Start by marking “Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)

Wallbanger

(Cocktail #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  187,254 ratings  ·  13,929 reviews
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a Kitchen Aid mixer to die for, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O. Adding insult to O-less, she also has an ...more
Published February 14th 2013 by Gallery Books (first published November 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wallbanger, please sign up.
Kassandra As Isabelle said, there is a sequel called Rusty Nailed. There is also another book written about these two characters that just came out called Last …moreAs Isabelle said, there is a sequel called Rusty Nailed. There is also another book written about these two characters that just came out called Last Call. There are also two other books that aren't about those characters, but they are about characters that you meet briefly in Rusty Nailed(less)

·  187,254 ratings  ·  13,929 reviews

Start your review of Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

5 HUGE STARS!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!
EVERYONE HAS TO READ IT!!!

This book was brilliant!!
Pure gold!
I’m in love with Simon.
Completely, utterly in love.
My cheeks ache from laughing.
My heart is happy.
Did I mention I love this book?

This book was pure, decadent, lighthearted, un-put-downable, FUN!! A well-written, perfect blend of all things happy, romantic, sweet, funny (hilarious, really), melty, swoony, witty, steamy, with just enough tender, deeper moments to make my heart squeeze.
Richa
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BANG BANG BANG!

Oh God............

BANG BANG BANG!!

Oh God................

BANG BANG BANG!!!

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!

THE WALLS ARE SHAKING, PICTURES ARE FALLING DOWN!!!! RUN FOR COVER PEOPLE!!! GRAB YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK, SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR DRESS AND HIDE UNDER THE TABLE!! I THINK WE'RE HAVING AN EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT Wait A Sec...........Not an earthquake...........nope, definitely not an earthquake.......One, only one wall is shaking.....LI
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Text messages between The Book and Blacky :

So, what do you think about me?
Well you weren't short at all :D
Well yeah I'm pretty long... and thick...
Just about average I'd say
Pfttt you are average missy! Didn't you like all the humor?
Yeah it was good I guess, the scene with Dr. Ross was the best :D
Ohhhh yes, makes me think of dirty things, that man. I wish I had my O back :(
Yes, I wish it too! Your O brought more frustration to me than it did to you!
Whatcha sayin'? You didn't li
Cindy
Dec 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, bored-now
What is with these 'OMG! Super-Hot! Fun!' books that become all the rage here on GR lately? And they are all the same.

A Mary Sue heroine with a perfect job and perfect friends who looks perfect but for some reason is alone and sexually frustrated. And she's all kinds of batshit about her perceptions of men or sex or men AND sex. Thus, the heroine of what exactly?

Then the hero. Well he's of course otherworldly gorgeous and fit, although he puts absolutely no effort into becoming that way, and mo
Warda
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reread.
I was worried that this wouldn’t be as great as the first time I read it.
I was wrong, thank god.
It was so good. So fuckin’ good. There were numerous times I started to tear up because my emotions were going haywire. I’m just so in love with this book!

——————————————

Well, hello there, my new favourite. Come to mama!

I judged this book by the title. And I feel like an absolute fool now, because fuck me, I loved this! Loved it!

I can't wait to reread it and continue on with the series. And r
MischaS_
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, e-book, funny, pb
I mean... Hard to fault this book.

I had so much fun reading it, sometimes laughing a bit too much that even my muscles hurt. And sometimes that's all you need, a book that makes you laught.
Katerina
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Kittens,lay back.You are about to get Wallbanged.”

I was an addict craving her dose.I was lost in a dull world full of mundane stuff for so long I almost became a mundane myself.After a month of abstinence from reading and severe book deprivation,after long days and bookless nights,the time came to return where I belong.And I had to celebrate!I wanted something light.I wanted saucy and funny and Wallbanger promised to deliver them all.And oh boy,it did!But it also delivered sweet,and
♡Karlyn P♡
Oct 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, audiobook

So disappointed! This book went from "O.M.G!" to a big fat "D.N.F." at 75%

I really (and I mean REALLY!) enjoyed the opening of this book, and was looking forward to a great read. But in the end, I gave it too much of my time and finally just had to call it quits.

Oh, it started off so funny and original. The 'Wallbanger' and 'Cock blocker' jokes were cute. Simon was such a mystery, and Caroline was a person I would love to hang with if she was a real person. Her conversations with her cat had
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

3 1/2 to 4 stars

There's no doubt Wallbanger is a fun, delightful, moderately sexy, feel-good read that bordered on the ANNOYING. There were times I felt like wallbanging my head against the wall with the amount of unresolved sexual tension this poor couple was put through. Geez! This particular aspect of the story became so frustrating.

I enjoyed getting to know the two main characters, Simon and Caroline. They were endearing, playful–maybe a little immat
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

💙 I read this for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2018 Reading Challenge, for the category of: Contemporary Romance. For more info on this challenge, click here. 💙

WALLBANGER by Alice Clayton is aptly named, because when I finished this book, I wanted to throw it at the wall, it was so bad.

I wanted to read this book because I love romance novels and people were saying that it was the funniest romance novel they had ever rea
Baba
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-by-author
ETA: downgraded to 3 stars. September 20, 2015.

"Hello O! Nice to see you again. With his lips he brought me one."

Photobucket

3.5 stars. I mean it. And I want half stars!

Once upon a time there was a missing O. The pressure of an O long denied, waiting patiently—and sometimes impatiently—for her release. Lucky you, because you found The Wallbanger.

Simon: How’s the pressure now?
Caroline: Do you want me to hurt you? Shut it! *a look of dreamy bliss on her face*

Enter Baba…

Hey guys! I wanna have a li
 ♥  Barb ♥

*****5 Bring it on home, Wallbanger stars*****

This was me 95% of the book...

laughing gifs photo: Hahaha! Secret-laughing.gif

and more laughing....

laughing gifs photo: Office laughing wcnv4j.gif

*****************************************

This is the story of wallbanging photographer Simon and interior designer Caroline. Their apartments are across the hall from each other and the walls are very very thin....so you can hear everything that's going on in each other's apartments. Are you following me so far? Well, Simon doesn't do relationships, flowers, etc....and one night while BA
Samantha Young
freaking hilarious and hot read!
Jodi Malpas
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed!

During a pretty mad point in my year end, Alice Clayton put the smile on my face I so needed.
I loved Caroline, although she was a little crackers, but I've got to cut the girl some slack because if I'd have been lacking in the area in which she was oh so lacking, then I guess I would be a bit of a loose canon too.

Enter Simon. The flirting, sexual tension and innuendos that were batting between these two almost me had me wishing I could magic myself into the scene to rip thei
Yeasmin Alo
Ahhh I feel content😇😇😇

To my utter surprise and great delight it was a

🎆Beautiful Slow Burn Romance🎆

I was about to cry because of all the little little tiny gestures and It's beauty 😢 the burn was so good my Heart 💕💕💕...............

I am obsessed with the idea of belated gratification
This book is exactly the accurate
Paradigm of belated gratification

First 30% was
Little slow but you know this is the zest of chick lit it takes time to settle in,
you wouldn't even know how you got wrapped around it'
Evgeny
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
DNF at 70%.

Warning: as the majority of the book is dealing with heroine's obsession with sex - or its absence to be exact - my review inevitably falls into R rating. So if you are under 18 stop reading right here, or your mom will make you stand in the corner and will not give you any sweets.

Caroline Reynolds led an exciting life of a single woman rapidly approaching her middle age: she was working hard finding fulfillment in her work, often went to a bar with two of her single girlfriends to ge
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
I realize that I'm probably in the minority here but while I found the story funny at times, I just didn't find it fulfilling. Caroline has a very unique way of thinking and comes across bit quirky which I like :) I really respected how Simon approached the development of this new relationship which made him all the more likeable as he could have blown our expectations out of the planet with how entangled his web was. Caroline and Simon felt a product of circumstance and matchmaking more than an ...more
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This book is effin' hilarious...... I was laughing non-stop for sure....And Harriet, my mate only made it double exciting

When I picked up the first page, I was

photo obama-laughing-gif-21038-hd-wallpapers.gif

And we move, 50% dear me,

photo tumblr_lvq9brKAnA1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

By 85% I was equally frustrated with her, chasing her Big O, and Simon is ain't helping at all! Damn, UST is way too much!

photo giphy.gif

photo tumblr_m8ypes47TW1rrm0c2.gif

Finally, I was screaming with at happiness at 92% and in love!

photo Mila-Kunis-Laughing-And-Wiping-The-Tears-Away-Reaction-Gif.gif

What I can say more, I really really had fun with Simon, Caroline, Clive (such a character)!!!!! Let's meet
Samantha Young
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and sexy! One of my favourites.
Ida
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Always good when what you need and what you want are the same things”

description
Adult characters ✅(Although there were definitely some childlike behaviour)
Slow burn romance ✅
Humor ✅(Maybe not as much as I anticipated, but still funny)
Smut ✅(A little "cringy" in some parts)

Caroline Reynolds has it all. A fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, the perfect job as a designer, an office overlooking the bay, a cat, great friends and time to bake and work out whenever it pleases her. What she doesn't ha
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“Fucking Wallbanger,” I hissed, frozed on the spot.
His grin slid off as well as he played place-the-face for a moment.
“Fucking Pink Nightie Girl.”

Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️
When I was a little younger, I sometimes had a crush on a boy I didn’t even know.
Just handsome boys I saw and thought I really liked.
When I thought about them I had all the stupid-teenage fantasies.
In these fantasies everything was perfect - he was nice, funny, cooking was no problem at all for him and he was actually liking me back.
AJ
Essential elements of a sensational romantic comedy novel:

Strong, sarcastically hilarious heroine – Check
Gorgeously sexy, hot hero – OMG, check, check and CHECK!!!!
Sizzling chemistry – Check
Hilariously rude flirting – Check
Wickedly sensational banter – HELL YEAH Check
Swoony romance – Check
Steam factor – Holy hell, CHECK!

Love, love, love this book! It was hilarious, gorgeously swoony, and so much fun!

“Fucking Wallbanger,” I hissed, frozen on the spot.
His grin slid off as well as he played pla
Fathima
Photobucket

This book cured me of my HUGE reading funk !!!!!

4 stars for the story and the humor + 1 extra star for the last two chapters ! Damn I loved that bit ..... a lot !

Goodreads just 'over capacity'ed me , so I'm gonna try posting my review another day !

In the mean time , READ this book ! Its fuckin hilarious and awesome !

Edit : 30/11/2012

Now, Backbone and Brain were solidly in the wait-for-sex camp, believing this essential to the foundation of this burgeoning relationship. LC ( Lower Ca
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ bookwormthoughts
5 Wallbanging Stars ♥

This is one of those stories that has made me fall completely and madly in book love, I can't believe I nearly never read it???? What was I thinking?!!

Sexual frustration
Wanting
Needing
Allowing yourself more
*All experienced in this book*

Wallbanger has a cast of wonderful characters led by our hero and heroine, Simon and Caroline, and featuring Clive, a cat.... lol, he's a comedy star!

The premise of the story is Caroline has a new neighbour, Simon.... he likes his ladies
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everybody
4 Simon Baker-The Mentalist, Flirty, Banter, Baked Goods Stars
**** Spoiler Free
Dear Ms. Clayton,
I am writing to you as I know you have a close personal relationship with Simon, Caroline and their posse. I wanted to first congratulate you on excellent taste. You telling us about these people in the way that you did, just brightened up my day. It was such a change to see grown up, evolved professionals behave as friends, looking out for one another and interacting in a respectful manner. That the
Jilly

I had a good time reading this with my friends at the abtastic ab-loving geishas, but I did find it a little juvenile and shallow. Funny - but juvenile and shallow.

The best part of the book was Clive the Cat. Clyde falls in love with a girl who meows, attacks his owner's new boyfriend's head, and even flips off Caroline.

"Shut it, Clive," I hissed. A paw came out through the crack and I swear he flipped me off...

I can honestly say that this is the first cat I've ever liked. I've always known
Shurrn
Wallbanger is the literary equivalent of a long night giggling with your best friend over cocktails & pints of ice-cream… It just makes you feel good

Nights like that might not be life altering… but they'll stick with you all the same. A fond memory you can draw on when you're having a rough day. This book will affect you in a similar way.

We all know the premise...
Caroline moves into a new condo and is repeatedly woken up by her neighbor's headboard banging into the wall...
After confronting th
Wendy Darling
This should probably be a 2 star rating because it wasn't awful, but I really just didn't like it at all. The sex wasn't spectacular, and I didn't find this as funny or cute or hot as everyone else seems to. Oh, well. ...more
Aileene

And the Wallbanger book is born.

The Abtastic Ab Loving Geishas

And the date was set & the Wallbanger enthusiasts started reading.

2-3 days after.

F* no. This is not a 5 star read.

Oh boy. *mouths* Someone's not happy.

Ok. To explain. It started out good. Really good, actually.
It was hilarious and the story held my interest....at first.
Heck, who wouldn't be addicted to you when you can squeeze orgasm out of a woman's vagina like I do with my juicing oranges every morning?
But while this was a cute read
Carol
So sad to DNF at 51% but if you have been following my status you would realize that it has taken me 4 days to get halfway through this respectable and humorous romance (that's definitely a long time for me).
So many friends commented on how much they enjoyed this book when I started reading it and I do feel really bad for not loving it more or even continuing to read.

Basically, this seems like a book on the surface of things that I should either "fall in love" with or at least enjoy alot. I must
Cast for the movie 31 1435 Oct 16, 2019 07:21AM
Eclectic Readers: Episode 38: Wallbanger 1 4 May 18, 2019 02:08PM
Challenge Corner: Wallbanger, by Alice Clayton - Starting May 15th 2019 2 9 May 02, 2019 04:52PM
Romances about getting back her "o" 1 34 Mar 12, 2018 05:20AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) By Alice Clayton - Restarting February 20th 2018 54 59 Mar 01, 2018 05:14PM
WALLBANGER FILM 26 1426 Jun 29, 2017 05:44AM

• Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Bossman
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)
  • RoomHate
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • The Hating Game
  • Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)
  • Archer's Voice
See top shelves…
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.

Cocktail (4 books)
  • Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)
  • Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)

Articles featuring this book

Get in the mood with our list of the top 100 romances of all time. We narrowed the field by limiting our results to books aimed at...
“He was wooing me. And I was letting him woo. I wanted the woo. I deserved the woo. I needed the wow that would surely follow the woo, but for now, the woo? It was whoa.” 614 likes
“Fucking Wallbanger,” I hissed, frozed on the spot.
His grin slid off as well as he played place-the-face for a moment. “Fucking Pink Nightie Girl.”
455 likes