Start by marking “The Kissing Season” as Want to Read:

The Kissing Season

From the author of Man Drought and Jilted comes a funny and romantic Christmas story set in rural Australia.

Every family has a black sheep...and Hannah Elliot is it.

It’s no surprise to anyone when Hannah Elliot makes the spontaneous decision to marry a stranger in Las Vegas. But when she finds herself pregnant and her new husband files for an annulment, she dreads having t
Published December 1st 2013 by Harlequin Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Kissing Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kissing Season

Sharon
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hannah Elliot has returned home after living in Las Vegas where she had a failed marriage and then found out she was pregnant. Now she must tell her family and knowing how they'll react she decides to wait until the right time arises.

Matteo Della Bosa known as Matt walks into Hannah's family furniture shop whilst Hannah is there helping out. Matt is wanting to purchase furniture for his mother and when he comes across Hannah there is instant chemistry between the two of them. But Hannah knows sh
Brenda
Hannah Elliot had just returned from a whirlwind marriage and annulment to an almost complete stranger in Las Vegas. Home to her family in Wildwood Point in sunny Western Australia and the condemnation she was sure would follow. The fact that she was also pregnant meant that piece of news was not for public knowledge – she hesitated to tell her family as she knew what would happen.

Christmas was just around the corner, and in the lead-up she was filling in her hours at the family furniture empori
Vanessa
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My only problem with this book is that I didn't want it to end!
Sam Still Reading
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of sweet romance
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: loved Rachael Johns' other books
I must admit that I was first drawn to The Kissing Season by Rachael Johns’ name (she did write the spectacular Outback Dreams after all). But when I saw the cover…isn’t it gorgeous? The heroine has gorgeous eyes and she’s just like I picture Hannah (the heroine). The scenery also reminds me of around Gracetown, in Western Australia’s south west – good thing as the book is set in the South West around Busselton and Margaret River (known for wine, cheese and surfing).

Rachael writes a fantastic st
Stephanie (Bookfever)
The Kissing Season was a short, romantic and amusing christmas story set in rural Australia. Generally this story was pretty sweet but it also had some sexy moments.

This story stood out from other contemporary romances I've read before, in my opinion. Just like the synopsis says Hannah, one of the two main characters, is pregnant. I think it's pretty unique to start a book out like that. I really liked this aspect of the story.

I really liked how Hannah and Matt first met each other. It was pret
Fiona Marsden
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet romance with no real surprises but a yummy hero in Matteo and an interesting heroine in Hannah. She seems to be a bit of a ditz in terms of not being able to settle and always falling in love with hopeless losers. Including Larry the Loser who married her in a Vegas wedding and promptly dumped her when she fell pregnant.

Back home in Western Australia, Hannah is trying to fly under the radar, not telling her family she's preggers because it will just fit in with their belief that
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

The Kissing Season, a short and sweet romance novella by Rachel Johns, is an enjoyable distraction during the busyness of the holiday season.

Hannah Elliot has returned home to Wildwood Point after an ill-advised adventure in Las Vegas. Facing her family's disappointment with her impulsive marriage, and the annulment that followed barely a week later, is difficult enough, so admitting she is going to be a single mother is impossible. Yet Hannah is determined to keep her baby, vowing to make more
Aussie bookworm
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for a good Australian Romance, and no one does it better than Rachael Johns. Although the Kissing season is a novella, is a wonderful heart warming story about a young woman called Hannah who keeps making stupid mistakes where men are concerned, She made a rash decision to marry a stranger in Las Vegas, which turned sour after finding out that she is pregnant. So Hannah decided for the sake of her baby she moves back home with her brothers and parents and tries to prove to her fami ...more
Shannon

The Characters

Hannah Elliot
Matteo Jerky Jerkerson

The Story

Look I can’t with this guy. I mean I think he is supposed to come off as a suave playboy but to me he’s just reading as a jerk. I don’t have patience for that.

The Random Thoughts

*DNF so no rating
Kristy Cook
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it from start to finish:) beautiful story line:) n loved the characters:) made me feel right at home
Bree T
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hannah is the black sheep of the Elliot family. While her three brothers are all settled with stable partners and hard at work in the family furniture making business, Hannah has spent the past few years travelling overseas both for adventure and as a way to avoid the fact that she doesn’t know what she wants to do with her life.

It was no surprise to anyone that Hannah impulsively married a man she barely knew in Las Vegas and it seems that everyone was even less surprised when it didn’t work ou
Sally906
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
THE KISSING SEASON is a Christmas novella and a wonderful, but quick, romance. The two leads are Hannah and Matteo (Matt). Hannah is a nice girl who makes rash decisions and has not been lucky with her choice of men. Her last mistake was an impetuous decision to be married in Las Vegas and ending up pregnant and divorced. She has returned home to Australia but has not plucked up enough courage to disappoint her mum and dad once again by telling them she is pregnant. She has finally turned a corn ...more
Jess
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Kissing Season is a delightful Christmas themed novella that is sure to get everyone in the Christmas spirit.

Hannah Elliot is renowned for making bad decisions, it is after all what made her the black sheep of the family. Having returned home to WA in time for Christmas nursing a bruised ego, broken heart and the biggest secret of her life, the last thing she expects to stumble upon is the gorgeous Matteo Della-Bosca. Sworn off men after her disastrous Vegas wedding, Hannah isn’t looking for
Christi Snow
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
Overall, this was a fun, quick little read. Hannah is the black sheep of the family. She's a bit flighty with a need for adventure that tends to get her in trouble. Currently that attitude ended with her pregnant and with an annulled marriage. Oops, but it's the Christmas and she doesn't want to ruin her family's holiday so she hasn't told anyone. She's right at three months pregnant.

Matt is home for the holidays when Hannah catches his eye. She's beautiful, but really hard to get...so
Lauredhel
This is a sweet, uncomplicated romantic holiday novella. It centres on Hannah, a woman who is a few weeks out of a whirlwind Vegas marriage to a stranger, who left the moment she found out she was pregnant. She comes home to her family in the beautiful Southwest of Western Australia, determined to raise her child alone and forgo romantic flings for the foreseeable future. Matteo throws a spanner in the works when he turns up to her family shop to buy a houseful of furniture. The events in the sh ...more
Bec
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This funny novella finds Hannah Elliot making some bad decisions. Decisions that find her suddenly moving back to Australia after living in America, but surely her family can forgive her marring a stranger, then getting an annulment, oops but don't forget the getting pregnant part. If she can just get through Christmas maybe Hannah can get things back on track and prove to her family that she is responsible and grown up. And it was all going well, keeping a low profile working in the family furn ...more
Sheree

My first Christmassy read for the holiday season! After enjoying Man Drought & Outback Dreams, I'm totally on board as a Rachael Johns' fan. The Kissing Season is a sweet romance with a lovely splash of Australian family Christmas tradition.

No question about it Hannah & Matteo are hot together, I wasn't a fan of their first meeting; (I'm not a prude, at all, but my first thought was ... ewww who does that??) I felt like it was included to push the plot forward when it really did
Yazmin
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
In The Kissing Season by Rachael Johns, Hannah Elliot is the black sheep of the family, but she feels more like the failure. She only proved them right once more when she married a stranger in Las Vegas only to have him file for an annulment after he finds out she is pregnant and doesn’t want to get rid of the baby. And it looked like it was not the first time that happened to him.

Now Hannah has returned home to Wildwood Point, Australia determined to become a good mother and to put her baby’s n
Kimberly
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.75 Hearts This is a very sweet short story. While not a very Christmasy story it is still very tender and enjoyable. It is a bit obvious of a storyline but that is ok. The characters have an instant connection and truly are adorable together. Enjoyable read for anytime of year.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Helen
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great story I loved it and you will not want to put it down a great setting In Western Australia a hot Aussie Christmas love at first sight and one very hot romantic hero in Matteo and Hannah a strong heroine who has got herself in a few scapes over the years. I loved their journey to a HEA this one had me smiling and with tears in my eyes :)
JoMarie DeGioia
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was adorable and I really liked experiencing a hot-weather Christmas second-hand! The story was fast but the characterization was so well done it never felt rushed to me. Both the hero and heroine had issues but the deep point-of-view helped with the emotional obstacles and resolution. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Cookie1
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a novella hence is very short. It is full of the romance between Hannah and Matteo but it must happen quickly because of the length of the novella. I enjoyed this read. Probably not as good as her novels but still a quick, enjoyable read.
Bettina
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Rachael's books as always. Only downside was that the story was too short!
Talking Books
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read from start to finish.
Kathy
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Cute story... review to come

Content: language, lots of innuendo and a sex scene (more than I was expecting based on a review I read that this was a sweet read)
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Full review to come.

Really loving coastal-set romance at the mo.
Rebecca
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Waiting for a book two! ;) Please say there will be lol
Kathryn
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Enjoyable novella, with a Down Under Christmas which makes a pleasant change.
Carol S Tikkanen
d. The only.problem is it was too short. A good romance short romance story for women who may be pregnant without.The father being invo!vef.

A happy story about.Hannah meeting Matt who turns out to be what she always wanted in a husband. A good romance story for women who may be pregnant without the father.wanting to be involved. The only problem with this story is.It is.too short.
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Brilliant story Hannah has returned home at her family's request to calm herself down but when Matt walks into the family furniture shop will she be able to keep her wild side at bay hmmm there is so much passion and heat from these two.

Love this story if you haven't read it go do yourself a favour get a copy it's sweet, loving hot wicked and just excellent.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Girl in the Yellow Vest
  • The Outback Heart
  • Beneath Outback Skies (Outback Dust #1)
  • Heartland
  • 12 Days at Silver Bells House (Swallow's Fall #2)
  • Operation White Christmas: An Escape to the Country Novella
  • Burnt
  • Nobody But Him (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Queen of the Road
  • Hope's Road
  • Ryders Ridge
  • Breaking The Drought
  • Half Moon Bay
  • Dark Country (Dungirri, #2)
  • Blood Secret