Start by marking “Something's Come Up” as Want to Read:
Something's Come Up

Something's Come Up

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  309 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
*Something's Come Up contains strong language and sexual content. It's intended for mature, 18+ audiences only*

“Feeling dangerous tonight?”

“I’m with you, aren’t I?”

Feeling humiliated after her movie star ex's public betrayal, Stephanie escapes on a spontaneous road trip. She detours for a sexual rendezvous down memory lane with her former frenemy with benefits, attorney Pa
Published November 17th 2013

Brenna
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book completely took me by surprise!

This novella features Pace, a character from Andrea Randall’s November Blue series, and Stephanie, a characters from Michelle Pace’s The Sound Wave Series. Both series I have yet to read.

Pace is an attractive, ambitious, confident lawyer who commands attention when he walks into a room. He’s extremely picky when it comes to women so he mostly just has casual flings since no one has brought him close to wanting to settle down. One night, he’s with a date
Tamron
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Fury and I was very fortunate to have been a beta reader for both Rage and Something's Come Up. I absolutely adore Steph and her snarky wit, and I fell in love with Phillip Kersey in Fury, so naturally I went into SCU with some scepticism. I've been rooting for Steph and Phillip so I didn't want to imagine her with any other man, and frankly I wasn't sure how Michelle Pace and Andrea Randall were going to be able to sell me on the idea (I'm hopelessly devoted to my Phillip)... ...more
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Shelves: paperbacks
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Giving a rat’s ass caused me issue after irritating issue for a lot of my childhood. So after my mom died, I quit caring. Gave it up for Lent and never looked back.

Once I heard that this book was in the works I could NOT WAIT to experience the melding of minds that is Michelle Pace and Andrea Randall. Through various book groups, I have come to know both the ladies over the past year. Let me tell you; they are some kick-ass chicks! Snarky, f
Lelyana's Reviews
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: steamy

***SPOILER ALERT!***

PACE

Stephanie

Honestly, this is my first ebony-ivory romance I have ever read. But I was curious about Pace since Ember-Bo-Adrian story.
Actually, I'd waited for Adrian's for so long, but I got Pace instead...lol.

The first 45% was quite interesting, but 45-65% was a little boring.
Maybe it's a medical discussion that bored me. Even, I admired it for the smart talking, still, I wasn't interested at Medical Science details. Too details. I'm an MD, and I got bored by medical talk
Pamela Carrion
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Who knew a cross over could be so much fun! Randall and Pace double the pleasure and double the fun all in one. Mix hot chocolate goodness with fiery red attitude and BOOM you get Something’s Come Up.

“You’re right. Smooth. Flawless. Still, you’re like Shortcake after she rolled around in hot peppers or something. You’re spicy. I can tell.”

A lot can happen in 24 hours…so why not fill them with hot steamy buck naked kinky sex? Right? I mean it is a no brainier.

“Cat got your tongue, Cary?”
“Interes
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t so sure that “Something’s Come Up” was going to be my sort of book. I’ve never been a fan of what is usually classified as erotica, but, I figured, it’s Andrea Randall and Michelle Pace. I’ll give it a try.
I’m glad I did.
I had previously read Fury so I was familiar with Steph Brier…and she is just my kinda gal. Brash. Tells it like it is. No frills. Not your typical “love story” kinda gal. THANK GOD.
I had also previously read Andrea’s Ten Days of Perfect and Reckless Abandon, so I was f
Christa
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Haven't yet read either The Blue November series or The Sound Wave series yet (they are both sitting there on my e-reader begging me to read them though) I don't think that affected Something's Come Up for me in anyway. I thought this was a great read! I really enjoyed the dynamic between Pace and Steph. They have a lust, anger, trust, love, hate thing going on that really just works The two of them have a history that makes having a future together as anything other than "friends with benefit ...more
Amanda Creager
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I loved it. This was such a "real" story with semi-flawed characters...if you can call them flawed. A small part of me wants to hate how this ended, but I can't. It was perfect. Without giving out to many spoilers, that convo is Rome is heartbreaking.
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
This read was a 4.5 for me :-)

First, I wanted to tell you that while I have read The November Blue Series by Andrea Randall, I have not yet read Fury by Michelle Pace and Tammy Coons (it has been on my to-read list and with my overbooked reading schedule, I just have not been able to get to it yet…. thinking now I will NEED to find the time to). As far as I can tell, you can read this book as a stand-alone, but I am sure if you are a fan of these other series, you will probably love this book al
Sally
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of erotica. Or novellas. So going into this book, I wasn't sure how much I was going to love it. But I'm a huge fan of both Andrea Randall and Michelle Pace, so of course I had to give it a shot.

Something's Come Up brings together Pace (Adrian's hunky older brother) from Andrea's November Blue series and Steph Brier from Michelle's Sound Wave series. I had read both series, but in my opinion, Something's Come Up stands alone, and it isn't necessary to have read either one
DNF at 56%

I won't be rating or formally reviewing this novella because I was unable to finish the whole thing. This is the first book by Andrea Randall I have read and I had read Fury by Michelle Pace but was unable to finish that book as well. I don't think the writing style is the reason I couldn't finish the book, because it wasn't bad....I think my problem was that the storyline and characters just didn't hook me and it all just fell flat for me. By the 56% mark I was completely bored and
Kara Pope
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I have been excited about this book for some time now. 2 of my favorite Authors teaming up to write a Novella, hell yeah I am excited. Something's Come Up is hilarious and oh so sexy! Knowing Pace and Stephanie from Fury and Rage, I knew this read would be kick ass. Also knowing Michelle and Andrea from book groups, I new these ladies teaming up to write this book would be top of the world amazing. If you're like me, you'll fall in love with Pace. This is how he is descried by Stephanie "G ...more
Brenda Walt
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I knew going into this that I loved the books that both of these authors have written. What I didn’t know is that this book would totally blow those out of the water. Amazing job ladies, I hope to see more combined works in the future because you guys ROCK!

I was first introduced to Pace in the November Blue series by Andrea Randall. I was first introduced to Stephanie in the Sound Waves series (Fury, to be exact) and Pace also made an appearance in Rage. If you have read either series then you a
Amy
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Andrea Randall has written, so I was super excited about this book! I haven't read anything by Michelle Pace, but I will be fixing that immediately!
I loved this novella! Pace and Stephanie were perfect with each other!! They had amazing banter and HOT HOT HOT sexual chemistry!! I could definitely read a whole other book with these two! Bravo ladies!! Can't wait to read more from both of you!
Raj
Nov 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Hmm.... I didn't really like it, I skipped most of the story and just read a few scenes here and there. I do like the plot but It didn't have that sentence or even a paragraph that you could hold on to and say, 'this is good' or 'this is interesting', that's why I just skipped and read a few pages just to finish the book. FOr those who've read the whole book, they might find it really good but the writing style isn't for me? anyways, I still plan on reading Andrea Randall's IN THE STILLNESS.
Karen
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Great book. Different than what I normally read but I liked it!
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Andrea Randall, author of the November Blue series, and Michelle Pace, author of the Sound Wave series, join their universes in the riveting contemporary romance Something’s Come Up.

After catching her boyfriend cheating, Stephanie Brier takes a spontaneous road trip to see her former lover, Pace Turner. Stephanie is a snarky and sassy leading lady that I just loved. She is straightforward and can dish it as well as take it. Pace is a hot, sexy,
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
 photo GoodreadsPic_zps6e1735c1.png

ARC provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

Something’s Come Up, by Andrea Randall and Michelle Pace, is a winner. Two amazing authors have teamed up, combined characters from their individual series, and delivered a smoking hot book!

Pace Turner (Andrea Randall’s November Blue Series) and Steph Brier (Michelle Pace’s Sound Wave series) have an interesting relationship. They are more or less friends with benefits. The benefits are so steamy, that both are addicted to the heat of
Tammy Hamilton Green
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It didn't take long to recognize the authors writing is absolute genius! I've come across a couple of new great authors I'd have to follow and read all they've got. What a character they've crafted with Stephanie. I've never ran across a character yet who could touch her. You've got to love her but damn she can be a real pain in the ass. Then there's Pace. What a stud, plus a good guy at that. You really get to see things from his perspective and see the pull and feelings he develops for her.

"Wh
Stacey
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I was excited to read this novella because I am such a huge fan of Andrea Randall and she has yet to disappoint me. Now I can add Michelle Pace to my list of faves. This crossover story features Pace Turner from Andrea's November Blue Series and Stephanie Brier from Michelle Pace's The Sound Wave Series. It can however, be read as a stand alone and I highly recommend it.
Pace Turner is a hot beefy alpha male with a witty and charming personality. Stephanie Brier is a take-no-shit beau
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Something's Come Up. Something's Come Up is written by Andrea Randall (author of The November Blue series) and Michelle Pace (author of The Sound Wave series). I have not read the authors series. I didn't realize to after when I was reading reviews that s Pace, a character from Andrea Randall’s November Blue series, and Steph, a characters from Michelle Pace’s The Sound Wave Series. I was not lost reading this novella. You don't need to have read the author's series to read this one.

I lo
Hooked On Books
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it

This didn’t really work well for me. It was an ok story, but seemed a bit disjointed.
After a very public break up from her actor boyfriend, Stephanie ends up back with her old “Friend with Benefits” Pace Turner.
The relationship between Stephanie Brier & Carrington “Pace” Turner was purely sexual. It had nothing else going for it, apart from the “shock” element I suppose.
There were a few laughs & some sweet moments, but other than the explosive sex, it just didn’t really come together
Andrea
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is how I think of this book - a little bit of cocky and a little bit of sass. Andrea Randall and Michelle Pace - what a team!!!! These two ladies, while being fabulous authors on their own, came together and put together this little ditty of a book. It's like these ladies didn't have anything to do one weekend and they just sat down with a bottle or two of wine and put this awesome read together. To be honest, I didn't remember much of Pace from the first time I read about him, but Stephani ...more
Dicey Grenor
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aw, man. Something's Come Up ended at an annoying place. So much is unresolved. This is more of a part 1 of a great story. I loved the black man/white woman matchup. I'm glad other authors are venturing into more diverse pairings. The cover art is beautiful...sexy, but understated. And to tell you the truth, I didn't notice they were an interracial couple until I started reading. So I was still pleasantly surprised by that. The strong characters and tease of a plot held my attention. I got confu ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andrea Randall (author of The November Blue series) and Michelle Pace (author of The Sound Wave series) joins their talent together in “Something’s Come Up.”
I've not read anything by these two authors before but I think I may be hooked now.
This is a fast paced novella with characters from both these authors books. It's a standalone but it does make you wanna read more about these characters. While reading this I certainly didn't think it was written by two authors. The writing is superb.
Now fo
rhea
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
H.O.T.

Pace and Steph are two strong characters, flawed but lovable. I liked how the authors narrated the story, incorporating some flashbacks giving a solid background of the story. I wished it was longer though because I felt like the story kept me hanging on to something. Overall, this is a steamy read.
Jessica
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
At first I was having trouble connecting with the characters but then once it kept going back to there past I felt I knew them alil better and I was starting to root for them and get there shit together. Now I just wish the book kept going so I could know alil more......
Taylor Freeman
Nov 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
first of all what the hell is that ending.
second their relationship got nowhere.
this was a standalone so I'm assuming there will be no follow up to their story. I'm Pissed I expected them to at least be together at the end of make plans to be together.
Carrie
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it...wish there was more!!
Tammy
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had a blast while reading! Way to go Andrea and Michelle! As you all know I am a little partial to Steph Brier and I think I am falling for Pace. What a hottie! He would definitely do in a pinch.
  • Academy of Love
  • Heart Breaths
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • Without Doubt (Without, #2)
  • Love's Erotic Flower (Forbidden Flower, #3)
  • Trust: Pandora's Box (TRUST Trilogy #3; TRUST Universe #6-8)
  • Bikers and Pearls (Summerbrook, #1)
  • Love Me (The Trust Me Trilogy, #2)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Full Strength (Las Vegas Sinners, #2)
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • Dark Universe (The Universe Series #2)
  • Deep Rising (Outside the Lines, #1)
  • Permanent Lines (Permanent Lines, #1)
  • Cure For Pain
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • He Touches Me  (The Seen Trilogy, #2)
  • Share the Moon (Blue Moon Lake, #1)
Michelle Pace grew up in small town Iowa jamming out with the local band of misfits. She studied theater and vocal music in college, directing and performing in numerous productions. Eventually she chose to settle down, earning more practical degrees in both liberal arts and nursing.

On an enthusiastic quest to avoid shoveling snow, she relocated to the lonestar state with her husband, author L. G
More about Michelle Pace

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“When the girl you’re casually screwing and dating starts to look like she was literally sent from Heaven, you better reassess your priorities before someone gets hurt. Especially when she speaks like the spawn of Satan.” 1 likes