Start by marking “A Place Between Breaths” as Want to Read:
A Place Between Breaths

A Place Between Breaths

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When FBI Agent Rachel Mueller flies to Mexico’s Copper Canyon to recover the body of a missing American college student, she's partnered with Mexican federal agent Marius Suarez, a man she knew and loved years ago when he used an alias and worked undercover for the DEA.
Working together while trying to sort out their troubled past, Rachel and Marius discover evidence of mo
Mass Market Paperback, 306 pages
Published November 26th 2013 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about A Place Between Breaths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Place Between Breaths

Krista Wagner
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first novel by Jennifer Froelich, and it won't be my last! This is a compelling story with an intricate plot, plausible situations, and well-crafted characters. The story is written with intelligence and intriguing detail. I certainly didn't look forward to taking breaths as each plot point continued to keep my interest and reveal yet another complication. The one caveat I must mention was the traveling between past and present--this got a bit confusing especially as these moments covered sev ...more
Christy
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must-read thriller! The chilling first line will drag you into this intelligent and creative new suspense novel and won’t let you go until the very end. Sacrifices, both good and evil, and the hope of second chances propel this exciting book through the beautiful and unforgiving Copper Canyon, as two FBI agents race against time and come face to face with pure evil and the truth of what love will do. Page after page will have you holding your breath in anticipation of what will come next. No m ...more
Jane
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Froelich’s style is clear and concise. She incorperates real historical events with actual geographic locations, winding a page turning thriller through canyons in Mexico up into the southern Unted Staes and mid-west. I was hooked from the first page.
Tara
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING. I loved the characters, the storyline, EVERYTHING. I look forward to more books by this amazing author!
Lisa Brown
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
While Historical Fiction is my favourite genre, Crime/Mystery is my #2 and this is the best I have read in a long while. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jennifer Froelich's writing style is fantastic. She is concisely descriptive and doesn't waste a single word. She has done a tremendous amount of research and has brought it to life in such an entertaining and clever way.

The characters are well developed and she weaves a fantastic tension into the romance that makes it difficult to put down. The romance
Lauren
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-library
Descriptive, suspenseful, and gripping...Jennifer has really outdone herself with this book! The immense detail in every sentence allows you to hang on to the scenes with a vivid grip. Her knowledge of Aztec tradition combined with the subtle nuances of romance and the truths of the life of an agent make for a real but wonderfully immersive story that any reader can sink their imaginations into. I loved it!
Ann
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. It was a good blend of suspense, with a good plot and well-defined characters, and just that nice bit of romance that I love in a good book. It was really hard to put down to go to work!
Karen
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. I love reading books that take place in AZ.
Barbara Froelich
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a page-turner and was well-researched. This author is the best!
Holly Wagner
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A must read if you enjoy suspense novels. It will keep you on the edge of your seat right up until the end.
S.M. Ford
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Wow, this book was so hard to put down! It had many twists and turns as FBI agent Rachel follows up clues to a serial killer. Tension rises when she has to work with Marius, her first love. The book takes us from Arizona to Mexico and back again several times and deals with a variety of cultures. The author obviously did a lot of research to make all the details fit together so well.
Bailey
Jan 27, 2014
Melissa Furnace
is currently reading it
Apr 07, 2014
Jul 07, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Brenna
Jun 29, 2015
Erica Canup
Jul 21, 2015
Jennifer Froelich's latest novel, STEALING LIBERTY, will be available June 13, 2017. Reviewers praised her debut novel, Dream of Me, as "well-orchestrated with outstanding imagery." Her second novel, A Place Between Breaths, was called "a roller-coaster ride with enough twists and turns to keep everyone interested" and awarded an Honorable Mention in Writer's Digest's 23rd Annual Self Published Bo ...more
More about Jennifer Froelich