Start by marking “The Heir to the Amulet” as Want to Read:

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
OUR WORLD BURIED
A NEW WORLD ON THE SURFACE
ONE GIRL CAUGHT BETWEEN

In a mysterious new world where strangely evolved creatures roam the earth and the secrets of the past lie concealed underground, six-year-old Lora arrives home and discovers that a decision she has made has had devastating consequences.

Eight years later, Lora is thrown into a dark struggle when she finds out
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 238 pages
Published December 30th 2013 by Avon Publishers (first published September 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Heir to the Amulet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir to the Amulet

Bibash Sapkota
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Reading this book was a thrilling experience. I loved this novel but there were some tiny holes in the plot which decreased its charm considerably. Richie doesn?t sound like ten years old kid but much older. I think writer failed to portray his character properly. It would be better if some information about The Great Disaster was provided at the beginning of novel. I loved those Burkachillas, especially Miggle, who was intelligent like me (Just joking). I hope they will get to play some importa ...more
Ana
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r4r
Positives:

- The Heir to the Amulet is a fantasy book with a main quest component that I am sure will entertain young people. The three main characters which accompany us throughout most of the book have some appeal. Joining the heroine, we have one very smart gadget loving boy used to the good life and another who has been through difficult times, but still possesses a sense humour, funny most of the times, and who has a tremendous talent to ‘borrow’ items.

- The world in which action takes plac
Michelle Randall
The Heir to the Amulet mixes the ideas of Knights and old world, medieval places and areas or countries with futuristic, high-tech places and areas or countries and blends them into a story of mystery and intrigue, kidnapping and sabotage. Raith was success in her attempt to take over the country of Cymnosa, but the Queen and her children managed to escape. Years later, Queen Sarah has vanished in a plan crash, and the heir, Lora is living under a false identity in another country, while Richie ...more
Arie Farnam
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very fun read, particularly for kids around ages 10 to 15. I am often asked for recommendations of books for this age group in homeschooling circles and I'll put this one on the list.

I was intrigued by the mix of medieval fantasy atmosphere with high-tech elements in the description and the story doesn't disappoint in that. I didn't realize that it was aimed at such a young audience, so I was initially taken aback because the main character is supposed to be six in the beginning and s
Kathy
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this from Library Thing to read and review. This is not normally the type book I read, but I found the read fascinating and enjoyable. In the book, Lora is thrown into a dark world, searching to save a brother she does not know. She encounters many obstacles and pitfalls as she works her way toward saving her brother but manages to get through them, while protecting the one this her enemies covet, the amulet she has. I enjoyed reading about Lora, from infant to young woman, who sets o ...more
Shelly Wygant
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
OUR WORLD BURIED
A NEW WORLD ON THE SURFACE
ONE GIRL CAUGHT BETWEEN

This story starts out with Lora at the age of six. What is happening around her makes her grow up fast and unfortunately without her mother and brother. Fast forward eight years we find her trying to save her best friend and her brother. She has a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. The story flowed easily and had many odd creatures that she meets along the way. Everything Lora endures makes her a stronger person.

A fantasy a
Susan
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heir to the Amulet by S.P. Meijer

I really enjoyed this book. It has an intricate plot and there is a wonderful blend of old world knights in a modern setting. It is fast paced and easy to read. When you are reading the book is feels like you are watching a movie.

The only reason I gave it four stars and not five was that this is a first time author and I think that it shows in places. But I would still highly recommend it.
April
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. At the beginning of this book the girl is but 6 yo and you watch her grow up quickly. The heir to the amulet and to the kingdom in which she grew up but now everyone she knows is gone disappeared or believed dead and now she must fight to save the brother she does not know and the two kingdoms they are heir to. Great read can’t wait to get the next book in this series!!
Preilly
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Heir to the Amulet

Totally exceeded my expectations.

Grips you from the first page and some parts made me laugh out loud. A wonderful world of magical adventure.
Jiyu
Sheila
Dystopia Land: R4R - YA Dystopian with fantasy feel 18 37 Oct 14, 2014 04:36AM
YA Bookaholics: The Heir to the Amulet by S.P. Meijer 1 9 Aug 17, 2014 08:10PM
The YA Dystopian ...: The Heir to the Amulet 1 10 Aug 17, 2014 11:05AM
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • The Birth of Death (The Legacy of Evorath, #1)
  • Chains of the Sciell (Merging Worlds Series, #2)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Circumstellar
  • A Deeper Cut
  • Mary of the Aether
  • Rise of the Dunamy
  • The Concealing (Spirit Warriors #1)
  • James Clyde and the Diamonds of Orchestra
  • Sadie's War (A Supernatural Uprising Novel, Book 1)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • Hunting the Hunter
  • The Way
With a passion for all things outdoors, if she's not sliding down the side of a volcano or exploring an old ship under 30 metres of water, you may just find her curled up on the couch with her latest good read!