Start by marking “Silo Submerged” as Want to Read:
Silo Submerged

Silo Submerged

(The Runner #1-3)

In the depths of Silo 35, water is pouring in at an unstoppable rate. Ace and a team of Divers are doing the best they can to avert this disaster, but it may not be enough.

When Ace proposes another, more drastic way of saving the silo's population, he is banished for his sin of toxic words. What happens during and after his cleaning is unprecedented and will greatly affect
Published October 2nd 2013 by WJ Davies Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Silo Submerged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silo Submerged

Start your review of Silo Submerged
Chip
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
2.5 stars. The first book and perhaps the second were better ... perhaps three stars, but then it went downhill. Nothing original added to Howrey’s universe and, although it’s been a while since I read the Wool books, the second half doesn’t even seem consistent therewith.
Manda Meow
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
While the narrative style is pleasant, there are far too many plot inconsistencies both within this story and between Howey's silo world and the world Davies describes. There is little that is truly creative here, the author has only recombined borrowed ideas, and not very well at that. This entire piece seems like a big missed oppertunity.

The only thing positive I can say about this work is that it is refreshing to see sexuality portrayed as something beyond a strict heterosexual/homosexual
Andrew Lebwohl
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
th

The writing was decent, and the story was told well for the first half.

Mr. Davies might have stopped there.

The middle of the book starts beating us over the head with borderline-polemical morality plays about a right-wing ethic surrounding the modern culture war issues of abortion and homosexuality. Oh, everyone instinctively feels that a new pregnancy is a baby whose life is more important than that of the parents? is that reflected in the real world? Oh, a gay guy can just decide to turn
Patrick
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intensely Wool

I was totally impressed by Ann Christy's fan fiction -Silo 49 and stunned by how easily it fit into The Wool universe. Davies wrote a miniseries that is just as good and fits into Wool as nicely. The characters and silos are written as well and in the same style as Howey.

The introduction of a same-sex long-term relationship was a welcome surprise to the Wool universe. It never occurred to me how the Silos would handle that. This book does it very well and the pressures that result
Akoniti
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stellar entry in the Silo universe.

I've read Hugh Howey's originals, and Ann Chrisy's Silo 49 series as well.

Ann Christy's tales were enjoyable, but lacked a certain dark overtone that made Howey's originals so compelling.

W.J. Davies *nails it* on that front. Not only is he a great writer, but he applies those skills masterfully to this particular world. He captures the feel perfectly, and created a real page-turner here.
Jo Fountain
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!!

Oh wow, another great silo read. Awesome characters, and yet another great idea coming about from Hugh Howey's original wool trilogy of his silo universe. Definitely give this one a read!
Jennifer Lewis
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read, if you liked the silo series.

Held my attention, wish there was more at the end so he definitely could have added more. I’m going to see if there is a next series from him.
Gordon Grimes
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Good plot but a bit heavy on the trendy love story

I thought the story concept was very interesting and we'll developed. The characters were moderately well developed, but most ink was spent on the main character and most of that on his inner turmoil regarding his love life.
PJ Lea
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it

The Silo stories are always troubling, yet show hope for humanity no matter how dire the circumstances.
I liked this, a nice read though I was expecting to see more about the actual flooding.
Laura Preston-Mobley
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable series, great addition to the "Wool" stories!

Great addition to Hugh Howie's Wool series! Enjoyed the stories and the writing style. Will read more from this author.
JT
Nov 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf after 10%. Sorry not what I was expecting, just couldn't get any further.
Russel
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wanted
I liked it. A new story in a familiar world. If you are a fan of the original Silo Trilogy, give this one a try.
Dustin
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of new authors building on the collective Silo world's. this story is quick, fun, and holds true to the style and wimsy of it's foundational story.
Chris
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A tale of two silos in one terrific trilogy!

This omnibus is a compilation of three parts, telling one larger tale.

In The Runner, we meet Ace and Mick in flashbacks, inhabitants of Silo 35. They are a gay couple who get into some trouble when Mick is inadvertently responsible for a catastrophic accident that causes the silo to start filling with water. Mick is punished for his actions, leaving Ace distraught. In the present, Ace becomes a diver, with the goal of trying to slow down the rising
Heather Duff
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now you may have guessed from my review history that I am partial to anything Wool (that is the book not the ball of)related, having read the original story I have been overwhelmed by the continuation of the silo stories in such books as Karma of the Silo and now this brilliant book Silo Submerged by WJ Davies.

Now I am writing this hoping you have a little knowledge of what this world is about, no you don't? Okay quick recap!!

Bombs go off
People go underground to live in 144 floor deep silos
Rebask
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Some fan fiction STINKS, but this one - It was GREAT
Prior to reading a few "freebie promo books", I had steered clear of "Fan Fiction" because I felt as if it was not a TRUE BOOK - I thought, "How Could it be - the author 'borrowed' from someone else's original idea... Comparing in my mind fan fiction to, say, painting a painting OF another person's original art, changing a few details and calling it your own, or photo-shopping someone's original picture and calling it 'yours'... I thought of it
Bluecobras09
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Silo Submerged is a great addition to the Wool series. When authors start writing in another authors world you always wonder if it will meet or exceed the original author. I will say now that W.J. Davies did a superb job with this book. It has been a while since I read Wool, but Silo Submerged felt just like Wool did, like meeting up with an old friend. It is an outstanding book and a must read for anyone who enjoys the world of Wool.
Mia
Silo 36 is flooding. They're losing floors one by one, the population getting cramped on the higher levels. Things are already on the verge of chaos, so an unsuccessful cleaning pushes things over the edge.

This story set in the Wool universe lets us into some more Silo's. However, unlike the original which introduced characters in order to follow their stories, this series introduced characters, followed their stories slightly, but failed to resolve them.
Christen Lee
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I <3 love <3 when other authors pay respect to a series/worlds that they love by creating alternate plots in that world, with the original author's blessings of course!

This collection of 3 stories set in the world of WOOL is well written and simply gripping :)
Grzegorz Janoszka
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read many silo fan fiction and Silo Submerged was the best one or definitely one of the best. The first two parts were good read, but not amazing. The third part however was very good.I liked all the ideas and the ending. Must to read for all silo world fans!
Bret Schlyer
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very solid fan fiction set in the Wool universe.
Dayle
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Excellent book, I am caught up in the whole Silo story!
Jonathan G. Meyer
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great Silo story.

I liked this book, but it was a little predictable. Well developed characters and a nice style of writing made this story a good read.
Brad Hedrick
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book stays true to the Silo Series and has a few twists of its own. If you like the WOOL series, then you will like this book as well.
wanda vahle
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Silo

From the inspiration of Hugh Howey the Silo saga continues with the imagination of WJ Davies. Excellent story. Thanks Mr Davies.
Tom Dixon
Utopian and Dysto...: Silo Fanfiction 1 5 May 06, 2014 11:16PM
Dystopia Land: Silo Fanfiction 1 19 May 06, 2014 10:55PM
Science Fiction B...: Silo Fanfiction 1 3 May 06, 2014 10:43PM
Goodreads All Sorts: Silo Fanfiction 1 2 May 06, 2014 09:59PM

• Deep Dark (Silo 49, #2)
  • Dark Till Dawn (Silo 49, #3)
  • Going Dark (Silo 49, #1)
  • Flying Season for the Mis-Recorded (Silo 49, #4)
  • Karma of the Silo (Karma #1-5)
  • Submerged in the World of Wool
  • Shadows (Silo Saga)
  • Beacon 23 (Beacon 23, #1-5)
  • Sand (Sand, #1-5)
  • Rebel State: The Year One Trilogy: A Wool Universe Story
  • Resist: Tales from a Future Worth Fighting Against
  • The Door: Science Fiction Mystery
Hello everyone,

My name is Wes Davies and I write under the name WJ Davies.

I currently have three novellas set in the Silo universe available entitled The Runner, The Diver, and The Watcher. These works are inspired by Hugh Howey's bestselling WOOL series and, unbelievably, have sold over 15,000 copies since January '13.

Living in Toronto, I work for a computer software company and write in my spare

The Runner (3 books)
  • The Runner (The Runner, #1)
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • The Watcher (The Runner #3)
“With the intermittent electricity supply they'd had to deal with the last few months, it was no wonder things were going haywire.” 0 likes
“leaned over the railing, gripping the metal, and heard a muffled cry and the flapping of fabric retreating downward at terminal velocity. He” 0 likes