Start by marking “Public Relations For Authors Take Hold of Your Own Promotions” as Want to Read:
Public Relations For Authors Take Hold of Your Own Promotions

Read Book

Public Relations For Authors Take Hold of Your Own Promotions

Getting help to promote your book just got easier. Public Relations for Authors Take Hold of Your Own Promotions will help you locate that special publicist who will help you promote your book the right way. As a Publicity Director for two publishers Babs brings knowledge to the book.

Public Relations teaches you why you need a publicist and how to find the right one for yo
ebook, First, 30 pages
Published October 23rd 2013 by Babs Hightower (first published October 22nd 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Public Relations For Authors Take Hold of Your Own Promotions

WiLoveBooks
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These days, authors do it all. This is a quick, easy read with practical tips for getting the word out about your book. It has tips that are useful for authors at any stage of the game. If you have written or are writing a book, unsure what to do next, definitely check it out. Even if you think you have it covered, you may pick up something new.
Ruth Hill
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads, e-books
Let me say from the outset that this is a short book, but it is pithy and to the point. If you are an author (especially if you are just starting out), I can highly recommend this book to you. It is chock full of amazing ideas for promotions and more. I don't want to give away what is in this book, but I plan to highlight a few things in passing.

I am so glad that she made recommendations that I have learned as a blogger. And I have come to appreciate these ideas as well. She explains why authors
Sedonia
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is written in very simple language. It's short and to the point and so not overwhelming with information. You can read it in one sitting, like a pamphlet and then go back to it and use it for reference. I'm a published author and as I read it I kept thinking, wow, I don't do any of this to promote my books. I really need to. And I felt that this book would be the perfect guide because I don't have a lot of time and money to invest in PR. Babs's instructions are perfect for authors like ...more
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Public Relations for Authors is a wealth of information for Authors trying to decide whether they need a Publicist or not, it also provides a lot of information for some DYI Public Relations.

This short guide was very informative and provided several do's and don't's that I would have never thought of on my own. It even provided information that should be asked when interviewing perspective Publicists and it was very well written, very clear and precise.

The information provided in this guide, t
Victoria Vane
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Everything I wish I had known as a debut author...

This short and concise guide written by a publishing PR professional provides the often clueless author a means of forming a coherent and sound promotional strategy. Highly recommended.
Mary Malcolm
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Clearly Babs Hightower has a firm grip on what it takes to promote books and how to guide authors in their promotional quests. Very highly recommended book for anyone looking to push their sales higher in the publicity world.
Mary Ting
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had this information when I first became an author. It’s perfect to get you started and yet not too overwhelming. It’s an excellent guide not just for the beginners but also for the experienced one that need reminders here and there.
Raven Reviewer
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: writers and aspiring authors
Recommended to Raven by: author
A book blogger gives promotional advice to authors gained through years of her experience.

Some information is spot on and other pieces are interesting. Blog tour advice is quite accurate and, if followed, would be helpful for all parties. The advice on guest posts is spot on. I cannot remember a time where I have turned down a guest post and the only reason would be if the genre did not match my blog’s brand.

This is not PR For Dummies by any means. This is a practical guide for authors looking f
Lady Soliloque
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that all authors should have on their shelves. As an author myself, I have witnessed many good authors who go unnoticed because they simply do not have the tools to promote their work. Babs Hightower has written a concise, easy to follow, how-to guide for authors, and if you are an author, you need this book.

Not only does Babs give step-by-step instructions, she provides examples of press releases, press kits, and all the related materials every author needs to sell their book.

I e
Priscilla
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been blogging about books since last year. During my journey, I’ve learned that the viva voce is an influential tool. Because of this, as a book blogger, I always try my best to spread the word about indie authors and their new book. Having issue regarding book promotion ideas? Every author knows that public relation has a significant role to play in the writing business. Where to find a PR agent? How much do I need to spend?

This is where Public Relations for Authors Take Hold of Your Own P
Sapphyria
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Public Relations for Authors: Take Hold of Your Own Promotions is a very eye opening short book. It's packed full of useful and helpful knowledge that all authors should have available at their fingertips. Public Relations for Authors contains detailed instructions that all authors, new or established, can learn from, and also includes samples of pitches, press releases, and media kits.

Social media is discussed, as well. Social media is very important when networking and promoting you and your b
J. Walker
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, you've written a book. Congratulations! That's no small thing. Lots of people talk about writing a book. Some even start, but you finished! Now what? That's right. I asked you about your next step. I don't want to be a downer, but writing the book was the easy part. Not to worry. Babs has some helpful tips, hints, and answers for those sort of questions.

This is a short, easy to read manual of what to do after you type The End. PR and marketing are essential to getting your book to sell. She
Lisa
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Babs Hightower became a publicity director in December 2012 for Entangled Publishing.

This mini read deals with authors who may have published a book but don't know how to get the word out.

The book is a step by step guide of what a publicist could and should do for you.

There are some great tips in this book too. One relates to bloggers who've hosted you on a blog stop. Stop by and say "Thanks for having me". Believe me, being a blogger, this does not happy very often.

The book talks you through
Amelia Elizabeth
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author of an honest review.

Earlier this year I took a class on Contemporary Writers and Publishing. Nearly everything we covered in that class appears in this book, albeit on a smaller scale. It's important for authors to have an understanding of how to promote their book. There is only so much a publishing house will do for you. If you are a self-published author, this book is even more important for you to pick up.

This book briefly covers some of the mos
A.R. Von
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a short and to the point guide many authors out there can learn a lot from. It gives a sense of what to expect and a boost of confidence from reading it. Knowing a better idea of what should and should not be done when doing PR. I've learned a couple of things that have never even crossed my mind. Especially prep wise.

There are even a few examples within Public Relations for Authors that are in easy to understand and read formats. I feel those examples provided help ease the stress, tens
Lynda Dickson
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All authors
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a handy guide designed to help authors, especially new self-published authors, understand the role of the book publicist. It is a quick, easy, informative read, including handy tips on how to conduct yourself on a blog tour. The author makes the interesting point (in relation to giveaways), "I cannot stress enough DO NOT giveaway your book for the prize," but suggests giving away a gift card instead.

While the information provided is timely, the graphics are too small and unable to be enl
Lynelle Clark
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

A practical, step by step book that helps you find the correct publicist, when publishing a book. Which direction to follow when you market the book and how to approach said avenues.
Easy to follow steps that shows you how to create your profile and media kit, the most important thing other then the book itself.
Questions you should ask when requiring the services of a PR.
A great tool for all authors.
Lynelle Clark
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Questions you should ask when requiring the services of a PR.
A great tool for all authors.
Dawn
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

I thought that this book was going to be a resource for authors who want to publicize their book on their own. It actually explains what to expect from a publicist and what the author can do to help the publicist promote their book.

This is a great resource for any author who is using, or is planning to hire, a publicist.
Babs
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: publishing
Of course this is my own book , but it does have a lot of information that can help all authors. Hope you give it a try.
J.B (Debbie)
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book. Review to follow
Barb
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent guide for the beginner author as well as the experienced one. Ms Hightower covers all aspects of Public Relations for the author in language that anyone can understand.
Agatha Chocolats
Sarabu Shravani
Mar 15, 2015
Amy Olle
Mar 17, 2016
CEO/ Owner of the magazine Babs BookMark & blog, Babs Book Bistro. Babs Hightower has been helping authors since 2000. She owns a book review blog Babs Book Bistro which got her started in PR and helping authors promote themselves.