Start by marking “Joyfully Yours” as Want to Read:

Joyfully Yours

When fate keeps throwing a handsome good Samaritan in her path, musician Faith Leary needs a little holiday magic to help her see he’s perfect for her.

A musician and a priest walk into a grocery store—singer Faith Leary thinks this is a better opening for an off-color joke than a recipe for romance, until she finds herself ogling Father Michael in the checkout line the day
Published November 30th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Joyfully Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joyfully Yours

Siobhan
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joyfully Yours is a quick fun read from Amy Lamont, providing a fun festive romance for anyone looking for a quick read of the season.

Joyfully Yours is like any other Amy Lamont read – it has plenty of drama, plenty of emotions, and it holds your attention throughout. Unlike the other Amy Lamont reads I have read, however, this one is lacking in the steam element. Joyfully Yours is simply a sweet romantic story, one that will hold you throughout.

Without a doubt, this little novella is the perfec
Ali (Our Book Boyfriends) Flores
Faith Leary is funny and witty. I liked her from the start – especially when she found herself in a check-out line the day before Thanksgiving wondering how fast she was going to go to hell for checking out a priest. Her common misconceptions about priests were hilarious. She actually wondered about his use of a cell phone?!?

The story as a whole was comical. Even the general holiday rudeness from the public was funny. Then there’s Faith’s gay brother, Frank, that is just hysterical himself. It j
Dianne
What happens when the family black sheep falls for the new priest in town? Is it possible to fall in love over a can of cranberry sauce? Joyfully Yours by Amy Lamont is that sweet little contemporary romance story you can share with your mother. Musician Faith Leary and Episcopalian priest, Father Michael could not seem more different to outsiders, and even Faith doesn’t see how Michael could see any good in her, after all, her sister would make the perfect wife, not her. Did anyone ask Michael ...more
Stephanie Villere
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Joyfully Yours written by Amy Lamont. It’s a sweet little novella and I really liked it. Faith never seems to break out of the same old story until she meets a stranger in the grocery store checkout lane. As she is struggling to find enough change the handsome stranger offers to pay for her purchase. What a fateful meeting. Father Michael is an interesting enigma. Do priests get to have families? Would Faith be good enough to be involved with a priest? Is Father Micheal interested in mor ...more
Yvonne
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Musician Faith Leary runs an errand at a local grocery on the night of Thanksgiving. If she doesn’t bring the cranberry sauce, her mother will kill her. She finds two cans but the store is crowded and she discovers she has no money to pay for her items. Father Michael sees her predicament and lends a hand. Faith is immediately attracted to the man but he’s a priest. She has to ignore her feelings.

She finally makes her way to her mother’s house only to find Father Michael there. Not to mention th
Calatasde
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
One day at the grocery store they met without names and they falling in love each other.Other day Faith's mother on the Thanksgiving Dinner she invite a guest. Guess Who? A Priest. And Who is this really? At the Grocery Store who help her.

Who could Believe that a Father can look more handsome everyday? Can a Priest really love?

The book was amazing. I love it so much! I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did! It's the story of Faith and Michael - Faith doesn't think she's "right" for
Susan Swiderski
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: heartwarming, romance
This book is exactly what I expected from something called "Joyfully Yours." It's a sweet holiday romance filled with innocent discovery, a touch of humor, and a happy ending. Plus, it's a very quick easy read. Just the right thing to infuse a little touch of Christmas happiness smack dab in the middle of a sweltering July. (Or any other time of year, for that matter!)

I'd give it three and a half stars.
Tarra
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very sweet, uplifting, short read. Well rounded characters, fast paced. I would love to see this fleshed out to a full length novel, I feel like we only got a glimpse at the beginning of their relationship. Definitely an author I'd like to read more from.
Dee
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novella
Two-haiku review:

She's a musician
How can she fall for a priest?
Can romance work out?

Very well written
Terrific character depth
I loved this story!
Simone Bhalla
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely, sweet holiday read!

It was quite unique read with a priest in it as a love interest for heroine it was bit strange to imagine myself in her place but it was sweet and funny!

Priest... priest... priest...

Lol poor thing how many times she was doing her best not to have naughty thoughts about priest but she just couldn't help herself!

It was a short but cute read!

* ARC provided by Author for an honest review
Debra
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joyfully Yours

This was a fast read about a musician, a priest, and a magazine editor. Two were sisters who had nothing in common, except the man in the middle. Add the green eyes monster you have enough angst even the holiest one would roll his eyes. Who will win the heart of the man?
Whitney
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joyfully Yours is such a cute story. I really enjoyed reading this story it was the first book that I have read by Amy Lamont and it will certainly not be the last. It was such a quick and easy read that just had you from the very beginning. I loved getting to see Faith and Michael find each other and I love getting to see them work together.
Heather
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Joyfully Yours was a cute holiday read, perfect for those who want to get into the Christmas spirit. I like Faith from the start, although there were times I wanted to slap her older sister, Maddie. Father Michael was a sweetie and I enjoyed watching his and Faith's romance develop. Overall, a quick, fun novella that will put a smile on any reader's face.
Carole
Found parts, especially Heroine's inner dialogue overly repetitive and several characters were too archetypal and not enough personality (her hypercritical sister)...sorry, not my cup of tea.
OK but won't re-read, so Toasted from my Ebook Library.
Smiley
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cute.

More of a short story. I definitely didn't think it would go from meeting to a proposal in a couple of pages.
Charlene
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
So sweet. Loved it
Tiffany Willams
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
"It should be illegal for a priest to look so good. What was that line? Lead me not into temptation..."

What a cute story!!!

Faith is a very relatable character. She's the youngest in her family, but feels like the loser. She's not the perfect daughter like her sister, or a doctor like her brother. She's a struggling musician with a heart of gold.

When Father Michael Flannery walks into her life in the checkout line in the grocery store, her world will forever be changed.

"I think you're the answ
Stephanie Parent
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s that time of year again…the time to read adorable, heartwarming Christmas novellas like Amy Lamont’s Joyfully Yours. This was my first introduction to Amy Lamont’s writing, and I really enjoyed it! I liked reading a love story with a genuinely nice, ordinary, but still very attractive guy—oh, and he also happens to be a priest. (He’s not Catholic, though, so there’s no forbidden romance drama here. Just hot Father Michael.) And our heroine Faith is very relatable and sympathetic as a twenty ...more
Sm
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
yup - I'm still on that holiday kick!

this one was easy to read - there was music involved, forbidden attraction ((view spoiler)) and lots of food talk and - just in time for the holidays - volunteerism!

there was also a bit of sibling rivalry and questioning one's life choices - so you know, a typical holiday!

this book also surprised me with an observation that really hit home with
KyBunnies
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Bunny's Review

For this reader this book ended up being one of those books that ended way too soon. I quickly feel in love with Faith and Michael.

Faith is the family black sheep. She does what makes her happy and does not care what her family or anyone else thinks.

She wants more than just a friend relationship with Father Michael but is quickly put off by her overachieving sister that is very jealous.

To me this book is about never giving up. Always go for your dreams,
Diane
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
If you are looking for a quick read to lift your spirits, then this is the book for you. It is a story about Faith who is at a point where she is questioning her life choices and has a bit of self esteem issues. It is a story of Michael who is a priest (the kind of priest that is allowed to have relationships with the opposite sex - in case you were wondering). The supporting characters were so real that you can relate to them. Hard to please mom, gay brother, perfect sister who does no wrong. W ...more
Ruth Hill
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, this holiday romance is more like it. I can describe it as funny, romantic, sweet, and loads of fun! Yes, it is predictable, but Amy Lamont has a way of making it seem new and fresh. After all, a priest and a musician? The ending was a bit of a stretch, but it was reeking with romance. I would love to read a full-length book featuring these characters.

One of the best things about this book is that there are no bedroom scenes and only very minimal profanity that does not even need to be men
Margaret Tidwell
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Joyfully Yours by Amy Lamont was a super cute book to read. This was such a fun story and I loved that I was able to read it in an hour or so. I love short stories that I can read quick but yet even though they are short stories I still I get to know the characters. This book was wonderfully written and to be honest with everyone she did an amazing job of keeping the story short and yet not making you feel like you are missing out on anything or like the story should have been longer. I wish the ...more
Mary
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Feeling Unworthy of Love

Faith has always felt like the black sheep of the family and never the one to receive compliments from her Mom. When she meets Father Michael, Episcopalian priest, she has instantaneous attraction but unfortunately her older sister is after the very single priest too. Maddie makes Faith think that she isn't worthy of Michael...that he needs someone more put together with direction and purpose in their life. This was a heart warming story and a lovely recommended read!
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebies
What a sweet story. I immediately liked Faith. And of course Father Michael. I did wonder why she would go home, knowing how she would be treated by her sister and mom. The story was sweet, and clean. I was worried I was going to be weirded out at the fact he is a priest...but he isn't THAT kind of priest! & oh Lord, i cringed everytine maddie touched Michael's arm.. ugh!

It was a quick read, and although I would've loved to read more about Mike and faith, I thought it was short and sweet. N
Racheal
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had downloaded this book from the suggestion of a friend and I have to say that I am glad that I did! Joyfully Yours was such a fun book to read. It definitely will be one of my most favorite stories that I have read this holiday season. The characters were wonderful to get to know and a few of them were quite comical.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone. I know that I will be re reading it!!
Natalija
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Joyfully Yours is a lovely story of romance between two unlikely people: a self-proclaimed family screw-up and an Episcopal priest. The only quibble I have is the repetitive use of the word smile/smiled (54 times). Still, this was an enjoyable read, and I look forward to more stories from this author.
N. Kuhn
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really really wanted to love this book. I loved the plot, the romance, the sweetness of it. The characters were well written. This is one of those amazing feel good books that make you feel the holiday cheer! My only issue is the ending. I felt it was rushed, unnecessary and almost ruined it for me. I won't post a spoiler. Just saying, the whole story played out well, I wish more time was spent on the ending! This is a great holiday read though!
Christy
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it was way too short. But for a short story it was sweet and well thought out. I loved the way the author described how people were feeling when they looked at each other and described the facial expressions was just perfect.
Judy King
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've been reading Christmas books all month, maybe I've become jaded -- but all indications lead me to believe that this author can do much better. It feels as if she was trying to finesse the "priestly" plot to get reviews and readers -- trying to mske readers believe is a catholic priest instead of anglican or episcopalian...a litttle too hokey.
  • A Family for Christmas
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1, The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Rose, Undercover (Dead Roses, #1.1)
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • The Fairy Tale Bride (Montana Born Brides, #1)
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Love on Main Street
  • Silver Bells
  • Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise #3.5)
  • Kiss The Bride (Montana Born Brides #5; The Davis Sisters #2)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Hope for Christmas (Noel, Montana, #1)
  • Love Down Under: Eight New Zealand & Australian Feel-Good Beach Romances
  • The Christmas Sisters
  • Second Chance Christmas (Second Chance Love Story)
  • Down to You (Love on Edge, #1)

USA Today bestselling author Amy Lamont writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance filled with quirky heroines, alpha heroes, and always a happily ever after. Whether she’s writing about world-weary billionaires or rugged bear shifters, she loves nothing more than delivering stories with just as much heart as heat.

Amy lives in a small town outside of New York City with her husband, twin dau
“Holy crap. How fast does a person get sent to hell for checking out a priest?” 0 likes