Start by marking “Wake Up Maggie (The Misadventures of Maggie Mae, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wake Up Maggie (The Misadventures of Maggie Mae, #1)

Wake Up Maggie (The Misadventures of Maggie Mae #1)

Making up, making out, and tracking a murderer…

Rearranging your cheating boyfriend’s family jewels isn’t a crime—unless your boyfriend is an Arizona state senator. And he happens to have a bullet in his chest.

Caught at the scene of the crime, Maggie Mae Castro is the only suspect, and the only one who saw the senator’s real killer—the skank ho he was cheating on her with.
Published January 21st 2014 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Wake Up Maggie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake Up Maggie

Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.

3.5 Super Agent Stars

Maggie Mae Castro is the suspect in the murder of her boyfriend, the good Senator. The problem is, someone is also trying to kill Maggie. Special Agent Clive Poole, FBI, and LL Cool J lookalike is assigned to watch and protect Maggie. Since he's been watching her for a good year, he's got a thing for her. Their situation as well as their chemistry if off the charts. If they can just find who's trying to k
Tara
Jan 22, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
This was a blast! Maggie Mae is a fantastic, spunky heroine. She's a complicated combination of intelligence and naivete which is how she lands in her crazy fix.

FBI Special Agent Clive Poole is a winner. He finds the heroine under his protection as compelling as the reader will, not to mention impossibly sexy. Their chemistry is both fun and highly combustible.

Don't miss it. I'm going to grab You're Mine, Maggie next. Can't wait.
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
Maggie is a kick ass chick, her wondrous albeit random and odd brain 'thoughts' had me laughing out loud..
HappilyEverChapter

63 pages, approximately
Romance: comedy, suspense

** Provided by NetGalley in Exchange for an Honest Review. **

-- -- From the Cover -- --
Making up, making out, and tracking a murderer…
A Maggie Mae Misadventure
Caught at the scene of the crime, Maggie Mae
Nicole
Jan 15, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2014/01/20/...

This blurb seemed like it would be right up my alley, snarky heroine, badass hero, and a suspense plot to keep me on my toes. However, this book didn’t live up to my expectations.

Maggie has been dating a Senator for over a year now, and when she finds him cheating on her, she is pretty much over the guy. But finding him murdered isn’t what Maggie wanted either, especially when she is the prime suspect. Thankfully, FBI Agent C
Al97
Jul 25, 2016 Al97 rated it it was ok
The book was too quick. Their relationship developed so fast because he knew everything about her. He offered his file, but she refused. They never REALLY got to know each other, there was no connection whatsoever. HE may have had a weird attachment to her because he was assigned to stalk her. (Yes, I'm saying stalk. It's stalking, whether you're an FBI or a creep.) He had a stalker-connection with her; meaning he knew everything about her from what she ate for breakfast to what perfume she used ...more
Amelyn Randall
Oct 27, 2014 Amelyn Randall rated it really liked it
3.5 Giggling at Misadventure Stars!

I'm not a big fan of insta love in general, but, yeah, that first kiss between the FBI special agent and his charge, in a closet at the funeral of the woman's boyfriend? Beyond inappropriate and not funny.

The rest of the book was most definitely funny, and there were some laugh-out-loud moments while poor Maggie's world exploded, literally and figuratively.

I don't think I'll be actively looking for more from this series, but I definitely enjoyed the hour it t
Issa
Cute story about Maggie, girlfriend of the now dead Senator. After giving his then deceased manly bits and introduction with her boot after she finds him in bed with someone else, she's arrested for the Senator's murder.

This is not a gritty police procedural. The cops and FBI are rather incompetent but it doesn't matter. This story is about Maggie and she's hilarious. I adored her. Clive her FBI shadow is rather flat but most things are compared to Maggie. It works out of course, Clive does sho
Jessica
Nov 20, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Think of Wake up Maggie as a cozy mystery with kick.

This is a short but charming entry into the Maggie Mae Series. There's a heroine with spunk and a hero with serious hunk. A light mystery, a little romance, and you have a great afternoon read.
starsaga
Funny short romance.
A short and sweet, slightly silly story. The writing was light, even though the story was violent in parts. Nothing out of the ordinary, except the humour that threaded throughout. I enjoyed this short story.
LDL
Jan 27, 2014 LDL rated it liked it
cute, first person
LastBreath
Sep 16, 2014 LastBreath rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, intrigue, novella
Great start to what I hope will be a successful series. Several parts seemed too rushed but the well written comedy balanced it nicely.
Libby Waterford
Dec 06, 2013 Libby Waterford rated it it was amazing
Great writing, zippy action and chemistry to spare between Maggie and her Super Agent.
Danube Adele
Jan 22, 2014 Danube Adele rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast-paced with quippy, clever dialogue wrapped up in a good story. I really enjoyed reading it.
Alisha Edgemon
Alisha Edgemon rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Randi
Randi rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Angel Kidka
Angel Kidka rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Hina
Hina rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Jenn Swanson
Jenn Swanson rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Shannen Jackson
Shannen Jackson rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Steffi
Steffi rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Shaz
Shaz rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2016
Mia Morgan
Mia Morgan rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Tan
Tan rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Whitney
Whitney rated it did not like it
May 15, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2015
Melissa Stlouis
Melissa Stlouis rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Faith Anja
Faith Anja rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
  • A Deadly Deception (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #2)
  • If You're Going Through Hell Keep Going (Mann of My Dreams #1)
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder #1)
  • Too Sexy for His  Stetson
  • Chasing Shadows
  • Anarchy in Blood (Dracul's Revenge, #2)
  • Josh Lanyon Collected #2
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Taken (Stranded, #2)
  • King Mai (The Lost and Founds, #2)
  • Pent Up
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Cited to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #1)
  • A Hero Scarred (Wounded Soldiers #2)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Into the Shadows (The Associates, #3)
  • Murder Most Gay (Murder Most Gay, #1)
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)

**Sign up for Beth's email newsletter for new releases and special promotions.**

USA Today best selling author and Rita® finalist, Beth Yarnall, writes mysteries, romantic suspense, and the occasional hilarious tweet. A storyteller since her playground days, Beth remembers her friends asking her to make up stories of how the person `died' in the slumber party game Light as a Feather, Stiff as a
More about Beth Yarnall...

The Misadventures of Maggie Mae (3 books)
  • You're Mine, Maggie (A Maggie Mae Misadventure, #2)
  • Find Me Maggie (A Maggie Mae Misadventure, #3)

“If I’m going down, I’m going down with lipstick on.” 0 likes
“If I’m going down, I’m going down with lipstick on.” ~Maggie Mae Castro” 0 likes