Start by marking “The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)

The Last Guardian Rises

(The Last Keeper's Daughter #2)

Lily Ayres, Sanguis Ancilla to Krieger Barnes, has retreated into the shadows of the archives, hiding from the king and the intense emotions he arouses in her. How long can she deny him? Will she accept her role in the Other world and the abilities arising within her?

Krieger Barnes, Vampire King of North America, has shared his blood with Lily, his kingdom, and his heart.
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 300 pages
Published April 13th 2015 (first published November 15th 2014)

Slytherin Rose
Genre: Paranormal/Vampire
Author: Rebecca Trogner
Book: The Last Guardian Rises
My Star Rating: 5 out of 5
Will I read I read it again? Yes
Intro: The Last Guardian Rises begins just months after The Last Keeper's Daughter.

Krieger Barne
Just another reader
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book of a series, following The Last Keeper's Daughter. Looking at the reviews of the first one showed me that the series has garnered a fan following of its own. Having not read the first instalment, I was not sure if I would find it easy to relate with the characters in this one. But the author has adopted a crisp and clear narrative style that makes the book a good stand-alone tale. Although th
Ramona Plant
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great continuation of the first part.

Other than that this book is fantastic !!!! The plot is complicated but well developed. Rebecca tightens her web around you in this second part. The pace is fantastic leaving nothing to be desired. There are a couple of twists in this book that are really well done and were really not predictable. Slowly but surely you get a clue on what is to be unfolded for you.

The main characters are extremely well developed. Especially Lily, Krieger and Lucien are
Anna
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review, Lovers of Paranormal.***

The second book was SO good, I'll even have to comment that it might have been better than the first. I was so excited that the long awaited romance FINALLY happened for Lilly. I was surprised at all of the plot twists and the intrigue/horror/excitement that occurred all in this one book.

One of my favorite things that could happen in a book was for me to be surprised...and I was definitely surprised this time aroun
Jenn : Godzilla is King
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review from LoP.

Another 8 star book. This book was just as good as the first and I find myself wanting to go actually see if there is a Vampire King. I've read a lot of vampire books and I like ones with humor and love but I have to say that Krieger fits my opinion of how a vampire should be. I'm hoping that there will be more books in this series as I can't get enough of Krieger.

I thank you so much for letting me read your book and I woul
Alexandra G.
Sep 29, 2017 marked it as no-fucking-chance
No. No. No. No. No!
Why?! Why would you do this?!
There was absolutely NO NEED for a love triangle!
Wendy
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
***I was given a review copy by the author in exchange for my honest opinion.***

In the Last Keeper’s Daughter, Rebecca Trogner introduced Lily Ayers, a strange and fragile you heiress entrusted by her father to the care of ancient vampire, Krieger Barnes, the King of North America. The first human he’s allowed into his court, Lily joins Krieger’s inner circle—composed until then of a witch, a wolf-shifter, and a cursed slayer—as his Sanguis Ancilla. It translates roughly as “blood slave,” a titl
Jennifer Hines
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Fiery Hearts!**

*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

I honestly think this book was better than the first. I lost myself in the pages as the story played out in my mind.

“I love you, but I love him too. Not in the same way, but…”

For all those who read the first book you’ll know what I’m talking about with this kind of quickie update. The secrets of the gates are slowly being learned. The Brotherhood is being found out, and oh my goodness their reach is
Drea Damara
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
“The Last Keeper’s Daughter” by Rebecca Trogner is a genre breaker that seeps into fantasy, humor, romance, adventure, and epic thriller. Lily has always been unique and suffered from severe social disorders at best without medical explanation. The frail young woman receives more than a diagnosis upon the mysterious disappearance of her father Walter. Given shelter and protection, from what she knows not, a man named Krieger takes Lily into his elaborate home where she discovers the world is muc ...more
Carol
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Trogner continues the incredible world-building she began in The Last Keeper's Daughter with this next installment of the series.

Picking up a few months after the end of TLKD, we find the characters dealing with (or avoiding, as the case may be) the mysteries and revelations uncovered in the first book. This world is even more complicated, and crowded and dangerous, than anyone imagined. Questions and intrigue keep the plot moving at a brisk pace. Trogner reveals enough about the mythol
Geneva Handleman
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
As an Independent Reviewer for Paranormal Books and Authors that Rock, I must say this is definitely an author who rocks!

This is book 2 in the series, yet I was not lost at all. There were things that were mentioned which let me know I had missed a part of the story, but the information needed was repeated in a way that didn't seem to interfere with the flow of the story at all.

The characters are interesting and relatable, and the switching between modern world and vampire old school works bet
Trish Hodnett
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Very enjoyable book, just perfect for me, not too heavy, not too light hearted. The Last Guardian Rises definitely left me wanting more, I can't wait to find out what happens to Lily, Krieger, Hunter and all the characters in the book, and I also want to read the first book too.
Wayward Cabbage
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I normally don't do vampires, but it didn't seem like a typical vampire novel. I enjoyed it immensely.
Joy Kamara
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well I just finished the book and I am so mad. It feels like a fricken cliff hanger! WTF. It Jan2016 and not another book. You left me hanging wond.er what happened.
Amy
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
first book was better
Dana
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received this book in exchange for an honest review LoP

The characters are still super intense, but with more substance there it was a little easier to handle or at least understand. I dd find Kreiger to be a bit abusive. grabbing Lily, holding her hands behind her back, even pushing her down. I get that it was because he was just trying to get her to understand the situation, but it didn't come off that way for me. I also found the story choppy, which I believe is because of there being so man
Michelle
I liked the first book better but the last 3 or so chapters hooked me again so on to book 3
Ria
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal). This was a good book, I will admit for about 30-40% of this book it was a hard read. I do believe that was just due to the story being further developed and details being put into place. Character development was solid and world building was very well done. The alternating points of view threw me for a bit of a loop, but once you get used to it, it's a well utilized vehicle for point of views. All in all a good ...more
Linda
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Still good but there is soooo much going on. A lot of it is just randomly dropped in, like 'hey btw this thing you were waiting for to happen well it already happened'. No depth. Still has potential though.
Victoria Cunningham
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Last Guardian Rises

I enjoyed this book more than the first one in the series. There were also less typos! I found myself rooting for two characters. A twist I didn't expect. Good job Rebecca!
Broughps
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Only problem was that it ended in the middle of the story.
Megan C
Nov 27, 2015
Alex
Dec 31, 2015
Panfan
rated it did not like it
May 01, 2017
Bette rivera
Jun 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {575} The Last Guardian Rises COMPLETED 30 96 Mar 02, 2015 02:58PM

• Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Ambrosia (Nectar #2)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy, #2)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Make Me Burn (Isle of the Forgotten, #1)
  • Time Anomaly: A Time Travel Romance (Echo Trilogy, #2)
  • Wayfarer's Keep (The Broken Lands, #3)
  • Seize the Fire
  • Glass Cage
  • Trancing the Tiger (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #1)
  • Blood Moons (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Found
  • A Girl Named Calamity (Alyria #1)
  • Her Bastard Bridegroom (Vawdrey Brothers, #1)
  • Secret Heir (Dynasty, #1)
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • Fiendish: A Twisted Fairytale
  • A Wish Upon Jasmine (La Vie en Roses, #2)
Rebecca Trogner writes romance with a twist of mystery.

Her latest book, Secrets In Our Scars, is a multi-genre romance confection with a handsome alpha and a young woman learning about love for the first time.

Keep up with Rebecca on all her platforms:

Twitter → www.twitter.com/RTrogner
Instagram → www.instagram.com/RTrogner
Website → www.rebeccatrogner.com
Goodreads → https://goo.gl/7vfVsc
Pinterest →

The Last Keeper's Daughter (2 books)
  • The Last Keeper's Daughter (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #1)