Start by marking “Charged (Electric, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charged (Electric, #1)

Read Book

Charged

(Electric #1)

Kat is just an average teenage girl. When the new guy moves to town, she's shocked when she falls for the boy next door. With her best friend Brie, and new boyfriend Mason, life is looking better than ever.

When Brie and Kat land a gig for their band, excitement is in the air. But a cross of wires leaves Kat charged with electricity when her amp explodes.

And things just
Paperback, 1st, 312 pages
Published November 1st 2013 by CreateSpace (first published October 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Charged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charged

Start your review of Charged (Electric, #1)
Cassandra Burchett
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. In the beginning it took me a bit to get into it, but as soon as I did I couldn't put it down. This is an amazing paranormal read. People always have fears of Robots taking over the world and in this story that is exactly what happens. But Kat's amazing new powers prove to be of some great use, until the corrupt government/military wants her for something else entirely. This read will have you on the edge of your seat cheering for Kat and her friends and wanting to jump in and ...more
P.S. Winn
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kat has a special ability and everyone would like to use it for their own purposes. Thankfully Kat along with her friends is trying her best to use her ability to help mankind. This was an interesting book although it did start out a little slow. The next book in the series looks to be very interesting. Good job on an idea we all may have to worry about in the not to distant future.
Anna Pasaliadi
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An incredible Adventure!
This book takes you on it's journey and leaves you gripping your seat in anticipation. From the characters to the imagery, this grabs you and keeps you begging for more. A new, edgy take on an apocalyptic adventure. This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a thrilling adventure. I highly recommend this.
Nicola McDonagh
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I was a little put off by the beginning of this book. It didn't exactly promise much in the way of conflict or drama. Mostly, it described the main character, Kat and her relationship with her mom and friends and the new dishy boy Mason; so far nothing to make it stand out from all the other High School romance books I have read. At first I thought, oh no not another teen action/adventure novel with a spunky female teen heroine, set in a High School, and if it weren't for the promise of ...more
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If anyone has ever watched the TV series Revolution then this was the first thing that sprang to mind when I started reading this book. You have the nano-bots designed to heal people that get out of control, only this time instead of turning out the power it creates a nano-bot fog cloud that infects those that come into contact with it.

The only line of defence that is out there is a 17year old girl, Kat, who after suffering from an electric shock that should have cost her her life is now in
Clarissa Simmens
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If a picture is worth a thousand words to many people, then a fiction book is worth a gazillion sci-tech explanations to me. Nanobots? I've read about nano technology but just haven't been able to get my mind wrapped around it. I'm still struggling with the concept of a 3-D printer (can they REALLY make a wrench?). But Casey Harvell has the gift of writing with clarity and her explanation of the atomic-sized bots is finally understandable. The novel is a page-turner and I couldn't put it down; ...more
Amanda Shelley-Masters
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*This Book Was Given To Me By The Author In Exchange For An Honest Review*

Amazing Book! Casey Harvell is an incredibly talented and creative writer and entertains her readers with this Amazing beginning to her Electric Series. I for one couldn't put the book down! it was riveting from the very first word!

I loved the characters they were all so awesome! my favourite being baby bear of course!..lol...but each character I grew to love more and more as the story progressed. Mason his loyalty and
Casey Harvell
Oct 22, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Charged ~Reboot~ is here! This reedited and newly covered version promises to please readers. Already gave Charged a chance? I offer you the chance to try it again.

Charged ~Reboot~ Will remain FREE on all e-reading platforms :)

The nanobot apocalypse is here!! Not ready? Don’t worry, I have you covered. Charged is available for only FREE on Nook and Kindle to celebrate the upcoming release of Shocked! No more excuses ;) Get ready, be prepared. Don’t let the nanobots make it to your town!!
Brandt
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I’ve read by this author. They’ve all been great, but this is my favorite. Can’t wait for more. In Charged (Electric) by Casey Harvell, the author clearly did a ton of research about nanotechnology. She also constructed a breathtaking plot. Kat and Brie are complex characters who were art of a super cast of characters. This is one that would be an excellent movie.
Jasmine Smith-clark
Wow

what an interesting take on the apocalypse. Casey Harvell has created a story unlike any I have ever read. It is captivating and incredibly well-written. I loved book one and can't wait to get my hands on book two!
Stephanie Stovall
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Could not put it down. If you haven't read it yet. You really should. It's a awesome read. If I could give it more then 5 stars I would. It's worth reading!!!
Leslie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great twist on the zombie theme. A little predictable. Please, please don't let this series end as badly as so many of the other teenager-saves-the-world series have.
Harmony Kent
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Reviewed on behalf of The Review Board

by Harmony Kent

CHARGED

BY CASEY HARVELL

Young Adult Fiction

Kat is your typical teenager, who is as amazed as anyone when the gorgeous boy next door falls for her. Her life is about to take an even stranger turn, however, as she receives a massive electric shock when the wires from her electric guitar find themselves on the wrong amp, and everything blows. Kat ends up with some pretty strange side effects. Very soon after this, the newly emerging nano-bio
Queen Spades
Note: This is based on the current Kindle copy that I have. This is the abbreviated version of my review.

Let me get started with the things this author did right:

1. Pacing–The pacing of the story coincided nicely with the conflict as well as downtimes. There wasn’t a part where I felt it was overly rushed to the point where I was lost or overly sluggish to the point where I pray it would speed up.

2. Conflict–The conflict was presented in a believable fashion and was in alignment with the
The Review Board
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Note: This review is posted on behalf of TRB member No Labels who agreed to give this another look after the original Charged had been revamped.

In my original review, I saw opportunities in the area of cover, overall syntax, and resolution. I won't take up time rehashing my old review but will focus more on my findings based on the revamp.

I do like the font of the new cover. It goes along with the metallic ambiance of the infected (references to the metallic sheen). If the author was going for a
Cathy Brockman
This is the first book in the Electric Series. I absolutely loved it. It is fun fast paced and the characters are so relatable. I loved Kat and how she handles her new life and problems. This is a story for young adults and us grown-ups that refuse to grow up. There is action suspense and a bit of sweet romance. And its FREE!
T.
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
I received this book as a prize in a giveaway. This little gem was a really fun read. I didn't connect with all the characters (possibly due to my ago-- 50+), but I loved the build of the story and I was fully involved in the plot. There is obviously a second book, as the story has open threads at the end, but I think this one's a winner.
Ashley
Apr 03, 2014
Alena
Nov 07, 2013
Shocked, the sequel to Charged will be here soon 1 2 Apr 09, 2014 02:40PM

• Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1)
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
Mom, USA Today Recommended Author, reader, zombie lover, music enthusiast, gamer & sporadic asshole.

Oh, and I have a website http://caseyharvell.com

Electric (3 books)