Start by marking “An Uncertain Faith” as Want to Read:
An Uncertain Faith

An Uncertain Faith

Be careful what you wish for.

Charlotte used to yearn for the life she had before the responsibilities of marriage and motherhood. That was until the day she came home to find her husband and son missing.

Did they leave her, or is there a more dire explanation?

Either answer is terrifying.

Now, Charlotte must decide if she wants to continue to merely daydream about a better f
Published October 21st 2013 by Trafford Publishing

To ask other readers questions about An Uncertain Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Uncertain Faith

Start your review of An Uncertain Faith
Maria
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Characters: The main character is Charlotte, told in her point of view, wife to a man starting his own business and mother to a 4 year old boy. Charlotte is your average, dutiful wife and mother but in the beginning of the book her husband seems distracted by his work all of the time, as business owners usually are. He does, however, start to neglect his wife and son by attaching himself to his phone and computer. Other characters
Celeste
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic!! I stayed up all night reading it. What this poor family went through, but it shows us when we think things are going astray, they can actually be coming together. Uncertain faith is definitely the right name for this book. How she had faith at all is a good question. Allie did a great job writing this book is so intriguing. Your family and friends that supported you were right. This book is one of so much suspense, you just can't put it down. It is a mother worst nightm ...more
Lucy Mitchell
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gina
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Edited poorly- hyphenated words on every page where there was no need for the hyphenations!
(This really made it hard for me to finish the book.)
I had been waiting about 2 yrs. to read this book. When I couldn't find it at several libraries I visit regularly, I decided to buy it. The description sounded great, and I though it would be something that I'd enjoy reading.
Even though the book started out o.k., it felt like a "rush job" for the author to finish writing the book.
The last few chapters w
Pat Eroh
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is quite a mystery trying to find out what happened to her husband and son. I cannot even imagine wishing my family gone but I do understand about the remote! So lots of twists to keep me guessing, lots of action, and a novel that is just perfect pacing. I love the storyline and the author is very talented having the skill to write this in such a compelling manner. I would love to see more by this author.

Jeanne Richardson
This is the 1st book I've read written by Allie Potts; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Daiana
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

* I received this book from GoodReads First Reads Giveaway*
Great thriller book the author has written! It was very captivating and it definitely caught my attention. The synopsis and first chapter caught me right in and I had finished reading this book in one sitting without stopping. The author has the power to keep me from setting it aside and reading it later. I could not do that and I had to keep on reading to find out. She describes the characters so descriptively and makes the plot so su
Patty Copeland
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
When her husband Fletcher and four-year-old son disappear, Charlotte finds clues that show Fletcher may have left her and been planning more than that. Or, is something more sinister going on? Charlotte pulls herself from the quagmire of her former frustration and current situation to try asserting her own personality and courage, taking charge of her life as her faith in her husband is thoroughly tested. The novella plotting is very strong and keeps you guessing. A talented new writer who will ...more
SM
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joannes Rhino
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As an author who writes about thriller, this mystery novel by Allie Potts caught my eyes since the very beginning. I loved the way the author built the plot. The main character, her emotions while doing investigation, seems so real. For a minute, I even felt like I was walking side by side with Charlotte in a scene. Thumbs up for the author for doing a great job in describing things!
October
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lori
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Simple but full of twists.

Simply written. Not the best use of language. And a little rough around the edges. But, the story line grabbed me right away and kept me interested all the way through. A bit more refinement of writing style, and it's a hit.
Bea
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This would be 2½ stars. The story was pretty good until the last few chapters, but the writing is pure chic lit. Even good writing couldn't save the corny ending.
Dana Smith
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down! I love that loyalty pays off! Things aren't always what they appear to be!
Jessica
I found this book hard to get into for the first few chapters but after a while I couldn't put the book down cause it finally caught me. So make sure you give this book a chance.
Liz Gatt
GENEVIEVE HAYES
Jan 26, 2016
Jen Smindak
Mar 09, 2016
Allie Potts, born in Rochester Minnesota was moved to North Carolina at a very early age by parents eager to escape to a more forgiving climate. She has since continued to call North Carolina home, settling in Raleigh, halfway between the mountains and the sea, in 1998.

When not finding ways to squeeze in 72 hours into a 24 day or chasing after children determined to turn her hair gray before its t

News & Interviews