Start by marking “My Secret Summer” as Want to Read:
My Secret Summer

My Secret Summer

Caitlin Conners is a loner; shy and artistic. Her only friend is her sister, Carly. When Carly dies in a car accident, Caitlin has never felt more alone. An overbearing mother makes her life impossible when she meets the boy next door, Dylan Rodgers. Dylan doesn’t fit in with the popular crowd either. He prefers skateboarding to football and is viewed by his fellow ...more
Published October 25th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about My Secret Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Secret Summer

Start your review of My Secret Summer
Tracy Reads
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
gifted to me in exchange for an honest review

I really loved the story it reminded me of when I met my first love. the rush from never wanting to be apart, the nervous fumbling in the dark, sneaking out and praying your ma won't catch ya, that wonderful feeling like you can't breathe if you don't see them, but I was totally disappointed at the end. what happened ? is there going to be part 2? please say there will be more
Melyssa Winchester
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I read a book, I always want to be swept away, whether it be by the romance of it all, or the situations that the characters are put through the idea is, I want to get caught up in them. Theresa did this very thing for me with this book. It wasn't because of the characters per say, what grabbed me up and swept me away, it was more the situation that they face at the beginning of the story.
It is interesting to see the different avenues people will take when faced with a traumatic experience
Twin Opinions
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this read. I really couldn't get enough. I wanted more. Lots more. I was wrapped up in these characters lives. A secret love. I loved every minute of it, but I always love Troutman's work. She has a way of exploring characters thoughts that really bring them to life. I loved the story line of this book too.

The characters were well developed and had an innocent honesty that I loved. This is the kind of read that makes me want to cuddle something and say AW. I really did love this read. I
Crystal
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great coming of age novella. It deals with not only first love, but also the different way people deal with grief. I really liked the characters of Dylan and Caitlin and I hope that there will be a future book with more of their story.

It was a quick read and very enjoyable.
Rebecca Austin
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Caitlin Connor's sister, Carly, is killed in a car accident her life is turned upside down. Her parents, specifically her mom, is afraid of Caitlin doing anything that could result in her dying.

When Caitlin begins hanging out with Dylan Rodgers, she realizes how good it feels to be herself, and not live in her sister's memory. But her mom doesn't want her dating so Caitlin must begin a secret relationship with Dylan.

Although Caitlin hates lying to her parents, she loves what the
Heather andrews
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Caitlin I liked her, "I just want you to know. I'm not embarrassed to be with you. I just feel like if I tell my dad, he'll feel obligated to tell my mom. I just can't deal with it right now. Do you know what I mean?" Dylan I don't think he likes being a secret, "Dylan shrugged. "Better than your mom finding us on your bed making out." Caitlin that girl sometimes can't hold in how she feels she's so honest, and innocent and I liked that, "what are we going to do? I can't stop thinking about it. ...more
Miranda Shanklin
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this book to a very nice read. It grabbed my attention at the beginning and kept it through until the end. I loved the progression of young love and the confusion and uncertainty that often times comes with it.

Caitlin and Dylan's story is one that begins with tragedy and ends with them overcoming many obstacles. It was very realistic in the events and brought to light a lot of conflicts and emotions that most of us never truly think deeply about.

The ending left you wondering just a
A.C. Wilson
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by this YA romance of Dylan and Cait. Cait goes through the most heart-breaking loss at the death of her older sister. As can happen, the parents felt the older sister to be the ideal template for the younger one. Cait is artistic and comfortable being a "misfit" and finds a blossoming attraction to Dylan.

Dylan lives downt he street in her neighborhood and introduces himself to Cait just as her world is exploding. Their friendship soon becomes something more and they both
Stephanie Daley
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome young love story! I found this to be an amazing story that works with tragedy in the family and a daughter that is lost in the middle. it was a wonderful plot of finding friendship in someone you never thought of. It is not overly drawn out and perfect for an older teen, young adult, and adult. I would think pg-13 for some sexual situations but don't pick this up for your 13 year old lol more for 17 and up. It is not R-rated material but they need to make a rating for 17 and ...more
Maria
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Theresa Troutman does it again!!
This book was so sweet!
After caitlin experiences a death in her family she meets Dylan.
this story is their journey of life and love in one summer.
Its about overcoming the grief and finding the beauty in life after death.
It was such a light and easy read, but it definitely leaves you wanting more.
I can't wait to see if Theresa keeps this story going with a second book.
I's love me so more Dylan and caitlin.
Jenn
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. This is not the first book I have read by Theresa Troutman and it definitely won't be the last!!! I absolutely loved it. I fell in love with Theresa's beautiful writing style when I read Life's What You Make It and later Love This Life and London Loves. The writing flows effortlessly with such precision and detail. The characters are filled with emotion that will touch at your heartstrings and leave you wanting more. This is a definite must read!! 5 HUGE STARS!
Sadie
Oct 26, 2014 added it
Shelves: z-dnf
Couldn't get into it. The writing felt choppy, lots of info in the first part, jumping to shove stuff in. The character didn't grab me, and the first exchange with Dylan was....odd. You're lucky you don't have to go back to school and listen to everyone talk about your dead sister? Weird.
Ryan Ringbloom
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love being able to sit down and read a fun love story in one sitting. This book was sweet, cute, romantic and touching. I totally laughed out loud at the pool scene. "Now I'm afraid to look in the water." HA! I loved it!
Tracy Kincaid
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet first love romance. Loved the Southern California trip. It took back home even for a short time. A feel good happy story.
Michael Burhans
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I enjoyed this book. Sad but with redemption. Deals with loss and rebellion very realistically.
Michelle
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this was an ok read..
But... It just ends... I felt like it needed closure.
Will this book be part of a series.. Hopefully a full book..
Jordan
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5
Theresa Troutman
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tina
Jun 07, 2014
Amanda Leigh
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come very soon. Still not sure about the exact rating.
Jana
rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2013
Susan
Apr 25, 2014
Theresa Troutman lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and their crazy dog, Niko. She loves reading, theatre and traveling. Her books include: My Secret Summer, A Special Connection and the Love's Great Adventure Series: Life's What You Make It and Love This Life, London Loves and She Will Be Loved. Her current release is a contemporary erotic second-chance romance called, By My Side.

Feel free to