Start by marking “Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by Brownstein, David (2002) Paperback” as Want to Read:
Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by Brownstein, David (2002) Paperback

Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by Brownstein, David (2002) Paperback

Dr. Brownstein will show you why there is so much misinformation about thyroid disorders. This book comtains all new information on how to implement a safe and effective natural regiment to treat thyroid disorders including: Graves' disease, Hashimoto's disease, and hypothyroidism. This book contains two new chapters which provide the latest information on how to holistica ...more
Published December 7th 2009 by Medical Alternatives Press, Inc. (first published April 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by Brownstein, David (2002) Paperback

anne
Dec 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Written on a very basic level. But, that's okay. I don't want to be able to speak fluent thyroid-ese, I just want to help aim people in the right direction. I'm excited for day #2 of my next menstrual cycle so I can start taking my basal body temp and figure out what's up with my tired little thyroid. Good times!
Michelle Johnson
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: helpful
It was VERY repetitive. Some good info. But it could have been summarized in a blog article and saved me the $20 I paid for it. Okay, harsh. I didnt learn much new info, but someone new to a healthy lifestyle might learn a lot.
Gina Briganti
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dr. Brownstein's perspective of blending the best of conventional and holistic medicine shines through in this book. I took seven pages of notes, and the book is now on my reference shelf.

It was kismet that I found this book for the bargain price of $1 at my Friend's of the Library sale. I hadn't heard of Brownstein before that.

My experience with helping clients to balance their thyroid glands was well supported by Brownstein's experience. As an example, Brownstein is clear about the benefits o
Sandra
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone with thyroid issues
A comprehensive book for understanding thyroid disfunction covering Grave's, Hashimoto's, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Hypothyroidism. There is a lot of information in this book and it is presented in a fashion that is easily understood. Dr. Brownstein presents helpful information on understanding the testing for thyroid disorders and basic information on treatment using the functional medicine approach.

What I liked: Easy to digest information from the perspective of functional medicine, so
Sydney Walker
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Helped me better understand Hashimoto's and to know what kinds of questions to ask. I have now read it again, and I know that most western medical doctors aren't looking at the whole problem, just giving a pill to make the problem go away. I was told by one doctor that I needed to stop reading because he was the authority. Needless to say, I didn't go back and have since found a doctor that has me on Amour. Thank you Dr. Brownstein for writing this book!
Heather
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Useful information, but rather repetitive at times. Some significant effort has been given to layout to make the book look bigger. Every chapter is introduced with a page that has just the chapter number and title, and then the back side is blank, and then the following page begins the text on the bottom half of the page. So 2 1/2 pages per chapter of blank space in introducing the chapter. At 14 chapters, that's over 30 pages added because they couldn't proceed to the next chapter normally. The ...more
~*~JenJenBoBin
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Stars*****

First of all it was a free book all I had to pay was shipping! Secondly I found myself going "hey that's me" way to often and thinking if I could only find a Dr. like him to help me get better it would be amazing. I have emailed the Author in hopes that he can put me in touch with someone in my area that accepts my insurance. If I was wealthy I wouldn't hesitate to travel to Bloomfield, MI to see him in person. He gets "it"!!!
Kathi
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brownstein is a physician and Medical Director for the Center for Holistic Medicine in Bloomfield, MI. This book is a great beginner reference book for individuals with thyroid disorders. Brownstein discusses the various possible relationships between thyroid functioning and chronic pain, fibromyalgia, hashimoto's disease, and graves' disease. He describes gluten interaction and thyroid.
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: y
The book contains a lot of good information and explanations. What makes the book better are all the patient stories of their experiences. If it wasn't for the patient stories then I would have put it away without finishing. Glad I purchased it and read it through.
Lisa
Dec 02, 2010 added it
Another interesting read...
Emily
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So informative. Even if you don't have a thyroid issue, this book is worth a read. It's very helpful on how to improve your health for everyday living.
Lacey
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I did learn a lot about thyroid function. Some of the book was redundant, but overall it was educational.
LuAnn
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent resource, filled with more information than I've ever gotten from my doctors about how to improve my health through balancing my thyroid.
Jennifer Houlihan
Oct 06, 2015
Beth Manautou
Jul 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• How Can I Get Better?: An Action Plan for Treating Resistant Lyme & Chronic Disease
  • The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food
  • The Untold Story of Milk: Green Pastures, Contented Cows and Raw Dairy Products
  • Food and Healing: How What You Eat Determines Your Health, Your Well-Being, and the Quality of Your Life
  • The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids: Simple Strategies for Lasting Health and Fitness
  • Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests Are Normal: A Revolutionary Breakthrough In Understanding Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism
  • The EFT Manual
  • Guinea Pig Scientists: Bold Self-Experimenters in Science and Medicine
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • Doctor Yourself: Natural Healing That Works
  • Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
  • The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques  Know-How
  • Genetic Roulette: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods
  • Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause
  • Gone in a Heartbeat: A Physician's Search for True Healing
  • Being You, Changing the World
  • Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
  • How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better