Start by marking “G.I. Joe Volume 2: Threat Matrix” as Want to Read:
G.I. Joe Volume 2: Threat Matrix

G.I. Joe Volume 2: Threat Matrix

(G.I. Joe (2013) #2)

The Mad Monk returns and his personal vendetta against Duke will turn all of New York City into an island of terror! Cobra Commander also sets his sights on the city, but Baroness and Destro have schemes of their own... but whose side will that ally them to?
Published February 25th 2014 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about G.I. Joe Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about G.I. Joe Volume 2

Start your review of G.I. Joe Volume 2: Threat Matrix
Robert
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Self contained without ignoring the large universe it exists in.
Anchorpete
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, I rave about GI joe Titles by IDW....... This is getting redundant at this point.

I really want to get all of these stories in order (I read them all out of order, because I get whatever is available from the library).

I know that Flint has his team that was in Cobra Files

Scarlet has her team that was in Special Missions

and then Duke has his team in this book. There is a lot more than that going on, in each of these books, but just like they sp
Stabbing
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: idw-comics
From the inside cover: Originally published as G.I. JOE Volume 3 Issues #6-11.

Continuation and conclusion? of the story started in the first volume as well as a sort origin story for Roadblock and his cousin Heavy Duty. Sill, enjoying this title. More Cobra agents showing up in this one we had Zandar, Zarana, Baroness, Destro, Mad Monk, and Cobra Commander. Scarlett and her team make a few cameo appearances. I also really like the shorts with Marcy Malone, intern of Cobra, they made
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, comics, june-2015
I like the story enough to put it at three stars, but it's tempting to put it at two for how much the art bugs the hell out of me. If I see one more female character posed like her spine is snapping, it'll be too soon. I really want to keep going on this book because Van Lente is putting together something interesting and fun, but it looks like the same artist is carrying along with him, and I've looked at enough blank-eyed women standing tits-front at the reader for no reason to last me awhile.
C
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: yo-joe
I finished this a couple of weeks ago and when I sat down today to update my goodreads, I couldn't remember anything at all about the story until I read the blurb. I think that probably is all I need to say about it at this point.
Noel Rogers
Mar 14, 2019
Dave Collins
May 21, 2018
Benjamin
Duke hides the secret from his past -- which we know from volume 1 -- while the new leader of the Manhattan Cobra cell launches an attack against the Joes -- and everyone else.

One thing I may not have mentioned in my review of the first collection is that Fred Van Lente is very good at pacing and control. Here we have a typical Joe story: they have to stop a bunch of potential dangers. It's, honestly, a story I feel like I've seen in the cartoon show. But Van Lente really nicely move
Jon Schafle
Jun 10, 2014
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee

G.I. Joe (2013) (3 books)
  • G.I. JOE Volume 1: Homefront
  • G.I. Joe (2013-) Vol. 3: Siren's Song (G.I. Joe (2013))