Start by marking “La venganza de los gnomos del jardín” as Want to Read:
La venganza de los gnomos del jardín

La venganza de los gnomos del jardín

(Goosebumps #34)

Published (first published August 1995)

To ask other readers questions about La venganza de los gnomos del jardín, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La venganza de los gnomos del jardín

Start your review of La venganza de los gnomos del jardín
✨Sumi's Books✨
#34 "Keep off their grass!"
Joe's dad loves his tacky lawn ornaments. He loves things like pink flamingos and animal family is made out of plaster. But when he brings home two lawn gnomes the trouble begins. Vegetables squashed in the garden, weird sounds at night and other strange things seem to be pointing to the lawn gnomes as the culprits. But they're only fake ornaments aren't they?
Carmen
Mar 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Okay, based on this book and the previous The Horror at Camp Jellyjam, I have to conclude that Stine has lost his mind.

Joe is 12 - a goofball, prankster, and general brat. His sister, Mindy, age 14, super-organized. Also rather a brat. Stine has a really hard time creating likable children, I've noticed. Moose is Joe's huge, very physical and energetic best friend. Moose's dad and Joe's dad are next door neighbors who are engaged in a "garden war" involving competing rather seriously as to who c
Richard Cardenas
The TV episode of this is WAY better than the book and that normally doesn't' get said but in this case, it is true for me. This wasn't creepy or scary at all, I remember picking this up as a kid and then putting it down. Now I remember why haha still love Goosebumps though. :)
Poonam
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I heard the audiobook for this one and it is soo much fun. This is a horror read but it is meant for young kids.
If you want to read something light with thrills I would advise to pick up any book from the Goosebumps series.
The course of the story is very predictable but as the audiobook was soo good I have given this 3 stars- it added to all the thrill ;)
Rebecca McNutt
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god.

This book was hilarious, I remember reading it when my parents got our family car stuck on top of Kelly's Mountain in Cape Breton. I was in the third grade at the time, and my dad had bought my sister and I each a Goosebumps book. This one made us both laugh a lot, and though I consider it to be really dorky now that I'm an adult, it's still nostalgic to re-read it and I hope that other kids get the chance to read it. :)
Alex | | findingmontauk1
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Another fun Goosebumps re-read full of so many of the things that make me love these books: sibling rivalry, coming-of-age, non-believer parents, dogs, and things that go bump in the night or when adults are not looking!

I have always loved gnomes and so this was a treat to revisit. I forgot how it ended and the twist of it all, so I was pleasantly surprised on those last couple of chapters! Definitely one I recommend that stands out in the series as a whole - 4 stars!
Ken
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a weak entry into the series, feels like Stine was being lazy with this one.

Mischievous gnomes felt very similar to Slappy the Dummy.
Lucy
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I HATE gnomes and it's all because of this book! I mean they are creepy anyway but this book convinced the 7 year old me that they are in fact EVIL!
Kathryn Ford
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Uh yeah this is why lawn gnomes have no place in a garden.
This book wasn't particularly well written. The characters were over dramatic. It also wasn't scarey at all. I'd advise giving this one a skip.
Josiah
Oct 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One thing that has long impressed me about R.L. Stine is the variety of descriptions he gives for the characters in his stories. No two people are ever described in quite the same way in the Goosebumps books; they're tall, rail-thin and wear all pink, making them look like a flamingo, or are the only short, pudgy, dark-haired member of their family surrounded by tall, skinny blondes, or they have any of a practically endless variety of other characteristics that allow the reader to clearly and ...more
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Sarah Ali
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deserves more than 5 starts
Literally enjoyed
Unexpected ending and a nice one!
Perfect for every age!
Recommend highly
Happy Reading❤️🖤👍
Anne Herondale
Second Goosebumps book for our book club! It was lamest than the first and didn't enjoy it as much so here's a 3-star rating
Dayla
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 stars. Sigh. LOL
Shannon
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, kids, read-in-2020
This was quite a fun read. I'm not a huge fan of revenge, so wasn't so sure about that but the whole lawn gnome thing was great and that's the big focus. I liked how people had to band together in this one too, less egging on each other are more we are in this together. That really worked for me. Fun read.
itchy
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electronic
the titular villains actually refered to themselves as elves!
Brandi
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.L. Stine's "Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes" was amusing enough, but not quite on par with some of his other works. The snippets in the book did make me want to get "Claws!" next, though. This book would probably be a fun read for younger audiences, especially since it is a quick read.
Storm Arashi
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was bored and needing some nostalgia so I wound up listening to this on audibook..... Took me back to childhood when I was sitting on my couch late at night reading these books. I loved that the narrators all had different voices and that were was even music scores. Added to it if you ask me. Not as scary as I remember it but it was still a fun experience.
Sarah Marie
2.5 stars. I feel very neutral on this one. Review to come.
Sarah Theis
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book freaked me out and made scared of lawn gnomes! Loved it! ❤🤣
John Naylor
It almost feels like sacrilege to criticise a Goosebumps book. This one was just by far the weakest I have read.

It took a (relatively as it is a short book) long time to get going. Then it had about 5 actual pages of mild peril and a weak ending. None of the characters were particularly memorable except the dog. It had no closure and left a few hanging threads.

Obviously I am about five times older than the target audience but I do think that I would have been unenthralled with this story if it
Lelouch
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the Weasley twins snuck some enchanted lawn gnomes into a muggle shop. They are frozen during the day and cause mischief overnight when nobody's looking. They eat plants, dig up the ground, paint the cars. When they trap children, their idea of violence is a tickle fight. This is one of the less scary stories. I love how the dog comes by to see an army of lawn gnomes, then nooopes right out of there to safety. Good boy!
Tarissa
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun Goosebumps story. Not truly scary, or even creepy. Yes, the lawn gnomes do come alive. And do mischievous things. Honestly, it's not frightening as a Stine story goes, but it is certainly an out-of-the-ordinary experience, or at least not one that anyone will actually encounter in real life. So there is some imagination behind the plot, for sure.
Tan
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rpabookclub
I was kind of underwhelmed by this book, to be quite honest. After reading 'Welcome to Dead House', I expected another creepy story, but this one was quite predictable, and didn't really have that 'spook' factor I have come to associate with Goosebumps books. A very easy read, but a little bit of a disappointment.
Asta
Oct 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Flat in every sense. The characters are flat, the plot is flat, the setting is flat. This is the first R.L. Stine book I've read and I had high hopes for it. I was, however, very disappointed, but will probably try another book by him before I give up. I read this as I work at a school library and wanted to see if this would be a fun read to recommend for students now that Halloween is approaching, but after reading it I would never recommend this book to anyone.
Cilix (Nonbinaryreading)
My fiancee blames this book for her fear of Garden Gnomes (she read it when she was 7) so naturally I had to read it
Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind)
Creepy lawn gnomes wrecking havoc! Lots of fun
John
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I admit that I enjoy these.
Jason Kordyban
Short and fun. Also eady to read while inebriated!
Amber
not as fun as I remember.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lawn Care Tulsa 1 1 Oct 22, 2018 02:11AM

• The Slaughter Man
  • Dustbin Baby
  • Mamma klikk! (Stella, #1)
  • Trick or Treat
  • Jacky Daydream
  • Love Lessons
  • The Nest
  • Ghost Stories: Selected and Introduced by Mark Gatiss
  • 18 Tiny Deaths: The Untold Story of Frances Glessner Lee and the Invention of Modern Forensics
  • The Naughtiest Girl Is a Monitor
  • Vetrargulrætur - sögur
  • Smáglæpir
  • Goosebumps The Movie: Slappy's Revenge
  • Pabbi prófessor (Stella, #2)
  • The Karate Kid
  • The Cut-Throat Celts
  • The Cat Mummy
  • Five Go Down to the Sea (Famous Five, #12)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)