Start by marking “Stroke of Fear” as Want to Read:
Stroke of Fear

Stroke of Fear

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  993 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
From the Amazon Best-Selling Author of the Forever series comes Stroke Of Fear. A novel about letting go of your fears and letting yourself love again.

Sometimes the things you love are the things you fear the most …

Aubrey Depp has already faced death and escaped it once. Now it's back to get her. Once a swimming champion at her high school, Aubrey’s life was taken away whe
Published November 7th 2013 by Alla Kar

To ask other readers questions about Stroke of Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stroke of Fear

Alla Kar
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I have so much to say about this book. I had originally written it YA a long time ago. Then when I started the Forever Series I had an urge to rewrite it. Well, I'm glad I did. I fell in love with my characters again!

I hope you do, too!

Thank you everybody for reading my work. I couldn't do it without you. God Bless you!

Check out my upcoming titles:

Forever Yours (Forever Series #3) Dec. 2013

Where You Are (Swoon Romance) Feb. 2014

www.facebook.com/allakarbooks
www.allakarbooks.blog
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Just so many errors in this book, with grammar and spelling was giving me a headache to try and work out what word was mean't to go where..The story line was ok, I enjoyed the story but didn't feel like I got a connection with the characters, but still an enjoyable read!! Will def read more from this author though..
Valentina
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Miss Kar,you just did it again!I so love your books,fell in love in first and only flaw is that they are soooo short!!!I need more!And your alpha protective males...and that drawl...I'm done!Another great read,big 5* and can't wait for another one of your books!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Boring. I also thought this was adult or NA, but it seems it's YA, with a lot of sexual content. Whatever. Boring, predictable, didn't care about the characters at all.
Fiona
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 4 stars

I've read two other books from this author (Forever series 1&2). I loved the first despite the editing issues, the second - while the editing had improved, there were a few too many plot holes for me to actually enjoy the book in its entirety. This book, I'm glad to say was a vast improvement from the two previous books in both editing (very few editing and not enough that I couldn't follow the story) and story line (tighter plot but I was still left with a few questions ie. Tan
Heather andrews
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The cover got my eye so I bought. Tanner I loved that naughty boy whose bada**, "a loud noise explodes from Tanner's chest. It's almost animalistic. "You effin' pushed her? What kind of man are you? When a effin' woman asks you to stop, you effin' stop." And his mind is just as naughty as his attitude, "it's be a shame for someone that effin' gorgeous to die without having the chance to taste her." And when I mean naughty I mean naughty, "her short khaki shorts, are...ridiculously short. Not to ...more
Maire Richardson
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, favs
LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!!
Seriously such a great read, Alla Kar writes the best Alpha Males <3
I loved that it had a few twist that I didn't see coming and keep me on my toes all the way through.
I actually hope his brother Austin gets a book, it sounds like there is a story there, and no one can resist and lovable player ;)

I really hope this comes out in paperback so I can buy it, its such a great book and I love the cover!

Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book. It was enjoyable but I never cared about the characters and their life. The writing did not work for me either, I did not get to feel the emotions and being honest there was a point where I just got bored and wanted desperately something to happen. I admit I got this book thinking it was going to be a sweet read, I loved the cover and I just wanted it because of it. In my opinion the blurb just tells all the story so I wont bother on writing my synopsis.
Melanie
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's an enjoyable quick easy read. Great story.
Lindee
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Such an Awesome book, Alla Kar Strikes again!
I am a huge fan of her Forever series and was lucky enough to create her Cover/Photography for this book! I had so much fun shooting this cover and even more fun reading the book :)
This book kept me interested all the way through and I hated having to put it down, although I did wish it was longer, I couldn't get enough of Tanner!

If you are looking for a sexy read with suspense and a whole lot of tension look no further, defiantly 1-Click "Stroke of
Bridget Jones
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Swoon.

I love southern boys. Ranch Hand was the book that drew me to Alla Kar. The Forever Series made me want to read every book she publishes.

I finished Stroke Of Fear this morning before work. I love the atmosphere. The chemistry between Tanner and Aubrey is smoking hot. The sex scene made me drool!

Alla Kar has done it again. Her writing has improved tremendously. I can tell she takes her fan's opinions into consideration.

I recommend this to ANY Alla Kar fan, New Adult fan, Romance fan or
Lj
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I GIVE THIS A BIG, FAT 5 STARS! :)

I love Alla Kar, because I know she works hard. Plus, she really cares what her fans think of her. I LOVE THAT!

Stroke of Fear is so different from The Forever Series, but it's SO much more romantic. Tanner is a heartthrob. I wish I had a hot, country boy!

I recommend this to everyone.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! :)

*LJ*
Mandy
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HE IS THE PERFECT..EVERYTHING. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD.
Nicole
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It has heartbreak, fear, suspense, obsession, humor, lust, love....it has it all and I'm really glad I stumbled across it!
♥ Sarah
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Aubrey & Tanner heal each other with their smoldering stares and private swimming lessons, with a dangerous, stalker ex BF lurking around the shadows of the forest (literally). The setting takes place at a summer camp, as both Aubrey & Tanner take summer jobs as counselors. Tanner saves Aubrey from various dangers, and Aubrey saves him from his own struggles: alcoholism, grief, etc.

In any case, this book was good, but not great. I had fun while reading it, but I'm not sure how memorable
Amanda
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stupid. This whole review, or more accurately, rant, will be full of spoilers because it's just that stupid. Tanner's hick accent was completely retarded and not well done at all. There were several points where I had to put the book down or skip his dialogue when I saw the word "darlin'" in it!! SOOO annoying!

(view spoiler)
Rachel
3.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this quick read. You know exactly what is going to happen from the moment you discover what happened to Aubrey, but even knowing how it would play out I still enjoyed the story. The characters are appealing, the romance is sweet, there is no unnecessary angst and the whole thing was just daft enough to make me smile.
Taylor Freeman
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.
A few of the scenes creeped me out with the stalker. Yikes.

Loved loved loved Tanner.
Jake was a jerk.
Cassie was a horn dog.
Aubrey was like a scared rabbit half the time.
Michael... Freaky freaky son of a bitch.

It seems like its a long book but it keeps you interested so if feels like it flows fast.
Danielle Calabrese
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, especially Tanner!
Lisa Helen Gray
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
http://lisas-book-reviews.blogspot.co... click on the link to read my review. Become a member of my blog, will look forward to hearing from you
Shirlyn Chin
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
So, as you can see I don't hate it but I don't like it. Here's two quotes from our hero and heroine that will convince you.
Tanner:

*Maybe she was okay with dying. Well, I wasn’t about to let her die. It’d be a shame for someone that fucking gorgeous to die without having the chance to taste her.*

Aubrey:

*A soft graze touches my lower back, and I glance up at him. The warmth is back and it’s taking over. His black-as-midnight hair is slicked back, and his gray T-shirt is stuck to every crevice of h
Lillie
DNF

Only three chapters in and there's enough unnecessary drama to strangle a horse.

The heroine is an asshole, instead of thanking the hero (Tanner) for saving her life she snaps at him. It didn't help that every time Tanner does come to her aid she continues to lash out at him like a rabid dog.

Honey, i know you're hurting but whatever shit went down with you was four years ago and for some reason you can't muster enough common decency to not be at least respectful or, you know, NOT be a total
Chai (blog on hiatus)
Aubrey is scared of the water ever since a past incident that even lead her to stay away from something she loved: swimming. When her boyfriend 'teasingly' pushed her off into the water during summer camp, fear bubbled up inside her. To her rescue comes Southern boy, Tanner, who seemed to be first one to know her secrets and the fact that she is capable of swimming and is good at it. What Aubrey doesn't know, someone from her past is stalking and lurking around her in camp.

Fans of romance books,
Eliza
This book is AH-MAZING!!!

I fell in love with this book at the first chapter. Alla Kar is an amazing author and I fell in love with Tanner and Aubrey and I fell in love with their strories. Alla Kar's writing kind of reminds me of Jessica Sorensen with the way that the two characters that fall in love are battling their past demons.

(view spoiler)
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised at how I just couldn't put it down. Tanner is a totally hot possessive Alpha and I feel in love with him and those gray eyes immediately.
Aubrey and Tanner meet at a summer camp they are both working at for two months. They meet on the first day when *swoon* Tanner has to jump in and save her when she's pushed off a cliff!
From that point on, Tanner pretty much starts staking his claim and Aubrey isn't sure she can h
Sonotjade
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teen
Okay... So I'll keep it short and to the point.

This book had GREAT potential. The characters sounded like fun, even the secondary ones and the story sounded kinda intriguing. Then, I got to about a quarter of the book, it was a kinda quick read, and I realised it was not as good as it sounded. Still... I continued reading.

And man, do I wish I had not (even if I could not really have stopped - not knowing the end would have frustrated me) but the ending was totally bad-horror-movie like. It was,
Gabriela Dias
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 out of 5.

Overall, I liked it. There were some really creepy moments that I was not expecting and that was well placed in the storyline. The instalove bugged me a little, but I liked the interaction and the chemistry between the main couple, it gave me all the warm fuzzy.Besides, Tanner easily made his way into my book boyfriends hall of fame.

I'm not sure how I fell about the ending, though. It feels like it ended but there was so much Alla could have explored and that I missed. I don't know
Maranda Johnson
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought I was going to like this book alot and sometimes I did. But it wasn't WOW it was more, ehh that was an okay book. Everything progressed so slowly and the relationship between her and Jake ended as fast as her and Tanners began. Also, there wasnt alot if background info in relationship with michael. I thought getting to know the crazy guy that had so much to do with this story was imperative. but I have no clue who this guy was except he was crazy and obessive and tried to kill her. I t ...more
Renes Getaway
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I really enjoyed this story. It was sexy, passionate and thrilling. I love a book that has a great love story and a deep dark past. Throw in a psycho ex boyfriend and a southern alpha male and you have one hell of a story. My published review will be coming soon on my blog. To view it or any other book reviews please visit www.renesgetaway.blogspot.com or like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/renesgetaway.
Rene Miller migliore
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It was sexy, passionate and thrilling. I love a book that has a great love story and a deep dark past. Throw in a psycho ex boyfriend and a sexy southern alpha male and you have one hell of a story. My published review will be coming soon on my blog. To view it or any other book reviews please visit www.renesgetaway.blogspot or like my page at www.facebook.com/renesgetaway.
  • In The Stars (In The Moments, #1)
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • The Sound of Shooting Stars
  • With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love, #1)
  • Heart Breaths
  • Now or Never (Fight or Flight, #2)
  • Everything Between Us
  • Down by the Water
  • The Apple Tree
  • Perfectly Able
  • In Too Deep (In Too Deep, #1)
  • Anywhere but Here
  • Text (Take It Off, #4)
  • Silver Heart
  • Trick
  • Waiting for Romeo (Romeo, #2)
  • Killer Secrets
  • The Crush
I go by Alla Kar. I live in the deep south. I love to bring Alpha Males, Southern Gentlemen and sometimes Paranormal characters to life.

My titles are below:

Ranch Hand

Covert Ops: Shifting Pleasures

Make Me Yours (Forever #1)

You Are Mine (Forever #2)

Teach Me (Love Me #1)

Forever Yours (Forever #3)Coming Dec 2013.
More about Alla Kar

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be