Jump to ratings and reviews

Cornerstone #2

Exposed Affections

Staring at the hands of two men greedily clutching her legs, Julia is frozen in place—unsure of how she should react to their dual-intimacy. It’s one thing to have her photography professor show an interest in her, but to also have his identical twin making advances puts Julia’s mind into a total state of chaotic confusion. Is she able to handle the pressure of choosing between two men who both manage to take her breath away?

In the last week, Julia Peterson’s life has become an emotional roller coaster with breathtaking twists that include breaking all the rules with a certain professor, to gut-wrenching horror as a stalker from her past lurks behind the scenes and threatens her new happiness.

Despite her attempts to conceal her secrets and keep her friends in the dark, she must learn to cope with the idea that not all secrets are meant to stay hidden. When her haunting past comes at her with a vengeance and life is determined to beat her down, Julia must discover true strength within herself before she is able to open her heart, find who she really is, and learn to love.

Exposed Affections is the second novel in the Cornerstone series, contains mature content, and is meant for adult readers ages 18 and up.

471 pages, Kindle Edition

First published November 11, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rene Folsom

69 books403 followers
GET A FREE BOOK >> www.renefolsom.com/newsletter

Rene Folsom, author of contemporary and paranormal, lives in Florida with her husband and three kids. She has officially diagnosed herself with creative ADD and often has a million and one writing projects going at once. In addition to writing, she is also a graphic artist who enjoys creating custom book covers for indie authors. She is definitely an artist at heart and would love nothing more than to be elbow deep in clay during her waking hours.

Rene believes that all fiction is based on some form of reality—otherwise we would never have the inspiration or knowledge to dream up the realistic situations we portray with our words. She is proud to say that her personal experiences have been inspirational, though perhaps not always identical to that of her fictional characters. Where reality and fantasy diverge, however, must remain her little secret…

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
28 (5%)
1 star
20 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 74 reviews
Profile Image for Michael Loring.
Author 15 books40 followers
December 11, 2013
Exposed Affections is the second book in Author Rene Folsom’s Cornerstone series, following immediately after Shuttered Affections.

This book is for mature audiences. I mean it. Mature. You want to trust me when I say this book is HOT. The first few chapters had me blushing, and I don’t blush. Ever.

This book takes place right after the first, with Julia Peterson placed between twin brothers Aiden and Coda Stone. Just as she’s thinking she may have to choose, the two of them group together and take her. After some steamy ménage a trois Julia discovers he psycho ex is still on the hunt, and that her troubles are far from over. With her two men at her side she’s going to give one hell of a fight to keep her past life behind her.

I don’t want to say too much, since I’m afraid I may spoil too much of the story. Let’s just say no matter what there’s always time for some “action.”

I again must point out, as I did in my last review for the first book, erotica is not my bag. I usually tend to stay away from it since I find a lot of it tacky and predictable. Rene Folsom has managed to break the common strand that follows most erotica books, and actually weaves in a story. This book isn’t just sex, there’s an emotional connection between the characters. They fight for each other, not because they want to have sex (well, they do, but it’s not the ONLY reason) but because they love each other. When someone threatens their lives and their loved ones, there’s hell to pay.

Rene Folsom has a unique writing style that captures you and doesn’t let go. I was impressed and more than a little flustered by her ability to paint a clear picture of what was happening in this book. I recommend this book immensely to all romance/erotica readers looking for something to truly enrapture them!
Profile Image for Mary Mooney.
2,344 reviews52 followers
April 13, 2014
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here it is. I loved Shuttered Affections and had to start this one quickly just to find out what happened next. And it nearly caught my kindle on fire. The story is hotter and better than the first. Julia is finding that being in the middle of a Stone sandwich is really where she wants to be. And who wouldn't, the Stone brothers are perfect, sexy, possessive to a point and very HOT! All they want is to protect Julia from her past. While the ex-boyfriend is still trying to get to her, Julia is trying to more forward. And that includes moving forward with Aiden and Coda. And they are all realizing that after a very short time that they are all falling in love. But Julia keeps telling herself that it's not love, it can't be after knowing them for a few days. This story will bring out the emotions that I find to make a great story greater. You will feel the pain Julia has gone through and will go through, love that three people share, betrayal from her parents and a protective and loving best friend. Also in the telling of Julia's past with the ex, it is disturbing and somewhat graphic, so if you don't like stories about abuse, rape and stalker ex-boyfriends, then maybe you shouldn't read this one. But I think you should because you can get past that part to find a fantastic story to enjoy. And I loved every single thing about it.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Stacey Medak.
41 reviews2 followers
November 20, 2013
I was given this Arc by the Author for an honest review.

Rene Folsom is an amazing writer! Each story she delivers just gets better and better.

The Cornerstone Series is absolutely amazing and heartfelt.

Can I have my own set of Stone twins? Wow... What woman wouldn't want to be in the middle of a Stone sandwich?

Juliana is a strong woman who has had a terrible past that has snuck up on her once again. Luckily she has two strong protective men watching her back... But the trauma of dealing with the night terrors would put me Over the edge.
You would have to be a strong person and have the right support to not fall into a deep depression and continue taking your next breath. Juliana is a survivor!

Aiden and Coda, the Stone twins can't stay away from Juliana. They care for her deeply and would do anything for her. I would be happy to take them off her hands!! Being twins, they have a very unique connection. They share everything....

Rene had me gasping for air at times throughout this book. How many authors do that for you? Your stomach drops as if you are being launched down Splash Mountain. Gosh hold my hair back because I was ready to hurl with my insides feeling like they were on a roller coaster! That is what an amazing author does to you!

I love Rene Folsom and can't wait too see what is up her sleeve next!!
Profile Image for Brittany.
2,994 reviews23 followers
May 26, 2014
This review is for both Shuttered Affections and Exposed Affections book two in the Cornerstone series. Shuttered Affections (Book One)- I honestly just could not get into this book. Julia was just so weak and whiny to me in this book. I almost did not finish it but I just forced myself to do it and after finishing book two I am glad I decided to not let myfeelings for book one stop me from reading book two.
Exposed Affections (book 2)- I loved this! This book takes you on a hot, steamy, emotional rollercoaster. You will laugh, cry, and wonder how things like that could happen to someone. I know many people will have a problem reading a book with a very troubling thing that occurs in this book but people I think need to read it anyway. It is good to see the emotional toll that occurs after such an event. The author does a great job of giving us a glimpse into how a person is affected by such a terrible crime. I really enjoyed this book. I cried a lot but I loved the two men and hope that there will be more about this trio.
Profile Image for Novel Grounds.
1,518 reviews71 followers
October 2, 2014
ExposedAffections

5 Stars|Goodreads|Amazon
Meg's Review:
Coda and Aiden. These men make me Melt. Capital M. Melt. Swoon. Kneel. Can I please be written into one of Rene's stories. They are literary AWESOMESAUCE.

We jump back in exactly where we left off. With both of those lovely hand on our thighs. I mean Julia's thighs. Yeah, her thighs. See what I mean? The story just make you imaging you are in it. Trust me. You WANT to be.

Julia's past is back to haunt her. In a big way. But not only is it back, its haunting everyone around her. This novel erupts. It is full of well-developed storyline that is choked to the top with great characters and true devotion. There was SO much I wanted toe ee happen with this novel and I wasn't let down. It delivered and still kept me guessing. I saw some stuff coming, but at the same time I didn't.

You know the type of novel that is perfectly balanced? Has just the right amount of action mystery to its love and sex? Rene perfects that in this novel It has just the right glance to really keep you in the novel.

Just for the greatness of it, don't miss this awesome sequel to the wonderful Shuttered Affections. Kudos Rene, you did it again,
Synopsis:

Profile Image for Nicole.
Author 32 books34 followers
November 13, 2013
*Sigh* First of all I am still on my Aiden/Coda high as I write this. Rene Folsom is frickin brilliant. Not only does she write a story that captures the audience, but she writes in such a way that makes it damn near impossible to put down. Shuttered Affections was a brilliant start to the Cornerstone series but to really get to the good and dirty fun you have to get into Exposed Affections. This book is NOT for anyone under the age of 18.

Coda and Aiden are attached to Julia not only because of their twin ESP but because she gives them each something that they need. While they are identical in a lot of different aspects, they are two very different people. It's not that hard to figure out which twin is which when they're around Julia. They both shower her in love and affection as well as make sure that they don't push her into anything that she wouldn't want. They are the perfect combination of a male that any woman would want. Protection, love, adoration and everything else that makes them the Stone twins.

Julia's life is good even though she is unsure of what she is allowed to want when it comes to the Stone brothers. She quickly learns that there are basically no barriers when it comes to them. They find it natural to share everything because they've done it their entire life. As Julia falls into the role of loving both Aiden and Coda, the shit ultimately hits the fan.

Rob is still stalking her and is now threatening people she cares for and doesn't want hurt. When things escalate with Rob, she learns just how precious life and love truly are. But, the bad doesn't end there. Julia is still put through hell as she lives with the aftermath of everything that happened.

But, you find out who your true friends are when you go through hell and see those who stick by you. Julia finds friends in Tanya as well as Bri and of course Sid her life long best friend.

Once Julia realizes that she is stronger than she sees herself as and that she has the support of two amazing men. Her life turns around her for and she gets what she's always wanted thanks to Coda and Aiden.

As a bonus Rene Folsom adds in the first four chapters of Shuttered Affections from Aiden's point of view. All in all Rene did an AMAZING job at wrapping up this series. While I'm sad to see the end of Coda, Aiden, and Julia I am glad to know that they got the ending they deserved as well as know that their story got told.
Profile Image for Dawn Smith.
188 reviews15 followers
December 21, 2013
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. OMG! This book took the whole college student- professor relationship up an entire notch. I could not get enough of this book, could not put it down, and now I need more. Shuttered Affections tells the story of Julia Peterson, a young and beautiful student with a broken past that haunts her. She one day randomly meets a gorgeous man when he steals her parking space at college. Well, imagine Juliana’s surprise when she walks into class and sees the thief- Aiden Stone- preparing to lecture the class. Aiden is oh so sexy and it could be love at first sight for Julia This pair is electric and whenever they are near each other, sparks fly. But Julia’s past, in the form of an abusive ex boyfriend is never too far away. As hard as she tries, she cannot escape the horror that she has lived through. I kept wondering how Aiden and Julia would ever be able to overcome all these obstacles and if they could really make it as a couple. Shuttered Affections was beyond amazing. There was not one thing that I didn’t like about this book. The story line was fast paced, intriguing and sexy. I never knew what was going to happen as I flipped pages. The characters were amazing. Julia was smart, sweet and strong but she also had a vulnerable side to her. Aiden. I was definitely hot for teacher in this book. The professor was intelligent, off the charts sexy, and very attentive and caring to Julia. As an added bonus, he has a twin brother. Yes, you heard me right ladies. There are two identical objects of lust in this book. As much as I loved the sizzling relationship between Julia and Aiden, I was loving the burgeoning relationship between Julia and Aiden’s brother, Coda. I sense some sparks in that relationship also and cannot wait to see where the next book in this series takes us. Shuttered Affections is a kindle melting, thigh clenching, sweaty palms kind of book and I loved every minute of it.

5 out of 5 stars
Profile Image for Angela Goodrich.
1,605 reviews73 followers
September 13, 2015
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Awesome conclusion to Shuttered Affections!

Exposed Affections picks up right where Shuttered Affections left off and ramps up the heat immediately. There is no slow seduction in the sequel as Aiden's twin brother Coda is thrown into the mix with Julia and Aiden as their relationships develop. Suffice it to say that the twins really do double the pleasure for Julia ... often ... and the scenes were HOT!

I will say that at times I became annoyed with Julia as she seemed much more unsure of herself in Exposed Affections than she did in Shuttered Affections. As I wondered what happened to the feisty and independent Julia from the first book, more details about her past regarding her psycho stalker ex and her parents would emerge and then I would wonder how she managed to open herself up to Aiden and Coda. Julia deals with so much in this book that at times I forget that she's only 22 and her insecurities are likely normal for her age.

I felt this was a wonderful conclusion to the series and am sad that it is a 2-book series and not a trilogy. Despite the smile producing epilogue, I would love to spend more time with the trio of Aiden, Julia, and Coda. I really enjoyed the Cornerstone series and will probably read it again, several times.

I also want to thank Ms. Folsom for the bonus chapters for Shuttered Affections written from Aiden's perspective. LOVED THEM!

Reader Warning: If you are uncomfortable with M/F/M scenes, abduction scenes, rape & assault this book is not for you.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Natasha.
68 reviews8 followers
April 23, 2014
This installment in the series picks up right where Shuttered Affections ends off. Julia is shocked to find that both hunky alpha men, Coda & Aiden, are sitting there with hands on her thighs! Yowza!!!!

Who wouldn't want 2 super hot guys after her affections yet not trying to keep her away from the other? Sign me up please LOL I love how Coda and Aiden are identical, but also different in so many ways and each offers Julia something that she not only wants, but needs!

"Oh, god. They were going to make me choose? I'd rather die a thousand deaths than choose just one. The idea of choosing between the two men had the possibility of completely shattering my world"

In addition to the extremely hot, naughty scenes between them, there are also some sweet and tender moments as well. I love the dynamic between these 3, it works well for the book :)

"These men belonged to me. I had never felt possessive over anyone before, but through all this, I was certain of one thing: these men were irrevocably and completely mine."

You also see more in regards to the situation with Julia's past, and ever present stalker. These scenes are extremely well written, mind blowing, and even a little heart breaking. I enjoy how it displays that though Julia is young, she is a lot stronger than even she realizes!

This book is amazing and the storyline is fantastic! Rene did a wonderful job of completing their story. I love the bonus scenes from Aidens POV as well.

Thank for another great read :) It's a total must read!

Profile Image for Rachel Krogen.
158 reviews4 followers
April 30, 2014

I got this for a honest review

TWINS!!! Oh yeah as you have guessed it Aiden has a Twin Coda..OMG!!!!
Julia past is back haunting her and now her best friend. She tries to keep it from Adain, but when the exboyfriend shows up at work everything falls apart She has to tell her closest friends her dark past and the horrific events that unfolded.aDAIN COMES IN AND SAYS SHE IS TO STAY WITH HIM SO HE CAN WATCH OVER HER! i DONT WHAT TO SAY WITH OUT GIVING MORE AWAY! A MUST READ!! I loved it!!!
Profile Image for Serban Georgiana.
244 reviews7 followers
March 6, 2015
Daca in primul volum am apreciat normalitatea relatiei dintre Julianna si Aiden,in Exposed Affections toata acea normalitate este "aruncata pe fereastra" odata cu aparitia lui Coda-fratele geaman.
Am fost surprinsa cu cata usurinta a acceptat Julia sa intre intr-o relatie cu cei doi frati identici.
Aceasta serie este +18,si ma asteptam ca in acest volum sa fie multe scene de sex intre cei trei,dar tot am fost "zdruncinata" de cat de pornografice au fost ele.
Nu ma intelegeti gresit,ca nu judec pe nimeni,chiar mi-a placut cartea,si poate ca acest sentiment este trezit de faptul ca cei doi sunt frati gemeni.
In acest volum treculul si prezentul Juliannei ies la iveala,ea este rapita si violata de fostul ei prieten.
Autoarea este foarte transanta,iar scenele si momentele pe care protagonista le traieste in cabana in care este tinuta prizoniera sunt foarte traumatizante si brutale.
Am fost chiar uimita de puterea de vindecare a Juliannei,si cu cata usurinta a trecut peste acest episod dramatic .Ca sa fiu sincera ,mult prea usor ,pentru ca la scurt timp se regaseste in bratele celor doi iubiti.
Cartea se incheie cu o cere in casatorie,si in ciuda faptului ca cei trei raman impreuna,simt ca ceva lipseste .
Punctajul meu este de 4 stele.
Profile Image for Magen McMinimy.
Author 45 books185 followers
November 10, 2013
Rene does it again adding another hot story to her growing list of amazing novels, novellas, and short stories.

This second installment of the Cornerstone series is hot, hot, hot with moments that had my brows rising in shock.

Exposed Affections deals with the issues of Aiden and Julia’s relationship from Shuttered Affections and adds a whole new element in the form of Coda, who has quickly become my favorite character of the book. Julia is again dealt a lot of blows throughout this Novel and most of the time she is emotionally wiped out and finds herself in dark places. And still Rene finds a way to tell Julia’s painful story, without going into too many gory details of the sick and twisted side of humanity. Rob, Julia’s bastard of an ex is also dealt with, though not before he makes his final mark on Julia’s life.

This book has some heavy content but is unquestionably a well written Erotic Romance and if you enjoyed Shuttered Affections then you must read this installment as I have no doubts that you will love the addition of Coda as he adds a new element of spice and makes for some great scenes.

Profile Image for Lexi.
Author 112 books232 followers
December 22, 2013
**Originally posted on Book Bliss book blog. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**
Review: 4 stars
General: Please note this is the second in a series and you will be very lost if book 1 is not read first. This book picked up the slack from the first one. The tension from the twist with Aiden and Coda ramps up immediately into one hot, intense scene. The chemistry between the trio blazes right off the page and as always Renee's writing drags you right into their time together.

More importantly though the tension in the storyline was easier to connect with. I'm not certain if it was because I was already familiar with the characters or the smoothness between the trio that allowed me to connect me. Rob was suddenly much stronger of a villain than in the first and the friends even had a stronger sense of interaction with Julia than they did prior.

Overall this was a good end to the book. I'm still not 100% on board with the scenario as a whole as so much time was spent on relationships not a whole lot went into the believability behind a twin + 1 romance and a crazy stalker.
Profile Image for Elizabeth Neff.
97 reviews2 followers
March 9, 2014
This book pick up where the other left off and it is just as hot and just as amazing. The ending is a big surprise but a good one. I actually found this book even better than the first, if that possible. The sex contained in this boo is the same pairings and amazing but the storyline is amazing.

I was also given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I will tell you now that if you read the first one and love it you will love this one just as much if not more. It will require the use of a cold shower and some tissues as well. I also found myself smoking on more than one occasion after reading certain scenes.

It isn’t a read for the faint of heart it contains hot sex on more than one occasion, so ladies worn your husbands that they need to get to writing their thank you letters now. This book gets another five stars from me only because there isn’t a way to give more. I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for J.L. Leslie.
Author 58 books655 followers
June 9, 2016
This book was super hot and a little taboo. I was honestly torn the entire time I read it. I don't think this is a spoiler since the synopsis of the book tells you this, but I don't know what I think about her being with both brothers. I wanted her to choose one and I wanted it to be Aiden. In the first book, the chemistry between Julia and Aiden is obvious and I just wanted the two of them to be together. I felt that there were some plot holes in this book in the sense that (hopefully without giving anything away) she was saying "It was yours" like it belonged to both of them when that is simply not possible. It could've only been one. And if I read correctly, it could've only been Aiden. I also still find the time that passes hard to believe because all this happens over just a few weeks from the first book to this book. I also think Julia accepted what the brothers wanted a little too easily. She didn't even have to think about it. At all. Still, it was a good book and I enjoyed it.
Profile Image for Claire Thake.
Author 2 books21 followers
November 27, 2013
Wow Wow Wow! this book is so hot you will need a fan in December! Definitely not for readers under 18! I could not put this down (completed it in one sitting) just the same as Shuttered Affections the first book in the series. I am totally and utterly in love with Aiden and Coda and wish i could reach into the book and claim them for myself (dont tell the husband). As well as the hotness the storyline is utterly brilliant! Rene is amazing and has written another amazing installment in the cornerstone series! It made me want to cry and throw my kindle at the wall in places in frustration (in a good way). This book takes you on a rollercosater of emotions, many highs and lows.

I will be sad to see the end of Aiden and Coda, but at least I can re-read to get my fix! Rene is incredibly talented and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next :)

A big thank you to Rene for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Rachael Orman.
Author 26 books368 followers
December 17, 2013
I literally finished Shuttered Affections and IMMEDIATELY picked up Exposed Affections because I couldn't wait to find out where the story went. In book one, we got to meet and know Aiden, who stole my heart.. In book two, Coda comes in and equally steals my heart for reasons of his own. I don't think I could pick one over the other. They are twins after all so they are both HOT.. But the way they love on Julia is just amazing. They have to get through a couple rough situations..
At one point I wanted to punch Aiden and cuddle with Coda just from their reactions. They are just the perfect pair with human reactions and emotions.
Poor Julia has to go through something no woman should have to go through and she does it alone, which only made it that much harder for me to read.
In the end, I just wanted more!!! My new favorite series and my new favorite twins!!
Profile Image for Whitney Baer.
44 reviews4 followers
August 5, 2016
Mesmerizing romance with intense sexual situations.

Let me start by saying WOW! This book will leave you breathless. When I finished I had what you call a book hangover. I couldn't get the damn book out of my mind.

In Book 1 I had a major crush on Aiden, but after this read...
I am team CODA all the way.

Aiden is a protector and I love how Julia looks to him for approval. Coda though... He is sweet, caring, and an intense lover.

Let's be real here... 2 men is any girl's fantasy. Some books that include two men though take it too far. I loved how the Author added the right amount of sexy time and an equal amount of plot.

The twist and turns in this story had me on the edge of my seat. Just when I got lost in the romance- BAM! suspense overload.

The ending surprised me and I found myself giddy over the direction things went.

Profile Image for S.M. Harshell.
Author 5 books39 followers
March 12, 2014
I think this was a great conclusion to Shuttered Affections. The heat in this one is off the charts. When Aiden introduces his twin brother Coda into their relationship, the sparks that fly are huge. I was a little weirded out with some of the things that happen in the bedroom but for the most part the sex was hot. Julia being so unsure and whinny got to be a little annoying, but I can see why she was written that way. This is a good series to lose yourself in for awhile, you've got the hot sex scenes, sexy twin brothers and a little suspense thrown in, makes for a good combination.

Profile Image for Angie.
1,225 reviews17 followers
August 12, 2016
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This book was awesome from the very first page! it starts exactly after the first books stopping point and it went fast and furious! I can only hope there is a third book to explain things further from the epilogue.

sex scenes : they were smoking hot :)

characters : I felt like I was right there in the book

religious : no

more than one book : yes two books and I really hope for a 3rd

genre : romance with suspense

would I read more by this author : yes

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Ruthie Taylor.
3,500 reviews37 followers
March 8, 2014
This story picks up straight from book one and the action speeds up, but not always in a good way for Julia or the twins. The writing is generally well paced, and it is very difficult to stop turning the pages to see what happens next. Without giving anything away, I can safely say that you will find out much more about Julia's past, and the impact that it threatens to have on her future.

I am very glad I read this series, and although it is complete, I would happily read more ... but for now will think up my own 'what happens next! '

Profile Image for Tonya.
1,960 reviews7 followers
November 12, 2013
Rene has done it again. I was lucky enough to read this book 2 weeks ago and I could not put it down!! I had such a book hangover from it. I really felt for everything that Julia was going thru. This book had me tearing up and it ripped my heart out during some parts. She is such a strong character, stronger than she knows. And with everything she's been thru and went thru...wow. Was very well written and I really really want another lol. I was pissed at Aiden for a bit in the book, but he so deserved it. I'm not trying to be vague, I just don't want to post any spoilers so it's making writing this even harder.
Profile Image for Colleen Everly.
374 reviews7 followers
March 21, 2014
TWINS
Oh my what an awesome read! This book had me in tears, angry, happy, and the sex scenes were mind blowing. The things she had to go through were so heartbreaking, her ex had me wanting to hunt him down and castrate him if not more. Of the twins I liked Coda best but don't tell Aiden. ;) Stone sandwich mmmm. The twins are her soul mates and make her whole again. These three have a very unconventional relationship but these days who cares as long as it's consensual and makes them happy. Awesome writing by the author. WELL DONE. If you haven't had a chance to read any of her books you are missing out.
Profile Image for Adrian.
529 reviews
December 17, 2013
Exposed Affections picks up where we were left hanging in the first book. While I enjoyed book 1, this book blew me away!!! It has a love triangle (Julia was NOT complaining about being the middle of the Stone Twin sandwich), fights, kidnapping and a few other twists. Super emotional read, I was crying with Julia at parts. She had it rough, but through it all she had the love and support of her friends and her men.

The sex in this book is HOT!!! But to only was it hot, it was tender and loving.

Well written characters you will totally fall in love with. I would have a hard time choosing between Aiden and Coda too!!!

4.5 Stars
Profile Image for Jayce Grayson.
Author 3 books29 followers
February 20, 2014
Rene stopped just short of where I hoped she was going with this one, but that only indicates how much more of a perv I am than she is. Nevertheless, this is one of the hottest books I've ever read! It should be noted, however, that this isn't just a scivvy-scorching erotic romp--EXPOSED AFFECTIONS is a real story with a captivating drama which will hook you and reel you in until you discover that you really do care what happens to these characters next. I loved every second of it, and I'd give it SIX stars if I could! Kudos to Rene for boldly presenting us with an unapologetic alternative lifestyle. More of this is needed. Now where are my pants?
Profile Image for Andrea Rossi.
23 reviews1 follower
May 26, 2014
This book is #2 of 2 in the Cornerstone series. Let me just tell you that I couldn't get enough of the characters in this book. I was so jealous of Juliana Peterson...she got to be with gorgeous twin brothers!

The book was well written & kept me wanting more. I cared about the characters and truly felt like I was part of the story....It was a hot story but not raunchy. Nothing makes me put down an erotica book faster than crude language that is not used in everyday relationships. But none of that here... the language was appropriate and the action was hot! I couldn't figure out which brother I'd rather be with....Aiden or Coda? Hmmmmm.....do I have to choose?

Profile Image for Rebecca Johnson Dye.
89 reviews17 followers
March 24, 2014
OMG! Rene has done it again! taken me on a journey with her story of Julia, Aiden & Coda. We start immediately in Book 2 where we left off in Book 1. From the moment Julia gives a nervous look to Aiden, it was a "Fasten your seat belt, we fixing to go on a wild ride" and it didn't stop all the way through! I went from totally Oh YAY!! Stone Taco to Tissue box crying! I can't wait to see what my favorite author has up her lil sleeves for her next story. 1 thing I can guarantee though it will be a " Fasten your Seat Belt" ride.
Profile Image for Ashley Garland.
56 reviews2 followers
March 9, 2014
Holy hell this was a hot read. Exposed Affections picks up exactly where we left off in Shuttered Affections where Aiden and Coda have their hand on Julia's leg and she is frozen in place not knowing what to do. In this one she has to figure out what she is going to do with the two hot pieces of meat in her life. Everything is going perfect until her ex boyfriend turns up and destroys everything. She has to try and survive him and pick up the damaged pieces of her life. OMG this was hot hot hot. I absolutely love Aiden and Coda. Really hope there is more.
Profile Image for Laurel Johnson.
341 reviews8 followers
March 9, 2014
Rene Folsom has done it again!! I fell in love with Aiden and Coda, the Stone twins in the first book (who wouldn't love these two hot men) and Julia.
The book picks up right where book 1 left off with Julia wondering what was going on with these two men. It's a story of a love triangle that is so moving. Julia goes through so much with her ex. The twins are there for her every step of the way. To see the love and care the 3 have for each other is so sweet. There is HOT sex scenes but the love and respect is always present. I cried with them and laughed with them. The story is brilliant!
Profile Image for Nelta.
510 reviews6 followers
March 7, 2014
"Twin"fastic!
Oh my....oh my....I think I'm still blushing, fanning myself....
Rene Folsom continues her story of Juliana and the Stone twins in "Exposed Affections", answering the questions left in Book 1 and giving us more of the "hot" interactions between Julia, Aiden and Coda. I'll not be able to look at a taco the same EVER! The verdict is still out on how this one ended.....hmmmmm...
Another fab cover!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 74 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.