Start by marking “The Wrath of Sin (Mortal Sin, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wrath of Sin (Mortal Sin, #1)

The Wrath of Sin

(Mortal Sin #1)

Wrath is everywhere, even in the deepest recesses of the innocent. It alters the souls of the desperate and depressed. Changing you, consuming you until all that's left is the sick desire to destroy everything in your path.

SIN
I'm not a murderer, but hate will make you do crazy things. I hate the man who stole my life from me, and it's only fair that I steal something
Published March 23rd 2014 (first published January 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrath of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrath of Sin

Start your review of The Wrath of Sin (Mortal Sin, #1)
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 5 "Red Sin" Stars ****

"No reason to wake up. No reason to breathe. The day her heart stopped, mine stopped too."

photo Sin_zpsavsk5sss.jpg

Sin is broken father. After losing the love of his life, he is not thinking rationally. The only thing he is absolutely sure of, the doctor will pay for letting his daughter die. With all that he has left, justice will be served for his heart, Chelsea.

Sin had no way of knowing that his revenge would be totally thrown in to a tailspin of this-was-
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
3.5 stars.
'The day her heart stopped, mine stopped, too.'

Cover: 8/10
Writing: 7/10
Heroine: 7/10
Hero: 8/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Dual POV. Stand alone. Approx 178 kindle pages.

His suffering is evident. He's on a downward spiral, he's breaking down, he's turning into a monster and revenge is all he can see.
'An eye for an eye.
A daughter for a daughter.
A life for a life.'

Emily is lonely, sexually dissatisfied and bored. She dreams of excitement and bad boys. After
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Full review to come!

4 Stars
1-Click Addict Support Group
Wow!! This story grabbed me right from the beginning and it refused to let me go until the end, wishing…no, hoping that Jacksin would get the closure and happiness he so deserved.

Oh, that Sinful Sin—he's a hard-headed a$$ and stubborn like heck! He knows he's right and he'll do whatever he has to, to prove it. Little did Sin and Emily realize, their feelings would take root and refuse to let go until they both gave in.

This was an emotional read, which had me on pins and needles, rooting for
Juls
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sin has lost his world. His daughter was everything to him and when her health declines so does the life Sin still has left in him. The only thing waking him up every day is his need for revenge on the man who took her from him.
Its not what you think, sorta. The man Sin is after is a doctor. He could have saved Sin's precious princess but instead he was told that he's met his quota for the year for any pro bono procedures. Sin's life shatters before him.
Sin's days are filled with deep sorrow
Julia
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Utterly amazing story written by two incredible authors! The characters were extremely well written. The story line unique and strong. Sin's pain tugs at your emotions, his taste for revenge tempts you and his passion will drive you over the edge. His heartache will become your own while Emily's need unlocks your darkest fantasies.

When Sin's world is turned upside down, I could feel every emotion. His fight to to reclaim his life became my own. When Emily steps into the picture his entire plan
Sandra
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros
I liked Sin. He was damaged but I understood it. I understood his thought processes, his grief, his attraction to Emily, his need for revenge. I understood that.
The was nice sex scenes.

Cons
Emily was an okay character. I just got irritated with her because I felt like she did not have enough self preservation, enough self respect and self esteem to try harder to leave. How do you walk in a park and try not to run or escape? How does "the police" show up at your door step and you don't try to
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is one of the best books I’ve read in quite a while and I was completely floored by how

much I loved every single thing about this book! When I read the synopsis I immediately knew I just had

to read this, but even that did little to prepare me for what a well thought out and incredibly all-

consuming book this was going to turn out to be. This is a story that stays with you long after you’re

finished reading it and makes you feel every single emotion there is from the first page to the
Gemma Weir
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out more of my reviews at my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

The Wrath of Sin is the new standalone novel from Tabatha Vargo, now I’m a massive fan of this authors Blowhole Boys series but I will admit I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect from this book.

I have a real mixed feeling about this book, I liked it but I’m not sure if I should have. Now that may sound odd but this is such a delicate subject matter, Emily falls in love with Sin who let’s be honest has some mental
Tina
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There aren't enough stars in the world to tell you how incredibly fulfilling this book truly is.Have you ever read a book where you were completely and utterly consumed? I'm talking you don't put that book down for NOTHING!!! I don't think I have ever read a book that has bound me to my seat with my heart pounding and absolutely shattered my heart. This isn't a genre I would normally read. I would say this is dark in a way, but there is no way that I would ever pass this book by. I cried. I had ...more
Tiffany
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Wrath of Sin is one of those books that will pull on your heartstrings from beginning to end. Once I started reading 1) I quickly realized I needed to keep some tissue handy and 2) I didn't want to stop.

Sin is a man tortured by the loss of someone he loved more than life itself. As time passes and the longer he has to stew in his own heartache the angrier and more unstable-ish he becomes. He's determined to make the man he sees as responsible for his loss pay.

But his plans take a bit of a
Chicks Looking For A Book Fix
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

But his plans take a bit of a
Eileen Robinson
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
This is quite a shortish book, but yet i still found myself captivated by it. Although the subject of the story was difficult and we all know the pain of losing someone we love so much, i found myself totally understanding all the difficult emotions that Sin was going through, the devastation, the heartache, the pain, the anger, the turmoil, but yet although he felt he was turning into a monster it was also clear that he was a good man.
Sin just can't come to terms with losing his little daughter
Anna
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jacksin Marks is deeply grieving the worst loss a human can possibly experience. And he blames one man for his loss. On man who he holds personally responsible and "Sin" has decided the only reason to go on living is to exact his revenge.

Emily is a grief counselor at a local hospital stuck in a boring life. She yearns for excitement, for something to color her gray existence. After meeting her father for dinner one night, she literally stumbles into a tall dark stranger and her life will never
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
4.5 Stars
This book started out a little slow for me, which seems a little ridiculous seeing as though it was so full of crazy. Seriously I was wicked nervous about how insane Sin was acting and really saw this story taking a bad, bad turn.
Once we finally get introduced to Emily and their first encounter things started to pick up. The crazy didn't stop.
All I kept thinking was, how can I possibly find Sin so incredibly hot while he was acting like such a maniac? The heat between him and Emily
Rebecca
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-reviews-2016
I am just loving the darker side of Tabatha Vargo, add Melissa Andrea and you have one hell of a good book!

Sin is at the bottom of the barrel and dwelling in it like a day at the beach. He doesn't want to deal with anything and can only think of getting his revenge back on the one person that ruined his life and took the best thing that had ever happened to him away. When he meets Emily, retribution is the only thing plan he has for her. But Sin is about to learn about angels....

Emily has it
Jackie
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know how I felt about this book once I started it. I still have mix feelings about it. This book is wonderfully written. It flows nicely together.
I hated that Sin humiliated, hurt Emily's feelings constantly and went after her to get to her father. What's even worst is she has feelings for him. He makes her doubt herself. He knows that he's being a jerk, that the way he's treating her isn't right but he keeps right on doing it.
I felt for Jacksin and his loss. I understood his pain and
Tonya
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. It is an awesome read. I know I teared up at the end a couple times. Jacksin, "Sin", is a grieving father. I think any parent would feel like he did, if they thought the same thing happened to their child, and that it could have been prevented. I wouldn't take it as far as he did, but I could understand where he was coming from. I would want to kill the bastard too. Emily, is the daughter of the surgeon, that didn't save Jacksin's ...more
SaturNalia
Sin has lost his young daughter to heart failure and he blames her doctor for her death. He is depressed, emotional and is self medicating with alcohol. He refuses to get any sort of grief consoling or talk to anyone, he decides to punish the doctor by taking his daughter, Emily. Emily is a grief counselor (how convenient!) and admires her father. Sin stalks her, they met at a bar and on a dare Emily kisses him. They are instantly attracted to each other, then Sin holds Emily hostage in her own ...more
April
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure where I am with my thoughts on this story. It was utterly heart wrenching to see a man so lost in grief over his daughter. The writing was smooth ( although it goes from her thoughts to his thoughts. always a point of contention with me. to reread the same situation twice with no real difference.)

Jacksin Was on the verge of killing himself with grief, when he gets the great notion to get back at the Dr. Who he blames. Interesting, spin on a guy drowning in despair. Then while stalking
Menna
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
It was an emotional ride! 3,5 stars...

He was really suffering a hard loss, i could feel his pain and inner war through the pages.....he lived for his revenge!

She was a doctor living a boring life and wanted something exciting to happen to her.....and like they say watch out for what you wish for..so,she got what she wished for...... She was kidnaped!

He was rough,intense, hot, gentle and furious...a lost soul!
She was fierce,brave, kind and has a heart filled with light !

I liked their
Holly Douglas
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Revenge never solves anything, will never remove the pain but when planing revenge leads you to love just maybe...

This beautiful written story is filled with emotions such as anger, heartbreak, passion, and love.
Melissa Andrea and Tabatha Vargo capture the reader's heart telling this story of Broken man planning revenge and a woman who want more in her life then the ordinary. Their paths collide changing their lives forever. One life learning to live again, the other finding the spark that has
Gwenny
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can you say book hangover????

I had no idea what to expect out of this book. I went in blind, I'm glad I did though. Not the type of book I'd normally grab, but it was great. The characters, wow, what can I say? You could feel Jacksin's pain, my heart broke for him. No one should experience that loss, especially not a parent.
I laughed, I cried, I was pissed off, and cried some more. I'm glad there was a happy ending, I would've been crushed otherwise. Totally not your typical love story, but
Sara Nelson
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This story has so much power over your emotions. This was nothing that I expected. I cried, laughed and even cussed at the characters in this story. All I wanted to do is jump in to this book. His chary. Just saying Sin's name out loud makes you want to jump in to this book. His character is what all women want and fantasize about. He is a heart broken man and all I wanted was to become part of the story and help him. Emily's character is equally as charming! After everything that he put ...more
Anita Powers
I really liked this book, it was a little dark, not much just a little but it was still really good. I love Jacksin, he is sexy, strong, dominant, loving, and loyal. I could feel every bit of his pain because of the author, my heart broke for him. You could feel the chemistry between Sin and Emily right from the start, I kept thinking have sex already geesh. I loved how Sin told Emily to beg for him, they just sizzled. I love how it ended, I was bawling my eyes out. Great story, nice mix of ...more
Janice
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a flash draw - This was an amazing story. Jacksin lost his daughter due to heart failure, everyone around him dies, he decides revenge is best, he targets the Doctor who denied Jacksins daughter an operation due to his monthly pro bono quota, and the little girl dies. Jacksin ends up kidnapping the doctors daughter, Emily. This story delves into different subjects, including death, and how the person that is kidnapped falls in love with the kidnapper. I would recommend this ...more
Hailey
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't really connect with this book or it's characters. I found myself really bored around the 30% mark and kept internet surfing. So I started skimming. I skimmed until about 80% and the. Read the rest and maybe I guess that's why I. Opulent connect with the love the main protags felt for each other. It was a decent plot but it could have been more, been executed better.

So 1.5 - 2 stars from me.
Lesley Peck
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fairy tale of epic proportions. It's dark, hot, and emotional...and also healing. It is such a beautiful story. You meet a man so lost in grief that he can't do anything but seek revenge. You have a woman who is bored with life, but not at all ready for the events that are about to unfold in her life. This story is heartbreaking yet you'll be left feeling full. A 5 star read that you don't want to miss out on!!
Kimothy
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story in this book is about two people at both extremes of the spectrum, one is bored with life, the other is using every ounce of life they have to excel at revenge and devastation. Shock circumstances force our two characters together and then something transpires between the two. They see something in each other that could provide them with more and this develops. A very interesting story with some surprises and kept me surprised with the twists.A very good read.

• Nothing Personal
  • All of Me (All of Me, #1)
  • Fast, Hard Ride
Goodreads LIBRARIANS - please check with me before making any changes or additions.

*** I do NOT check my messages on Goodreads. If you would like to contact me, please send me an email at tabathavargowrites@gmail.com

Tabatha is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author, best known for her sexy adult romance Little Black Book.
Tabatha writes from all genres, including adult and new adult,
“Aren't you suppose to say something sweet to me? "
"You were the reason, Red."
"Reason for what?"
"That my heart beat again.”
1 likes