Start by marking “Ryan Revisited” as Want to Read:
Ryan Revisited

Ryan Revisited

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  40 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When you don’t have any idea who you are, how do you decide who you want to be?

Who is Ryan Ester? The Southern-belle-in-training her estranged father wants her to be? The laid-back Montana girl she became after her parents’ divorce? Or someone she has to discover on her own?

When Ryan’s only shot at going to college is on her father’s dime, Ryan leaves Bluffs, Montana to re
Published June 14th 2015 by Sam Davis

To ask other readers questions about Ryan Revisited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ryan Revisited

really liked it 4.00  ·

Shelly Crane
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
Davis writes a beautiful, lyrical story that grabs you and takes you on a young girl's journey of discovery and heartache. I was bolted to my seat wondering where she was taking me. Don't miss this one if you're looking for something different and a story that truly comes off the pages!
Grace Neumann
Aug 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF at 4%...yup, 4%.

I really, really couldn't get into this book. I wanted to, since the description sounded so promising. However, several things killed it for me. Mainly, the protagonist. She was whiny, irritating, and extremely unlikeable. I read the phrase "I don't know who I am" so many times in the first chapter that my head started to heart. College aged kids these days are constantly in the mindset that they need to "find their true self" and "discover themselves", and I agree with this,
Ema
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
In theory, I felt like Ryan was going to be a character I'd relate to immensely--I, too, grew up in a place vastly different from where I attended high school and have had identity issues resultantly. However, this book was too dragged out and Ryan's motivations didn't often make sense.

In the prologue, Ryan breaks up with Manny, the guy she openly admits has held her together and been a vital part of her high school experience. This action isn't explained. Not once. Not at all. Not even when she
Carlene Inspired
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryan doesn't know who she is anymore, she may never have known. Is she Manny's Girl, the Southern Belle her father wants her to be, or a laid back Montana girl? Ryan is determined to find out, to follow the footsteps her father wanted her to, but still be who she thinks she is. Manny and Ryan stayed friends after their breakup and moved to South U despite the awkwardness. Ryan didn't plan on Manny getting a life without her or for herself to get caught up in all that is Greek life. Through drama ...more
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryan had always been pulled between the Ryan she wanted to be-carefree and happy, loved and important- and the one she felt like she had to be. Crowd-pleasing and similar, complaint and likable.
But I could still see the girl Ryan really was, and she was amazing.

***

Ever watched one of those movies and thought, "Hey that was just a really good movie"? Nothing really jumped out at you to make it spectacular or flashy. Just really good all the way down into your bones and one you felt you could w
Jennifer Thompson
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am really impressed by this hidden gem. A pager turning story of a young woman trying to find herself. Venturing off to college for the first time, Ryan is trying to impress her father, who has been extremely limited in her life. It’s not her personality to take part in sorority life, but she feels a need to prove herself worthy of his love. However she finds its hard work to appeal to someone who doesn’t care.
Ryan is followed by her longtime friend/ ex-boyfriend, Manny, to U South. All Manny
Danielle
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved watching Ryan find herself! Ryan Revisited was not only an emotional roller-coaster, but a solid story of a girl would needed to learn who she was… Even if someone else already knew :)

Ryan breaks up with her amazing boyfriend Manny after receiving a call from her father that causes her to question, well, everything. She doesn’t believe that Manny can love her because, who is she? How can he love someone so lost?

They go to college together and try to stay friends (cuz that work
Robyn
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Ryan, conflicted about who she is, breaks up with her best friend and boyfriend Manny weeks before high school graduation. Expected to act a certain way by her absent father, she agrees to move back down south   and attend college. The problem with that is Manny will also attend that school. All Manny hopes is that Ryan will someday turn back to him and be the girl he knows and not someone her parents want her to be. That would unfortunately take quite some time for her to figure out. Ryan's mai ...more
Shelley Youngblood
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ryan Revisited by Sam Davis is a beautifully written story. It is written in a way that really shows the depth of characters. It also shows the importance of really knowing yourself.

In this story Ryan is facing many issues. Her father has suddenly taken an interest in her after leaving their family when she was 10. He will pay for college as long as she moves back to the South and gets her priorities back and goes back to her roots of being a Southern Belle Débutant. This includes rushing for a
Kat
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: N/A & Mature YA
Shelves: books-reviewed
*** Gifted in exchange for an honest review ***

Ryan had a friend who saw who she was, but Ryan couldn't see it for herself. So she breaks his heart and leaves Montana.

She has one shot at University but on her fathers terms, so she leaves to start a fresh in the South - but leaving Manny behind wasn't that easy, he got a scholarship at the same Uni.

While Ryan is doing all she can to fit in with the sorority girls, she has doubts to whether this is the right path to follow and along the way she m
Demi Spencer
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I recived this novel in exchange for an honest review by romancebeat and netgally.

One of the first novel I ever read was a coming of age noel about a young girl who was struggling to get through life and I think Ryan Revisited could be a great novel for a young reader. Through out this novel Ryan is forced to make many hard discussions that make her stand up to those she loves most in her life. Her estranged father suddenly want back in her life after a life time apart from her and is offering t
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
This book was simply amazing. I really do not think my review is going to do this fabulous book justice.

The story was about a girl Ryan, who goes off to college to find herself. She has scars left by her absent father that she is trying to heal. She is soul searching, she is answering the question almost everyone ask themselves. "Who am I?" Her Journey is at times very painful, very real, and my heart broke for her over and over again.

I don't want to spoil this book for you. But I spent most of
Shirl
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky to be chosen to receive an arc for this book by Sam Davis. Lucky because it was an enjoyable gift.

Ryan Revisited. This book is more than just a love story. It is about friendships and trust. It's about finding one self and believing that what you find is exactly who you are meant to be. It has every complicated relationship that a person could encounter.

Sam Davis did a great job of balancing all of the emotions that go along with these complication. The characters are likable. The h
Lisa
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, reviewers
Kirstin's Review:

Ryan Revisited by Sam Davis 4 out of 5 stars

Ryan Revisited is an emotional, heartbreaking story that focuses on Ryan, a girl who can't seem to find herself due to a great deal of emotional baggage. But, I'd say her biggest problem is that she didn't realize what was right in front of her face when she broke up with Manny, the boy that saw the real her from the very beginning.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though right? And it's easy to give advice to others, but not accept it for yo
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Smart, interesting, fantastic character development! I loved this book! This is a book for everyone who loves stories with heart.

I really loved the college experience in Ryan Revisited. Especially if you attended a Southern university!

The ending is brilliant, too. This story stuck with me. I feel like anyone who reads it will benefit from the personal growth Ryan underwent throughout this journey. I loved just how insightful it is. I think every college student should read it.

Like any good book,
Beach Reading
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I want more of these characters! I loved this book! Well-written, and you will fall in love with the characters. You will connect with the emotions and issues Ryan goes through. An INTENSE plot that will keep you reading to figure it all out. I had so many predictions, but the story kept surprising me. And the LOVE story!!! You need to read this book. You won't be disappointed!! Excellent! I couldn't get enough!
Michelle Messner-Haider
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Want to read a story you can't put down? Want to read a novel you can share with the young adult in your life? Then grab Ryan Revisited! This story will make you laugh, cry and feel good all over. Reading Ryan's story brought back so many memories of my college days and the life choices I made. Beautifully written, this story will warm your heart! Loved it!
Suzanne Worden
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A must read book about a young woman searching to find out where her place in life is to be. She is torn between her southern roots and her Montana home. Ms. Davis did a good job describing how a young woman at 18/19 would be feeling about life choices. What will Ryan do?
Highly recommend for high school to college age woman.
Natalie Smith
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Ryan Revisited yet, you are missing out! This is author Sam Davis' first novel but you would never know it. She is a gifted writer. It made me think, it made made me laugh, and it made me cry sad and happy tears. I LOVED it! Don't stop writing Sam!
Veronica
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Not my favorite, wasn't even sure I wanted to keep reading at first, but it wound up being a decent story.
diana
Aug 25, 2015 added it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
I can't even remember what this one's about.
DNF.
Bibi
Dec 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2015, arc, kobo, netgalley, reviewed
I think perhaps, I wasn't in the right mood when I started this book. I may try again though.
Abby Legrange
Nov 12, 2015
Tiffany
Jan 26, 2015
Ola Z
Nov 10, 2015
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
review to come
Raquel  Zapanta (Kels Pb)
Jun 12, 2015
Lyndsey
Jun 15, 2016
Sam Davis loves to write tucked away in her cave with a large sweet iced tea and the occasional (grossly understated) chocolate vice. She lives in Texas now with her hunky husband and three young daughters, but she was born in Georgia and went to high school under the beautiful Big Sky of Montana. Due to Sam’s nearly alarming obsessive personality and lack of gumption to act her age, she spends to ...more