Start by marking “Someone Like You (Boys of Summer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Someone Like You (Boys of Summer, #2)

Someone Like You

(Boys of Summer #2)

When Lizzie Blake knocks on the door of Dan McSwaine’s beach house at Middle Point, she barely recognises the man who answers. Whatever happened to the guy who swaggered into her home town with a grin and left with her heart in his back pocket? Lizzie wonders if he’ll ever be that man again — and if she should risk everything she’s built her life on to help him.

Dan can’t n
Published February 1st 2014 by Harlequin MIRA (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Someone Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Like You

Start your review of Someone Like You (Boys of Summer, #2)
Jenny
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Someone Like You is about Dan McSwaine who after a car accident is hiding in Middle Point and Lizzie Blake who runs the local Pub. However, Dan's friend and boss Ryan and his fiance Julia decided to drag him back to the living by pushing Lizzie towards him. Readers of Someone Like You will follow the way Ryan and Julie drove Dan and Lizzie together. Readers will be happy with the conclusion of this book.

I enjoy the way Victoria Purman portrays her characters. I like the way Victoria Purman descr
Brenda
Elizabeth (Lizzie) Blake was manager of the Middle Point pub and Dan McSwaine’s best mate Ryan Blackburn the owner; so the fact that Dan was recovering from a very serious accident and was holed up inside a small shack in Middle Point meant Lizzie was conscious of his presence most of the time. Her original meeting with Dan some months previously had set her heart racing; now, he needed looking after so she agreed to Ryan’s request that she deliver meals to him from the pub.

But Lizzie was shock
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I was charmed by Victoria Purman's debut, Nobody But Him, the first in her Boys of Summer trilogy set in a small fictional town on the coastline of South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula, and totally adored this second installment, titled Someone Like You.

Those familiar with the first book will remember the frisson of attraction between the best friends of Julia and Ry, Lizzie Blake and Dan McSwaine. Picking up just a short time after Ry and Julia found their happy ending in Someone Like You, we
Sally906
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SOMEONE LIKE YOU is the second book in Victoria Purman’s ‘Boys of Summer’ trilogy and I can assure you that far from being boys the male leads are all man!!!! I read the first book Nobody But Him last year and really enjoyed it, so was ecstatic when I scored an advanced copy for this one from the publisher. Lizzie and Dan both appeared in the first book as supporting characters, very much attracted to each other but their time hadn’t come at that point. Now the time has arrived and the two of th ...more
Kira
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dan is trying to hide from his former life as a result of a life changing accident. His best friend, Ry, lives next door with his fiancé Julia and they have hatched a plan to get him out of his man cave which involves sending Lizzie, Julias BFF, next door with hot food. The sparks that started between Dan and Lizzie before his accident are still there but are they too broken to be able to ignite a flame?

I loved the second instalment of the Boys of Summer series. Lizzie is my favourite character
Melissa Wray
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lizzie is one of those characters you can't help but love and want everything to work out for. The thing I enjoyed most about this female character is there was no waiting around for Dan to come to his senses about the way he feels. Lizzie didn't just mope around, she got on with her life. Thank the wonderful writing's of Purman that Dan did get his act together! Let's hope it's a happy ever after for them like their best friends Julia and Ry.
Steve
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Sadly, while I enjoyed this book, it felt much too much like the first book, with a few more plot twists, and a name change. While the romance was good, and built up nicely, the climax was rather predictable, and I guessed the major plot twist that the author drew out over a chapter break at the beginning of the book. I may finish the series, but I'm not sure.
Fallon
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rural-romance
chicklit/romance, boy, girl, emotional baggage, pub... sums it up
Bree T
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Blake isn’t too keen about being roped in to being Meals on Wheels to Dan McSwaine but she can’t really say no to the people that asked her. After all, one is her best friend and the other one is her boss. So she hauls herself up to his beach shack and knocks on his door, offering the best Middle Point pub has to offer. Only to have the door slammed in her face.

Dan has changed since the cocky, gorgeous guy who sauntered into the pub a few months ago with a wink and a smile. There’d been a
Sam Still Reading
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of well written Aussie stories
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: loved Nobody But Him
Sometimes you just discover serendipitously an author that works for you. Victoria Purman is one of those authors for me. I loved her debut novel, Nobody But Him, as it had just the right balance of gorgeous characters, sexual tension and happy ever after. I didn't think she could beat it in her next book in the Boys of Summer trilogy, but oh boy, did she nail it! Someone Like You absolutely sizzles with an undercurrent of sexual tension between the two main characters, Lizzie and Dan. In betwee ...more
Michelle
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Someone Like You is the second book in Victoria Purman‘s Boys of Summer Trilogy which began with Nobody But Him released last October. One of the things that drew me to Nobobdy But Him was the setting – the fictional town of Middle Point, which just happens to be close neighbours to the very real towns of Victor Harbor, Goolwa and Port Eliot on the Fleurieu Peninsula. I may not have been born in South Australia but I have been here for almost half of my life so I am familiar with these towns, th ...more
Sheree
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

I fell in love with the small fictional beachside town of Middle Point on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia after reading the 1st book in Victoria Purman's Boys of Summer trilogy, Nobody But Him. Nobody But Him was Ry and Julia's story and now it's their best friends turn ... I waited with heart-skippy anticipation for Lizzie & Dan's story and what a gorgeous read for the romantic month of February.

Lizzie is one of those women you want as your best friend; loyal, prot
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
3.5 *'s

After a couple of heavy reads, I was searching for a light, pick me up romance. Someone Like You, the second instalment in Victoria Purman’s ‘Boys of Summer’ series fitted the bill perfectly. This time around the story focuses on Lizzie and Dan, who were minor characters in Purman’s first book, Nobody But Him, which I read last year. Dan has had a life changing accident and has chosen to lock himself away from the world in his beach shack. Dan’s boss Ry (who was a main character in the fi
Stacey Houllis
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another very good book by Victoria Purman. It is the second book in the Boys of Summer Trilogy. This follows on from the first book and has characters from the first book in and also introducing new ones as well. The books starts a few months after Dan's accident and he has moved into the house next door to Ryan and Julia who are ow a couple and are wanting to plan their wedding but can't due Dan not going out stay all day in the house not wanting to work, or go out during the day.
Ryan A
Ceri ( A Book Between)
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am going to start off this review by saying I have not read the first book in this series, 'Nobody But Him' but I found that this book reads fine as a stand alone, and while it may have helped to have some more back story I do not feel as though I was missing any major plot points.
Someone Like You is romance set on the South Australian coast, and Purman captures coastal Australia wonderfully. The beautiful beaches and the laid back lifestyle of Middle Point set the perfect scene for Lizzie an
Anne
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book number two in the trilogy. It tied up the loose ends with JJ and Ry from "Nobody but Him" and their marriage as expected from book one. I loved the development of the relationship between Dan and Elizabeth, the twists and turns it all made for a really good read while completing book one nicely.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who likes the light romantic style of novel, I am still fairly new to this style of book but if most books are like this one then I will definitely
Paula Clark
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Another great storyline in this second book of the "Boys of Summer" series.

It was great to catch up with Ry and Julia again and see how their relationship has continued to develop, as well as life after the accident for Dan. This book belonged to Dan and Lizzie though - their struggles and all the ups and downs that they faced individually which led them to where they are now :)

I'm looking forward to the third book in this series and, going by the introduction of a couple of new characters, I ca
Amanda
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am so happy that this book was as good as the first one in this series! I read this book in one sitting as I could not put it down, i really enjoyed the story of Lizzie and Dan, the setting (love a good beachside romance!)and the characters from the first book still having a major role in this book! Now I am hanging out for the next one!
Kristy Cook
His swagger had me from the start and although they had their up n downs getting their act together, I was heald captive and willing to read to find out their story n the path it took for lizzie n dan to get together in the end:) left me wanting more! Another fabulous read, to the brilliant Victoria Purman
marlin1
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the 'Boys of Summer' Trilogy and I think this book outshone the first.
While I did enjoy Julia and Rhy's story, I couldn't wait to get back to Dan and Lizzie's journey each time I put the book down.
I look forward to the next installment and I'm sure once you get to the end of the book you all know who it will be about
Cookie1
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Even this is a light read, like her earlier book I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is so easy to imagine Middle Point and the people in it, especially during the summer season. I can imagine the battles that Dan must be going through after his accident and find it easy to identify with him and other characters in the book.
Thanks for another great read.
Selena
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Victoria your amazing - once again the books was fantastic like the first one -hurry up November for book 3 - this has everything u want in a book and after telling friends they have gone and brought the books can't wait to hear what they think
Patricia Andrew
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great book with characters you fall in love with. I could not put this book down and just loved reading about a town that I want to move to - right now!

Victoria Purman is now one of my favourite authors and I just love her writing.
Bettina
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW...OMG you know you're reading an awesome book when you can't think of anything else and it consumes your mind at work and you can't wait to get home to read more. This story had me hooked from the start and I enjoyed it more than the first book in the series.
Kathryn
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great follow up story to Nobody But Him, loved this story just as much, (although at times,the mix ups with names was a little confusing). Looking forward to reading the next book ( Our Kind Of Love) in "The Boys Of Summer" trilogy. Thankyou Victoria Purman
Tanya
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, the Australian setting, I love Victoria Purman's books and the relationships between people.. I just get it!! Thank you, love a good book.
Tj
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a quick read, and
Recommended to Tj by: Sister
enjoyed reading this book more than the first one, read it in only a few days, want to know what happens to Dan and Elizabeth next.
Anita-maree
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
love this series, cannot wait till the next one comes out.. i love your books..
Ä Em
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am so sorry Victoria. It Just dragged on :( I thought Julia was the one who fixes things? Where was she when Lizzie's mum was sick and died? What a good best friend!!
Lyn Barton
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rural-romance
Follow on from Nobody but Him. It's a toss up whether I liked this more or less than the first book, but loved it all the same. Can't wait for the next book!

• Lonely in Longreach
  • Man Drought
  • The McCalister Legacy
  • Jilted
  • Up on Horseshoe Hill
  • Hold Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2; The Wildflower Ranch #5)
  • His Outback Cowgirl (Wildflower Ranch, #4)
  • Tiny White Lies
  • Her Mistletoe Cowboy (Wildflower Ranch #2; A Marietta Christmas #3)
  • Cherish Me, Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #1; 76th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • The Long Paddock (Woodlea, #1)
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
  • Driftwood
  • The Silver Creek (Woodlea, #6)
  • The Shearer's Wife
  • The Secret Life of Shirley Sullivan
  • The Round Yard (Woodlea, #4)
  • Breaking The Drought
Victoria Purman is a multi-published, award-nominated, Kindle bestselling Australian author. She is a regular guest at writers festivals and has been nominated for a number of readers’ choice awards.
If you want to know more about her and her books, visit www.victoriapurman.com or follow her on facebook at Victoria Purman Author or on twitter @VictoriaPurman.

Boys of Summer (3 books)
  • Nobody But Him (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Our Kind of Love (Boys of Summer, #3)