Start by marking “Fair Play (Hat Trick, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fair Play (Hat Trick, #1)

Fair Play (Hat Trick #1)

Savannah Morrison is the new athletic trainer for the Moncton Ice Cats, a professional hockey team in the wilds of New Brunswick. It's a good thing she's got plenty of knowledge and grit, because as the only female trainer in the league, she has to work twice as hard to win the players' respect. The last thing on earth she would do is date one of them.

Twelve-year hockey v
ebook, 1
Published October 25th 2013 by Loch Awe Press

To ask other readers questions about Fair Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fair Play

R * A Reader Obsessed *
Mar 02, 2016 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-m-m, sports
3.5 almost 4 Stars???

It takes a lot for me to read M/F. A lot. And because I've come to really like Samantha Wayland's hockey universe (that includes a myriad of books not advertised to be linked together) and all of its characters, I was definitely curious about this despite the presence of a female MC.

Have no fear. Garrick is one fine specimen of a man. No complaints here. Though Savannah had some commonly seen bouts of female insecurity and resistance, she overall was a strong character who
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Story Appreciation = 1 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [$Free on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Moderate
284 pages

Love the cover and the title. LOVE a sports romance.

I didn't really like this one. I'm disappointed.

I read it feeling very disconnected. I'm not sure why, but had to make myself read it. I kept thinking it would grab me, but it didn't
Claudia
Jun 01, 2015 Claudia rated it liked it
ok - I read this one but obviously I forgot reviewing.

all in all, it was quite good but not spectacular ... but a nice read
Dee
Aug 30, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it
pretty sure i needed a bucket of ice water dumped over my head at one stage to cool my down
Ivy Deluca
Feb 23, 2014 Ivy Deluca rated it really liked it
Shelves: mmf
The Premise
Savannah Morrison is the new athletic trainer for the Moncton Ice Cats, a professional hockey team in the wilds of New Brunswick. She’s doing everything to establish herself in a male-dominated field, and has to deal with being the only straight female under sixty, so she gets hit on working for the Ice Cats. Alot. Matter of fact, the first person to hit on her is Garrick LeBlanc, a twelve year veteran of the EHL. He isn’t ready to retire but he is depending on Savannah to keep him go
Oct 27, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
When I heard Samantha had written another book, I stopped what I was reading and 1-clicked Fair Play earlier this afternoon. Now it's 2am and I could not put it down. At first, I thought it was starting out a bit slow, but then I got completely sucked into the characters and the life with the Ice Cats, a pro hockey team in New Brunswick. I feel a book hangover coming on. Now that I've seen the trailers for the next two books in the series, I understand a little of the extra dialogue and backgrou ...more
Selipperydickdip
Loved it, easy read, well written...

Garrick LeBlanc... must surely be a woman's dream man ... smoking hot, sexy, a beast in bed, dependable and he has the right tool for the job!!!!

Savannah Morrison... love her gutsy can do attitude and her open mindedness to explore the wild side with the right person and she's sexy to boot!!!
Talltree
Jul 27, 2015 Talltree rated it liked it
Suze
Mar 09, 2017 Suze rated it really liked it
3.5/4*
Fiesty female lead. Hidden depths male lead. Ice hockey.
Fun frolics with Savannah and Garrick trying - not very hard - to resist each other whilst trying to save their hockey team from nasty people who become more nasty and horrid as the book develops.
Once they join forces, there's no stopping them - sex all the time! Even when Garrick has a concussion - they build them hockey players strong.
A fast paced, fun sexy read.
Blue
Mar 03, 2017 Blue rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f-erotica
Ice hockey, fit blokes, strong woman battling against the patriarchy to be taken seriously at her job, 2 m/c's thrown together in the face of adversity, hot sex, nasty bad guys, love ensues. I enjoyed it, it was fun, but it's not going in my special pile. Bonus points awarded for our heroine NOT have her man sort out all her problems. Double bonus points for her skills with gaffer tape.
✿-Anna-✿
It was okay... not too bad, a little unrealistic when it came to the running off the team and the mob/bad guys... but the romance that developed was good Garrison and Savanna were very kinky

Can't wait to see how their love live gets kinkier in the next book.
Dec 04, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Bit slow in places but good characters
Christi Snow
Oct 28, 2013 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:
First thought when I finished: When are books #2 and #3 coming out??? I really, really enjoyed this book!! I truly do love sports themed books and this is a great one centered around hockey.

Savannah is the new female trainer for a professional hockey team. As the only female in the league doing this job, she has to work extra hard to maintain her professionalism in the face of the rough and rowdy hockey players. Being asked out first thing on the job by the team's 12 year veteran and r
Tonileg
Feb 01, 2014 Tonileg rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle, sports
I love watching hockey live at a game. There is nothing else like the mixture of excitement, sweat and aggression that comes together in a great game ... so needless to say when I see a hockey themed book, I tend to get excited. Its even better when it is free for kindle!
So I have my hopes up for this story even before I click on the screen.
Savannah Morrison is the new athletic trainer for the Moncton Ice Cats Hockey team so she is new in town and instead of making friends with the natives and h
Steph
Nov 09, 2014 Steph rated it really liked it
Savannah is in a difficult position...she loves her job as a trainer for a hockey team but as a female she has a hard time getting everyone on the team to take her seriously. The first day on the job, Garrick hits on her and lives up to his reputation. Now several weeks later when drama happens with one of the guys on the team, Savannah begins to see Garrick in a different light and she finds herself fighting his pull.

When they finally give in to their passions and truths are exposed things get
Beccie
Apr 26, 2014 Beccie rated it really liked it
Not a bad read at all. If you're looking for a little kink in your contemporary this is a good one. I liked that the characters weren't hiding or trying to get past tortured pasts as a lot of books are. Garrick isn't a rich gazillionaire and Samantha isn't the stumbling bumbling meek character either so that was great. I didn't expect Garrick's bisexuality at all, that was a surprise. Not sure I'll read the others in this series as they delve into Garrick taking a friend lover upon Samantha's su ...more
Erin
I LOVED this.

Just absolutely loved it.

I liked Garrick.

I liked Savannah.

I understood both their motivations for all their actions.
I liked the suspense element, which I thought was very well done and blended nicely.
I loved the Hockey element.

(view spoiler)
Rina Borough - Ireadwhatiwant2
Full review available at www.ireadwhatiwant2.wordpress.com

Snippet Review:
This book was a great start to the Hat Trick series. Savannah and Garrick were great characters with amazing chemistry. The plot was interesting and suspenseful (if a bit over-the-top), and the sex scenes were very hot, creative, and kinkier than your average romance without going too deep into the kink pool. While this book does have a satisfying end for the characters, I’m very interested to read the next book in this se
Kimberley Humphrey
Jan 19, 2014 Kimberley Humphrey rated it really liked it
4.5 stars from me. I loved it & now I'm addicted to another series & can't wait to read the other books.
Absolutely loved Garrick - right from the very start. What a guy (& holy hotness). I really liked Savannah too. Smart, career focused, & repressing a sex kitten side. She was great but together they were even better.
I really liked the secondary characters & hope they reappear in the next 2 books.
Well written, not too much angst or far fetched :)
Cyndi Hackett
Mar 10, 2014 Cyndi Hackett rated it really liked it
It was a good read with great characters and great hot sex with a little suspense to add to the excitement. But after Garett confess to savannah his other sex side and savannah was excited, let's just say my interest went away after that. I liked the story but it's safe to say I will end at this 1st installment. To each there own but it's just not for me.
Erin Chicosky
Feb 02, 2014 Erin Chicosky rated it liked it
This book was a little better than I anticipated. I figured it would just be a mindless romance novel with no other qualities, but was proven that even mindless romance novels can have a bit of a plot. I like secret agent guys and hockey players so even if parts of it were dull I still had a sexy hockey player in there somewhere. I will say I am glad I got this book for free.
Jackie Ziegler
May 23, 2016 Jackie Ziegler rated it it was amazing
Holy cow ! What a storyline. I completely forgot Garrick plays hockey.

Garrick plays for the Moncton Ice Cats.. Savannah is the new trainer. She knows its a bad idea to get involved with a player but how bad?

Story does kind of just stop as there is other books to the series and they will be read...
Julie
Nov 01, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
first read 11-1 2013

Hot, sexy, and Hockey! I was a fan of Samantha Wayland and when I saw she had a new book I 1-clicked. After my re-read I looked at some of the review's. I really liked this book, and I see where other wanted it to move along faster but this book set's up for the next books and I love the over all series.
Karen
Jan 29, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Hannah
Jan 23, 2014 Hannah rated it it was ok
Not what I expected, I liked it ok and then I found out the two books that followed is a continuing of their relationship changing it from a M/F to a M/F/M, and a love triangle to boot and I am not into right now, I may later but as of now I have no plans to read anymore, it left me disappointed. I liked the characters and the plotline but the end left a lot to be desired.
Caffenero
Not rating because it's not my cuppa. I got it for free, but a warning about the huge content about anal sex would have been fair. I picked up this book thinking about a hot sport romance, instead is a manual about butts :@
too much to skip.
Jenae
Aug 17, 2015 Jenae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

It's weird because I fell in love with characters and felt the intimacy, but the back stories weren't complete. That's why I couldn't give a 4 star. But I'm going to buy the next book!
Sharon
Jan 28, 2014 Sharon rated it it was ok
This was a free book on kindle and I thought, great someone who is an athlete, it would fit into one of my challenges. It did have a little, no a lot of, TMI in the romance scenes for my taste - might have given it more stars without all the that.
Nstefa
Mar 16, 2016 Nstefa rated it really liked it
I read this series as a whole and I must say it was pretty good .... Not what I was expecting but also a little too much drama but still enjoyable!!
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
  • Holding On To Love (Holding On #1)
  • Taking Charge
  • Quarterback Blitz (Ink and Kink, #1)
  • Inside Heat (Mustangs Baseball, #1)
  • O Christmas Three (Texas Highlanders Ice Hockey, #0.5)
  • On the Fly (Las Vegas Sinners, #1)
  • Breaking the Ice (Love of the Game, #2)
  • Crashing the Boards: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1.5)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Summer Dreams
  • Talk to Me
  • On the Fly (Portland Storm, #2)
  • On Thin Ice (On Thin Ice #1)
  • One-Two Punch
  • Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)
  • Play Hard
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
Samantha Wayland has three great loves in life; her family, writing books, and hockey. She is often found apologizing to the first for how much time and attention is taken up by the latter two, but they forgive her because they are awesome and she clearly doesn’t deserve them.

Sam lives with her family—of both the two and four-legged variety—outside of Boston. She is a wicked passionate New England
More about Samantha Wayland...

Hat Trick (4 books)
  • Two Man Advantage (Hat Trick, #2)
  • A Merry Little (Hat Trick) Christmas (Hat Trick #3.5)
  • End Game (Hat Trick, #3)