Start by marking “The Mommy Letters” as Want to Read:

A missing girl.

A brokenhearted mom.

A family torn apart.

How will it all end?

Sarah Hartsford arrives home from work to find a letter signed by her daughter. The only problem is that Robin left with her father on a business trip eighteen months ago...and neither returned. Could this letter possibly be from six-year-old missing Robin?

Shawn Caraway, Sarah's ex-husband and their
Published October 26th 2013 by KLG Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mommy Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mommy Letters

Cassie Moffitt
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I hadn't been reading three other books at the time, I would've finished this one in a day or less. It was hard to put down. The character development was great and the plot twists and turns were well-timed; some were subtle and others were a welcome surprise. There was actually more than one plot line and they all came together in a fantastic thread. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read this!
Margaret Madden
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review from BleachHouseLibrary.Blogspot.com

I received a copy of this book from the author, for review purposes.

Sarah Hartsford is barely coping. Her Husband and her youngest daughter disappeared 18 months ago and she is still trying to come to terms with this. Her two teenage daughters need her to be strong, but when a part of you is missing it's not as easy at it seems. While she continues to work and try to hold life together, she is constantly wondering if her husband just ran off with her da
Chris Birdy
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The problem with this book is that the reader just can't put it down. It starts with a heart wrenching scene of Sarah who is trying to cope with the disappearance of her small daughter while maintaining some semblance of order for her older children. Struggling to act normal while she deals with the stress of a town job and a mother with Alzheimer's could cause her to go over the edge. But then the letters start. At that point, she could have given up, but that's when Sarah works with her ex-hus ...more
Marcie
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sarah's young daughter Robin and her husband have disappeared. Did he take Robin, or has something happened to both of them? Sarah has been living with this question for over a year. The police don't have any clues -- it is like they both vanished into thin air.

Sarah tries to cope, one day at a time. She struggles to be a good parent to the two daughters she still has living at home, is active in her job on the town's council, has been actively campaigning to become the new town mayor, and she
Bibash Sapkota
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The novel has promising start, but staggers towards the end and staggers badly. Despite of having an amazing plot, this novel fails to become an amazing novel because of its abrupt and haphazard ending. It could have been a five star novel but author made an unforgivable mistake by not being careful enough. (view spoiler) ...more
Marie Neve
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. I really needed to know what happened and wasn't disappointed when I found out. An enjoyable and emotional read.
Lynda Kelly
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: deleted
Well, this started well but suddenly headed off into the realms of fantasy and I don't do fantasy or stuff that's too farfetched and packed it in at 42%.
There were some dodgy mistakes too. Never sure if this is a mistake with American writers using drug as a past tense of drag. It just sounds retarded but may be "legal" to use there !
At one point Robin was thinking something when Sarah was meant to be which was careless in the extreme then spoonsful was used instead of spoonfuls. There were also
Janice Spina
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Mommy Letters was an intriguing title, and I didn't know what to expect as I read it. This story about a child that has gone missing is a mother's worse nightmare. The author made this reader feel for the protagonist, the mother, when she is going through the torment of finding her child. There are twists and turns in the story that kept me engrossed as I turned each page. The characters are well defined and interesting and varied in temperament and personality.

The mystery continues with a
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At first I thought this was going to be a depressing book: mom of missing child goes steadily downhill/loses her mind. As a mother myself, I wasn’t sure I could take a story that heavy. But Sarah (though not perfect) is a fighter. The story isn’t just about the missing daughter; the author explores ALL of Sarah’s relationships throughout the book, from romantic to those with her children and parents – and even her relationship with her work/career and her boss/rival. As a result, The Mommy Lette ...more
Janice Noonan
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good story with interesting characters. The plot moves forward at a good pace. It was nice that the reader didn't have to wait until near the end of the book for Robin to be returned to her family, leaving only the why to be discovered.
Pat Empson
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think the story is over it draws you in again. Very good read.
Linda
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book. The characters were well defined and easy to relate to. The story was well written although at times seemed to be written by a child.
Janice
Apr 13, 2014 added it
A little far fetched, but enjoyable
Gabby
Dec 26, 2015
Lynn
Nov 23, 2013
The Mystery, Crim...: New Release: THE MOMMY LETTERS 1 9 Nov 04, 2013 12:59PM
Q&A with Anne M. ...: * Anne's Debut Novel Release: THE MOMMY LETTERS 1 7 Oct 29, 2013 01:18PM
Anne M. Carpenter loves writing - but is and was a reader first! Whether penning short stories (which she loves!) or frantically pounding out the story line for longer fiction, she writes with an eye on what she loves: a little suspense, a little irony, humor at times, a twist to keep the heart pounding and above all else, characters real enough to jump off the page.

Facebook: facebook.com/annemcar