Start by marking “Texas True (The Tylers of Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Texas True (The Tylers of Texas, #1)

Texas True (The Tylers of Texas #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  342 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
"Big, bold, and sexy, Texas True is Janet Dailey at her best!" --Kat Martin

He's the one who got away.

The cowboy who claimed her heart before taking off on a tour of duty, planning never to return. But Beau Tyler is back, and Natalie Haskell feels defenseless against the powerful pull of the brawny soldier. Especially when she finds herself suddenly widowed and needing the
Published July 29th 2014 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2014)

Marsha Corley
Apr 03, 2015 Marsha Corley rated it liked it
I've read all of Janet Dailey's Calder series and enjoyed them. I've been waiting for her to release a new book for some time so when I found this one at the library, I was excited. I found the book interesting until I got about half way through it. As it seems with many romance writers, when they tend to delve into other genre such as mystery, the book begins to lack credibility. Beau is touted as being this hotshot DEA agent, but when he is questioned by the Sheriff he asks "Do I need a lawyer ...more
Alisha
Aug 02, 2014 Alisha rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and saddened that Janet won't be writing any more.
Darlene Torday
Apr 13, 2015 Darlene Torday rated it it was amazing
I remember reading her first book and when I read this one I did not realize she had died. It saddened me to know she will no longer be writing books I would enjoy reading.

This is one of her best in my opinion. I think the ones set in Texas seemed to be her niche and I really enjoyed this one. She had me guessing until the true killer was revealed. It was a surprise to me as I would not have guess who it was but when revealed I realized it made sense.

Dave M Funderburk
A true Janet Dailey book.

This is on par with her Calder Series of books. I hope and pray she had more written about The Tylers before she passed away. I have every book she ever wrote from 1981 til now and am going to miss her terribly.
Tonya Lucas
Jan 25, 2016 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janet Dailey never disappoints. It's been a while since I've read anything by her. Loved her Calder series. Still one of my all time favorite series. I bought Texas True and let me tell you!!!!! It was fabulous and kept me on the edge of my seat in suspense. Can't wait til the sequel.
I was also sad to hear of her passing. She was a terrific author who knew how to capture the true cowboy/rancher persona. She has left us with her legacy, what a great gift. May God bless her family and she will be
Maryann Skaritka
Sep 08, 2014 Maryann Skaritka rated it really liked it
Rimrock Ranch in Blanco Springs, Texas is home to the Tyler Family. After the death of his father Bull, Beau stays on the ranch to help his brother Will.
Flames are reignited with Beau's former high school sweetheart Natalie who has become the local vet. Natalie is trapped in a loveless marriage to local trucker Slade Haskell.
Family interactions, love, friendship, illegal activity and murders encompass this book.
It did take me a while to figure out who the killer was.
The book does conclude with
Tonya Lucas
Sep 16, 2015 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashley (CocoaRhymes)
Jun 19, 2016 Ashley (CocoaRhymes) rated it really liked it
When you thought this book was going left, it faked right! Over and over again I thought I knew where the story was going; I thought I knew what kind of people the characters were but that wasn't the case at all. Texas True kept me on my toes, wasn't overly sexual, but still had those heart fluttering moments between Beau and Natalie not to mention a few other side characters. I might actually read the rest of the series
Sep 27, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Nice book. There is mystery, romance, drama, and the makings of a great series. Unfortunately, I just realized that Mrs. Dailey has passed away prior to this publication. Not sure if her other Texas books were completed prior to her death. Janet Dailey has given me many enjoyable hours with a great story, especially her Calder series. She will be sadly missed.
Jan Mcleod
Dec 22, 2015 Jan Mcleod rated it it was amazing
This was a great story with characters and fast-moving action that reminded me of Ms. Dailey's
Calder series. That was one is a million. There was romance, family loyalty and concern, and plenty of suspense, especially when an innocent man was charged with several murders. A good twist at the end
revealed who the real killer was.
A real page turner--could not put it down!
Sandra J. Dean
Oct 10, 2015 Sandra J. Dean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice to read another Janet Dailey book.

Haven't read much from Janet Dailey since her Calder series. Was pleasantly happy to reunite with her and hope to enjoy this Tyler's of Texas books. Just the perfect blend of romance and suspense. Good job Janet Dailey in bring back an old fan of yours I will be reading more.
Julie
Sep 22, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
While the long lost love coming back around isn't new or original, I enjoyed this book. Dailey's last few books felt more like something that had to be done, but this one felt like it was finally getting back to the depth of heart she had over a decade ago. Solid characters and a good story line- I hope the rest of the Tyler's of Texas continue in this vein!
Ina Everman Fenton
Another Janet Dailey Wonderful Read

As usual Ms.Dailey writes a suspense filled story that is way too awesome to put down. She writes a great story without the profanity some authors think they have to have to tell a good story. I will read anything she writes.
Beth
Dec 28, 2014 Beth rated it liked it
Confession--I've always loved romance novels about cowboys and ranches. And I especially love Janet Dailey. This book was an enjoyable read and what I've come to expect from Dailey. Her sex scenes have gotten a bit more, um, graphic. But just a sign of what sells, I guess.
JoAnne
Aug 19, 2014 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger at the end that makes me want to read book two in the series as soon as it comes out.
Some mystery, lots of family, friends, heartache, sorrow, tears, anger, laughter, secrets, horses, a ranch, cowboys and a sheriff. Lots of action with a few twists and turns.
Barbi
Sep 22, 2014 Barbi rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully written book that had a case of "whodunit" included. I loved the description of the characters and their interactions with one another. I also enjoyed the fact that it kept you guessing until just about the last chapter whether things would turn out alright.
Kay
Nov 07, 2015 Kay rated it really liked it
This is another Goodreads win. I really enjoyed it. Fell in love with the characters and would just love to hear more of them I especially believe there would be a good story in following up on Sky and Lauren. If you enjoy nice love stories with some excitement thrown in, then stir in some mystery with a big twist before you are done... uh huh, This one if for you too.
Debs
Mar 20, 2016 Debs rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I love reading Janet Dailey books. Her books, although previously published never go out of style. She is missed. A true writing pioneer. 3.5 stars
Carla
Nov 28, 2015 Carla rated it really liked it
I love Janet Dailey's books and was glad to spot this one. I enjoyed it but it is a notch below many of her other books. It was a great rainy day read over the holidays.
Donna
Aug 24, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Janet's books and this one is no exception. Great story line and characters.Now on to #2 in the series, Texas Tough.
Connie Glasgow
can't wait to start reading Texas Tough - These are great vacation reads - Fast, fun and a little romance thrown in too.
Beachbum7805
Sep 10, 2014 Beachbum7805 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A book you won't want to put down once you start. Beau comes home for his fathers funeral and his brother tries a guilt trip to keep him at the ranch. Beau's high school sweetheart is the vet in town but married to a very jealous man. Beau would like nothing better than to return home and get back to life as he has been living it. But fate has different plans. I really enjoyed this book and it has this nice little mystery going on. Who is doing the killing? You might be surprised, it's not who y ...more
Mia
May 02, 2016 Mia rated it liked it
Story was okay, but never really felt the connection between the H/H felt like something was missing.
Tara Greene
Jun 29, 2015 Tara Greene rated it really liked it
Mystery, romance, family and Texas. What more could you want?
Denise Jo
Aug 05, 2014 Denise Jo rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the characters and the story
in this new Janet Daily book
Beth
Oct 14, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I'm excited for the next one.
Sue Sparks
Sep 11, 2014 Sue Sparks rated it it was amazing
Rest in Peace Janet Dailey. Your books will be missed.
Sarah Crocket-tone
Sep 08, 2014 Sarah Crocket-tone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: janet-dailey
Loved this book cannot wait for the other books to become available !
Anner
Jul 20, 2015 Anner rated it it was amazing
Good book. Reading the second one in the series now.
Karen Thompson
Aug 29, 2014 Karen Thompson rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Janet Dailey was a great author, and this book did not disappoint. When reading her books, she made you feel as if you are right there with the characters, sharing their ups and downs. You always walked away feeling like you made new friends.
  • A Proposal for Christmas: State Secrets / The Five Days of Christmas
  • Shadow Bear
  • Temptation
  • Nelson's Brand / Lonetree Ranchers: Colt
  • How to Handle a Cowboy (Cowboys of Decker Ranch, #1)
  • Lone Heart Pass (Ransom Canyon, #3)
  • Letting Go
  • The Recipe Box
  • Southern as a Second Language (Dixie, #3)
  • Atonement (Beartooth, Montana, #4)
  • Southern Charm
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • You... Again: Baby Blessed / Yesterday Once More
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

The Tylers of Texas (2 books)
  • Texas Tough (The Tylers of Texas, #2)