Start by marking “Deception (Golden Collar #2)” as Want to Read:
Deception (Golden Collar #2)

Deception

(Golden Collar #2)

Cyrus and Nadir first met as hungry orphans on Behekam’s streets at twelve years old. They became friends, then partners in the thievery that enabled them to survive, and as they passed their days together, they fell in love. When they are both taken as pleasure slaves in the opulent palace of the Malik of Neyem, love becomes more complicated.

Rumors of an attempt on Malik
Published November 1st 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Sanet
First the facts.... this is my first venture into the beautifully painted world of Ms Duncan... and when I say painted..... its just that. Its not often that I find myself so ebullient in a story that I lock myself into the world a writer creates and drown all other away..... I was powerless to stop my fall into depravity.

In all but one.... this is a story about love.... romantic and friendship alike... we follow the day to day life of two pleasure slaves, Cyrus and Nadir and get to know them a
FantasyLiving
I'll start by saying I haven't read the first book in this series, so I may have had some confusion that could have been cleared up through reading that book first.

I didn't feel like a missed a great deal of detail, and the story worked on it's own quite well. Only some minor references about *before* Bathasar and Teman got together, but was easily figured out, and not all that important to the overall story line for this novel.

Cyrus and Nadir have been pleasure slaves for 7 years but have know
Amber
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Golden Collar series, where we get to see Cyrus and Nadir's story. This one takes place not long after the first Balthasar is now endanger of assassination and asks for Cyrus and Nadir's help in guarding him while pretending to be in love with him. Unlike the first book overall plot is a little more focused but still remains pretty weak and more of a backdrop of sex. But unlike Choices we do get a lot more in
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆
I haven't read the first book in this series Choices Choices (Golden Collar, #1) by Grace R. Duncan but I was able to read this as a stand-alone. Cyrus and Nadir have been pleasure slaves for seven years and friends and former thieves for much longer. Once they become slaves, a choice they made to avoid being sent to the dungeon, they come to realize they're in love, which is a difficult position for a slave who has no rights to be in. The former ruler, Malik Mukesh, was a vicious, cruel man who treated the slaves as lower than human.

T
Pati
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by the Author through the GoodReads BDSM group's r2r program in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I must make it clear that I rarely like historical novels and just as rarely do I like flashbacks. However, I knew before I began that it was an historical, since I've already read the other two in this series and as for the flashbacks... Well, I can't imagine this novel being told any other way.

Ms. Duncan has managed to touch on so many emotional issues with these two c
Sara Testarossa
Updated with thoughts and clarification on the ending and a few other things, after reading other reviews

This book, focusing on Cyrus and Nadir of the Golden Collar series, is a fantastic followup to Choices and Coronation, building on the world and continuing the story. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, Grace R. Duncan’s rich worldbuilding makes everything feel so real. Deception is beautifully written with romance, angst, steamy sex scenes, believable characters, and enough political
Joe
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent sequel to Choices. I was especially excited to see Nadir and Cyrus' backstory expanded and the stage set for more to come from the author. Definitely a five star!
Thomaidha Papa
2.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

I’m afraid I’ve been anticipating this book a bit too much a got somewhat disappointed from the delivery.
Deception is a spin-off of Choices; the leading characters are the duo we met on the first book, Cyrus and Nadir. We get to flash back with either one of them, as the story is written from both character’s point of view, at the point when they met each other, bits and pieces of events that led them to their imprisoning and life as sex slaves...
Teresa
3.5 Stars. The thing really holding this book back from being a higher rating is the repetitiveness and length. The first 75% was all the same thing over and over again, put just slightly different, with only a little forward plot movement. The last 25% was well paced and the conclusion was great. The detail was rich, the characters individual and the writing and editing were good. Just too much of a good thing.
Leisha
A copy of this book was gifted to me by the author. All opinions that follow are my own.

I'm not going to rate this - it took me seven months to read and I don't think giving it two or three stars would be a true portrayal of my feelings regarding this book, it's just been too long. I loved the first in this series, I was just bored by the second - there is very little plot on a lot of pages that did not really relate to the core story, making me wonder whether the plot would ever even be resolve
Joyfully Jay
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angi
A Joyfully Jay review.

Yet again, this series leaves me with a really ambiguous feeling after reading. There were certainly a lot of things that I enjoyed about this story but there were a lot of things that really just left me disappointed and I’m having trouble reconciling those competing feelings and evaluating which ones have more weight. Please don’t ask me outright if I liked this book or not. I could tell you which parts I liked and which I didn’t but and overall opinion? A straig
Sandra
Won as part of the 2013 Holiday Party in the Erotic Enchants Group! ... but now I can't find the file :(

But Grace re-sent it to me! YAY!!!
Theresa
Sep 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Author diverted from the monogamous relationship between Bathasar and Temant from the first book. She created a polyamorous relationship by adding Cyrus and Nadir. It just didn't work.
Meredith
rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Deception by Grace R. Duncan 1 6 Nov 26, 2013 03:44PM
Grace Duncan grew up with a wild imagination. She told stories from an early age - many of which got her into trouble. Eventually, she learned to channel that imagination into less troublesome areas, including fanfiction, which is what has led her to writing male/male erotica.

A gypsy in her own right, Grace has lived all over the United States. She has currently set up camp in East Texas with her

Golden Collar (3 books)
  • Choices (Golden Collar, #1)
  • Coronation (Golden Collar #1.5)