Start by marking “Ungifted (Supernaturals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ungifted (Supernaturals, #2)

Ungifted

(Supernaturals #2)

Even though her father is running for President of the United States, Grace St. Claire is as normal a girl as they come. She’s clumsy, shy, and an outcast among her peers. She even manages to nearly die in a freak accident in front of the entire school. But when Grace survives a vampire attack she quickly learns that she is anything but ordinary.

There’s something about hu
ebook
Published March 2014 by Bluefields (first published January 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ungifted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ungifted

Start your review of Ungifted (Supernaturals, #2)
Muse-ic ♬
I have a soft spot for little Gracie the klutz!

It was weird at first because it's been so long since I read the first book and the whole time I was like, Is this a new character or somebody we know from the last book whom I don't remember??

Grace's dad is a pompous patoot hole.
Also, I really didn't feel anything between her and Preston. I don't know why that was even in there. He was nice and all but there was so little development there, and then suddenly they were like let's date.
(view spoiler)
Amaka
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Becca

how I felt finishing this

*giggles* but seriously. What the hell. GIVE ME MORE. AND GIVE TO ME NOW.

First Warning: This is a second in a series but deals with characters from a very different part of the world, though one of my FAVES from book one shows up *does a little dance* And I don't think there will be a lot of spoilers for book one in this review, but just in case <3

Song Choice: "Don't Find Another Love" by Tegan and Sara, "Drunk Again" by Reel Big Fish, "The Once Happy Heart"
Kelly Oram
Jan 01, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-in-2013
Hey everyone, just to let you know... You can enter to win a free ebook of this on my blog right now, 2 months before it's released! Go sign up! :)

Lenore Kosinski

4 stars -- I am so confused you guys. I honestly don't know what to think. And I can't even really tell you guys all of what has me confused without giving away major spoilers!!! Let's just say that I was left unfulfilled by this book when it finally ended, and since the next book is from someone else's POV, how I am I supposed to get my fulfillment??

Honestly guys, this book was heading in 5 star direction. I was just all over Grace like a fat kid on a sma
Reem
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
To make things clear I have to go back a little to the first book, Chameleon (spn #1) have it all from weres and vamps, witches, wizards to seers and nephilims, I believe all books this kind r a bit similar, not many new ideas and kinda of already-heard-it-all type of plot, chameleon was no different, it is about this Danielle girl a normal trouble maker teenager who enters the supernatural world because of her best friend and before u know it, she has it all! From kickass abilities to major imp ...more
Julia
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I just started this book...and while i am only about 300 pages in, i got anxious because i didnt really know or like where the story was going, so i had to skip to the end to find out what happened.

I have not read book 1, just because i wasnt aware, or forgot, that there was a book 1 and there will be a book 3 and 4. That makes it even less appealing to read.

I only started to read this because I like Kelly Oram as an author and I enjoyed her v is for virgin/a is for abstinence, and being jamie
books are love
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a addictive and enchanting book.. After all that Russ has been through I hope he gets the girl soon. Especially if it is Grace. She is good for him and he for her. I understand her thing about Preston but her and Russ would be wonderful together and people already think they are. After all that happened with Dani and his dad, Russ so deserves some peace and happiness. Please please let this be his with Grace soon.

This book is a interesting twist from the first book in the series. There we s
fennie
kelly oram books are just so compulsively readable. i have a hard time putting them down even when i know i should be a responsible adult and go to sleep. well sleep will have to wait (and that's saying a lot coming from me because i love me some sleep).

this level of discovery, this added fullness to this world oram has created, of the resistance and other players besides the consulate, of nephilim warriors and wolf packs, centuries-old vampires and high warlocks, of blood feuds and complicated
Nomcy 2.0
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading ungifted by kelly oram now and I decided to write my review before I forget how I'm feeling right now. To say I don't really know how I feel right now is an understatement. I would have given this book a five star rating if not for my mixed feelings. It started out on a good note, we were introduced to the ungifted one,Grace. She was the opposite of Dani in virtually everything but was still lovable. Then there was Ethan,her guardian angel(and their bond reminded me of VA) ...more
Lucinda Maddox
I couldn't find the point to the story, maybe it was because I didn't read the first book. Don't read the first book first didn't bother me at all. I understood the story and everything, I just didn't enjoy it. It was easy to read but really boring sometimes. It was fine and I had a great time reading it but I guess it's not my type of book. 2 stars because it isn't a bad book and the story is very original, I have to admit, but I didn't really like it. In my opinion it was really short and mayb ...more
Fairy Tale Junkie
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmmm, I kind of like the twist and turns this story brought to the series, but I'm really not a fan of love triangle or square or however many love interest Grace has in this book.

Also, kind of sad that Dani and Gabe did not even appear in this book.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

And I don't understand why they had to kill Preston. Plus Andrew's character should have not been in this book to begin with. He's unnecessary in the grand plot of everything.

Now, I have to wait another year to see what happens next :
Deniz
Buddy Read with sexy Lexie!
❤❤❤

Took me long enough! And not because I didn't enjoy it-no! This is FABULOUS!- but rather RL really infringed into my reading time. :(
I am not gonna say this is my favorite book of Oram so far, because I seem to say this after every single book I read.
What I can say is Supernatural is my favorite series of her!
AND i cant wait for the next one!!!

Full Review to follow!
Lex
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, paranormal, fantasy
ARC buddy read with my posh and lovely Deniz! <3
Mairenn
Kelly Oram never fails to surprise me with the twists and turns of her books. I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Hepzibah Becca Jael
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🎁Ungifted🎁
@kellyoramwrites

Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

** him being my own personal superhero, and you’d think I’d be in love with him, right? This is the part where I should call him perfect and say that even though he is all of these amazing things, that somehow he’s miraculously still the nicest guy on the planet and totally crushworthy. Well, unfortunately my life is not a teen romance novel. Ethan Dunn is no Edward Cullen. He’s quite the arrogant prick, actually. And not in an endearing Jace Wayland kind
Francine Soleil
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
originally posted here: http://alwayslostinbooks.wordpress.co...

I read the first book of this series around 5 months ago, but I cannot really remember much of the details. I just remember the characters, and not liking it as much as I would have wanted. So I was pretty afraid to try this one out, but I’m glad that I did. I think that this was a definite improvement as compared to the first in the series, and I might just look forward to the next one. I don’t think it’s perfect though. I actually
Jessica
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This one was great. I loved it. It is entertaining and every bit entrancing as the first book. I also happen to love the fact that it mentions my favorite TV show in the book.
Melanie Mason
Good story

Great story, hated the ending. It feels so ... like nothing has been resolved. I just hope the last book that is about a completely different character will tie up the loose ends.
Veronica
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE!!!

Love Kelly and ALL her books. I'm addicted. I'm always waiting for a new one. HURRY AND WRITE MORE! Please.
Amanda
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the Kelly Oram I know and love. Great twists and turns, love that Russ is back in all his sarcastic glory, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Theresa
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supergirl
Oh my goodness! What a ride! Somebody tell me why I hadn't read this book a long time ago? It deserves like ten stars ...more
Farah
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall, I did enjoy this book but I'd put it at more of a 2.5 than 3. I can't rate it any higher because there were just too many parts of this that was just way too hard to swallow. Suspension of disbelief is critical with these books but it's the author's job to make it easy. There were too many parts where Oram took things a little too far. I found myself saying "oh, come on" a few too many times for my liking.

There were definitely aspects where I felt like I was reading fanfiction again. J
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

* A free eCopy was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

4.5 Stars!!

This book was just a whirlwind of emotions. I was both disappointed and excited for this book. Why you ask? Well the disappointment started when I learned I wasn't getting anymore of Dani & Gabriel (that's what I was going for in this novel). After the first chapter I got excited because I just loved how Mrs. Oram narrated the novel.

That was just the start of the emotional roller coaste
Michelle Willms
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Ungifted by Kelly Oram
Grace St. Claire was a klutzy, unlucky young lady who seemed to embarrass herself no matter how hard she tried to lead a quiet, orderly existence. This wouldn’t have been an issue if her father weren’t about to be the next President of the United States. So each and every failure, fall, and personal upset became fodder for the opponent and fuel for her father’s disappointment. She kept to herself at school, stayed out of trouble, kept her mouth shut, and her head down. As a
Angela ReadingCave
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Vanessa
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an addictive book! Just like the first book, Chameleon, this book also gave me a hard time sleeping early. As a result, I was soooo tired the next morning. But I have no complaints about it. This book is just so great that I can’t just ignore.

I thought Dani was going to be present in this book, but to my dismay she wasn’t. I’m still looking forward on reading more about Dani and Gabe. I am starting to like their loveteam even more, hehe. But ofcourse, that doesn’t mean I am forgetting Russ.
ekarifin
First of all I want to emphasize as what I called as Kelly Oram's romanticism. I mean, there are a certain patterns that I found from some or all Kelly Oram's book I've read:

1st : There is always a hero who falls in love with the heroin waayy before they even meet properly. Example is Seth Bishop who played spy with Ellie Weastley, he already knew even fell in love with Ellie even before Ellie realized that she has new neighbor. And then, in Chameleon we have Gabriel who as a seer, he could see
Amber
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this book much more than I liked the first. I found I could relate and sympathize with Grace much more than I could with Dani. I just liked her character so much more, and I found her pretty intriguing with what her ability was.

One thing I found interesting also about this book was how many potential love interests Grace actually had throughout the book. Normally I absolutely hate love triangles, but when she had upwards of 5 or 6? It was kind of hilarious. My only huge issue li
Kimber Wheaton
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

It's now official. I've read and enjoyed enough of Kelly Oram's books to label myself a fan. I find myself drawn to the characters in her books. Ungifted is no different, in fact, I think it may be my favorite so far. I love YA paranormal fantasy, but only if it stands out from the pack. The cast of characters in Ungifted make it a real page-turner.

Grace is the daughter of a senator running for President. Her mother is dead, an
« previous 1 3 next »
Kelly Oram Geek L...: December Group Read: Ungifted by Kelly Oram 3 8 Jan 07, 2017 09:36AM
Kelly Oram Geek L...: Ungifted (Supernaturals #2) 1 2 Aug 08, 2015 02:47PM

• Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • One of the Girls (Friendzone Book 1)
  • The Valiant (The Valiant, #1)
  • Midnight Kisses (Shifter Island, #1)
  • Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • The Exceptionals
  • It's a Charmed Life (The Grimm Chronicles, #1)
  • The Long Goodnight (The Grimm Files, #2)
  • A Witch and a Fish (The Grimm Files #3)
  • The Devil's in the Details (Grimm Files, #4)
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children. ...more

Supernaturals (4 books)
  • Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1)
  • Scion (Supernaturals, #3)
  • Priestess (Supernaturals, #4)

News & Interviews

“Great," I groaned when I finally understood what he was telling me. "You're saying I'm a supernatural and I'm still the most pathetic person on the planet?” 3 likes
“Patience, young grasshopper,” he teased. “Good things come to those who wait.” “How very wise of you,” I teased back.
Russ shrugged. “I eat a lot of fortune cookies.”
2 likes