Start by marking “Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)” as Want to Read:
Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)

Five's Betrayal

(Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #9)

In this explosive one-hundred-page prequel companion novella, uncover the truth behind Number Five’s unknown history with the Mogadorians.

This sequel to I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Five’s Legacy finds Number Five entering the ranks of the Mogadorian army. The Mogs have convinced him that they will be the victor in their war for Earth, and Five decides he would rather
Published July 22nd 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Five's Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five's Betrayal

Julia
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Am I the only one who absolutely HATES five? Am I the only one who thinks he should pay for what he did to right? I'm personally excited to find out why Five turned to the Mogadorian's side. I get that he was alone and scared but he had a purpose-to serve Lorien.
Catherine ♡
I'm honestly still not a huge fan of Five, but this makes me hate him a little bit less.
Nancy The book junkie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Honestly even now that i know his back story and that he was a little bit brainwashed by the Mogs i still don't like five.
Hend
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
The kind of stupidity that five has is impossible.
Cherie
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
A more complete saga of Five's story and what lead him to do what he did and why.
★MC's Corner★
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DAYUM!!!
Oh Gawd!!! This is brilliant!!! PHEW!!!

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• I pity Five on what happened to him. I think he’s the unluckiest among the living Garde. He’s so naïve and he’s easily fooled –brainwashed. I understand why Five sided with Mogs, the circumstances are really unfortunate. And its survival of the fittest, he’s going to do –side will evils –what is best for himself. I know he doesn’t think the Mogs are evil, like I said earlier he’s brainwashed. I hope you still have eve
Charisma
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here's the thing, for the past few Files I have read, I have seen snippets of everyone mind at some point. That's the beauty of the Lorien Series, even the actual Novels gives us the minds of all the garde, at some point, yes confusing but it's all wonderful. This world is so concrete at well defined that you can almost see that this is actually real. And part of me does.

Now with Five's betrayal, I know Five has got to live, hence the I am officially one of them now. shit that he is saying, b
Lorre
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first reaction was to rate this story 1 or 2 stars because I despise Five so much. But that wouldn't be fair to the authors who did a great job in creating this charachter.
It's not that Five is evil, just a snively little coward who takes the easy way out and betrays people to serve his own purpose. And how he justifies what he does, bleh, leaves a bad taste in my mouth... so kudos to the authors for writing him so well.
Valentin Soria
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel like Five's just forcing himself to be bad though there's a tint of goodness within him. *sighs*
Diana
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five's Betrayal

That's it???! Pittacus Lore you little shiz!
Five's Betrayal was definitely a teaser for The Revenge of Seven!

SPOILER ALERT!

(view spoiler)
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Can I hit Five?? Seriously, he's so annoying and I'd like to feel sorry for him, but I just can't. He made his decision and it's a stupid one even if he believes it's the only way to survive.
Huda Al-Anbar
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-the-nook
Five's back story does nothing to make me sympathize or hate him per say, yet..
I'll read on and see.
Emma Clement
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Another good one by Pittacus Lore.
Taylor Ryan
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book I am Number Four the Lost Files Five's Betrayal was written by Pittacus Lore. Five's Betrayal places in the genre of fantasy fiction. Five is a young adolescent alien from Lorien. Lorien was a utopian planet far beyond ours, “There was once a place that was beautiful and lush and full of life and natural resources(Lore 1). The neighbouring planet was called Mogadore. Mogadorians grew neglectful of their planet. Mogadore was dying. Mogadorians began a search for new resources. With the s ...more
Sleepless
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, in twenty four hours I'm going to be in New Orleans. However, before that, I'm going to be spending tonight in an airport, something that I'm somewhat concerned about yet also strangely excited (yeah okay, I love airports way too much). I predict I will finish at least two books.

Anyway, on to this book. I didn't expect to like it so much! During camp, I wasn't in the mood to read new books (cause dang, everything was new to me) and so I found myself rereading I am Number Four. It still ho
Viktoria Van der bilt
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019reads
Christina
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five's Betrayal documents Five's journey in becoming Setrakus Ra's right hand man. Five's story is very intriguing. Unlike his fellow Garde, he was brought up in tough circumstances, making him feel different and more purposeful in life. His road to joining the Mogs army comes at a price, one he will come to regret. I liked this novella the best so far because I was able to better understand Five and his choices.
Maha
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Books from the bad guy's perspective are better than the good guy's in this series. Well written as you can see the reasoning behind Five's thinking -however stupid it is. However it does make sense because at that age being surrounded and constantly being told one thing, of course he'd believe all that he's been told. Five is stupid and impressionable but needs to look out for himself.
Sean Harding
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
The Ninth book in the lost files and the title clearly spells out the plot here, is the hope for Mr Five well I guess you could read it and find out, somewhat interesting but still feels like the poor old cow is getting thoroughly milked here and could run dry at any point!
Katy
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't stand Five. He is so immature, naive, blind, self-centered, and flawed. I guess that's the point. Makes him a good bad guy, since he is so easy to dislike.
Tia
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Final Rating: 3 Stars
Dominique
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Went a different direction than I was expecting. Still don't like Five, but more of his background was great
Yolanda Lamas
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can't stop now!
MJ
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Robyn
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
What a selfish, whiny, coward. Five makes me angry. I’m interested to see where this series goes with his character. I hope the garde greatly humble him
Dawn
We know where Five came from now and know he has chosen to side against the Loriens of his home planet in order to rise in power. This book leads up to the Fall of Five with his training and the choices he makes to win the favor of the Magadorian leader Setrakus Ra.
Brittany
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't like five. He is a shit head.
Rosalynn Maahs Daigle
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
love getting the other side of 5s story
Kim Tim
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books of The Lost Files. Everyone seems to hate Five or at least most people. It was awful what he's done in the Fall of Five, I loved Eight so much and hated Five at the time but he didn't mean to do it. It's kind of Nine's fault a little because even if he couldn't move he still didn't shut up. I think it's kind of Rey's fault mostly why he betrayed the Loric. Sure, Five didn't do the training and stuff when he should have to but it all started with Rey. He didn't started to tr ...more
Jackie
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
even though i love this series and keep coming back for more, i really hate the bad guys. it seems like things are always going their way. you kinda have a feeling that when this series ends that the loric will overcome. but you can't help but think it's impossible because there are a handful of teenage lorics with big egos and no leader/cepan to guide them (since pittacus decided to kill every last one of them off) will win against thousands upon thousands of mogs (apparently you can reproduce ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Other Worlds
  • What Mario Scietto Says (Monument 14, #2.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Donor (Starters, #1.75)
  • The Far Dawn (The Atlanteans, #3)
  • The Most Precious Memory
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • The Sign of the Jaguar (Corpus, #1.5)
  • The MirrorWorld Anthology
  • Gunner Skale (The Mortality Doctrine, #0.5)
  • Stolen (Taken, #0.5)
  • Highland Secrets (Highland, #2)
  • The Testing Guide (The Testing, #0.5)
  • The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)
  • Summer Wishes (Desire, #1.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
Pittacus Lore is Lorien’s ruling Elder. He has been on Earth preparing for the war that will decide Earth’s fate. His whereabouts are unknown.

Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)
  • Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #2)
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • The Search for Sam (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4)
  • The Last Days of Lorien (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Five's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7)
  • Return to Paradise (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #8)
  • The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)
  • The Navigator (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #11)
“The best kind of prisoner is one who doesn’t even know he’s in prison.” 4 likes
“I watch Ethan try to connect the dots in his head, And suddenly his face falls into a sad smile.

"Oh," he says. And that's all.

I walk over to him, my bare feet sinking into the sand as I trudge along. He's grinning at me now, but it's not the usual plastered-on smile he usually has. This one is somehow more authentic.

When I'm within a few feet of him, he holds his arms out.

"You're going to be such a good leader," he says. "I'm so proud of you, Five."

I embrace Ethan. His arms fold around me as he pats me on the back. He lets out a long, slow sigh and then starts to say something. I cut him off before he can get the words out. I can't stand to hear him say another thing.

"Ethan, I'm really sorry about this. But it's for the best."

I can feel his body clench as the blade slips out of my forearm sheath and into his back. It slides between his ribs-a lucky shot- then retracts back into my hoodie sleeve. It's over in an instant. I step away from him. He stands frozen, probably in shock. There's a deep spot of read blooming across the right side of his chest where the blade must have broken the skin. Blood drops down from the hidden wrist sheath, running over my right hand before falling from my fingertips to the sand.

"It's over," I murmur, more to myself than to Ethan. He's probably not paying much attention to what I have to say. Tears are welling in his good eye, but I don't know if they're for me or for himself.

He blinks once and then falls to the beach with a soft thud.”
1 likes