Start by marking “I Dream of Zombies” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

I Dream of Zombies

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A Humorous Zombie Story Minus the Blood and Gore

Rose Lee is a quick-witted zombie social worker in the small rural town of Hornellsville, NY, working at the Department of Human and Zombie Services. The zombie apocalypse occurred two years ago, and there is a demand for people willing to work with this strange and sometimes foul-smelling population of the un-dead.

When Rose
Paperback, First, 194 pages
Published October 28th 2013 by Createspace (first published October 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I Dream of Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Dream of Zombies

Tanya Booklovinghippo
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book for review as part of a Fire and Ice Blog tour:

I absolutely loved this book- so much so that I had to email the author and let her know the minute I finished the book. It is a light but great read. You have to be pretty darn creative to be able to think of a Zombie Social Worker! From the beginning you can fully relate to Rose and everything she has to try to put up with. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes Zombies... or anyone who just wants a great book t
Jessica
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young adults, adults
Recommended to Jessica by: Family member
I thought this book was funny and I liked the character Rose. I like the way she can take care of herself and that she keeps a baseball bat in her car. I also liked the parts where she dreams about her Uncle Walter, and he is always falling apart.

I would recommend to other young adult readers who like suspense and funny stories.
Rose Wynters
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Dream of Zombies really is a fun read. It's comes at the zombies genre with a fresh, new perspective, with some genuinely funny parts and a very creative plot. I really liked this book! I would definitely read another one.
Francine Soleil
Dec 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
what the what...

originally posted here: http://alwayslostinbooks.wordpress.co...

This is not your normal zombie book. There will be no hordes or mobs running after you. There will be no brain-eating. What the what? Well, that is the main reason I chose to read this book being the scaredy cat that I am. I Dream of Zombies has a very interesting concept behind it, but the writing just didn’t work for me.

Years after the Zombie Apocalypse, both humans and zombies have settled down and had formed a so
Joshua Johnson
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first book in what I happily discovered to be a new series with author. Charlotte Gerber, hard at work on the sequel, I DREAM OF ZOMBIES, book 1 of the Rose Lee’s Zombie Adventures series, did not fail to impress me.
A concept with seems new and refreshing to read, told through quick prose that makes it both a quick read whilst firing up the reader’s imagination with the story playing out before their very eyes, the plot of Rose Lee— a zombie social worker— leaps off the page, each and every
Fiona Wilson
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
I love zombie stories and movies, so was more than happy to read and review this one when asked.

The author has managed to produce a story which is totally different to any other zombie book I've read before.

The story comes after a zombie apocalypse, when zombies are being rehabilitated. Rose is a zombie counsellor, one of those in charge of helping those zombies find somewhere to live, and somewhere to work. She also has a duty to report anyone she suspects may be about to succumb to zombie dise
Karen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book introduces you to Rose Lee. To quote my husband ‘I liked her right from the start’. You can easily relate to the characters you meet in this story. Please just think your own world plus the zombies. This story seems to be the beginning of a real great horror comedy. Some scenes are truly hilarious. Of course there are also rather serious occurrences – as in real life. This plot is based on a great concept, taking me in, immediately I will not tell you more about the story than shown in ...more
Anastacia
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I Dream of Zombies is a cute, fast, little read that you'll enjoy, especially this time of year when your time is not your own!

Rose Lee is a zombie counselor, though she's really more of a social worker. Her job is to help the zombies, a part of the population often misunderstood, ignored, abused, and hurt, siimply because some are losing body parties and often go crazy at the end.

Rose's story is told with humor throughout, and there are some twists and turns throughout the story to keep you goi
Scott Burtness
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had fun with this book! The premise - that zombies are part of the new normal, and need social workers to help them find jobs and housing - is fun. The mystery - what caused the zombie outbreak, who was behind it, and are they up to no good again? - is a simple but effective plot that makes for a good backdrop for the main character's experiences.

It's a well-written book, the main character Rose is likeable and the story moves at a good pace. So overall, I had fun reading it and am looking for
Alexis
Novel idea poor execution.

This author's writing style left something to be desired. The whole " zombie social worker" idea has seldom been done so I was intrigued, only to be disappointed.
Charlotte Gerber
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shirley
Nov 20, 2013
Alexis
rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2015
Nicole
Mar 17, 2014
Sydney Grieve
rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jun 03, 2014
Brittany Thompson
Jan 05, 2015
Charlotte Gerber is an American writer. She began her writing career penning content articles on the Internet. Her articles have appeared on LoveToKnow.com and the New York Times/About.com Disability site, Disability.gov, as well as numerous other outlets.

Mystery Novels

Murder in Middleton (Mystery, YA) was her first novel, which was written in 2003 and published in 2012. It is an old-fashioned mur
More about Charlotte Gerber