Start by marking “Hemphill Towers” as Want to Read:
Hemphill Towers

Hemphill Towers

Riley Saunders has her dream job. As an art director at a leading advertising agency, she works every day with her two best friends, Stella and Birdie. All three have been assigned to ensure that the Grand Opening of the Peterson Art Museum is nothing short of a success.

When a girl’s night out at a hot new Italian restaurant ends with a spilled bottle of wine, it sets in m
Published October 25th 2013 by MuseItUp Publishing (first published October 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hemphill Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hemphill Towers

✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 12, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copy
Hemphill Towers really took me surprise. I honestly wasn’t expecting much since this is an unknown author to me but I decided to take a chance on her anyway since her book was offered to me free by participating on her blog tour. And boy was I glad I took it!!

This book kept me actively interested and engaged. I didn’t know that a book of unfamiliarity could take me from left field and captivate me so thoroughly!

From a one-sided romance whirl winding into a passionate romance fulfilled intrigue
Jonel Boyko
Jan 18, 2014 Jonel Boyko rated it liked it
This novel is intense and nerve wracking from the 1st page. The writing style was easy to follow and the novel was well edited and presented. There is also so much going on in this tale that it becomes difficult at times to focus on the main story. There are a great deal of stories weaving together and I spent a great deal of time wondering where the prologue fit in. I kept expecting the girl in the prologue to show up somewhere. And holy irony on the ending. Pence presented a very quick but ind ...more
Barbara
DNF at 70%

All I can say is:

description

But obviously it didn't work for me.
Robin
Oct 27, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! It had romance, intrigue, & locations that were so vividly described that I felt I was there myself. The characters were well developed and had me truely hoping for things to work out for them (except for one which you will really dislike but that was the intention) . The novel was well plotted & gave a very satisfying ending.

I am very proud to say the author is a friend of mine. I'm so delighted by the much deserved success she is receiving from the publica
Mysti Parker
Jan 03, 2014 Mysti Parker rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this book before its release. This debut novel by Leona Pence (who is also an incredible inspiration to me) was a really fun read. It contained the best aspects of a contemporary romance--independent women, strong heroes, and a villain you will love to hate.

It all begins with a rather one-sided office romance. Stella is in love with her boss, J.B., but he doesn't see her as more than a secretary, or so she thinks. One night, she and her two coworkers/best friends, e
Kirsty Vizard
Hemphill Towers merges the romantic lives of three friends who work for the same advertising agency and we follow them stalking, attempted murder and family dramas.
Although I did not particularly connect with the three women I found Leona Pence's writing compelling and I became absorbed in their lives. One of the reasons I liked Hemphill Towers so much was that Leona Pence asks nothing from her reader, but to enjoy the story; there is a mystery element but we are not asked to solve it. There is
Katrina
Feb 11, 2014 Katrina rated it really liked it
Please check out my full 4 star review here

I was lucky enough to be part of Hemphill Towers Blog Tour this month and it was an added bonus to review the book as part of that.

I found it a very exciting book to read, it was packed full of the most interesting things that these girls got up too and there was always something happening which made for an un put downable book.

There were dramas, tantrums, tiara's, sparkly diamonds, plans and schemes galore.

I woul
Dennis Berry
Jan 23, 2014 Dennis Berry rated it it was amazing
Leona Pence’s debut novel, Hemphill Towers, does not disappoint. It is a Romantic Mystery, not to be confused with a romance novel. The lives of three young women intertwine and evolve in different settings across the globe. Her handling of a complex tale was masterfully accomplished. I highly recommend Hemphill Towers and look forward to more from this exciting new writer.
Joyce Hertzoff
Nov 13, 2013 Joyce Hertzoff rated it it was amazing
Lovely story. Yes, there were quite a few coincidences in this but I loved the happy ending for the three friends, and the fact that the two bad guys got their due. I hope to read more by Leona Pence in the future. If you're looking for a breezy and warm-hearted romantic story, this is it.
D.E.
Jan 22, 2014 D.E. rated it liked it
Hemphill Towers tells the story of three female co-workers that are also close friends. Riley, Stella and Birdie work for the same marketing firm. A girls night out results in three romantic liaisons. Thus starts a whirlwind tale of wine forgery, stalking and romance.

Hemphill Towers is a quick, easy read: a light, enjoyable read for an afternoon spent sunbathing on the beach. Pence’s story is very elaborate and keeps the reader interested until a happy conclusion has been reached for each of th
books are love
Feb 08, 2014 books are love rated it really liked it

this book had so many plots and twists going on it will make your head spin. I definitely got a work out with this one. I haven't quite understood the beginning before she moved to where Riley is now. I thought at first it was to show that she would have her guard up but nope. That didn't quite happen as she ended up dating a deranged stalker. Although that did add some thrilling moments and add to the intrigue.

All the fun started at a Italian restaurant and a spilled glass of wine. Next thing
G.G.
Mar 09, 2015 G.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-o
Disclaimer: Hemphill Towers is not in a genre I usually favor. Sure, like many people, I don't mind romance. I just don't specifically choose it when I want to sit down to escape this world and immerse myself in a book. I've decided to give it a try because I've met Leona Pence in an online writing course (F2K). She was my mentor in the last session so we talked but I don't know her personally.

Now, I have to specify that Hemphill Towers is a bit more than romance. Sure, we have three friends fi
Margaret Fieland
Margaret Fieland rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Ashley Dawn
Ashley Dawn rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Lin Holmes
Lin Holmes rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2013
Joshua Thornbrugh
Joshua Thornbrugh rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Christy Harmston-hocq
Christy Harmston-hocq rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Agnes (BeaderBubbe) marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Callie Pyke
Callie Pyke marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Sharisse  Sons
Sharisse Sons marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Navita
Navita marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Maayan
Maayan marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
 CCAM&GZM
CCAM&GZM marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Sitahiri
Sitahiri marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Katie Carroll
Katie Carroll marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Jodeena Thomas
Jodeena Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Jackie Lane
Jackie Lane marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015