Start by marking “Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue, #3)

Sweet Forty-Two (November Blue #3)

Regan Kane arrived in San Diego with nothing but a violin, his car and what feels like a lifetime of grief. Although he’s surrounded by friends and music, one delivery from the post office reminds him that the past is always just around the corner. When he befriends a local bartender, Regan wonders if he's finally ready to let go.

Georgia Hall has spent most of her life in
Published December 11th 2013 by Andrea Randall (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Forty-Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Forty-Two

TeriLyn
Dec 04, 2013 TeriLyn rated it it was amazing
Andrea Randall knocked me flat on my behind with Sweet Forty-Two. I LOVE the November Blue series. I read Bo and Ember's stories around this time last year and fell in love with the characters. Regan Kane was no exception so I'm really glad we get to experience his story. With that said, I was not expecting Sweet Forty-Two to be what it was, which is completely different than the first books in the series. Regan and Georgia's story is about healing, growing, and destroying major emotional walls. ...more
Joanne
May 26, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-it-tbr
4 sweet stars

This is a story about getting over the past and being able to move on to the future. Regan and Georgia both have complicated pasts that need to be dealt with before either of them can think of a future.
Regan is the sweet romantic who's been through hell but won't give up on love and Georgia is the cynic who can't give love a chance and has never let anyone get close.
As they both find ways to deal a friendship grows and they end up helping each other through some very difficult times
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Oct 27, 2013 Sarah - Books to Breathe rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“Just because you find better ways to deal with it, doesn’t mean it gets better.”

One of my all-time favorite series is Andrea Randall’s November Blue, so to say I had been anticipating getting my hands on this delicious morsel would be the understatement of the year. I kept my eyes peeled for teasers, grabbing up bits and pieces as she wrote it, savoring every last part. Because that is what you do with an AR book. You don’t simply read it, y
Krystle *K&M's Book Haven*
Oct 27, 2013 Krystle *K&M's Book Haven* rated it it was amazing
One of the best parts of reading all of the works by specific authors is that you get to see the journey from their first books to their current work. Although I had some insta-love going on for the November Blue characters from my first read of Ten Days of Perfect, Andrea Randall keeps amazing me with each one of her releases. Her writing keeps getting better and better and her characters are more loveable even when I didn’t think it was possible to love them any more.

Sweet Forty-Two was a grea
Oct 27, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret I love me some Andrea Randall. Ten Days of Perfect was one of my first Indie books and well, I couldn’t write a review to save my life, but that began my love affair.
Then came Reckless Abandon. I still couldn’t write a review, but my heart was ripped to shreds with this one. The character development…the new additions to the story…it was just a gut wrenching tale.
ANYWAY, all that lead up to Sweet Forty-Two. Now. You need to read these other two books before you read Sweet Forty-Tw
Lisa
Oct 27, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Another FAVORITE of 2013!!

If you love a good soul-searing read, than you've come across the book for you. But it is detrimental to read the first two books in this series, so you truly know what is going on in the story and especially with these amazing character.

Regan, Regan, Regan!! He seriously owns my whole heart, and then some. I LOVE LOVE LOVE him, too much. If you've read, Reckless Abandon, then you remember how wonderful of a character he truly is. I felt like he came riding in on his h
Kim
Oct 27, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
"Everyone's got an R-rated version of their pain, Georgia."

Regan Kane found a girl to love in Rae Cavanaugh, but then tragically lost her. A year later, Regan has returned from Ireland and is about to start recording in San Diego with Bo Cavanaugh and his lady love Ember. But thoughts of Rae are never far away. They are all still healing from their loss.

His cousin CJ comes to visit and introduces Regan to his old friend Georgia. She is a bartender and is a good contact for the musicians always
Vera
Dec 01, 2013 Vera rated it it was amazing
FULL REVIEW OF ARC NOW POSTED :D 12/11/13

Book three picks up as Regan tries to move on after he lost Rae and he’s back in the States from Ireland. My heart aches for Regan as he struggles to get over Rae. Enter Georgia, she seems upbeat full of life but it seems like she’s a bucket full of life's miseries as well. She tries to keep a brave front like she doesn’t need anyone… She keeps everyone at arm’s length so they cannot hurt her, or she cannot hurt them. But, deep inside she has her own i
Alison Jansen
Nov 30, 2013 Alison Jansen rated it really liked it
+I received a copy of Sweet Forty-Two in an exchange for an honest review as part of this Blog Tour+
This story is about a journey. I always talk about journeys and the more I think about it the more that I realise that life is the biggest journey, so this story is about life. It is about survival and friendship and compassion and patience, but above all it is a story about two people who help each other heal. Regan is still shattered by the death of his girlfriend Rae. (in Reckless Abandon - Nov
Rachel
Nov 30, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
In Sweet Forty-Two, the third novel in the November Blue series, the focus shifts to Regan. After the events in Reckless Abandon, he returns to the US recognizing that running away isn't lessening his grief. Georgia has her own secrets from everyone except CJ, who has known her since they were children. Both Regan and Georgia have to take some pretty big steps for themselves before they can even try to make anything work between them.

Regan is one of my favorite side characters from the first tw
Pamela Carrion
Oct 27, 2013 Pamela Carrion rated it it was amazing
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” Lewis Carroll

Alice in Wonderland + Randall Mind + Regan = Perfection

So it is no secret that I am totally in love with the November Blue Series. Ten Days of Perfect is how I first found Ms. Randall and I will forever be grateful for one clicking a cover with a lone guitar. I’ve be
Leary
Dec 10, 2013 Leary rated it really liked it
WARNING: If you have not read the first two books in the series, please do not continue on to read my review. As major events occurred in book 2 that shaped EVERYTHING that happened in book 3, you should not read on unless you want a MASSIVE spoiler. Seriously, I love this series and I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is literally impossible to write a review on Sweet Forty-Two without spoilers for the second book in the series. I.E. I personally do not believe this book should be read a ...more
Three Girls and a Book Obsession
Dec 10, 2013 Three Girls and a Book Obsession rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-leary
Leary says

Redheaded Bookworm
Dec 04, 2013 Redheaded Bookworm rated it it was amazing
I've loved Regan since we first met him. I knew his book was going to be good, but I had no idea that I would come to love him even more. The way he is so unashamed to show true feelings is very refreshing. I am so glad Regan was able to find happiness after Rae. The grief that he finally let himself feel was overwhelming. I wanted to jump in and take away his pain. Thankfully Georgia was there to pick up the pieces and help him heal.

Georgia is, to use Regan's word, RAW. She says what she thin
Helen Stothard
Dec 10, 2013 Helen Stothard rated it really liked it
This was a really deep, emotional read. It's also the book that kills off the old love interest in the most unusual way I've ever come across.

Regan is still trying to get over the death of his girlfriend, and Georgia... that girl is so messed up you wonder if she'll ever find herself, or give herself permission to live.

Throughout the book there's an interwoven theme of Alice in Wonderland, there's riddles and confusion, lots of Alice references, and it works really well.

First impressions, or rat
Lindsay
Oct 29, 2013 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Quick thoughts and short review from a proud beta reader! There is just something about Andrea Randall’s writing that I can’t get enough of. Her writing is like those darn cupcakes on that cover. She can take the simplest of sentences and turn it into a work of poetic art. I am biased, yes, but the average stars from other readers agree with me and don’t lie.

While this book is the 3rd in her November Blue series, it can totally be read as a stand alone and you will be just fine. This installment
Kylee
Dec 03, 2013 Kylee rated it really liked it
This book is about finding that other person who can help find the part of you that has been lost. Regan is lost without Rae and has difficulty finding the strength to move on. Georgia puts everyone else first, and doesn't have the strength to give in to love. The two find each other, although very against each other, and build each others trust up to let the past go.
Sweet Forty-Two follows right where Reckless Abandon finishes. Bo and Ember are still involved in the story, but the focus is on R
Shannon
Oct 27, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Wow this book was sooo good! After I read Reckless Abandon I couldn't wait to read more about Regan especially after the way it ended for him. I was curious how he was going to be able to fall in love again and just move on. And Georgia...damn she was so complicated and fascinating! I was like Regan I just wanted to know more about her and unravel the layers to her. And bonus...she BAKES! My favorite parts happened around her baking. Oh and the fact that the cover actually represents something i ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 04, 2013 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. This is Regans story. He needs to deal with a tragic past that life threw at him. While trying to heal he bumps into Georgia.
What a complex character Georgia is. She's dealing with a lot & it's going to take a lot for anyone to break down the barriers.
I've not read any of the other books in this series. I was given this one to read & review for a blog tour. I'll definetly be reading the other two as the author had me gripped.
Received in return for an honest review.
Anne OK
Jan 15, 2014 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
The bittersweet beginning of Regan and Georgia's story makes the rest all the more sweeter. Characters that will melt your heart, keep your fingers crossed from start to finish hoping that they'll be able to overcome the burdens of their pasts, and together take that first step towards a brighter future filled with love and happiness.

A beautifully written gem that was a thoroughly enjoyable read to close out 2014.
Nicole
It took me a little bit to get into this one but I think it was because I wasn't able to read consistently. A page here, a page there and I just wasn't connecting. But somewhere along the way, I fell into the pages and couldn't get out. I pretty much cried during the last bit of the book and if you've followed my reviews at all, you know that if you can make me cry in a book then you've got me! Overall, it really was just a beautiful story that me wanting more of Regan!
Melissa Brown
Oct 27, 2013 Melissa Brown rated it it was amazing
I loved this story----Georgia is, by far, my favorite female character from Andrea Randall. Regan is wonderful too! Their story is realistic and beautiful. Loved it!
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “cupcake” “Alice in Wonderland” Kisses

Phew…well, that was an intense rollercoaster. I feel…raw. Like every drop of sadness has been rung out of my body and laid bare. And the sad thing is, I knew what I was getting myself into and I still asked for more. Why? Because I absolutely love these characters to bits and pieces. So…even though it meant more hurt and pain, probably more than I was expecting (who am I kidding, it was way worse than I expected)…I to
All The Raeje Book Blog
Oct 27, 2013 All The Raeje Book Blog rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Well let's be honest here, I love all of Andrea Randall's books. Usually with a series the first captures you and while the rest are good they kind of wane down on the wow factor as the series goes. Ms. Randall definitely does not apply here. When reading an Andrea Randall novel a few things are a must have.

1. Tissues and a lot of them

2. A place to discard said tissues, because who wants to be sitting in a mountain of dirty tissues.

3. Two bottles of wine. A rich, full flavored
Nancy's Romance Reads
Oct 30, 2013 Nancy's Romance Reads rated it really liked it
4 BEAUTIFUL HEALING STARS!

description

First I have to confess that I have not read the first two books in this series: Ten Days of Perfect and Reckless Abandon. I found out too late that it was better to read this series in order. That being said... I do not regret anything because I loved this book! It was a beautiful, beautiful story.

No spoilers here. I wish that if you read this series you enjoy every moment as it comes in each book by hopefully reading the series in order. ;)

I found this story to be abo
Sally
Oct 27, 2013 Sally rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I am a huge Andrea Randall fan. Like, when we became Facebook friends, I seriously fan-girl screamed. I had fallen in love with her reading In The Stillness and devoured 10 Days of Perfect and Reckless Abandon. So...when she asked me to beta read Sweet Forty-Two I was beside myself and so very honored. And let me just say this: As much as I loved 10 Days and RA, this book is by far the best of the series thus far. It is brilliant. There is just no other word for it. So on wit ...more
LivesandBreathesBookBlog
Dec 14, 2013 LivesandBreathesBookBlog rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

If you haven’t read the first two books in this series, please do not continue with this review, there are major spoilers!

I was so excited when I found out that Regan was getting his own book. I loved his character when reading Reckless Abandon, and of course, my heart shattered for him, Bo and November with the events that took place.

At the start of this book, six months have passed since the incident that sent Regan to hide out in Ireland. He has now moved to San Diego to record wit
Stacey
Oct 27, 2013 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Andrea Randall has done it again and knocked another one out of the park. Not only sailing over the fence, but in a dramatic grand slam, four runs scoring to win the game fashion. Saying that I loved this book just isn’t adequately describing the true level of adoration that I have for this story.
First of all, the November Blue series is one of my all time favorites. The juicy plot, the relatable characters, and her seamless writing style are all enough to make you continue to pick up your kind
ChuCha
Dec 15, 2013 ChuCha rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

And I was hooked!

Everyone’s got an R-rated version of their pain, Georgia.

Georgia Hall doesn’t believe in happy endings and prince charming. At a young age, her life was technically put on hold while she watch her successful mother being pulverized alive by her mental illness. Since mental illness is hereditary and she’s afraid that she too might catch it – Georgia tries her best to distance herself when people get too close to her.

Ju
Tbird London
Dec 13, 2013 Tbird London rated it it was amazing
Sweet Forty-Two is the third book in the November Blue series. I highly recommend that you read the first two books first so you can really embrace Regan's story. While he didn't play huge roles in the first two books, he has the kind of personality that you meet him once and never forget him.

Regan took some time for himself to reflect back on the events that had changed his life. He needed some solitude to recover his peace. Once he decided it was time to go back to the land of the living he l
  • This Bundle Part 1
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
  • The Accidentally on Purpose Trilogy (Accidentally on Purpose, #1-3)
  • The Miles Between Us (Jackson Falls, #5)
  • America's Bravest (Hidden Cove Firefighters #4)
  • Dark Passions (Dark Romance Boxed Set)
  • Something's Come Up
  • The Price of Love
  • Out of the Ashes (Ashes #1)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • Running From Forever (The Forever Series, #5)
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • It's Not Over (The Do Over, #2)
  • Intertwined Hearts (Intertwined Hearts, #1)

Currently working on a new New Adult series,titled, "Jesus Freaks".

Titles Now Available:

5. Bo & Ember

Novellas (stand-alones):
1. Something's Come Up
2. Bar Crawl

I started writing poetry long before writing fiction. I firmly believe Poetry is a solid foundation for all othe
More about Andrea Randall...

November Blue (6 books)
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
  • Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
  • Marrying Ember (November Blue, #3.5)
  • Bo & Ember (November Blue, #4)
  • November Blue Boxed Set (November Blue, #1-4)