Start by marking “The Graveyard Book, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The Graveyard Book, Volume 1

The Graveyard Book, Volume 1

(The Graveyard Book #1)

The first volume of a glorious two-volume, four-color graphic novel adaptation of Neil Gaiman's #1 New York Times bestselling and Newbery Medal-winning novel The Graveyard Book, adapted by P. Craig Russell and illustrated by an extraordinary team of renowned artists.

Inventive, chilling, and filled with wonder, Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book reaches new heights in this st
Published July 29th 2014 by HarperCollins (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Graveyard Book, Volume 1, please sign up.
Jim Erekson Agreed! In the original novel, I did not picture the standard Bela Lugosi in a cape at all.

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
OH MAN. I loved this so much! I read it in one sitting. I love the fact that several artists contributed to this book! It made for an interesting graphic novel full of beautiful artwork.
Adam Silvera
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
So good. I bought Volume 2 before I was even finished with this one. Excited to go back one day and read the actual novel. This is my favorite Neil Gaiman story! And I believe there's a Coraline graphic novel out there as well by the same team I want to check out. Starting Volume 2 tomorrow!
Maria Clara
3/5. En sí me ha gustado, pero también reconozco que me faltó algo.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really great companion for the original novel. I especially loved the depiction of Silas.
Calista
The book by Neil Gaiman is one of my top 10 all time favorite books. There is nothing like it out there. Unique and fresh and gothic. Now, it has been adapted into a graphic novel. What I like about this, is I can read it in much shorter time and enjoy it. A few details had already begun to fade from my mind and now they are back.

Bod is an orphan taken in by residents of a graveyard. He has their protection as well. Silas is his guardian and he is a Vampire. Bod is short for Nobody Owens. He is
Ecmel Soylu
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
mükemmeldi ❤ kitabı okuduysanız alın mutlaka. çok özlemişim :')
Kristijan
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Po spisku pročitanih knjiga lako je zaključiti da sam ljubitelj Gaimanovih dela... Sada sam malo počeo da istražujem i njegove grafičke novele.
Priča o groblju me je oduševila kao roman, a ova grafička verzija je samo pojačala moje oduševljenje.
Ono što je svakako najjači adut ove grafičke novele jeste to što je svako poglavlje radio drugi ilustrator. Postoje dakle, razlike u vizuelnom aspektu, ali one nikako ne smetaju - čak je interesantno upoređivati likovna rešenja glavnih likova i samog setti
Kayla Dawn
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
4,5* - I absolutely loved this! Both the art and the story were so entertaining and the atmosphere was perfect.

I'm really looking forward to part 2. I already ordered it lol.
Fa Orozco
Terminé mi libro en un aeropuerto y decidí descargar este volumen en mi kindle, para pasar el rato pues ya había leído la novela. disfruté mucho de las ilustraciones, el juego de foreshadowing que realizan con algunos personajes y demás.

Cuenta la historia de manera precisa y entretenida, algo oscuro en los momentos que debe serlo. Hay pedazos del texto original que no aparecen, aún así es una lectura muy recomendable. en mi opinión personajes como Silas y la Dama Gris lucen increíbles en estas i
Irmak
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Çizimlere bayıldım. Kitap çok güzel yansıtılmış bana göre. Kitabı da baya unutmuşum onu fark ettim, iyi oldu hatırlattı kendisini :')
Devamı bir an önce çıksın :')
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much like The Graveyard Book, the graphic novel is told through vignettes of Nobody Owens' life.

Sometimes the characters were beautiful, sometimes ugly and sometimes very "meh" in appearance. The thing is, I could be talking about the same person. Each vignette had a different artist , which was slightly disconcerting. As soon as I get used to one portrayal of a character - we'd be on to the next artist. I like consistency. A few times the characters appeared so differently that I needed contex
Melki
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melki by: Lynn Bruner
It takes a village graveyard to raise a child.

A little live boy is taught the ways of the world by the spectral residents of a cemetery.

I've not read Gaiman's original book, but I really enjoyed this graphic adaptation of the story. Can't wait to start volume II.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I thought this graphic novel was awesome! I loved the fact that Bod (Nobody Owens) lived in the graveyard!

Through some unfortunate events his family were killed, but he had wandered off to the graveyard before he could be killed. He was still just a toddler. The ghosts from the graveyard and Silas, whom I'm assuming is a vampire, take him in and raise him! :) I totally love it!

The graphics were awesome! Bod got into some hairy situations but always got out o
Lauren
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED every single page in this graphic novel adaptation of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It's like holding magic in your hands!

P. Craig Russell has managed to perfectly capture Gaiman's story in this illustrated form and reunites the reader once again with Nobody Owens (aka Bod), his mysterious guardian, Silas, the equally mysterious Miss Lupescu and the witch, Liza Hempstock (who may be related to Lettie from The Ocean at the End of the Lane).

This graphic novel ticks all of
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
Saw this on the shelf at the local library and just picked it up. It looked like the perfect little read for in between and the change of weather.

This is an adaptation by P. Craig Russell of Neil Gaiman’s award winning novel ‘The Graveyard Book’. It contains chapter one through the interlude. Volume two includes chapter six through the end.

Though the concept seemed a bit strange at first, I enjoyed Nobody Owens character and his little adventures around the graveyard. His primary care taker Si
Geo Kwnstantinou
τι όμορφη μεταφορά του βιβλίου σε graphic novel!! μου άρεσε το σκίτσο..και που είχε διαφορετικούς καλλιτέχνες μέσα!! ευτυχώς αγόρασα κ το volume 2 μαζί και το ξεκίνησα άμεσα!
Sam Quixote
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
One night, a man murders a family with a knife, except for a toddler who manages to escape to a nearby graveyard. There, he is kept safe, named Bod (short for Nobody) and raised by an Addams Family assortment of ghosts, vampires, and werewolves. The story follows his adventures as a 10 year old exploring the graveyard and its curious inhabitants as he learns Important Life Lessons.

I like Neil Gaiman’s comics and short stories but I’ve never really enjoyed his novels in the way a lot of other rea
Vladan
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantasticna graficka novela!

Izuzetna prica i pored Nikaddodjije i Okeana na kraju puteljka, meni najbolja Neil Gaiman-ova knjigu (o groblju).

Svako poglavlje je ilostrovano od strane drugog umetnika, a stilovi odstupaju minimalno i ta raznolikost nimalo ne smeta u citanju. Za razliku od Sendmena ovde mi je crtez fantastocno legao i ide u rasponu od dobrog ka jos boljem.

Do pre par dana nisam ni znao za postojanje ove graficke novele, a sada mi je u samom vrhu top 10.
Steph Sinclair
The artwork is breathtaking and I just couldn't look away from it. What's even cooler is that a different artist illustrates for each new chapter. Highly recommended, especially if you are a fan of the original book.

Nicolo Yu
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I haven't had the chance to read The Graveyard Book in its original form and I was happy enough to have read it in the graphic novel adaptation first. The story, an orphaned boy raised in the unlikeliest of communities, is Neil Gaiman at the height of his powers. The story is dark, cold, warm and tender all at the same time. Truly, only a writer with talent such as Gaiman's could have accomplished thus.

P. Craig Russell is one of the few talents able to work with Gaiman and turn his script into b
AleJandra
DNF %17
Neil Gaiman y yo nada mas no conectamos.
Amina
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't really into the art, but all in all it is great to go through this book again!
Montse Reyor Black
¡Qué belleza! He de decirles que este libro se ha convertido en uno de mis favoritos. No sólo la historia es maravillosa, la edición de la novela gráfica es fantástica. Tengo tanto que contarles, que no sé ni por dónde empezar. Vayamos primero por lo físico…
Esta novela gráfica está basada en el libro homónimo de Neil Gaiman. Para hacerla, se juntaron diversos artistas reconocidos, quienes dieron vida a los primeros seis capítulos de este primer tomo (hay otro tomo de la novela gráfica). Aunque c
Melissa Chung
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so nice to re-read this book in graphic novel form. Loved being able to see the illustrations while the story unfolded. I read this book a few years ago and was surprised while reading this graphic novel that I remembered so little of it the first time around. 4 stars for being a good story and for the illustrations.

The Graveyard Book is about a boy named Bod (Nobody) Owens. When we first meet our protagonist he is a toddler who wanders into the graveyard. He was at the right place at the
Murat S. Dural
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bir Neil Gaiman romanı bu kadar iyi uyarlanabilir. Üstelik henüz sadece birinci cilt yayınlandı. İkinci cilt için güzel haberler geliyor. Başta P. Craig Russell'ın emeği, çizimleri ve diğer çizerlerle müthiş özgün bir çalışma. İthaki Yayınları'ndan Tuğçe Nida Sevin'in yayına hazırladığı, Alican Saygı Ortanca'nın çevirdiği, düzeltilerini Ömer Ezer'in, kapağını Şükrü Karakoç'un yaptığı kitap çizgi roman severler için evdeki kütüphanelerin en güzel rafında yerini almalı. Diyaloglarıçok başarılı, ku ...more
Tilly Booth
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been wanting to read The Graveyard Book for so long and when I saw the graphic novel edition I basically screamed. It was beautiful. I didn't even think twice before I bundled it up in my arms and proceeded to hand over money I shouldn't be spending.

It was just as I imagined it would be. Perfect. I loved reading this book. The detail, the story line, the dialogue, the characters, it was all easy. It was all entertaining and it kept your attention.

The only reason this book got 4 stars for
Derek
The most amazing thing about this book, besides the writing (of course!) is how every chapter features a different artist. The story is fluid and enjoyable and the changing artwork marks little Bod's change and growth throughout the novel. This is like Jungle Book but for ghosts and ghouls and witches and vampires and werewolves and all else. Fun, intriguing and packed with loads of empathy and relatability. So we'll crafted is the story you don't for one second discount it as being a tall tale. ...more
Manisha
Could the dead BE more dramatic?

This was... I have no words. What a crazy, unexpected, fantastical journey this was. An adventure that would have caused anyone to sit a moment and wonder if life was truly like this. And to think, it all started with a very graphic murder in the beginning.

What a fun ride!
Krista Wright
This is the first graphic novel I've ever read, and also my first anything by Neil Gaiman. It was kind of weird and quirky and I did enjoy it. And I really did enjoy the artwork! But I just didn't feel very invested in the story...I'm not really interested in finding out what happens in the next installment of this. So, three stars.
Ryan Michael
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the novel a few years back and really loved it. This was a great way to reread a favorite and I highly recommend it to those who have or have not read the novel alike. The art is really good and it was fun reliving the story through a different take
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine 7 21 Jun 15, 2017 10:13AM
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula
  • Delilah Dirk and the King's Shilling (Delilah Dirk, #2)
  • The Shadow Hero
  • Monster on the Hill
  • Baltimore, Vol. 2: The Curse Bells
  • Lost in NYC: A Subway Adventure
  • The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • The Shadow Out of Time
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 6: Homecoming
  • Oz: Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
  • The Hidden Doors (Explorer, #3)
  • Into the Woods (BIGFOOT Boy #1)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2
  • Fantasy Sports No. 1
  • Space Dumplins

The Graveyard Book (2 books)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 2