Start by marking “Plumb Crazy” as Want to Read:
Plumb Crazy

Plumb Crazy

Small town country girl Elva Presley Hicks is about to attend her five-year class reunion with her best friends, Shay and Margarett.

The discovery of an old fanfic manuscript stirs up memories of her summer job as a plumber’s helper in Houston the summer before senior year. She earned a lot of money that year, but was lonely as heck.

It's not like there weren't any suitors
ebook
Published June 10th 2014 by Swoon Romance (first published March 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Plumb Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plumb Crazy

Ruth Hill
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
I will admit at the outset that this book was challenging for me to review. On the one hand, I am a mother who doesn't always "get" young adult books. On the other hand, I have a pre-teen who may ask to read this book one day. To give the fairest and most balanced review, I felt that I had to review it from both angles. I would definitely give this book and overall review of 3.5.

Speaking from a mother's perspective, I wish that the profanity had not been included. But thankfully there were no in
Conrad Wesselhoeft
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I read this book in draft form. It was great then. I'm betting it's magnificent now.

I love Elva Presley Hicks. She's like a teenage Scout Finch transplanted to today's Texas--a tomboy yet captivating; tough yet vulnerable; practical yet highly imaginative. Oh yes, and romantic. This can be a bit challenging when your job is that of plumber's helper.

Life gets interesting at the work sites as the boys--especially one named Mitch--check her out.

On the side, Elva writes Star Trek fan f
books are love
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
this was wonderful. Loved the humour and the look back. I loved that the characters were flawed. The growing the characters do in that summer is great to see. Elva learns to that everyone is flawed and beautiful at the same time. She also begins to see who she is and what she wants. It was sad how her and Mitch drifted away.

the book is a flashback of a summer that was important in Elva and her friends lives. The summer everything changed and they grew up. This is done as she is going to her reu
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Plumb Crazy was just that – crazy. It was quirky and awkward. But, it was also heartwarming and full of feels. If I'm honest, it did take me a little bit of time to get into this book. The characters were odd and the setting was difficult for me to imagine at first, but after a few chapters, I was pulled in and couldn't stop reading.

It is, without a doubt, the characters that make this book. From Elva to Shay and Margarett to Chase and Mitch, ea
Janet
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blaisdell's book PLUMB CRAZY is brilliant! Working as a plumber's helper through the blazing hot Texas summer while seeking a "smokin' hot boyfriend", Elva braves humiliation on her way to emancipation. With lively language, sassy humor, and unforgettable characters, PLUMB CRAZY is a sheer delight.
Chris Eboch
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun and heartwarming book. Geeky, overweight Elva is an unexpected heroine for the ages. Readers will love following along as she navigates changing friendships and the quest for love, and uncovers her own strengths as she learns to be a plumber's assistant.
Sam
Jan 27, 2014
Lois Brandt
Jen McConnel
Mar 06, 2014
Molly Blaisdell is a dash of fun, mixed in with some smart cookie and a splash of capable. She started her first fan fiction group in junior high and never stopped writing. Today, she writes about geeky girls with lofty dreams and about the absolute craziness of falling in love.

When Molly's not writing, she curls up with a book, heads to a popcorn blockbuster, or kicks back to watch shooting star