Start by marking “Up For Grabs” as Want to Read:
Up For Grabs

Up For Grabs

(Gambling on Love #1)

Alternate-cover edition for this ebook is located here: Up For Grabs

Flannery Tate left home for a college half a country away. She just wants an education. Something that will give her opportunities and lead to a life unlike the one she grew up in.

Then she meets Cain Dorsey and the education she gets is so much more.

Living her new life, one she never dreamed of, Flannery
ebook
Published May 6th 2014 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Up For Grabs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up For Grabs

Siobhan
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently read the third book in this series, Up for Everything, only to realise I needed to read the prior books. Not in the sense that the third book made no sense – it worked perfectly fine as a standalone novel – rather I was desperate to know more of the story. Each book in this series tells the story of a different friendship couple, allowing us to see how they reached their happily ever after, and after reading Sam’s story I wanted to find out what had happened with the other couples.

I’l
KristaReadsRomance
**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

My Rating: 3 Stars

Up For Grabs (the first installment in the Up For Grabs series) was an incredibly funny, light NA read!

The story follows Flannery Tate, a college student just trying to make a better life for herself, who happens to find love along the way!
When Flannery is grouped with a beautifully buff, chocolate-brown eyed wonder in one of her classes, she's intrigued. And so is he.
Cain Dorsey has had his eye on Flann

dreamerinexile
Funny, witty, sweet 5 stars

I had a block, did not know what I wanted to read after my last emotional one, so my bestie gal pal suggested Up For Grabs. See was totalllly freaking out after suggesting it, but babe seriously, so far you've scored a 100%. Yayness.

Flannery meets Cain in school, they are in the same study group and she slowly realizes that he's totally into her. Flannery has a few set of rules, she abides by them because her mom has made sure she knew these rules by heart. Mom has a p
Aly Plum
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 solid true love stars!

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

Omg! This book. The story was so sweet.

Super normal girl, Flannery, meets super normal guy, Cain, in college.
The writer did an incredible job by describing the way they fell in love along the story.

This is a normal story, about two too real people. The thing that kept me reading was that she is the one that sort of complicates their relationship and tries to make things go back to normal.

Flannery is described as
Ginny Deffendall
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I became so engrossed in a book that I stayed up to finish it. This was definitely one of those books though!

First, Cain Dorsey is my new book boyfriend. Though I definitely never met any guy so patient and understanding when I was in college! But, I <3 him!

Our heroine, Flannery won my heart as well. She is so feisty; I enjoyed it!

Up for Grabs is lighthearted and funny. I really enjoyed the brotherly/sisterly relationship between Flannery and her friend Adam. That felt
Barbara
I am seriously buffled. This is the first time, in a long time, that I found myself so far off than the average Goodreads rating of a book...

I couldn't read this through. At about 5% I basically starting skipping around it just to see if the writing was getting any better... and it wouldn't. I really thought the writing in this was terrible in terms of character development and plot.
Sunshine
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love...
* With this book.
* With Flannery and
* Definitely Cain!
Flannery is my hero. She's strong, sassy, funny, sarcastic and quirky.
Cain is very high up in book boyfriends for me now! If only we all met a man like him in college! So protective, sexy, thoughtful, sweet, kind and he's a giver. ;)
Up For Grabs is sweet read and there's some sexy in it.
It's light (but still sad at times) and funny. Oh, was it funny! I literally laughed out loud at times. I even copied sentences to share w
Stacey
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this book didn't go how I expected . Flannery is lovely a sweet girl next door type .
Far from home doing a scholarship .. money doesn't come easy fr her and her mum . No dad in the picture .
Cain wow I guessing a sweet lad with charm looks and money ( well dads money )
There's a relationship that grows and is so sweet .
Until that letter the letter that changes everything.
How much is your virginity worth can it keep you at your loves side or is this that betral you can't cope with .
The family
Kat J
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ahhh the fuzziness of young love (and thankfully not instalove that seems to be so prevalent these days).

Here we have Flannery; who has been brought up by a single mom has worked really hard to secure her scholarship so that her mom doesn't have to worry about her. So much so that, she is an innocent when it comes to relationships. Then she runs into Cain - who has been living a cushy life - where they go from project mates to a slow build up of attraction. I love the small moments between them
Shaine H.
I received a digital copy of this book under New Adult Book Club in RIRI.

“I’m Flannery Tate, resident strumpet and overall painted woman.”

I got excited when I read the synopsis. I like Flannery's humor. She has a quick wit and I definitely like her personality. What I don't like about her is her being irrational at some point.

I don't know if it just me but the story was very slow but not until maybe after Chapter 17 that it became exciting. I somewhat dragged myself to finish this because I can
Kristen Lewendon
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smart, funny, sweet. These are the best words I can think of to describe this story. Flannery is so witty and sassy, even if she does have a bit of a problem with physical aggression. And Cain is a complete and total sweetheart. The way he tries to look after her is swoon-worthy. Their inner circle of friends have such big personalities, they sometimes try to take over the book. A lot of detail and attention go into building their "world" and showing the relationships between Flannery and Cain a ...more
Synergy Quest
Flannery ruins a good thing

So my problem with this one is the heroine, Flannery.

Spoilers ahead...
On what planet would a smart person, who happens to be in a monogamous relationship think she could sale her virginity to the highest bidder and 1. Her boyfriend not find out or be okay with it if he did, 2. Everyone not find out about it, 3. Not consider that banks or wealthy friends (or boyfriends) might be a more reasonable (sensible) place to start since they might loan you the money, or 4. Get a
Amy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the fun, witty, playful relationship with Flannery and her best bud, Adam. I loved the way her relationship with Cain grew from a flirty friendship to something strong and withstanding. It was hard to swallow her keeping the auction information from Cain. How could she not think he wouldn’t have a HUGE problem with it!! I’m glad their HEA took a lot of time and wasn’t something that was brushed under the rug and forgotten about quickly. That kind of pain and betrayal would be hard to get ...more
Dee Price
There are so many things that I liked about this book: the relationship that developed slowly between Flannery and Cain, all of the friendships in this story, the witty banter, Flannery's strength, and Cain's patience and devotion. This was a quick, fast-paced read that I enjoyed but, my goodness, I just kept getting side-tracked by all of the typos! A good editor and a little more development and this could have easily been a 5* read.
Sophie Koufes
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Up For Grabs is the first book in this new adult contemporary romance Up For Grabs series as each book follows a different college couple in the series. Supporting character's crossover from each book.

Flannery Tate's character is compelling, sassy, witty, sarcastic, sagacious and beautiful inside and out. Cain Dorsey is a fabulous book boyfriend. His character is so sweet, kind & thoughtful, charming, sexy as hades, and the perfect book boyfriend.
Up For Grabs is a sweet & sexy witty rea
Ree
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good read

I was surprised at how intriguing this book turned out to be. NA/YA books can sometimes be a chore to read, but this one wasn't.

Even though everything in the end tied up a little too neatly, I couldn't find myself hating the way things turned out for Flannery and Cain.

Definitely recommend this book for lovers of angsty, dramatic NA/YA romances.
Brittany
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review & Freebie from New Adult Book Club:

Quickly reading the synopsis of the book, I was not really into the book. It seemed like it was a bland and easy story. And it was BUT the way the author pulled you in and made you fall in love with the characters was worth the quick read :)

I loved the relationship between Cain and Flannery. She really needed and wanted the education but also wanted the relationship with Cain to work out.
Amy Johnson
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, top
Fun read

I am a big fan of this author. She writes fun to read stories that are fresh and full of surprises. I've fallen in love with these characters now and can't wait to see what comes next in this series!
This is book would be a great addition to your book collection.
Happy reading...enjoy!
Marti
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This book was very good and gives you something to think about. Should you really judge someone if you have not walked in that person's shoes? The characters are very relatable and easy to get to know. I'd recommend this book to young adults that's who this book is geared at really.
Dawn
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book.

I loved this book!!!!!! I couldn't put it down. I stayed up late into the night reading until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then finished as soon as I woke up. The side characters are hilarious. It really was a great read.
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Loved it!!!!

I loved Cain and Flannery so much!!!! I will definitely read more books from this author... the book was sweet, funny, romantic, great characters to follow...
Sabrina Wilfinger
Romance

I've seen the storyline before but I do read a lot. This was a steady slow read with no surprises.
Beth
Aug 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Didn't really like the writing, characters, or plot.
Felicity
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great little read. Predictable but sweet. Not super sweet in that it's pretty sexual but sweet in that happy ending sort of way
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really sweet coming-of-age romance complete with a very HEA in the epilogue!
Amanda
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very goo book made you laugh and have all the feels. Made u go on. Rollercoaster ride for sure love the ending
Darian Ann
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real page turner Amazing read
Carolyn Vanderklok
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Flannery and Cain's story was so good. It had me not wanting to put it down, wanting to scream at some characters, wanting me to cry with some characters, and happy I read the book. Again so good!
Louma
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just love Flannery and Cain's story...
Victoria
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • From the Ground Up
  • Yours Always
  • Circle of Dreams (The Quytel Series Book 1)
  • Deadly Promise (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #6)
  • Juice (The O'Malleys #1)
  • Collision (Fight for Life #1)
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Shallow
  • Revere (Cross + Catherine #2; Legacy Novels)
  • First and Goal (Moving the Chains, #1)
  • Unlikely Allies
  • Accidental Alpha (A is for Alpha Male #3)
  • Thirteen (Love by Numbers, #4)
Heather Young-Nichols is a multi-published YA and contemporary romance author and a native of the great and often very cold state of Michigan. She is better known at home and to her friends as the Snarker-in-Chief, a job she excels at beyond anything she could have imagined. She loves many things, but especially cold coffee, hot books, and baseball. But not necessarily in that order.

Gambling on Love (3 books)
  • Highest Stakes (Gambling on Love #2)
  • Highest Reward (Gambling on Loves #3)