Start by marking “Time Riders” as Want to Read:

(TimeRiders #1)

LIAM O’CONNOR harusnya meninggal di lautan pada tahun 1912
MADDY CARTER harusnya meninggal di dalam pesawat pada tahun 2010
SAL VIKRAM harusnya meninggal dalam kebakaran pada tahun 2026

Tapi sesaat sebelum kematian mereka, seseorang muncul secara misterius dan berkata, “Raih tanganku....” Tapi Liam, Maddy, dan Sal bukanlah diselamatkan. Mereka direkrut oleh sebuah agen rah
Published October 30th 2013 by Elex Media Komputindo (first published February 4th 2010)

Aurora
I picked this book up at Books-a-Million, a bookstore I don't usually shop at. I had looked at it several times at other book stores, but I had never bought it until that night. I have since learned that if I look at a book several times, but only buy it later, I will probably love it, and this is no exception.
TimeRiders is a time travel story about three kids saved from death to protect the future from time travelers who mess with time. There is more to the story, though, because the kids start
Silvanna
Liam, Sal and Mandy are a team of time travelers sucked into a adventure that will change the course of world history. A fun read. Loved ‘Captain Bob’!
S.W.
The TimeRiders is a great book that has hooked me for the rest of the series. The blurb for this book is brilliant. How can you not be intrigued by this?
" Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, ‘Take my hand ...’ "

These three teens are saved from certain death and catapulted into a world of time travel and mystery. They become
Mark
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mark by: Eunice Masters
If books won accolades for the gripping start of their plots then this first volume in the series ought to have won award after award after award. It is a really clever concept where young people destined for a horrible death are rescued by a stranger suddenly appearing in the moment of catastrophe. The option given to them, either stay and die as was planned or take the step into the unknown and become a 'Time rider'.

The job of these new recruits is to live in one day of time continually repeat
Stuart
"Let's take a episode from the TV series Time Tunnel and write it in print"

What do three random strangers have in common? Well imagine this, your having a normal day and then you are told by a complete stranger your about to die. You have a choice, either stay and face death or be pulled out from the situation you find yourself in and become a member of the Timeriders. Or is that Time Tunnel? To me, this does read like a lazy rip-off from the old TV series. There is even a episode similar to thi
Annabel
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unf. I really wanted to like this book more than I did.
Time Riders has a simple but brilliant concept: time police. Whenever anyone goes back and tries to change the timeline, they dash in, guns a-blazing and fix it, along with the help of Bob, a sort of android-y being whose unemotional attitude leads to some occasionally hilarious oneliners. The main characters, (aside from aforementioned android) are Liam, a boy who should have died on the Titanic in 1912, Maddy Carter, who should have died i
Jonathan Terrington
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans, young adult readers
Having just read the second of this series I believe it is time I retrace my steps and quickly review this fine novel. Of course if you want a more interesting read jump on to the second review.

As far as YA reads go TimeRiders is brilliant. There's a lot of action, a lot of deaths and lots of technology. Not to mention that a few brilliant twists and tension exist in spade-loads throughout the gripping plot.
Of the two I have read there is no doubt the first is superior in terms of plot and wow
Tyrean
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the concept of this book, and some of the character development was good. The action scenes are excellent.

What I didn't like:
The only swearing used, over and over again, is Jesus' name, which bugged me. I know not everyone shares my faith, but sometimes, in instances like this, I feel like I'm having someone throw their disbelief in my face over and over again. I'm not a fan of swearing in books generally, and this kind of ruined the book for me. I can't recommend it to friends, even th
edifanob
Oct 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, 2010-reads
Awesome read! Hard to put down. Can't wait to read the next book in the series. Fortunately there will be NINE books!!!!!

Read my full review over at Edi's Book Lighthouse
Jason
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2013
3.5 Stars

This is an enjoyable first book in a neat time traveling young adult series. Time Riders is an easy read that will have you flying through the pages. The cast is a bunch of young likables that we simply need to know more about.

The premise is cool...a secret agency plucks our heroes out of time moments before their deaths. They are all chosen for their unique talents and gifts, wether that is being the analytical one, the technical one, or the one that can formulate tactics and plans.

The
carola
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2018, dnf
I'm not going to finish this book! It really wasn't that bad but I'm just really not interested in reading more of this and it's been on my currently reading pile for over a month, so I don't feel too bad.
And YES, I'm shelving this as 'read' since I read it more than halfway through and could have spent my time reading other books instead!
Yzabel Ginsberg
I was reading this one for a group read, but since I had time to finish it today instead of dumbly waiting for tomorrow to roll in, well...

I'm not sure if it should be a 1* or 2* for me. Let's say 2, for the Terminator shout-outs, which made me smile (I watched T1 and T2 when I was in middle school, and I still have fond memories of those), for the couple of good things I liked, and because I didn't actually want to throw the book through the window. In fact, I think it could be nice for a young
Emma
May 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, sci-fi-fantasy
Jamie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one with a brain
This book had such promise... but then screwed it up by "dumbing down" to be understood by YA readers. Unfortunately, they forgot that young adults are actually capable of understanding things like: paradoxes and literary inconsistencies.

The worst of it is that there is a "time bubble", within which the time travelers are safe from the looping of the same few days and the effects of changes in the timeline... EXCEPT for the one girl who is standing outside "when" the timeline got changed by a bu
Robin Carter
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who reads and reads and reads i have always said i'm not going to get sucked into the kids / YA market. EG Harry Bloomin potter market, its a kids book for kids and can be read by kids.

BUT....i have been proved a liar.

Im a huge fan of Alex Scarrows writing so when i heard about this book i had to give it a go, the concept alone is brilliant, but as usual his main strength comes to the fore. Great characters. The man just knows people and writes them so well and that comes across so we
Andrew
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first in an onging series and for the first volume I must say I enjoyed it. I have read several time travel books and they seem to take one of two paths - lets have some fun and blow the consequences and explainations and the other - lets set some rules (which by now most people agree with) and stick to them. This book is the latter -and I think is all the better for it (its also part of the underlaying theme of the book). It was fast paced and intereting but like many "first" books ...more
Dan
Feb 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good concept that keeps the pages turning in the latter half of the book but drags a little at the beginning. If I'm being really picky I'd say that the author could have shed about 100 pages. Just needed to be a bit bolder with the red pen.
Pauline
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Wow, what a brilliant book. So exciting all the way through. Really couldn't put it down at all. Became totally intrigued with the story concept and all of the characters. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Sam Whitehouse
Action-packed, but plot could have been tighter and pace a little faster.
Overall, pretty good.
Annie
First Look: I loved the premise of this, right from the first time I read the back cover. I just had to buy it. I'm rather fond of time travel stories. I hoped this one would follow through. This might be a shorter review, since I've gotten behind again.

Setting: The historical aspects of this were cool. Of course, setting your first scene in the sinking Titanic is always a fantastic idea. The other settings were interesting, too. The author definitely did a nice job making the altered history s
Tasha
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Liam, Maddy and Sal were all about to die when a time traveller, Foster, plucks them from their time and brings them to New York, 2001. The three of them are about to become a team of Timeriders, with the task of making sure no one else messes up the time lines. Their job is to spot when something has changed, figure out what and when it happened and go then fix it.

Wow! This book turned out to be much more awesome than I expected it to be. Yes the concept sounded good even before reading but it
Steven Naylor
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.75 stars

This was a very interesting book. Not the usual type of story that I read but it was close. The premise of the book is that someone in the future invents time travel, and with that comes the potential for alterations in the time stream. In order to protect the time stream agents are brought together to fix whatever problems come up. The team consist of 3 main members. The first is Liam (the operative), a 16 year old boy who was taken off the Titanic right before it sank. The sen
Carolyn
Christina
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liam was picked from the Titanic on the Atlantic Ocean in 1912. Maddy was selected from a doomed plane in 2010. Sal was saved from a fire in Mumbai in the year 2026. The three have one thing in common, they were destined to die, but they're given the opportunity to continue living on the condition they correct history. Soon they face an enormous mission. History as they know of Nazi Germany has changed which has dire consequences for the future and the present day.

TimeRiders was fast paced and f
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Three teens, all from different time periods, have the same man visit them asking them the same question: Do you want to die, or do you want to live a strange but helpful life?

Each choose to live.

They come together as Time Riders, a group of people who live days over and over again looking for any significant changes in the world. Liam, Maddy, Sal, and their robot, Bob, are responsible for watching the world on September 11, 2001. They're not allow
Georgie R
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls and boys, ages 9-12
Recommended to Georgie by: Head Librarian and fellow librarians
Blurb: Liam O'Connor should have died at sea in 1912.

Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.

Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2029.

Yet moments before death, someone mysteriously appeared and said, 'Take my hand . . .'

But Liam, Maddy and Sal aren't rescued. They are recruited by an agency that no one knows exists, with only one purpose - to fix broken history. Because time travel is here, and there are those who would go back in time and change the past.

That's why the TimeRiders
K.
Look, if you want books featuring in-depth descriptions of how time travel works, this isn't the book for you. If instead you want a series in which the time travel is basically "Look, it's a thing, just go with it" and in which teenagers are effectively the time police, then this will fit the bill nicely.

It's definitely at the younger end of YA, and frankly it was fairly predictable at times. But it was also a lot of fun and a pretty fun concept from start to finish. And to be perfectly honest
H H
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My overal thought was that its interesting- the characters were well developed, both protagonists and antagonists were likable. I wasn't bored but i was expecting a bit more of a plot twist. I definitely enjoyed this book though
Mitchel Smith
Enjoyed the spin on time travel.
Anna
Aug 29, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
DNF. 36%.
This book went into RidiculoLand. I don't wanna continue.

Plus! "Albino freaks"??? Emmm, WHAT??? I really do have an issue with this phrase.
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. YA, time traveler showed up and saved three people from dying and then took them to current time. [s] 5 25 Jun 08, 2019 04:10PM
recommendations 1 4 May 21, 2017 01:43PM
Word Game 1 5 Jun 15, 2015 12:51PM
Time Travel: TIMERIDERS (September 2011) 55 187 Nov 10, 2014 05:54AM
Time Travel: Alex Scarrow - Timeriders (series) 8 78 Sep 24, 2014 12:16PM
Audiobooks for US fans? 1 7 May 03, 2014 09:10AM

• The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • Subject Seven (Subject Seven, #1)
  • Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • The Dead Gentleman
  • The Blending Time
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • The Shadow Project (Shadow Project, #1)
  • Hex (Hex, #1)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Department Nineteen (Department Nineteen, #1)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • The Obsidian Blade (The Klaatu Diskos, #1)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Shift (Shift, #1)
  • Brain Jack
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The

TimeRiders (9 books)
  • Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)
“It is in our nature to destroy what we create. (Dr. Paul Kramer)” 43 likes
“Oh God, what is it with mankind? Never happy unless it's blowing someone up.” 10 likes