Start by marking “Ferno The Fire Dragon (Beast Quest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ferno The Fire Dragon (Beast Quest, #1)

Ferno The Fire Dragon

(Beast Quest #1)

Six fearsome beasts have been cast under an evil spell by the Dark Wizard Malvel, and are destroying the kingdom of Avantia. Our hero Tom and his friend Elenna must free the beasts from the spell and save the land. Let the battle commence!
Published 2007 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Ferno The Fire Dragon, please sign up.
Courtney Do you mean what order do you read them? Or how could someone read them?

If you want the order go to this website; http://beast-quest.com/#books

If you…more
Do you mean what order do you read them? Or how could someone read them?

If you want the order go to this website; http://beast-quest.com/#books

If you are wondering how someone could possibly read this? Well, it is targeted at children. (less)
Courtney This is easily written for children between 6 and 12 year olds. I read it to my cousins a couple of years ago and the youngest was about 6 or 7. I…moreThis is easily written for children between 6 and 12 year olds. I read it to my cousins a couple of years ago and the youngest was about 6 or 7. I wouldn't worry about the series being inappropriate for him. (less)

Start your review of Ferno The Fire Dragon (Beast Quest, #1)
Amara Tanith
If you, like I, were worried that Adam Blade's Beast Quest would be an extremely black-and-white adventure series about children pointlessly slaughtering Always Chaotic Evil "monsters", you can stop worrying. It's not quite that bad. Rather, it's a series in which two preteens, Tom and Elenna of Avantia, go on a quest to save the mythological Beasts--guardians of Avantia--from the brainwashing powers of Devimon's Black Gears. Wait, no--that's the Digimon Emperor's Control Spires. No! The Shikon ...more
Sara
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretty simplistic children's book, i'm obviously not the intended audience but i have a hard time believing i would have liked this much if i was a kid.
Ann
This book is very short (only 78 pages, double-spaced, and including some nice illustrations). It's the first book in a series, but could easily have been the first part of a longer book. That said, I think it's a great book for young readers who might not be that interested in reading, or don't wish to devote much time to reading per sitting.

Tom is a young blacksmith who dreams of doing more, so when his town is threatened by some mysterious force that's burning the land, he goes to the king to
Clare O'Beara
Young readers may like this tale of heroic deeds and strange animals.

A boy called Tom has to go on a quest to save the land of Avantia. The spell cast by an evil wizard is causing the fire dragon to damage the land. Normally he protects the south of the land and the water supply from the river. Tom doesn't want to kill the mighty dragon, just return him to normal, but that means great danger. He meets a girl called Elenna in a forest and life gets easier with two to do the thinking and work.

Once
Thomas
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! It was fillled with action. This book was a just right book for me beacuse I loved the book and I understood it perfectely. I think you should read this book beacuse it is filled with action.

Here is a small summary of the start of the book:
Tom woke to the sound of birds chirping. His uncle came rushing hes room saying "the river has run out of water!" They went to go see when the saw a farm tha looked damaged. they went to go check it out. When they got there they saw a
Erin Dunn
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 8 year old sons love everything they have read so far from this author.
Kelly
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great adventure story for 6+. It's great to read to them but, as they get older, it's a fun story for them to read to themselves. It was an exciting read and full of adventure.
Katy Jean Vance
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beast Quest: Ferno
I think this must be what reading books are talking about when they say books heavy on action and adventure for boys that don't waste time on description or super involved character background.

Beast Quest gets right down to it, and something is happening every moment. From the beginning where the knight dyes on the back of the dragon to Tom's village burning down to his constant struggle against the villains along the way. This is formulaic with shades of King Arthur, Robin
molly
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars, really enjoyed it ...more
William
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was a bit slow to start but then when they fought the fire dragon it got exciting so I gave it five stars.
Kris
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun fantasy adventure read. I look forward to introducing the series to my students.
Sam Curling
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book because it was kind of boring. I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Tom unlocked the golden chain around Ferno's neck.
Lynn Worton
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a fantasy series for children aged 5 - 8. I enjoyed it.

Tom is a wonderful character. He is a young boy whose father was Taladon the Swift, one of the Knights of Avantia. Sent on a quest to free the fire dragon, Ferno, from the curse of Malvel, a dark wizard, he finds himself facing dangers and making new friends.

I initially bought this book to help a couple of reluctant readers I am mentoring get into reading. I decided I would read it myself to see what it's like. The
Snail
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The six beasts that protect the land of Avantia have been enchanted by the evil wizard Malvel, causing them to wreak havoc on the kingdom. When Tom, and ordinary boy, goes to King Hugo seeking help for his village, he finds himself being sent on a quest to liberate the beasts from their enchantment.
I found this book, the first in the Beast Quest series, an easy and fun read. The storyline is exciting and action-packed, but uncomplicated. The author makes a great use of adjectives to set the
Laura Simpson
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This review I have rated 3/5, generally because it is not something that I would pick up to read for myself, but as a children's book, it ticks all the boxes. So the review rating focuses more in my opinion of the book more than anything.
This book as I said ticks all the boxes, orphan sent on a quest, faces challenges and meets friends upon the way and in the end ***spoiler*** completes the quest. Now although relatively simple, these books are hugely popular with young children and you can see
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go
Owen Townend
When I found the first in this expansive series of children's books, I had to see what all the fuss was about.

I am happy to report that Beast Quest's popularity is justified: Blade successfully condenses the high adventure of fantasy novels into just over a hundred pages of entertaining and digestible chapters.

Also the central message promotes release above conquest, the kind of endgoal that we should be teaching younger generations in these troubled times.

It is by no means for hardcore Fantasy
Stacie
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 5-year-old loves this series. He saw the cover with a dragon on it and wanted it, but I doubted him. He hadn't been very good at sitting down to a book. But he sat down and read the prologue all by himself, so I encouraged him and he finished the whole thing! Now he's on book #4 and I feel like his reading has taken off due to this book. The writing style is perfect for him because it's just enough above his level to push him. And the story is exciting so he's motivated to keep reading. I ...more
Betsy
Sep 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read through this quickly because I'd like to do a Beast Quest program at the library and haven't read any of the books. Considering the age level this series is for, it's not too bad. It's not the best fantasy book you're ever going to read, but I know kids here go nuts for them and that's all that matters to me. I may skim through a few more in the series just to see how it goes. They are only about 75 pages long and take about 30 minutes to read.
Rhiannon
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I read this to my son and he seemed to enjoy it and is eager to read the next one. I'm not sure you can get higher praise from a six year old then wanting to contiue the series. I personally thought it a little slow going, but I think the next one's should be better. We know the players of the story now. I am intrested in finishing the rest of the series.
Laree
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be completley honest, I just could NOT get into this book. However, my 8 year old son DEVOURED this whole series in a matter of 2 months. any book series that can make my reluctant reader want to read instead of asking for any electronics for weeks is worth a million stars for me.
Robin
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-fic, adventure, fantasy
Page-turning medievalish fantasy for the early chapter book reader. A little thin on character development, but that's hard to do in 78 pages of dragon-slaying. Would totally recommend to the 7 year old boys (and a few girls) who turn everything into a sword.
Clara
Feb 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: recommendation? hell no!
Definitely the shortest and worst fantasy book I have EVER seen!!!
Stephanie (Bookish Plans)
Great for young readers! The story moves fast and action entails with young knights, Wizards, and dragons. What young kiddo wouldn't love a book like this?!
Gemma Fasheun
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son really enjoyed the whole and to get the next one in the series.
Rhonda
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book to read with a child.

This book was chosen for us to read by my ten year old grandson. I enjoyed the well plotted story. Our hero's are a boy and a girl. They have to face fantastical beasts in order to save the kingdom. The two along with their animal companions show great team work and fast thinking. There are realistic aspects depicted in the way young Tom feels and goes about problem solving. How do I get into this adult world? What can I say to get the King to listen to me? These
Samantha
This is a fun fantasy adventure quest that is great for young ages! I only wish that I had found this series when I was in this reading level!

Tom's village is in danger, so he volunteers to go seek help from the king. So begins a quest in which he works to protect his land and learns more about his mysterious past... who is his unknown father? With the king's faith and the guidance of a sorcerer, Tom finds the strength to fight for his kingdom against the beasts who have been put under a curse
Michael Lent
Middle of the road adventure story with lots of familiar elements and some huge logic leaps. Not only did our 5-year son old predict the ending but asked for us to skip the aftermath in order to start on the next adventure in the series. He likes the build up but not what he calls the "blah-blah-blah."

It is a challenge to find books that appeal to boys in this age group so we are happy that BQ fits the bill.
McKenzie Richardson
This is an easy, quick read.
The writing is very simple, but with lots of adventure. A good fit for children who aren't super into reading. I really liked the pace of the story. A lot happens in a short amount of time.
It's a pretty typical "chosen one" story, but I liked the set up and think it has the makings of an interesting series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Lacemaker and the Princess
  • Treasure of the Gold Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #12)
  • Frog on a Log?
  • The Hidden Stairs and the Magic Carpet (The Secrets of Droon, #1)
  • Oi Cat! (Oi Frog and Friends)
  • Dog on a Frog?
  • The Maze of the Beast (Deltora Quest, #6)
  • Oi Duck-billed Platypus!
  • Power of the Fire Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #4)
  • Passionate Readers: The Art of Reaching and Engaging Every Child
  • Dory Fantasmagory
  • Flight of the Moon Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #6)
  • Saving the Sun Dragon (Dragon Masters #2)
  • Secret of the Water Dragon (Dragon Masters #3)
  • Yours Sincerely, Giraffe
  • Roar of the Thunder Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #8)
  • The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4)
Adam Blade is the house name for the Working Partners Ltd. ghostwriters who write the Beast Quest and Sea Quest series.

Adam Blade is in his late twenties, and was born in Kent, England. His parents were both history teachers and amateur artists, and Adam grew up surrounded by his father’s paintings of historic English battles – which left a lifelong mark on his imagination. He was also fascinated

Beast Quest (1 - 10 of 82 books)
  • Sepron The Sea Serpent (Beast Quest, #2)
  • Cypher The Mountain Giant (Beast Quest, #3)
  • Tagus the Night Horse (Beast Quest, #4)
  • Tartok The Ice Beast (Beast Quest, #5)
  • Epos The Winged Flame (Beast Quest, #6)
  • Zepha The Monster Squid (Beast Quest, #7)
  • Claw the Giant Ape (Beast Quest, #8)
  • Soltra The Stone Charmer (Beast Quest, #9)
  • Vipero The Snake Man (Beast Quest, #10)
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)