Start by marking “Until We Touch (Fool's Gold, #15)” as Want to Read:
Until We Touch (Fool's Gold, #15)

Until We Touch

(Fool's Gold #15)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,549 ratings  ·  470 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery comes the story of secret desires finally fulfilled…

After a family tragedy, former football hero Jack McGarry keeps the world at arm's length—a challenge now that his PR firm has moved to neighborly Fool's Gold, California.

Larissa Owens knows where she stands—Jack sees her as just another one of the guys. No matter wha
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 24th 2014 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Until We Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until We Touch

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Fuck you Jack!!! Fuck you fuck you fuck you! Jack you're a asshole, bastard and fuck you....
Dee
I do a happy dance whenever I get the chance to read any new Fools Gold story and it was no different for this, in fact it was probably more so as I had been looking forward to reading Jack’s story as soon as we met him a few books ago. Larissa, well I was never sure if I liked her or not, I just couldn’t make any connection with her, but wanted to go in with an open mind…..After all the woman who turned Jack around would have to be a special lady, right?

Instead of being bowled over I was quite
Aliaa El-Nashar
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I think this would officially be my least favorite book in the entire series. There's something about both Jack and Larissa as characters that had me so detached and not liking them. I found it completely weird because I liked them in Taryn's story as well as Sam's. I even had high expectations for them, which is why I was so disappointed that I disliked their characters in their own stories.

I didn't get how Jack would be such a commitment-phobe, but still marry Taryn and be accepting of her hav
Lisa
Jun 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I had read all of the previous Fool's Gold books. I enjoyed the first 8 or 10 tremendously. The writing quality of the last few has steadily decreased to the point where i can no longer force myself to finish the book. This is disappointing because I'd have liked to at least know what happened to the Score guys. Here is an example from early in the first couple of chapters:
"He set down the bag of food and crossed to the drawer to pull out the opener. While he was there, he also grabbed a few se
Fanny
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

Antes De Abrazarnos narra la historia de amor entre Jack y Larissa, personajes de la saga Fools Gold creada por la autora Susan Mallery.
Cuando inicie la lectura no esperaba que me sorprendiera, pensaba encontrar una historia sencilla y dulce ( como las otras de la serie ) pero fue mucho mejor, aun sigo sin poder decidir cual es mi libro favorito, si el de Isabel y Ford ( el que mas me ha gustado hasta ahora ) o este.
Estaba bastante segura de que me encontraria en Antes De Abrazarnos, no esperaba
Tammy
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: carr-robyn, romance, own
Jack, Jack, Jack…. Although I really liked Jack, there were a million times in this book that I would like to have punched him like Kenny and Sam did – HE DESERVED THOSE HITS… I understood why he acted the way that he did, because of everything that he had lost in his past, but that didn’t give him the okay to hurt the people in his life that loved him unconditionally.

Larissa… She loved everything unconditionally, especially Jack. I don’t think that I could have forgiven him as easily as she di
Jonel
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, print
This is the type of story that makes you feel whole again. Both tears & laughter fill the pages of Mallery’s work. Mallery takes the comic moments from real life and transposes them into her story. She has a down to earth writing style that you can connect with. I appreciate how many aspects of life and how many areas of the town Mallery covers without feeling like she’s flitting around. The storyline is solid but vast, like life itself. Mallery also jogs your memory with regards to previous ...more
Jultri
Not bad writing, but characters frustrated me. Heroine happy to settle for crumbs and hero patting himself on the back for being a good friend and feeding her the crumbs she craves. Nonsensical plot revolving around her finally turning their platonic relationship physical in the hope that it will purge him out of her system. Yes, that's really going to work, honey...

Linda
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars Another great read.
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for a HONEST review.
Until We Touch is book # 15 in the “Fool’s Gold” Series. It’s the 3rd of the books featuring the retired football players. The main characters are Jack, a retired football player and his assistant Larissa. They were first introduced in Taryn and Angel’s story, When We Met # 13.
As is the custom in the Fool’s Gold series, the characters are briefly introduced in previous books, with their presence gradua
Phyllis
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the last book in Fool's Gold for now. Jack and Larissa's story. Their story was so endearing and entertaining. Jack is an ex pro football player (due to an injury) who never let anyone get close. Didn't believe in love or loving, thought it brought pain. Larissa was his assistant and a masseuse for the 4 partners in Score, the PR firm they worked for in Fool's Gold. She was always joining a cause, saving animals, fostering them, whatever the case may be, with Jack's money. They were goo ...more
Bethany Clark
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
First I would like to thank Goodreads for a copy of this book to preview!

Where do I begin...I really enjoyed every part of this story. I love all the twists and turns Jack and Larissa's relationship took from best friends to so much more. I feel like they had a real relationship and issues to deal with. It wasn't all a fairy tale and there was a lot of heart break that took place.

Jack, a former football star has dealt with a lot of tragedy and loss in his life. And ever since he has kept every
Marti
Susan Mallery has done it again. Everything I had to do today was out the window and down the road. All I accomplished today was to sit in the shade/sun and read this book! And what a book it was! To me this one had some good scenes where the characters were able to change and grow with their insights without making me groan. I think the new Jack is going to be fun. I really loved the great scenes that made me laugh out loud.

This book is all about Jack and Larissa. Jack realized as did Larissa
Manda Collins
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I had a feeling that this story was going to be friends to lovers back when Jack and Larissa were first introduced. There's just too much temptation when a hero and heroine work in close proximity to one another. I thought Jack's back history of being the twin who survived was powerful and kept him from reading like a complete a-hole when the black moment arrived in spectacular fashion. I also thought Larissa's addiction to worthy causes was interesting, though somewhat eye rolling after a while ...more
Krista
Jun 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Boring. I didn't care about the characters and there was a lot of repetition... like the author didn't think the readers would remember anything. Didn't like the ending. Larissa just seemed pathetic. Jack should definitely have had to work harder at getting her back...
Susan
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorites of the Fool's Gold series. The emotion, especially in the last few chapters, had me reaching for the tissues multiple times. I have been looking forward to reading Jack and Larissa's story the more I saw of them in the previous books. They are best friends and coworkers. Jack is one of the owners of the PR firm, Larissa is his assistant and also the company masseuse. Larissa is heavily into charity work, helping sick kids and seemingly addicted to rescuing animals of ...more
Angela
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Fool's Gold a while back, and the Score crew was a big reason why. Until We Touch focuses big time on Score - especially on cutie Larissa. She will do anything for an animal or a person in need... And Score partner Jack McGarry will always come running to help.

I'm not a huge animal person, but Larissa is, and her compulsion to rescue animals totally worked. If you love fur babies, you'll sympathize and have some tender I-heart-animal moments. And if you don't, you'll just ap
Kate Vale
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Fool's Gold has some interesting characters. Larissa Owens, who's into saving those in need, be they two-legged or four-legged, has skilled fingers and works as a masseuse at SCORE. She's also Jack McGarry's assistant. He doesn't know she's been in love with him since she joined the firm, but Larissa's mother knows and she's eager to become a grandmother. That's not going to happen as long as Larissa stays in Fool's Gold and works for Jack, so she does the unthinkable: she tells Jack how Larissa ...more
Rachel
Mar 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm not a fan of books that I can predict. That being said, I can forgive it if it's well written, I like the characters, and/or there's a lot of great dialogue. This book had NONE of that. I could see how this book was going to give the major conflict and then resolve it a mile away and frankly, it was just not believable. AT ALL. I found myself rolling my eyes at the complete turn around the hero claimed to have in the last TWO pages. The hero was a giant douche lord and I could not see what e ...more
Daniela
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Larissa and Jack
Jack is one of four partners in PR firm Score. Larissa is his assistant and Score's masseuse. The story starts with her mother telling Jack to fire her so she can live her life, settle down because Larissa is in love with Jack. She repeatedly denies it to him and everyone. She and Jack seem to have a quasi marriage of sorts, a unique relationship. They are friends and spend lots of time with each other. She uses him for all her rescue causes of animals and/or people. He allows it
Lyndi W.
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
This was a frustrating read.

First, Larissa is kind of hopeless with how clueless she is. Then she decides that the perfect way to get over Jack is to sex him up. That makes no sense and is the stupidest idea ever. Even when everyone points that fact out to her she brushes it off like she knows better. Though she hasn't ever really had a relationship before. And then Jack is a total douche... I mean, he fucks things up epically and with style. His groveling wasn't half bad, but I still can't beli
Melissa
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't win this book on Goodreads. I got this book through a Susan Mallery e-mail request to join her "Review Crew". This book is Number 15 in the Fool's Gold series, but don't let that scare you. This is the first book in this series that I have gotten the pleasure to read. While I did have a few questions about the book when I first started reading it, I quickly got absorbed in the storyline and with the characters. It's safe to say that this book could be a great "stand alone" book or a per ...more
Marianchu
Jack y Larissa eran dos personajes que me llamaban mucho pero su historia no ha terminado de convencerme. Hubo momentos en los que me parecía que daba vueltas y más vueltas alrededor del mismo tema, aún así ha resultado entretenida y sigo disfrutando de los momentos q nos brindan Taryn y Angel que son estupendos.
Mi puntuación: 6,5
steph
Not the best. I just couldn't really feel the characters, Larissa was nice and giving but like too nice for me to like and identify with. And Jack was standoffish too. Not the worst of this series, but I doubt I'll be reading it again.
Jacob Proffitt
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
This is fifteenth in a series and go ahead and read the others. You might want to reconsider reading this one, though.

I was leery going into this one. Larissa is an annoying crusader forever pulling her friends into rescue operations. I think it's supposed to be cute, but I mostly find it irresponsible and selfish that she commits resources that don't belong to her without asking first and just takes it for granted that everybody will capitulate because she's "good" and it has always worked in t
Kathi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
Halbzeit oder Hochzeit? von Susan Mallery ist schon der 15. Teil der Fool's Gold Reihe! Hier geht es um Jack, welcher Teilinhaber von Score ist. Larissa ist seine persönliche Assistentin und Masseurin der Exfootballspieler. Beide bezeichnen sie einander als beste Freunde, aber als Larissas Mutter erwähnt, dass Larissa mehr als nur Freundschaft für Jack empfindet ändern sich ihre Einstellungen für einander. Nun sind sie sich nicht mehr sicher, wie sie miteinander umgehen sollen.

Dieser Teil war au
Monique Pearson
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a little predictable in some ways but then Jack had his A**hole moment which I think went too far for the character as he'd been written. I did like the ending but I believe he received forgiveness too easily for the horrible things he did to hurt people.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Book #15 - and finally Jack & Larissa's story ☺
I've been waiting for them ever since the football boys moved into town☺

description

Jack - ex Quarterback of the Los Angeles Stallions moved into Fool's Gold a while ago, with his 2 buddie Sam & Kenny and their 'girl' buddy Taryn. The four of them own Score, a PR Agency - and Larissa is their friend, private Masseuse and.... Jack's personal assistant!

They're all best friends, especially Jack and Larissa. No sexual attraction, no weirdness - just best fr
Arantzazu
En la línea del anterior.
(;Missy.Lala;)
Wooow...... just Wow!

First let me say this...
This is like number 15 in the series, and I just started this series today, so you don't have to read the other 14 to read this one, its just a romance between the characters that get mentioned in this series, so you can just skip to this one...

I had a bit of mixed emotions for this book.. and the reasons are listed below:

1. The Romance:
It didn't feel... real.
I mean... obviously we, and the characters in the book could tell that Larissa had a seriou

• The Promise (Thunder Point, #5)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • Wild Iris Ridge (Hope's Crossing, #7)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Home to Whiskey Creek (Whiskey Creek, #4)
  • Shoreline Drive (Sanctuary Island #2)
  • Finding Hope (Nugget, #2)
  • Winter at Mustang Ridge (Mustang Ridge, #2)
  • Miracle Road (Eternity Springs, #7)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
“thought as he faced President Newham at” 1 likes