Start by marking “Blue Moon Vegetarian: Recipes, Reflections, and Advice for a Plant-Based Diet” as Want to Read:
Blue Moon Vegetarian: Recipes, Reflections, and Advice for a Plant-Based Diet

Blue Moon Vegetarian: Recipes, Reflections, and Advice for a Plant-Based Diet

From the back cover:

Part memoir, part cookbook, and part health-and-nutrition how-to, Blue Moon Vegetarian chronicles Kentucky-born former nurse Paula Marie Coomer as she and her fiancé go vegetarian—and ultimately vegan—while also planning their wedding, adopting a pound hound, and remodeling their two-story Victorian. Writing with honesty, humor, and sometimes despair,
Paperback, 1st., 202 pages
Published November 20th 2013 by Booktrope (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Moon Vegetarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Moon Vegetarian

Start your review of Blue Moon Vegetarian: Recipes, Reflections, and Advice for a Plant-Based Diet
Girl
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
That was an odd one. I'm usually one for memoirs about eating, but this one left me baffled on several occasions.

The author provides some valuable information about the food industry - regarding eating meat and processed foods, for instance - but she never questions the concept that "organic is better", ignoring the fact that there are many decent small producers who cannot afford the "organic" label although their product is, for all intents and purposes, organic.

The diet described in the book
Jen Gilbert
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I see the irony in reading a Vegetarian book while out archery deer hunting, but the book was so enjoyable it appeals to anyone. And it inspired me to try a new kind of seed, remember the days when my dog was destroying things and wondering what on earth I was thinking getting a puppy, and it gave me new ideas to combat ear infections in my 4 year old. The author shares her life and her pain and her learnings with an open heart and feminine wisdom. It was a sweet book full of way more than I exp ...more
Beth Franz
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paula has an easy, flowing writing style that pulls you in and keeps you present. This memoir/cookbook had me both entertained and inspired. And I found the deeply personal sharing of Paula's heart and wisdom as satisfying as the delicious recipes. This book is truly a feast for belly and soul.
Tiffany
Informative, inspirational, engrossing. You know you're a foodie when you discussing food/health and cooking is at the top of your reading list. I loved this book! And I'm not even a vegetarian.
Abby
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, netgalley
I received a free copy generously from NetGalley for an honest review.

I enjoyed the cooking and how the new lifestyle brought her and Phil together. I didn't understand the other drama because it was barely mentioned but enough to feel like an elephant in the room.
I am mostly bummed about Tesla. How impatient they were and how little was done to avoid returning Tesla. Traumatic for the dog. Not very mindful.
It was put together very randomly. I thought it should completely focus on the vegetari
Nicki Conroy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New recipes to try and some stumbling blocks that could be avoided.
Renalda
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For real? This is just another story with a bunch of propaganda stuffed in the pages. It's comical actually. Why doesn't the author write about something people really want to read. I can only assume the author thought they'd be in a category will less competition. Don't waste your time. It's sad the author wasted theirs by writing this piece of garbage.
Wayne
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Vegetarian not vegan

Vegetarian not vegan

Most recipes seem high in calorie density by using nuts, oils, dairy, or eggs. This is better than the standard American diet but not as healthy as it could be.
Luanne
Nov 15, 2014
Margo A. Miller
Apr 09, 2016
Nmpatricia
rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2014
Brenda
Carol J
Nicole Julke
Goodreads Librari...: Unmerge two books 8 220 Feb 23, 2020 05:26AM
Paula Coomer is a poet and writer of both fiction and non-fiction. The daughter of more than two hundred years of Kentucky Appalachian farmers, she lived most of her childhood in the Ohio River town of New Albany, Indiana. Her work has appeared most recently in Raven Chronicles.

Ms. Coomer's books include novels Dove Creek and Jagged Edge of the Sky, Summer of Government Cheese and Somebody Should

News & Interviews