Start by marking “Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue, #3)

Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  361 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Regan Kane arrived in San Diego with nothing but a violin, his car and what feels like a lifetime of grief. Although he’s surrounded by friends and music, one delivery from the post office reminds him that the past is always just around the corner. When he befriends a local bartender, Regan wonders if he's finally ready to let go.

Georgia Hall has spent most of her life in
Published December 11th 2013 by Andrea Randall (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Forty-Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Forty-Two

TeriLyn
Andrea Randall knocked me flat on my behind with Sweet Forty-Two. I LOVE the November Blue series. I read Bo and Ember's stories around this time last year and fell in love with the characters. Regan Kane was no exception so I'm really glad we get to experience his story. With that said, I was not expecting Sweet Forty-Two to be what it was, which is completely different than the first books in the series. Regan and Georgia's story is about healing, growing, and destroying major emotional walls. ...more
Joanne
4 sweet stars

This is a story about getting over the past and being able to move on to the future. Regan and Georgia both have complicated pasts that need to be dealt with before either of them can think of a future.
Regan is the sweet romantic who's been through hell but won't give up on love and Georgia is the cynic who can't give love a chance and has never let anyone get close.
As they both find ways to deal a friendship grows and they end up helping each other through some very difficult times
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“Just because you find better ways to deal with it, doesn’t mean it gets better.”

One of my all-time favorite series is Andrea Randall’s November Blue, so to say I had been anticipating getting my hands on this delicious morsel would be the understatement of the year. I kept my eyes peeled for teasers, grabbing up bits and pieces as she wrote it, savoring every last part. Because that is what you do with an AR book. You don’t simply read it, y
Rachel
In Sweet Forty-Two, the third novel in the November Blue series, the focus shifts to Regan. After the events in Reckless Abandon, he returns to the US recognizing that running away isn't lessening his grief. Georgia has her own secrets from everyone except CJ, who has known her since they were children. Both Regan and Georgia have to take some pretty big steps for themselves before they can even try to make anything work between them.

Regan is one of my favorite side characters from the first tw
Redheaded Bookworm
I've loved Regan since we first met him. I knew his book was going to be good, but I had no idea that I would come to love him even more. The way he is so unashamed to show true feelings is very refreshing. I am so glad Regan was able to find happiness after Rae. The grief that he finally let himself feel was overwhelming. I wanted to jump in and take away his pain. Thankfully Georgia was there to pick up the pieces and help him heal.

Georgia is, to use Regan's word, RAW. She says what she thin
Kim
Dec 08, 2013 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 4-stars
"Everyone's got an R-rated version of their pain, Georgia."

Regan Kane found a girl to love in Rae Cavanaugh, but then tragically lost her. A year later, Regan has returned from Ireland and is about to start recording in San Diego with Bo Cavanaugh and his lady love Ember. But thoughts of Rae are never far away. They are all still healing from their loss.

His cousin CJ comes to visit and introduces Regan to his old friend Georgia. She is a bartender and is a good contact for the musicians always
Lisa
Another FAVORITE of 2013!!

If you love a good soul-searing read, than you've come across the book for you. But it is detrimental to read the first two books in this series, so you truly know what is going on in the story and especially with these amazing character.

Regan, Regan, Regan!! He seriously owns my whole heart, and then some. I LOVE LOVE LOVE him, too much. If you've read, Reckless Abandon, then you remember how wonderful of a character he truly is. I felt like he came riding in on his h
Krystle *K&M's Book Haven*
One of the best parts of reading all of the works by specific authors is that you get to see the journey from their first books to their current work. Although I had some insta-love going on for the November Blue characters from my first read of Ten Days of Perfect, Andrea Randall keeps amazing me with each one of her releases. Her writing keeps getting better and better and her characters are more loveable even when I didn’t think it was possible to love them any more.

Sweet Forty-Two was a grea
Lindsay
Quick thoughts and short review from a proud beta reader! There is just something about Andrea Randall’s writing that I can’t get enough of. Her writing is like those darn cupcakes on that cover. She can take the simplest of sentences and turn it into a work of poetic art. I am biased, yes, but the average stars from other readers agree with me and don’t lie.

While this book is the 3rd in her November Blue series, it can totally be read as a stand alone and you will be just fine. This installment
Helen Stothard
This was a really deep, emotional read. It's also the book that kills off the old love interest in the most unusual way I've ever come across.

Regan is still trying to get over the death of his girlfriend, and Georgia... that girl is so messed up you wonder if she'll ever find herself, or give herself permission to live.

Throughout the book there's an interwoven theme of Alice in Wonderland, there's riddles and confusion, lots of Alice references, and it works really well.

First impressions, or rat
Leary
WARNING: If you have not read the first two books in the series, please do not continue on to read my review. As major events occurred in book 2 that shaped EVERYTHING that happened in book 3, you should not read on unless you want a MASSIVE spoiler. Seriously, I love this series and I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is literally impossible to write a review on Sweet Forty-Two without spoilers for the second book in the series. I.E. I personally do not believe this book should be read a ...more
Three Girls and a Book Obsession
Leary says

It’s no secret I love me some Andrea Randall. Ten Days of Perfect was one of my first Indie books and well, I couldn’t write a review to save my life, but that began my love affair.
Then came Reckless Abandon. I still couldn’t write a review, but my heart was ripped to shreds with this one. The character development…the new additions to the story…it was just a gut wrenching tale.
ANYWAY, all that lead up to Sweet Forty-Two. Now. You need to read these other two books before you read Sweet Forty-Tw
Alison Jansen
+I received a copy of Sweet Forty-Two in an exchange for an honest review as part of this Blog Tour+
This story is about a journey. I always talk about journeys and the more I think about it the more that I realise that life is the biggest journey, so this story is about life. It is about survival and friendship and compassion and patience, but above all it is a story about two people who help each other heal. Regan is still shattered by the death of his girlfriend Rae. (in Reckless Abandon - Nov
Pamela Carrion
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” Lewis Carroll

Alice in Wonderland + Randall Mind + Regan = Perfection

So it is no secret that I am totally in love with the November Blue Series. Ten Days of Perfect is how I first found Ms. Randall and I will forever be grateful for one clicking a cover with a lone guitar. I’ve be
Vera
FULL REVIEW OF ARC NOW POSTED :D 12/11/13

Book three picks up as Regan tries to move on after he lost Rae and he’s back in the States from Ireland. My heart aches for Regan as he struggles to get over Rae. Enter Georgia, she seems upbeat full of life but it seems like she’s a bucket full of life's miseries as well. She tries to keep a brave front like she doesn’t need anyone… She keeps everyone at arm’s length so they cannot hurt her, or she cannot hurt them. But, deep inside she has her own i
Kylee
This book is about finding that other person who can help find the part of you that has been lost. Regan is lost without Rae and has difficulty finding the strength to move on. Georgia puts everyone else first, and doesn't have the strength to give in to love. The two find each other, although very against each other, and build each others trust up to let the past go.
Sweet Forty-Two follows right where Reckless Abandon finishes. Bo and Ember are still involved in the story, but the focus is on R
Shannon
Wow this book was sooo good! After I read Reckless Abandon I couldn't wait to read more about Regan especially after the way it ended for him. I was curious how he was going to be able to fall in love again and just move on. And Georgia...damn she was so complicated and fascinating! I was like Regan I just wanted to know more about her and unravel the layers to her. And bonus...she BAKES! My favorite parts happened around her baking. Oh and the fact that the cover actually represents something i ...more
Nicole
It took me a little bit to get into this one but I think it was because I wasn't able to read consistently. A page here, a page there and I just wasn't connecting. But somewhere along the way, I fell into the pages and couldn't get out. I pretty much cried during the last bit of the book and if you've followed my reviews at all, you know that if you can make me cry in a book then you've got me! Overall, it really was just a beautiful story that me wanting more of Regan!
Philomena Callan
Loved this story. This is Regans story. He needs to deal with a tragic past that life threw at him. While trying to heal he bumps into Georgia.
What a complex character Georgia is. She's dealing with a lot & it's going to take a lot for anyone to break down the barriers.
I've not read any of the other books in this series. I was given this one to read & review for a blog tour. I'll definetly be reading the other two as the author had me gripped.
Received in return for an honest review.
Anne OK
The bittersweet beginning of Regan and Georgia's story makes the rest all the more sweeter. Characters that will melt your heart, keep your fingers crossed from start to finish hoping that they'll be able to overcome the burdens of their pasts, and together take that first step towards a brighter future filled with love and happiness.

A beautifully written gem that was a thoroughly enjoyable read to close out 2014.
Melissa Brown
I loved this story----Georgia is, by far, my favorite female character from Andrea Randall. Regan is wonderful too! Their story is realistic and beautiful. Loved it!
D
I absolutely love this series!!!!

Ok so let me start with, you do not have to read the first two to understand and enjoy Sweet Forty- Two. However, there are characters a parts of the story line that come from the first two.

It's no secret I fell in love with book #1 Ten Days of Perfect. This was Andrea Randall's first book. It was good… really good. Well, with each book Randall gives us a bit more of who she is as a writer. She shows a little more heart and a little more of what goes on up in th
ChuCha
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

And I was hooked!

Everyone’s got an R-rated version of their pain, Georgia.

Georgia Hall doesn’t believe in happy endings and prince charming. At a young age, her life was technically put on hold while she watch her successful mother being pulverized alive by her mental illness. Since mental illness is hereditary and she’s afraid that she too might catch it – Georgia tries her best to distance herself when people get too close to her.

Ju
Stacey
Andrea Randall has done it again and knocked another one out of the park. Not only sailing over the fence, but in a dramatic grand slam, four runs scoring to win the game fashion. Saying that I loved this book just isn’t adequately describing the true level of adoration that I have for this story.
First of all, the November Blue series is one of my all time favorites. The juicy plot, the relatable characters, and her seamless writing style are all enough to make you continue to pick up your kind
Tbird London
Sweet Forty-Two is the third book in the November Blue series. I highly recommend that you read the first two books first so you can really embrace Regan's story. While he didn't play huge roles in the first two books, he has the kind of personality that you meet him once and never forget him.

Regan took some time for himself to reflect back on the events that had changed his life. He needed some solitude to recover his peace. Once he decided it was time to go back to the land of the living he l
Sally
It's no secret that I am a huge Andrea Randall fan. Like, when we became Facebook friends, I seriously fan-girl screamed. I had fallen in love with her reading In The Stillness and devoured 10 Days of Perfect and Reckless Abandon. So...when she asked me to beta read Sweet Forty-Two I was beside myself and so very honored. And let me just say this: As much as I loved 10 Days and RA, this book is by far the best of the series thus far. It is brilliant. There is just no other word for it. So on wit ...more
All The Raeje Book Blog
I love this book. Well let's be honest here, I love all of Andrea Randall's books. Usually with a series the first captures you and while the rest are good they kind of wane down on the wow factor as the series goes. Ms. Randall definitely does not apply here. When reading an Andrea Randall novel a few things are a must have.

1. Tissues and a lot of them

2. A place to discard said tissues, because who wants to be sitting in a mountain of dirty tissues.

3. Two bottles of wine. A rich, full flavored
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
***Spoilers to Ten Days and Reckless Abandon below. Do not read this review if you have not read book 1 and 2 in this series.***

I love Andrea Randall and her November Blue Series. I read the first two and really fell in love with her writing style and characters.

Sweet Forty Two is about Regan who we met in book two Reckless Abandon. He is a soulful violin player who Bo and Ember befriend. He also was the gorgeous boyfriend to Bo’s sister Rae before she was tragically killed. He is just truly an
Nancy's Romance Reads
4 BEAUTIFUL HEALING STARS!

description

First I have to confess that I have not read the first two books in this series: Ten Days of Perfect and Reckless Abandon. I found out too late that it was better to read this series in order. That being said... I do not regret anything because I loved this book! It was a beautiful, beautiful story.

No spoilers here. I wish that if you read this series you enjoy every moment as it comes in each book by hopefully reading the series in order. ;)

I found this story to be abo
  • The Accidentally on Purpose Trilogy (Accidentally on Purpose, #1-3)
  • Girl of Lies (Rachel's Peril, #1)
  • Unwanted Stars (Love of My Life, #4)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • Dark Passions (Dark Romance Boxed Set)
  • Out of the Ashes (The Ashes Series #1)
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • The Miles Between Us (Jackson Falls, #5)
  • America's Bravest (America's Bravest, #1-6)
  • Forgotten Yesterday (These Days #2)
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Running From Forever (The Forever Series, #5)
  • So Much It Hurts (So Much It Hurts, #1)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • The Off Series Boxed Set: Books 1-5 (Off, #1-5)
  • Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)

Currently working on a new New Adult series,titled, "Jesus Freaks".

Titles Now Available:

5. Bo & Ember

Novellas (stand-alones):
1. Something's Come Up
2. Bar Crawl

I started writing poetry long before writing fiction. I firmly believe Poetry is a solid foundation for all othe
More about Andrea Randall...

November Blue (6 books)
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
  • Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
  • Marrying Ember (November Blue, #3.5)
  • Bo & Ember (November Blue, #4)
  • November Blue Boxed Set (November Blue, #1-4)
In the Stillness Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1) Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2) Nocturne Marrying Ember (November Blue, #3.5)