is Andrew, and the only one who can break through his personal barriers is Neil.

Except Andrew doesn't give up anything for free and Neil is t
Published July 31st 2013 (first published July 10th 2013)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream.”

description

This review has been a long time coming, it feels like I've been trying to reading this book for the longest time, and then I fell sick for a while so I couldn't actually function properly. The Raven King was by far better than it's predecessor. I loved so many elements of it and although the overall components helped boost my love for the characters - I still felt like it ran short in some facets.

I buddy r
Kai
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.”

Oh wow I don't know what to say. So let's start with a big fat trigger warning: Rape, Violence, Abuse! I was not prepared.

The Raven King was even better than The Foxhole Court. The plot picked up, but the romance didn't. Still no trace of it on the horizon.
However, it was intense, thrilling and 100% shocking. I couldn't stop reading, was up till late at night and went to sleep still thinking about it.
The Foxes are such interesting characte
C.G. Drews
HOLY WOW THAT GOT BRUTALLY DARK AT THE END THERE I'M REELING. Honestly I don't even know why I'm loving these books so much ah haha. I actually loathe sports. And the writing could be so much better...but the characters have 500% won me and life is too short not to admit I love Neil Frikkin' Liar Josten and I just????? I need to know what happens. I can't stop thinking about them.

ALSO IT GOT REALLY BLOODILY DARK and I do like books with a sidedish of cookies from the dark side and also my feels
bran (brandonthebookaddict)
Excuse me while I curl up into a ball of pain and anguish and plot the demise of my enemies who have hurt--

my friends.
my babies.
MY LIFE.

fml.
may ➹
I think hating this series would’ve been better than this pain I’m feeling right now
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
I AM A FREAKING MESS RIGHT NOW!!! I FEEL LIKE MY HEART WAS BUTCHERED AND HAMMERED AND TORN INTO A MILLION PIECES!!!

I'M NOT OKAY. I AM HURT. I AM REALLY REALLY HURT. 💔💔💔
Claudia Ramírez
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, made-me-cry, my-sons
OMG, what's wrong with Riko?! (And all the Ravens tbh)...
Sandeep ☾
4.5/5 Stars

Woah!

'The Raven King' was even better than the 'The Foxhole Court'.

I was not prepared for this book it was intense, heartbreaking, shocking and thrilling.

My love these characters have grown and we learn more about them and their past.

There were tiny hints of romance between the main character and another but I'm glad it's slow as it will create more depth and growth between them.

Oh! Also, I absolutely love Neil Josten, he is one of the best characters I have ever read.

Trigger Warn
Lily ☁️ {semi hiatus}
Yes, I am still trying to figure out what to rate The Foxhole Court, don’t pressure me!!—me, to myself.

Blog ¦ Bloglovin’ ¦ Tumblr ¦ Instagram
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to no by: fenrysexual
Whatever I was expecting, it was not this. The first 70% was so boring, I would have DNFed if not for a) the hype and b) the little issue of death by unpopular opinion. Don't let this stop you from reading this series, though - I'm on The King's Men right now, and it is the absolute best.

∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

I wasn't going to mark this currently reading on here because certain people would strangle me, and I was just planning to skim through a chapter or two, honestly.

But then I reached this: "Andrew Jos
may ❀
Continuation buddy read with my lovelies ♡♡ Em, Sil, Praggs, and Jia ♡♡

I don’t know how this happened, but I’m kind of mildly obsessed with this series.

description

Everything that the previous book lacked, this book made up for a million times over. We had action and tears and pain, oh so much pain. I’m still wiping my tears as I write this review.

“He was content to watch and imagine. Lonely, too, but there was nothing he could do about that.”

As I mentioned in my previous review, these Foxhole kids ar
Emma
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow okay. The ending of this book...I just...okay.

The All For the Game series has triggers for almost everything: abuse, rape, self-harm, addiction, violence. And yet, I finished this book smiling like an idiot. It's heavy, for sure, because it tackles series trauma, and these kids' lives have been hell, BUT the overall feeling I get while reading them is happiness. I feel uplifted. Now, my tolerance for violence and such is admittedly high. What I'm trying to communicate is that the author does
✨    jamieson   ✨
"He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am honestly incapable of proper speech. This was AMAZING. This deserves ten stars. This deserves to be heralded. These books are S O G O O D

This is me right about now:

MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT IN CHECK !! I AM DEAD. !!!! RIP MY SOUL.

Okay. I'm going to try to keep it together so here's a little summary of this series.

The Foxhole Court i
rin (lorenzo)
upd: does andrew identify as a morosexual

upd: i hate this fucking book
not to be dramatic but this is the most painful experience in my life and i had a big ass dog bite me on the face when i was five
i also hate this review and myself for putting me through this torture

upd: guys im telling you if you need a torture device in ur house buy this book

HOLD ME WHILE IM SOBBING IN YOUR ARMS

"Your parents are dead, you are not fine, and nothing is going to be okay," Andrew said. "This is not news to yo
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Read my series review on the blog :)
_____
Foxhole Court playlist
__________

31/01/2017
Re-read with this amazing support group: EmMayPragya

Comment after second read (Jan 31st-Feb 4th, 2017):

Honestly kudos to whoever can write a proper review for this series, and especially for book 2, because I don't think I'll ever even want to try.
_____
Review after original read (November 16th to 18th, 2016):

I'm seriously fucked up right now, don't even talk to me.
Maybe full RTC if I ever get over it (AHAH
destini mia
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
me trying to keep it together

me Realizing who i am as a person

how dare all of you who said i should read this. y'all did me so dirty you know i can't handle these feelings.

it's hard to review a book after finishing the whole series because my emotions are, like, in several different realms right now but i'm going to attempt to string some coherent lines and salvage what i can from this review so please bear with me.

i enjoyed The Raven King slightly more than its predecessor, only because i ha
Aleksandra
That ending just killed me even more, when reading it for the second time. I am mess.

___

NOW I get what the hype is about.

So good.
✧ k a t i e ✧
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Death was unpleasant, but it was a familiar and tolerable ache in his chest.”

I was a sobbing mess for majority of this book. This book made me cry, smile, and cry some more. The books that can make you feel so many emotions in less than 300 pages are the best kinds of books.

Where should I start? The character development? Getting to know more of Renee's, Dan's, Matt's, and Aaron's backstory? This book had everything that I wanted from the last book. There was more of the characters that I wa
Romie
February 2017:

Oh the tears, I can barely see through them.
It hurts so fucking much, and you could think I'd be prepared by now because it's not my first time reading this book, but no, it still hurts like hell.
And I still have no word to explain how much I love this series, this book, these characters, none. This book is by no means perfect, the first half is too long for what happens in it, but sometimes you can't control your feelings. My brain, my heart, my entire being is in love with this
Georgina
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
✨4 stars✨
Okay, I get it now. I totally get it now. This book is so much stronger than the first, and the thing I’m most impressed by is how much development takes place. Character development, plot development, dynamic development, gimme all that development. The writing is still a little bit patchy (although definitely slightly better), it feels a bit rushed at times, and the time jumping ahead is quite abrupt in some places. Despite this though, it’s honestly such a fast paced and entertaining
Shelley
LOOK!!! ^^^ 5 STARS! ^^^

Is this book still classified as YA? Because if it is, I’m revoking my self-imposed YA ban! This is FANTASTIC!

5 STARS for a YA book?!

I know !!! … I still can’t get over it.

I said the Foxhole Court was something special but this, this is even MORE special.

You will not believe the surprises that await you here! If you haven't read The Foxhole Court start there because this is book 2.

They were a team with no concept of teamwork and they determined their hierarchy through fo
amy
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2017, reread
I'm not crying, you're crying

(jk I am)
imts
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone everyone everyone
"He was their family. They were his. They were worth every cut and bruise and scream."

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.

But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.

That, my dear friends, was Shakespeare accurately describing my feeling
Paula
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody that wants to feel like they're taking crazy pills
This book is terrible. Not even like the first one, that one was terrible in a fun way. This one is so bad it's offensive.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't bother me this much if it didn't have a FOUR POINT FORTY SIX STARS OUT OF FIVE rating on this website. That is insane. I feel like I got some bootleg .mobi of this thing and I've been reading a whole entire different book. My version of The Raven King reads like dark!Harry Drarry AU taken from a livejournal community in 2005, not a 4.46/5
kat
i'm fine. i'm fine. i'm fine.
Simone
Out for revenge!

Just to make it clear: by that I mean myself!

Normally, I’m a peace-loving human being and I’ve read a lot of books that made me angry, but last night I was ready to commit a murder! Of a book character! My very first update of the first book in this series said that I already hate the guts of Riko, although I haven’t even met him. And my gut feeling did not deceive me, not in the slightest. Riko is said Raven King, leader of the opposing team of the Foxes, part of the Japanese
Mel
Reread October 2017: I am still trash for this series. I forgot a lot of the events of this book in all honesty though. I’m really glad I did a reread.

I filmed a series review for my BookTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWC_b...

Ok so I'm gonna be honest with you: I was extremely skeptical about this series when I started it. My friend convinced me to read it but I figured anything that was super popular on tumblr might not be my thing. I. Was. Wrong.

If you don't know what these ar
Marty :} (thecursedbooks)
"Some of the strongest people I've known are women.”

protect andrew minyard at all costs (!!!) even when he says he needs no protection.
keep neil josten out of interviews and parties, his temper can't handle them!!!
give nicky hemmick lots of hugs at all times without reason!!!
let aaron minyard be happy and free of nightmares!1!
keep matt boyd off fights on court :)
free kevin day once and for all
and most importantly let the girls (allison, renee and dan) do their thing, they're queens!!

Ok
lucie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just... wow.
I am slowly getting attached to these guys (and their Coach), maybe too much for my own sake because there's only one book left and I am not ready to say goodbye to the Foxes.

This book is much better than the first one so if you don't know whether to continue with this series or not, I highly recommend to do so. The relationships between characters get stronger, you understand why every each of them acts the way they act, there are plot twist you may expect but they blow you away an
Susan
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3rd reread
I'm still so in love with this series.

---------------------------------

I never ever expected to love this series as much as I do. But..... these books are AWESOME!!

Neil is still at Palmetto State University, playing Exy with his team of outcasts. We learn a lot more about Neil’s background and Kevin and Andrew learn some of his secrets.

The Raven’s team is still their enemy and Riko does everything to destroy Neil and Kevin. I wanted to stab Riko, over and over again. He is so evil. Th
  • Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)
  • Cold Turkey
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • The Iron Temple (Rifter, #9)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • Wolves (Raised By Wolves, #4)
  • The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1)
  • Lending Light (Gives Light #5)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Pull Me Under
  • Bone Rider

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Leave Myself Behind
    $15.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
“Neil thought about Renee's bruised knuckles, Dan's fierce spirit, and Allison holding her ground on the court a week after Seth's death. He thought about his mother standing unflinching in the face of his father's violent anger and her ruthlessly leaving bodies in their wake. He felt compelled to say, "Some of the strongest people I've known are women.” 224 likes
“I am a bad person trying very hard to be a good person.” 163 likes