Start by marking “Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)

Some like It Sinful

(A Perfect Recipe #2)

Their attraction is sinfully delicious…

A struggling business and one act of vandalism may have brought them together, but bakery owner Chloe Nelson and professional hockey player Griffin Lange get along like chocolate and pickles. Chloe needs the famous (and famously unattached) Griffin to attract people to her pastries, and Griffin needs the curvaceous and fiery Chloe to
Published November 25th 2013 by Entangled: Edge

To ask other readers questions about Some like It Sinful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some like It Sinful

Claire Robinson
4 I'm Loving This Series Stars.

Some Like It Sinful is book 2 in the A Perfect Recipe Series. I really liked the first book Some Like It Spicy, but Robbie Terman has taken it to the next level with book 2.

Chloe Nelson has realised her lifelong dream and has just opened the Happy Ending Bakery, unfortunately a national bakery chain Goody Luv, is planning to open up a new shop opposite her own, which could essentially bankrupt her before she even gets the chance to fully open her doors.

In steps G
Tanu Gill
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hadn't been expecting to, but I really liked this book. It has been written far better than the first one, with consistent writing patterns. There were some grammatical errors, but not too many.

I liked the cocky, sassy Griffin. But I liked the Griffin-in-love version even more! His character was so true to the jock he was. It was amazing to witness him arrive at the realisation that it wasn't his superstitions, but his drive, passion, determination and hard work, that got his team the ultimate
Ann
Despite some early laughs the on again, off again relationship just made me dizzy. They were a fake couple, then a real couple, then they were off, then on, then fake...just too damn much. The story certainly leaves you wondering how it will all end with the plot moving all over the place. Just when I thought it would go one direction it veered elsewhere constantly changing. And the H is pretty self absorbed not sure what he wants until the very end. The h has her head in the clouds wanting the ...more
Dee
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-gifts
serious pastry craving right now
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
When Griffin Lange, an aging professional hockey captain runs afoul of the law, the DA decides she's had it with celebrities getting away with practically murder, and wants to bring the book down on him. Fortunately for Griffin, the DA has a sister she wants to help, and that's where her brilliant idea comes wherein Griffin is to work 200 hours community service at her sister's soon-to-open bakery, or he'll be heading to prison instead.

Griffin and Chloe's first meeting is less than happy. Their
Kristiej
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, hockey
3.5 out of 5

This is yet another recent hockey romance I’ve read recently. I’m waiting for the weather to stay warm and the hockey playoffs to be done so the baseball romances will start calling my name again. But in the meantime I’ll just follow where I’m called.

I’m not sure where I found out about this one, but I got in my book buying frenzy. I like this one, it’s very cute. Our hero, Griffin Lane seems to have it all. He’s a very successful hockey player who’s made it big in the NHL. Though he
Denise Van plew
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful hot enjoyable read that I ate right up. Part of a series but can be read as a stand alone and first time reading of this author she does have the recipes right for winners. Chloe has almost finalized her dream of opening her own bakery but OH NO right across the street there is a sign of competition coming soon and a popular chain one no less. In a panic calls her sister who also happens to be a assistant district attorney to vent and possibly later acquire assistance. Then ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Some Like It Sinful. Robbie Terman.

Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.
I'm a sucker for a romance, one that has something extra to lift it about the bland offerings that proliferate the book lists. I know many many people love those, I need something more though :) Anyway, Robbie delivers that here. This book made me laugh, and made me sad ( that's always needed for balance IMO.) I guessed part of the plot but that's fine, it was written well and didn't spoil my enjoyment. There are some gr
Evelyn
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a hilarious 2nd book in the Perfect Recipe series. I received an ARC of this book and was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting a 2nd book but I think I might like this one even better. I loved the authors sense of humor! The banter between the characters was so funny and was probably my fav part of the book. I liked that the female character gave as good as she got. Who doesn't like a smart ass heroine?

Griffin is a hockey player nearing the end of his career and not happy about it.
Lori
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a great story that truly makes you want some sweet treats. Chloe being the pastry chef is a delight. She is not meek fragile woman, but a strong sticks up for herself woman. I loved her fire and feistiness. She goes toe to toe with Griffin. I loved their sarcastic bantering they had with each other. Their chemistry was explosive and it was great to see it play out over several months with them still doubting their relationship w
Nikki
This is a deliciously sweet romance! Chloe is following her dream, opening a bakery; unfortunately, a chain bakery has decided to set up shop across the street. Griffin is a hot hockey player who's sadly getting up in age to play the game. At a formal party he makes a stupid decision which leads him to face either jail time or community service. The DA decides to throw him a bone, or cookie as the case may be, and sets him up to work his community hours with her sister (Chloe) which will have th ...more
Patricia
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book had my emotions all over the place. Chloe and Griffin's characters had me doubled over with laughter as much as they had me frustrated with their personal issues. In a sense it was what a modern day fairy tale with a sexy..frustrating hockey player and a pastry chef. Believe me this book is entertaining and way better than I described. This is another author to put on my fun to read list.
Ayekah
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a fun, romantic read with a hockey player and a baker that makes you want to devour the closest pastries. Griffin is a pro hockey player who is just about to age out of the sport but won't be happy until he brings the team he captains one last Stanley Cup. He's a rowdy, wealthy, devil may care playboy who spends his time reveling in his glory days, having the team rookies as his captive audience. One in particular. When a night at a charity ball goes horribly wrong for him after commande ...more
Laurie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy Endings Is Not Just a Good Bakery Name

Chloe Nelson, pastry chef extraordinaire, is opening her dream bakery, Happy Endings, when she learns that a very popular chain bakery will be opening across the street from her store. Chloe, having grown up in a very dysfunctional family, with her parents dying when she was 13, hopes that some day her Prince would come and she'd have a life different than that of her parents.

Griffin Lange, a somewhat famous hockey player who is aging toward retiremen
Janine
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was yet another I downloaded free from a Bookbub deal. After finishing and thoroughly enjoying Faking It, I just couldn’t resist yet another free romance download. This one found new bakery owner Chloe Nelson struggling to get her business off the ground. When a chain competition threatens to open up right across the street from Chloe’s bakery, she panics calling her older sister, Sylvia for help.

As luck would have it Sylvia is the assistant district attorney for Chicago. She uses her
Melena Torretta
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs, 2018
Chloe and Griffin find themselves thrown together even though they are not each other's biggest fan.

Griffin plays hockey for the Chicago Brawlers and Chloe is about to achieve her dream of opening a bakery. The author did a nice job of making both of them well rounded. It isn't that interesting to read about characters without their own dreams and interests, but that is not a problem here.

Their back and forth is fun to read, and I liked being able to read the story from both their points of view
Susanne M.
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost as good as chocolate!

Ok....maybe better than that. A sports story where a team sticks together. A bakery that struggled to open, to survive and then excelled. A couple thrown together, grew together, taught each other and yes.....got their happy ending. Overall quality of writing and proofreading was really good. No cheating or cliffhanger and some steamy intimacy scenes too. Enjoy!
Kim
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot

This is about a woman with a bakery that is stuck with a hockey player. She is not a sports fan and knows nothing about hockey. The hockey player is arrogant and thinks he can buy his way out of anything. This is cute chick lit, but you knew who the villian was way before the reveal.
Jamie
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the characters. I want to read the other stories in the series. The storyline wasn’t perfect. Some parts I hated. Some parts I predicted. However, Chloe and Griffin were so sweet, I can easily overlook the bad.
Suzette
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you love sappy love stories this is perfect for you. It is the perfect fairytale romance complete with the villain and the prince on a white horse. The story is lighthearted and funny and gives you a good feeling as you read.
Jane
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most enjoyable

This was a good fake to real story that is sure to put a smile on readers’ faces. The characters are believable and I will be looking for more of this author’s work.
Silke
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: curvy-heroine
Started good, developed however with too much drama.
Julie Ziegmann
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was very good. The characters were quirky and kept the storyline moving.
Danielle
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
As a hockey fan, I found the hockey "knowledge" in this book to be highly irritating. NHL doesn't work like that. Do a little research or put your players in a different sport/league.
Mary  Aquino
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and sweet

Griffin and Chloe are mismatched....or ARE they? Love the mixing of two diverse worlds and opposing personalities. Does she get her Prince? Read it and find out.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prince charming

Prince charming is a dream. But Chloe hockey guy is definitely Mr. right. And mister coach to. Gotta love a guy who will go the extra mile.
Christine D
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved Griffin but Chloe's character constantly plagued with back and forth of "I love him but this can't work" got annoying.
it was hot though!
Holly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny

Good Book, I loved the characters and the story. It has romance and is also funny and serious. This book does have the perfect recipe.
eva
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Mandi Morgan
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the the story till 3/4 the way. It was fun and entertaining. But then the story turned kinda sad and it felt like a different story. It ends on a cute note though.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tempted by Trouble
  • Whisper
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • Not in Love With Kale Eddison
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Kilty Pleasure (The McLaughlins, #2)
  • Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Party Crasher
  • Unbreakable (Shadow Destroyers, #1)
  • Hold Me Until Midnight (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • Mr. Virile and the Girl Next Door
  • Summer Fling
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • The Next Contestant
Robbie Terman began her journey as a writer in third grade, when she completed her first (24-page) "novel." Many years later, she is published in contemporary romance. Her heroines are feisty, her heroes Hot (yup, that's with a capital H!). And, when you read her books, if you tear up a little and laugh a lot, that's just the reaction she was hoping for.

Robbie lives in Michigan and spend s her ti

A Perfect Recipe (3 books)
  • Some like It Spicy (A Perfect Recipe, #1)
  • Some like It Sizzling (A Perfect Recipe, #3)