Start by marking “The Cottage on the Corner (Apple Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cottage on the Corner (Apple Valley, #2)

The Cottage on the Corner (Apple Valley #2)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  303 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
In Apple Valley, Washington, true friends are never far, neighbors can help heal the loneliest hearts--and longed-for dreams can unexpectedly become real . . .

Charlotte Garrison's second chance is falling into place just like she's carefully planned. A few more sales of her heavenly sweets and she'll be able to turn the empty shop on Main Street into her own bakery--a plan
Published August 5th 2014 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage on the Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage on the Corner

Pamela
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
The Cottage on the Corner is the second book in the Apple Valley series. It is a well written and well edited small town romance novel.

The plot is simple. The Hero and heroine have painful pasts and have moved to the small town of Apple Valley to start new lives. They have been friendly acquaintances for years, but circumstances happen that throw them together, forcing them to reevaluate their lives and relationship. I think that the plot would have been more interesting with a suspenseful back
Susan
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
THE COTTAGE ON THE CORNER is a wonderful story of friends, family, romance and second chances. Shirlee's writing style flows smoothly and this is a very easy story to get lost in. The small town setting and the characters made this a sweet read, but not a sappy read. Shirlee McCoy is a very descriptive writer and while reading THE COTTAGE ON THE CORNER I felt like I was right there in Apple Valley. I wanted to get the low down on all the local gossip. I was instantly caught up in Charlotte and M ...more
Katie Fink
Teresa Corbin
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is in the Air, if only Trust

So sad this book is over before we learn paternity of Zuzü, this story had me grabbing my iPad in the middle of the night, sitting in the dark to see what happened next. I love a good spin on love!
Dee Schwinn
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book. The characters of Charlotte and Max were good and the social issues were timely. The author also gives a good picture of small town live.
PJ
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charlotte bakes goods and begins seeing Max a police officer in the community of Apple Valley. Max's former girlfriend had dropped off his daughter ZuZu. Sweet story.
Alyssa
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Write a comment...
Kathy Warren
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this sweet series based in Apple Valley.
Josephine
Oct 06, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
I wasn't a fan of Charlotte. I understand how she felt seeing her friends get married, but her attitude came across shrew-like and selfish. I also felt like some of the dialogue was quite stilted and I wasn't engaged by how the first couple of chapters played out. This was a DNF for me and I won't be continuing with the series.
Mary Brown
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Garrison has moved to Apple Valley, Washington, to open a bakery and live a quiet, solitary life. She moved there after her husband dies and she is devastated. Not because her husband died but because of her husband’s betrayal. He had a whole different life, complete with a wife and children, that Charlotte knew nothing about. She moves with the hopes of putting her past behind her and living her life alone, so that no one else can hurt her. She has friends and neighbors that she is c ...more
Nikki  Peterson
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I requested this from NetGalley I didn't know The Cottage on the Corner was the second in the series. It just sounded interesting so I asked for it. I am happy to say that even though I didn't get the time to get to the first one you can still read this one and not feel lost. You know, you read something and figure out about half way through they are talking about something that happened in previous books of the series and you are screwed. Because now you have no freaking clue what is going ...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

I like Apple Valley. This is the second book in the series. It starts right after The House on Main Street. Actually the epilogue of the House on Main street is the first chapter of The Cottage on the Corner. They can stand alone but I liked them both.

Zuzu is a cute new character. She is three. She tugs at your heart, and made me smile a lot.

Town deputy Max Stanford is single and plans to never marry and have kids. He dates a lot but is always up front about not being serious.

Charlotte Ga
Kathy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte’s almost ready to open her bakery in a vacant shop in town—right according to her plan. More preferable than risking her heart again. Max is a deputy in town, and definitely not prepared for the three-ear old, ZuZu, his ex drops off on his doorstep to care for while she goes off to Vegas in search of a much needed job. To make matters worse, Max is not really sure his ex will ever return to pick up ZuZu. Somehow, Charlotte and Max get roped in together caring for ZuZu, which leads them ...more
Kim
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, net-galley
A really charming book set in Apple Valley. It was very much like Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove in style and enjoyment factor.

Charlotte is the local baker and she supplies local events with plates of cookies, cakes and scones- all presented with pretty teapots full of flowers so that her baking is an event on it's own. She is saving to open her own shop in the town and you can just imagine the baking heaven that it will be. Apple Valley folklore says that her special chocolate cupcakes have men p
Psusan
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Cottage on the Corner is an enjoyable sweet summertime read. It is a heartwarming story with endearing characters that feel more like neighbors than characters in a book. I even felt a bit bad for the one who was breaking into Charlotte’s home. Wow, like that has never happened before.

There is much I liked about this story. I enjoyed the journey of Max, Zuzu (what a name for an adorable kid!) and Charlotte. I liked the way the relationship progressed between Max and Charlotte. The focus on t
Lorelle Mac ~ WattleTree Lane
Charlotte has inherited a cottage and has renovated the kitchen for her cake baking. She has her eye on an empty shop in Main Street for her own bakery. In the meantime she has plenty of orders to supply cakes and cookies for functions, meetings and customers.
Max Stanford is a local policeman who dates but doesn't get close. When his ex dumps her three year old daughter on him to care for while she chases her own needs, he goes to Charlotte for babysitting help. The ex says Zuzu is his and while
Cathy Geha
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It takes a village to raise a child…and Apple Valley is just the place Max is lucky to be when Zuzu lands on his doorstep. A toddler is not something any single bachelor cop unready to settle down would want thrust into his life so he calls on Charlotte the first day to help out. Charlotte has her own schedule to keep baking tasty treats then delivering them to her customers, but she does her best that first day with Zuzu.

Both Max and Charlotte have a backstory that must be dealt with before th
Romantic Reads and Such
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
The characters are lively with realistic problems and feelings. The town is quintessential small-town America, where everyone knows your name and pokes their nose in your business. I found myself engaged right along with Max and Charlotte as they dealt with their fears and troubles, growing and changing as they evaluated what they wanted for themselves and their lives.

Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.
Peggy
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
~Received For An Honest Review~

An absolute sweet read! You feel connected to the characters as well as feeling you are part of the plot. Well written and easy to follow. First time reviewing for this author and was impressed! Loved how this story just takes places and it all comes together so smoothly!
Ann
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This love story between max and Charlotte is typical of small towns and interested neighbors. The best complication is Zuzu, Max's 4 year old little girl who is dropped off by his ex in the middle of the night. Can't wait for the next installment in this slightly Christian romance that is a delight to read.
Eclectic Book Life
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was a pleasant small american town romance story. The characters were likable and made me want to read the book in a day. I would have liked a few more resolutions with some of the minor characters but being part of a series I am presuming they will be resolved as the books progress.
Barbara Van Zandt
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
the title caught my eye and then the story got me. it was fast reading and I'd ordered the 1st one[ something] on main street from Amazon. I really enjoyed this story and I had a hard time putting the book down.
Ruth
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Those looking for a sweet clean romance with just enough sizzle to keep things interesting should enjoy this book. Full review after August 6 at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2014...
Mary Baker
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought the plot of this novel was not as compact as it might have been. It wasn't as interesting as some of Ms. McCoy's other books I have read.
Julie Levenhagen
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014, series
I really liked this and would have given it 4 stars but for the jarringly abrupt ending. Regardless, I'll definitely be picking up the next Apple Valley book next summer.
Lyndsey
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Slightly ridiculous and over the top in some aspects of the storyline, but amusing and entertaining none the less. Very unique story of family, friendship and love.
Alisha
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
loved ZuZu
Sadie
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Good story, very readable. The plot would have been a lot more convincing if it had been spread out over weeks rather than days, however.
Dorothy Morawsky
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good, easy to read book. Its nice to read a good new author.
  • Just One Taste (Pine Mountain, #4.5)
  • The Amish Midwife (Lancaster Courtships, #3)
  • The Healer's Touch
  • An Amish Man of Ice Mountain (Ice Mountain, #2)
  • Miriam's Secret (Land of Promise, #1)
  • The Restoration (Prairie State Friends, #3)
  • A Cherry Cola Christmas (A Cherry Cola Book Club #4)
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Last Chance Summer (Last Chance, #5.5)
  • Can't Always Get What You Want
  • Heart Conditions (The Breakup Doctor, #3)
  • Plain Killing (An Amish Mystery #2)
  • A Love to Call Her Own (Tallgrass, #3)
  • The Amish Clockmaker
  • Courting Emily (Wells Landing #2)

Apple Valley (3 books)
  • The House on Main Street (Apple Valley #1)
  • The Orchard at the Edge of Town (Apple Valley, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be