Start by marking “It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)” as Want to Read:
It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)

It Happened One Wedding

(FBI/US Attorney #5)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  14,227 ratings  ·  1,279 reviews
SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until
Published May 6th 2014 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about It Happened One Wedding, please sign up.
Nahla Khayyatt Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series…more
Each book in this series is a stand-alone so yes, you could read this first.
I usually start from book 1 and read all the way to the end of a series because I personally enjoy the appearance of past characters in a newer book (which happens in this series) but that's just me heh xD(less)

·  14,227 ratings  ·  1,279 reviews

Start your review of It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
A.
3.5 Stars

Aww...

This was so cute.

I was a little reluctant to read it because rom coms are really not my thing. They tend to be silly and the characters annoying. I prefer grittier books.

But this one has amazing characters. The heroine is smart, snarky and strong. The hero is the perfect mix between sweet and grumpy. Their banter is hot as hell.

Even the story is fun. It had me cracking up a few times. And there is no over-the-top drama or crazy antics, thank God.

Anne
Julie James hasn't written anything that I haven't at least liked, and several that are go-to re-reads every year. Practice Makes Perfect & Just the Sexiest Man Alive are my favorites, but I just enjoy the way James does romance in general, so if it has her name stamped on the front, I'm gonna read it. Anyway, the FBI/ US Attorney series is perfect for someone like me, who is just looking for an afternoon of fluffy awesomeness.

description

Is there anything particularly special about this?
It's a
Sue
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: REVIEW:

I enjoyed the book so much! I bolded 'enjoyed' because somehow the book has disppointed a little, which is why I couldn't love it.
This makes me so sad because I expected a kickass story with awesome words. I'll keep it to the point.

PROS:
I LOVED the banter between Sidney and Vaughn. The typical Julie James style of sarcasm had me laughing even at serious situations. Throughout the book, I was giggling and at times, laughing straight out loud.

Next, the characters. I loved each and
Mo
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again, Ms James did not disappoint. I absolutely LOVE her books. All of them. I can be guaranteed a solid 4 or 5 star read when I pick up one of her books.

He was tall and somehow managed to look ruggedly sexy, despite the rather conservative dark gray suit and blue tie he wore. Maybe it was the short cut of his thick brown hair. Or his keen hazel eyes. Or his strong chiseled jaw with that just-perfect amount of five o'clock shadow.

Vaughn is sexy, good-looking, 34 "man about
Shawna
4-4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was my least favorite of the series. The heroine annoyed me for much of the book, and I wish there had been more time spent on Vaughn and Sidney’s romantic progression and relationship. The ending was a little abrupt, and I would have loved an epilogue. But Julie James writes some of the best, wittiest, smartest, snarkiest banter in romance and always delivers an entertaining and high quality read. So still a great, enjoyable 4-4 stars!
♥Sharon♥
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

photo juliejames_zps691c79ad.jpg

Gosh it really has been a long time since I last read a book by Julie James. But as usual she did an amazing job at delivering yet another FANTASTIC installment of the FBI/US Attorney series. This is book 5 in the series and I was quickly reminded of all the things I love about her writing. There was humor, sweetness, a fantastic plot and sexy moments too.

I really enjoyed Sidney as a heroine. She was a sweet, confident and beautiful. But underneath that she was a bit cynical when
Geri Reads
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

Julie James can do no wrong in my eyes, at least when it comes to this series. It Happened One Wedding has all the right elements of what makes a fantastic romance novel: Character-driven plot, sparkling dialogue, humor, and great supporting characters. This book restored my belief that one can write romance--and do it really well--without the drama-llama, dark secrets hogwash we see in so many books today. Just pure unadulterated storytelling and great characterizations.

Sidney is a
♥Rachel♥
It Happened One Wedding felt a little different from Julie James’ previous novels. I think there was serious tone that wasn’t in the other stories, and it really clicked with me.

Sidney is back in Chicago starting a new job after leaving New York, and a ruined relationship. After discovering her fiancé was cheating on her, Sidney feels she’s wasted three years of her life. She should already be married and starting a family, something Sidney really wanted at this point in her life. At
Jeanne
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! This was awesome! Loved the banter between them, and you just can't go wrong with a hot FBI agent. :)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
We've gotten to know Special Agent Vaughn Roberts as a side character in previous books. He's a good looking FBI agent who knows the draw he has on women and he's enjoying every bit of it. Vaughn is your typical commitment phobe man who doesn't see why he would confine himself to one woman when there are so many out there to enjoy.

Investment banker Sidney Sinclair just came off a very bad breakup when she found out her fiance was cheating on her three weeks before their wedding. His excuse was
Sharon
This was just so sweet. It had romance, humor, a confident, smart heroine who kicked ass at her job, strong family and friendship theme, and some darn touching moments. And also, on point ending.

Plot
I enjoyed this book. It was rather slow-paced in the first half of the book, but it wasn’t bad. The second half was when it got really interesting. I kinda missed seeing the FBI/US Attorney cases and seeing that as a part of the main plot with the main characters (like how it was for the first
Anuradha
I think this is the first Julie James book that I have been disappointed by. As I've mentioned previously, I read chick-lit either when I don't have time, or when I'm in a slump. Well, raring as I am to read the good stuff, I have GRE in a couple of weeks, and my reading challenge ain't waiting for anyone. However, when I have to recommend chick-lit, I go with Julie James. I love her books and her writing; even this book, one that I was disappointed with, is a far cry from the other miserable ...more
Camilla Isley
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this romantic comedy. The quips and banter were just top notch. A fun, romantic read.
Classic I-don’t-do-relationship bachelor meets I’m-looking-for-Mr. Right-but-I-can-have-fun-with-hot-Mr. Right Now girl...

The sexy bits were a bit too much for me, but you can skip them if they bother you and enjoy the rest of the story.

Once again I hadn’t read the blurb, which is turning out great lately. So at the restaurant scene, a few pages in, I was like O.o which was great! If you trust you like
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fifth addition to Julie James' wonderful FBI/Attorney series. FBI Special Agent Vaughn Roberts is in a coffee shop when he spies an attractive woman come in and watches as her date "crashes and burns". He then attempts a pick up but Sidney Sinclair can spot a commitment-phobic man from a mile away. Later they meet again and find that their siblings are getting married and they are both in the wedding party.

Another fun, sexy, entertaining read from Julie James. I loved the humorous banter and
Didi
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a great book, I loved it! This is my first by Julie James and it won't be my last! I loved so much about it...how the characters were in their thirties, how they were both successful and NOT traumatized by experiences that prevents them from moving on, how they were upfront and eased off on the potentially ruinous drama, but I especially loved how the love between Vaughn and Sidney developed.
There was no insta-anything, minus the sizzling attraction for another, and that was refreshing.
Pang
description

What happend when a brother and a sister of two people who don't like each other in first meeting will get marrired?

This was fun since the first charpter! Vaughn and Sidney's sarcasm is enjoynable to read. I love Vaughn, he is witty, cocky, and irritaing player.*sigh* Sidney is just like typical Julie's heroine, fiesty, snarky, and witty. Her lists about the guy she or woman should date with made me laugh! reminding me a bit of Linda Howard' Mr.Perfect.

The story is about Vaughn's brother Simon
Isha
Not the best one in the series but this was still a sweet book with great characters which could have been a 5 star read if there had been a tad more action and I felt it really needed an epilogue.
Obsidian
This really was not that interesting. Too pretty people having hot sex though they initially loathed each other. I was bored from beginning to end when I was not disgusted by the character of Vaughn.

Sidney Sinclair is an investment banker. After moving back to Chicago after finding out her fiancee was cheating on her, she is trying to dip her toe back into the dating pool. After a blah date at a coffee shop, she is asked out by a total stranger who lashes out like a petty POS after she turns him
Jess
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

Her [Sidney] smile was sweet, her tone dry. “Aw, and that makes you such a good guy. Because you’re honest about being a womanizer.”

[…]He [Vaughn] leaned in closer to her. “See, this is why I don’t date women in their thirties. You’re jaded. And ornery. And you have a checklist with thirty-four goddamn things on it!” She turned toward him, her cheeks flushed pink as she, too, raised her voice. “Don’t put this on me. There’s a reason women
Nina Life of a Bookworm

Bok ljudi! Znam da me nije bilo dugo s poštenom recenzijom... Zadnja koju sam napisala bila je skoro prije mjesec dana za knjigu iste autorice Zakon Privlačnosti, a prije toga za isto tako dvije njeneNajseksi frajer na svijetuiIznenada jednog ljeta.

Prije nešto malo više od mjesec dana iz čiste radoznalosti (i dosade na poslu, pssst nemojte nikome reći) u ruke sam uzela upravo zadnju knjigu koja je izašla - Iznenada jednoga ljeta i odmah me je uvukla, a onda su se zaredali svi
Celestine
I hadn't picked up a Julie James book in a long, long time, and don't know why. Witty banter. Smart, confident heroines, realistic romance fraught with modern problems, great details for Chicago setting. I wish this had more suspense/action, but it is framed around a wedding, so I won't complain too much. A great, fun couple.

Book source: Purchased
Dija
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I NEED THOSE SHOES. AND THAT DRESS. AND MY OWN SPECIAL AGENT.

Jacob Proffitt
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
I take it back, this is the best of the series. I admit that I'm not entirely sure if I'm just basking in the glow of the latest Julie James book I finish or if she really is improving with every book. I choose to believe it's the latter.

As before, read the others in the series first. View this one as the treat at the end of an excellent meal. Or something. Also, as before, having read the others, you now more or less what to expect here. I'll highlight some, though, because I can't stop myself.
Kritika
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

OH MY GOD!!,

April of 2014 can't come soon enough.Can't wait for IHOW.Love JJ's books, especially the FBI/US Attorney series.Hope she never stops writing them! Or maybe she can stop at, like, 50 books or more!!! By the way, does anyone know anything about the hero & heroine of this book? any guesses? I'm hoping for Sam Wilkins to feature in this one.But I'm guessing I will have to wait more for Sam since he was not in LOVE IRRESISTIBLY.

July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March...

Lučka
~~~ 3.5 stars~~~

When I started reading this book I was positive this would be my favorite one from the bunch.
The alpha FBI hottie, smart and strong heroine, the witty banter, from hate-friends-love trope.
I thought, how freaking awesome this series is. The best Chick-Lit series ever. I was chuckling to myself and really enjoying it. Adorable.
description

Of course the heroine had to ruin it.
(view spoiler)
When Funmi Met Romance

Pretty sure I found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...why BECAUSE JULIE JAMES HAS A NEW NOVEL/BLURB/COVER! The countdown begins people...Its out March 25! Julie James has completely made a name for herself as a contemporary romance guru and all around romance novelist heavy hitter! Each book gets better, raunchier, deeper, and more fun! With her FBI series bad boy, Vaughn finally getting his just desserts in the love depeartment, I doubt this book could even try to dissapoint! I knew
Alexa
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2016
I hate to sound like a teenager but... Julie James is my queen.

Seriously, if she writes it, I'll read it. She writes THE BEST contemporary romance.

My only (small) problem with her is that her female characters might be just a tiny little bit too empowered (no, I have nothing about super empowered women, but after the fourth or fifth book where the character is CEO, partner at a main law firm, or whatever thing by age 30 I'm all like... "can't she just have a normal awesome job by age 30?
nicklein
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't stop thinking about this.
Linda
*Sigh*, I finally ran out of Julie James' books to read.

This contemporary romance had similar tension found in the first two stories in the FBI/US Attorney series and I enjoyed it more because of that. Vaughn Roberts, a Special Agent with the FBI, met the first woman in forever that rebuked his offer to go out with him. Good-looking, witty and down-to-earth, women always have gravitated toward him. Unfortunately, not when he hit on the pretty redhead in the coffee shop that day. Not only did he
Vee Paige
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a way to yank me out of a reading slump! If you are looking for a gritty book, this is not it. If you are looking for a hero with a dark past that can't get into a relationship, this is not it. If you are looking for an angsty read caused by stupid miscommunication, this is not it. The plot of "It happened one wedding" is nothing new—a player not looking for a long-term relationship and a woman who had been burned by a past relationship and is hell-bent on looking for Mr. Right—however, the ...more

• The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
  • Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)
  • After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)
  • Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1)
  • Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Just Friends (A Friends to Lovers Box Set)
  • To the Stars and Back (First Comes Love #4)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Walk of Shame
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into twenty-two languages and Julie’s ninth novel, THE THING ABOUT LOVE, is now available.

Julie

FBI/US Attorney (7 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)
  • The Thing About Love
“The innkeeper
pointed between Vaughn and Sidney. “Have you two been together long?”
Sidney blinked, then gestured at Vaughn. “Him and me?” She laughed. “Oh, no. Noooo, no, no.”
Vaughn smiled at Lauren, nonplussed. “In case you missed it, that would be a no.”
24 likes
“She noticed that the man at the table next to her, in his sixties, was watching her. Clearly, he’d
caught the show.
“Well, he asked for my opinion,” she said defensively.
“I’m just wondering what you’re going to do to the next guy who walks in,” the older man said.
“They’re gonna start taking them out of here in body bags.”
Probably it was high time she left this coffee shop.”
20 likes