Start by marking “Solomon's Tale” as Want to Read:
Solomon's Tale

Solomon's Tale

Solomon, a cat who can see angels and who has been chosen to be born again to help a family endure traumas of separation and poverty, narrates this quirky but heartwarming adventure
Published November 21st 2013 by Avon, HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Solomon's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solomon's Tale

Tiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckCat Land by Keith  NicholsHow to Look After Your Cat by Sarah    RichardsInto the Wild by Erin HunterTailchaser's Song by Tad Williams
The Cat's Meow
165 books — 143 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperInto the Wild by Erin HunterOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Cat Lovers List
935 books — 442 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Solomon's Tale
Saturday's Child
This one reminded me a little bit of 'A Dog’s Purpose'.
Ann-See Yeoh
Loved loved loved this book. Made me smile, made me sob my heart out. If you believe in angels, if you love cats, you've got to read this.
LeeLeeLoves
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Solomon’s Tale is a story about a cat, not just any old cat but a healing cat. He is sent by way of an angel to look after Ellen who was Solomon’s best friend many years ago when she was just a little girl herself, now she is a married woman with a child of her own and a whole heap of troubles!

To reach Ellen, Solomon, had to be reborn. He came out as what he described as being nothing but a sausage and unable to open his eyes for six weeks. The entire story is told from Solomon’s point of view,
Anne
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a story that deals with some hard-hitting and quite emotional issues in a pretty unique style. Solomon, the little kitten who is found by Ellen as a bedraggled bundle of fur is the narrator of the story. Ellen's family is struggling, things are tough and Solomon's presence helps to guide them through these tough times. The voice of a cat as narrator does take some getting used to, but by the second chapter I felt that Solomon had found his 'voice' and the narration flowed perfectly from ...more
Barry Lillie
Jun 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't actually finish this book for two reasons, the first being that I found the writing rather pedestrian and with no gloss whatsoever, it was written in a way that you'd expect a secondary school student to write. To much airy fairy sparkles for me.

The second was the use of the word 'poof' which I found offensive and the way in which it was used. I'm not a fan of censorship, but surely someone must have questioned the use of this derogatory term and it's meaning in the text. The author
Nicola Fantom
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful, heart warming, emotional story told from the perspective of a tuxedo cat named Solomon. He is one special cat tasked with the challenge of finding his owner from a previous life, who is in trouble. Soliman has special psychic skills, is loving and caring, and very brave. There are many obstacles in Solomons journey, and many fears to overcome. Soloman makes lots of new friends along the way, I actually fell in love with him and cried at the end of his journey.

Often his
Elisabeth
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Meet Solomon, a black and white 'Tuxedo' cat, who arrived on the doorstep of Ellen, her son John and partner Joe in a thunderstorm totally bedraggled and desperate for a home.
Ellen takes pity on the poor little kitten and takes him into her home and Solomon thinks that he has found his forever home.
Life, however, is not a bed of roses for Ellen and her family and there are many challenges that Solomon will have to endure to help Ellen and her family rebuild their lives together.
A beautiful
Tina
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for cat lovers from the cat's point of view. Very sad ending, you will need tissues.
Wendy Slater
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sheila Jeffries is a talented and gifted writer whose words seemingly come to life as they dance across the pages of “Solomon’s Tale”.

This book is written for children. Yet, I became aware reading “Solomon’s Tale” of the healing of the “inner child” within me from this magical story.

Complex topics of spirit, death, reincarnation, abandonment, betrayal, angels, vision quests and love are presented seamlessly and with gentle clarity.

“Solomon’s Tale” is a beautiful written children’s story about
Louise Jones
I enjoyed reading this although for a much younger age group and not keen on cats i did enjoy this , think it was because it made you wonder about other animals u have met in your own life and it is nice to think they were here for a purpose it is well known that having an animal helps with blood pressure and have heard alot of people mention rainbow bridge were animals go when they die !!
i enjoyed Solomon and his adventures with his spirit animals as i have often felt messages from outside
Bady
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book.
Salomon’s Tale is a heartwarming story of a cat, his owner and all the magic in between. I still smile, when I think about it.
It has a very easygoing writing style, it is fast to read, it is not a heavy read and the story is definitely enjoyable.
I give it 5 out of 5 stars and definitely recommend it.

Btw the book is also available in German, Italian and French.
Dawn
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good read for a fiction cat tale. There is a lot of hard times for Solomon and without giving any spoilers away be prepared for chapters 9 and 10 with tissues galore. I thought the story was well written and covered Ellens relationship troubles very well. Some parts of the book are quiet predictable especially towards the end chapters, but nevertheless this is a book well worth a read especially if you are a cat lover. Solomons Tale will touch your heart.
Ann Salmon
I'm not a cat person but I liked the cat on the cover of this book.
So glad I did I really loved this book and I'm sure my granddaughters will as well. Its just the blubbing when sad things happen and I did.
Debs Longman
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must for cat lovers

This truly is a heartwarming tale. Anyone who has been loved by a cat will understand the warmth, affection and understanding of Solomon. The book made me laugh, the book made me cry. Breathtaking story. I’m now going to give my cats an extra cuddle each.
Lizzy
May 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
I got to the end of the first chapter.
By this point, the following has already has been mentioned; stardust, psi sense, spirit world, angels- more specifically, the 'angel of shooting stars', comfort angels, healing light and healing gift. The writing style also isn't for me I'm afraid.
sarah youd
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant moving book

I choose this rating because this book made me laugh and fall in love with all the characters made me cry quite a lot but overall made me feel good by just reading it...p.s it also made me want a cat
Pauline
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice easy read. Cat lovers would love it.
Lesley Halliday
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aww what a lovely sweet story ...more
Rowlie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute little tale about life seen through a cat's eyes.
Celine Kim
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so touching and always manages to bring tears to my eyes.
Michelle Wiles
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was based partly on truth and partly fiction. I found it a very heart warming and touching tale.
Can`t_Stop.Reading
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much ! It was so sweet and I really connected with the story. I also thought the ending was absolutely perfect and loved how the author had based the cats on the cats she used to have and spoke a bit about them . Definetly would suggest people read this book and I think this is one of the few books that I'll most likely come back and read again :)
Kätlin
I really wanted to like this book. I love cats and have grown up with them, and it was a cute story. There were cute moments and the book had some nice paragraphs, and the end was a real tear-jerker. If you've ever lost a pet, you can't not be moved by the ending.

But unfortunately the writing got badly in the way of enjoying the book more, and that's why I cannot give it more than 2 stars. The writing style was very simplistic and basic, so I was quite surprised to find out that the author has
LindyLouMac
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I was approached by the publisher to see if I was interested in reading and reviewing Solomon's Tale I admit I had my doubts. Firstly I normally steer away from young adult novels and secondly books written from an animals point of view. However loving cats and missing having my own there was something about it that I found appealing so I said yes. Thankfully I did and thanks Avon for giving me the opportunity to read this heart warming spiritual story proving to me just how close a ...more
Liz Chapman
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is definitely a girly read and in retrospective ,a little bit like an American book I read on a similar story line . From the cover it was not quite what I expected. I was not sure whether this was a teenage or adult book . In his first life the black and white cat Solomon lives with a little girl Ellen with whom he forges a close bond. Solomon likes to sit on the piano while Ellen plays well but can never be persuaded to perform in public. Sadly Solomon dies because it is not his time ...more
Kate
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a real tear-jerker in places but I loved it. It was beautifully and simply written with a page-turning storyline and it appealed to the inner kid in me as well as the inner cat! I did think the business with the kittens was left at a loose end and expected one of them would appear later on. Maybe that would have been a bit too neat but I was worried about them especially as a seed of doubt was sewn with what Joe actually did with them. I also wondered why the author had Solomon as an old ...more
Kirsti
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book has four entries when you look it up. Same book, people. I put down Heir of Fire yesterday, knowing I could read nothing even close to that genre. So I choose this from my teetering to read pile, and wasn't disappointed. It was a cute book, uplifting and reminding me of my two precious cats. I wonder what Ivan was in a previous life, he is as loving as Solomon!

Now I know I'm weird, but after work I finished this at the pub. Yep, while bozos drink themselves silly around me, I sit
Evelyn hulme
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you like cats you will love this book.
I have a tuxedo cat myself and I love her to bits and I understand that cats are so important in a way that nobody really understands and I love this about this book it really delves deep into the perspective of a cat and it made me cry.

Also the family that it is based around is so lovely although there is abuse and tension within the family I really appreciate the woman because she does so much for everyone even though she has got so little and it
Kimi
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 8/10

One cold, wet night, a kitten sits in a front garden, meowing desperately to be let in. This kitten is Solomon, and this kitten will fix broken hearts and a broken home.

I’m going to start this out by coming straight out and saying it - this book is not the best written book in the world. The author is, by trade, a children’s author, and this is evident within the writing. I will also say that is an absolutely wonderful story that every cat lover will adore.

The story is told from the
Michelle
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solomon's Tale is about a cat called Solomon. He is not only a cat but he is a healing cat sent by an angel to look after Ellen. First Solomon meets Ellen when she was a little girl and became best of friends but Solomon dies because it wasnt his time to be with her.

Than an angel brought solomon back to earth a found Ellen also with another cat called Jessica. The story tells of Ellen with her son John and the problems they face together.

This is a beautifully written book. will make you laugh
« previous 1 3 next »

• Alfie the Doorstep Cat (Alfie, #1)
  • Molly and the Cat Cafe (Cat Cafe, #1)
  • La chambre des merveilles
  • The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas- How a Cat Brought a Family the Gift of Love
  • The Accused
  • Full Disclosure
  • When Fraser Met Billy: An Autistic Boy, a Rescue Cat, and the Transformative Power of Animal Connections
  • Charlie the Kitten Who Saved A Life
  • The Art of Splatoon
  • Splatoon 2 Ikasu Art Book 2017 11/29
  • An Inspector Calls and Other Plays
  • The Ice House
  • Što je muškarac bez brkova
  • Swapping Lives
  • Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly (Hercule Poirot, #45.7)
  • Falling Angels
  • Il giro del mondo in ottanta giorni
  • Paperino Luglio n. 301