Start by marking “Mister Rogers: A Biography of the Wonderful Life of Fred Rogers” as Want to Read:
Mister Rogers: A Biography of the Wonderful Life of Fred Rogers

Mister Rogers: A Biography of the Wonderful Life of Fred Rogers

At its peak, over 8% of every household in America was tuned into "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood." Mister Rogers wholesome message inspired millions of kids to do better.

Millions knew the TV personality, but few knew the man behind the cardigan. This book gives a glimpse into what inspired the man who captivated so many viewers.

LifeCaps is an imprint of BookCaps Study
Published 2013 by LifeCaps

To ask other readers questions about Mister Rogers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mister Rogers

Start your review of Mister Rogers: A Biography of the Wonderful Life of Fred Rogers
Emily Wrona
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is like a child's book report. Only giving it 2 stars because I did learn some factoids about my beloved Mr. Rogers!
Dru
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfic-biography
A quick read (100 pages in large type)...very touching and with some great material not just about Fred Rogers himself but also about the show. For example, there was a nice section on the geography of The Land of Make Believe. I had no idea!

But taking a LOT away from the good content was the actual writing. Most distracting was the overuse of adverbs. In order as I encountered them:

Hugely Involved
Exceedingly Simple
Hugely
Annika
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It moves and reads like a high school level research paper. It's okay for very basic facts but no emotion. I get the feeling it belongs in a school library.

I did learn a few new things, like Mr Rogers mother hand knitting all of his sweaters. I see a rise in the interest of Mr Rogers and new fans, due to the new movie and the ongoing popularity of Daniel Tiger.
Brenda
This book is a quick read, only 100 pages. The writing is more like a report than a book. Also his birthday is incorrect. It says he was born March 28th when it is actually March 20th. Wonder how many other errors there are.
Dena Pedersen
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! I felt like I spent 2 days with Mr Rogers. I couldnt put it down. Shes a wonderful author. Very poetic in her style. I plan to read this again. I would recommend taking your time and write down the things that stand out to you. So much good stuff to take in
brittany purnell
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good not big on bio but this one was good and to find out about him that i did not know is also amazing.
Michelle Norton
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a neat man! This has really encouraged me in my parenting and given me a new sense of patience!
Jacqueline Muehlstein
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spiritual biography.
Jenny's Book Life
Sep 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own-it
*** 5 Stars = An enduring classic to be read by all; 4 Stars = I LOVE IT! You gotta read it!; 3 Stars = A great book for a specific interest/type of reader/very casual read; 1 or 2 Stars = no comment***

Final Review for "Mister Rogers: A Biography of the Wonderful Life of Fred Rogers" by Jennifer Warner (Given 1 Star Rating)

I am a forever fan of Mr. Rogers. There are only a few biographies written about him and I have purchased three. This one is small, only a little over 100 pages. It's poorly
Amee
Nov 16, 2019
Linda Haney
Mar 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor
  • Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Modern World
  • Little Voices
  • The Benefits of Being an Octopus
  • Tinaca Jones
  • The Half Life
  • Auf zerbrochenem Glas (Ein Nik-Pohl-Thriller 1)
  • The Man God Has For You: 7 Traits To Help You Determine Your Life Partner
  • Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health
  • Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24)
  • Maangchi's Real Korean Cooking: Authentic Dishes for the Home Cook
  • An Heirloom Christmas: A Small-Town Christmas Romance Novel
  • Wisdom from Women in the Bible: Giants of the Faith Speak into Our Lives (Giants of the Bible)
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
  • The Shadows We Hide (Joe Talbert, #2)
  • Closer to God Each Day: 365 Devotions for Everyday Living