Start by marking “In Pursuit (Pursuit, #1)” as Want to Read:
In Pursuit (Pursuit, #1)

In Pursuit

(Pursuit #1)

Eddie Neff needs space. Not the type that country stars croon about, but physical distance from her emotionally distant father and the tatters of a broken relationship. So when the opportunity to relocate her life and interior design business arises, the answer comes easily.

Published February 11th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about In Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Pursuit

Start your review of In Pursuit (Pursuit, #1)
Michelle
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ 4.5 In Pursuit Stars ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆

InPursuit

Outstanding Olivia!! ←--- see the alliteration Ms. Olivia Luck <3 I absolutely adored this book and I think Olivia did a fabulous job on her debut book. In Pursuit was a captivating and consuming dramatic romantic tale of Edith Neff and Harris Grant in their pursuit of second chances at life and love. I devoured this book in one sitting and wanted to
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Edith, I'm all yours, and I hope you'll be all mine, too."

description

4.5 stars!!

Omigah, I LOVED this!!

description

In Pursuit, was a lovely and captivating read that I literally read through two sittings. Why two sittings, you may ask? Well, my first go kept getting interrupted by my young niece and nephew so when I got the chance to isolate myself for my second go, I did!!! Hehe.

I was so enthralled with the story of Eddie, short for Edith, and Harris' story that I could not put down my android!!

Eddie was so relatable in her struggle to start of new life f
CeCe
Well I was not expecting that little ending. I must have missed the author’s note when she mentioned that IN PURSUIT is the first book in the two book series. Well I am glad to hear that because now I want to know what happens.
The story was told very well. The relationship between the main characters progressed slowly which I loved since I don’t really care for the insta-love romances. I think the author did a nice job showing how these friends/couples interacted with each other. Their beh
Sara
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-read, cliffy
There were many things that I didn't like and gave me frown lines. Edith moved into a lush apartment with Claire. From the beginning you realize Claire is a deceptive bitch. She is manipulative, fake and cold. Claire has a brother Harris who Edith likes on site. She acted like a teenage girl instead of a 26 year old woman. She was like a puppet to Claire, getting pulled in the direction she wanted. The side characters were a bunch of fake pretentious idiots. The insta lust was not delivered well ...more
Autumn
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Olivia, I hope you are writing that sequel as fast as you can!!

Full review on Martini Times...

Margreet Asselbergs
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

My rating: 4.5 of 5 ⭐

Interior designer, Eddie Neff is excited to start a new chapter in her life when she arrives in Chicago, ready to meet her new roommate and find new clients. Her new digs in Claire's apartment are above and beyond expectations, as is Claire herself, vivacious and rather intimidating. After life with her solemn and disengaged father, Claire's lack of boundaries would take some getting used to.

It isn't long before Eddie comes face to face with Claire
Mary Tatar
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Pursuit by Olivia Luck was one of those classy and easy reads that you can’t help but become instantly addicted too. I had a hard time pulling myself away from this book. I found myself missing it when I wasn’t reading it and that much more happy when I was able to jump back into it. There certainly was not a dull moment during this story. I’m still waiting to come down from this read. My next great read has some stiff competition.

We meet Eddie as she has just moved to Chicago. E
Romance Readers Retreat
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Eddie has recently moved to Chicago and is feeling overwhelmed, not so much with her change of location, more by her new roommate Claire Grant and her handsome, if intimidating brother Harris. The Grant siblings are from old money, they are very high-society and Eddie is left feeling way out of her depth and very enamoured of the sexy but arrogant Harris.
This is a fantastic little book, I adored Eddie, she is incredibly sweet, a very likeable female lead. She really has a good
Jacquelyn Ayres
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***I was given an ARC for an honest review***

I absolutely ADORED this book!

This book is about second chances not just at love but at life! Eddie has uprooted herself from everything and everyone she has known to start anew. She winds up in the city of Chicago, with a very sweet... eh, strange ... eh,questionable roommate named Claire.

Then there's Harris. A moment to swoon, please. *swoons* Ok. Harris is not only sexy and attractive, he's the type of man you are dying to
Sassy Southern
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Pursuit is a story about a woman named Edith, or Eddie as she likes to go by, who escapes her dismal life in Arlington, Virginia, to make a new start in Chicago.

There, she moves in with a friend of a friend. Her beautiful roommate Claire seems to have issues of her own. She is moody and does everything she can to stop Eddie from being with her gorgeous brother Harris.

Harris himself is moody, overprotective, and is hiding secrets of his own. Even so, Eddie and Harris ha
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
In Pursuit is a book that has it all.

Amazing and beautifully crafted characters. Gripping and intriguing plot with engrossing depth.

Eddie and Harriss story is beautifully written, nicely paced and very captivating to read.

It is beautiful, sweet, witty, angsty with amazing dynamics. I was well and truly sucked in.

All the twists and turns and mystery and drama kept me gripped and wanting more. It kept me wanting to go on and find out what happens nex
Sigal Ehrlich
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*ARC was provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you,Olivia!

In Pursuit, is a wonderfully written, passionate and often witty love story. It is a perfect blend of sweet, saucy, and sassy. Olivia does a great job of captivating, and connecting her readers with the story.

Eddie and Harris’ connection felt real, deep, and oh-SO- sexy. The sexual tension between these two… the air literally crackles with expectancy.

If you are looking for a contemporary romance th
Bianca
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Eddie Neff leaves her old life behind to start a new one in Chicago. She ends up rooming with the rich socialite, Claire Grant. This new life of hers goes in a direction that she never imagined. Claire's brother, Harris is mysterious, brooding, and HOT. You feel the instant attraction he has to Eddie, but he tries to fight it. He has a heightened sense of responsibility to Claire, and his want or need for Eddie is in the way. Eventua
Anny hernandez
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provide a copy of the by the author for an honest review.

WOW HOLY SMOKE, what an ending, I just finis reading this book and I love it, now I cant wait to read the second part of this story, I cant believe how it end it, love the characters and let me just say that the title of this book is perfect, I did not wanted to finish reading this, I want more and I don't think I could way for the next book, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

T
Michele
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book and thought that Olivia does a fantastic job of connecting you with the characters throughout the story. She takes you on a journey with Eddie that is filled with drama, some wit, and a hot sexy man that you would love to call your own.

The book starts off with Eddie moving from her home town to Chicago to start new. She’s always done what was expected of her and is looking to change that.

She finds a roommate to stay
Susi
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for honest review.

I love books where the story and characters seem real. You know the kind, like you can see yourself as friends with the characters because they are so well written, you can relate with them. In Pursuit is one of the those books. From the moment that I started the book, I immediately connected with the characters. Eddie (Edith) is a very likable, real young woman. She is starting her life and career in a new city. Her new life comes with a roommate, Cla
Anna
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Edith (Eddie) has just moved to Chicago to get her career going and make a new life for herself. She finds a great living situation thanks to a connection from a friend, and is quickly swept up into a whirlwind of new experiences and opportunities thanks to her roommate Claire. Claire has a very over protective brother names Harris who Eddie is very drawn to despite their awkward initial interactions. Harris also feels a lot of strong emotions towards Eddie, but Claire is not happy about the pro ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Pursuit Review

*******This is the first in a two part series********

Adjusting to life with Claire, her gregarious new roommate, is more than simply testing comfort limits. With just one m
Nicole
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eddie was a girl looking to start over. She moved to a new city where she knew no one,, moved into an apartment with a stranger, completely left all of her comfort zones and familiar faces. Her new roommate is Claire. What an enigma that girl is. She seems upbeat and friendly enough however there is something off about her. Enter Claire’s older brother Harris. Harris is aloof, stern, brooding and a whole lot of HOT!
Eddie’s character was extremely likeable and relatable. You found yourself ident
Desiree
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: jennifer
This review has been weighting heavily on me for several weeks now, I have been completely conflicted with my rating and my review, but here it goes...

This is probably the most personal preference based review I have written in a while, the things that did not work for me in this books, are most likely things others can overlook.

The book is polished, a beautiful cover, clean writing and great flow. I will start on what did not work for me so we can end on a positive note.

The main r
Katrina Jay
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 shining stars

In Pursuit is about a girl named Eddie or Edith. She has left the comfort of her home near Washington DC to get a bit of a fresh start. She finds a place to live through a mutual friend of her best friend, and she relocates to Chicago. After a rough failed relationship that ended badly she just wants to get a new start in a new city. She moves in with Claire a somewhat moody party girl. Eddie is a little unsure of things with her and then she meets Claire's brother Harris.

H
Myra Espino
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review**

In Pursuit, love this book!!
From the start up to the last, everything is amazing!
The story and the characters held my interest and I love each every second of this book!

The characters, Eddie and Harris are great!
I love both of the characters.
Eddie, she's sweet and I love her attitude.
She's not snobbish and she's easy to love and like.
Harris, my first impression to this guy is not that good. lol..
But as the story go
Cheryl
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
" He is the drain and I'm circling, circling, unable to resist him. > Edith

" You are...my very own realized dream." > Harris

Harris is complicated and brooding and sexy and controlling...everything that Eddie ( Edith ) does not need in her life, after all she left Washington to get away from anything that made her feel bad.

Edith takes Harris' breath away .She helps him forget all his responsibilities and the guilt he feels for his family and their issues.
Moon Love
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book rather quickly. I really liked Eddie and enjoyed seeing her spread her wings a little while trying to find herself in a new place. Initially I wasn't very sure about Harris and how he felt regarding Eddie, but once his feelings became clear, I was totally on board. I must also admit to being intrigued by Claire. She really had me guessing what was really going on with her.

Besides Eddie, I loved Sean and Luke. Those two were hilarious and adorable! I loved how they were great fr
Lori Garside
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Eddie, Claire, and Harris all have their secrets. Eddie's is that she is starting over in a new city, far away from her immature ex. Claire and Harris Grant's secrets run deep. Claire is very different from placid Eddie. She is far more outgoing, she's a risk taker, and she dabbles in things that shock the far more conservative Eddie. Harris appears to be a cold, unwelcoming presense, but underneath the man is boiling with unresolved and unspoken feelings.

Eddie struggles with her sel
Ronda Bearden
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Complimentary Copy

I was given the chance to do an honest review for Of Happiness second book in this series. I almost turned down the chance to do the review, but decided that I would give it a chance. I'm not one that just jumps to read books from authors that I have not heard about or been recommend by someone I know. ( I'm extremely picky in my reading choices). This book rocks! One minute you are ready to go in to a boxing match for Eddie, the next your asking why are you make th
Amy
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book. The dynamic between Edith, Harris and Claire will leave you on pins and needles.

Edith moves to Chicago for a fresh start and finds herself potentially in over her head in the social circles she finds herself immediately thrust into.

Enter Harris. I want my own personal Harris. I immediately fell in love with him and the way that he interacts with Edith. He has left me wanting more and longing to see where this budding relationship with Edith will g
Brittany's Book Bumblings
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I think that this was a book with a great story that was brought down by the characters. Harris was the only one I liked.

Edith’s past was definitely something worth trying to escape. She was lucky enough to have a job she could do from anywhere. She immediately meets someone she’s interested in, but loyalty to his family becomes an obstacle, in addition to her dealing with her past.

That’s a good story right?

Unfortunately, Edith was kind of immature and definit
Twin Opinions
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok so I knew this would end on a cliff hanger but agh! I need more. This is the kind of book you have to read in one sitting. Its not really a suspenseful read, but I felt like I was sitting on the edge of my seat anyway.

The characters are amazing. I love Eddie. She is the kind of character almost any type of girl can relate too. Harris is a lovely character too, but like all dark knights he has some serious baggage. I really enjoyed reading Harris and Eddie come together. I really need their e
Heather Young
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this story!! I love when I can have so many emotions throughout one book. Eddie... Moves to Chicago to start over and is fortunate to move in with Claire.(or is she????) Some one her best friend Sarah knows. From the start I didn't like Claire, just something about her that rubbed me wrong. and then there is Harris ❤❤❤❤❤. I love Harris, that is all I'm saying right now. Sean and Luke are great as surrogate BFF's. This story has a lot of twists, someone from her past finds her. ...more
Olivia Luck lives in the middle of America with her loving husband and her obsession with writing. She wrote her first romance novel at age eight. When she’s not reading, editing, or writing, you can find her in the kitchen learning to cook. Olivia loves to travel and spend time with her family.

Pursuit (2 books)
  • Of Happiness (Pursuit, #2)