Start by marking “Be Were (Southern Shifters, #5)” as Want to Read:
Be Were (Southern Shifters, #5)

Be Were

(Southern Shifters #5)

Dean had a family once. Until tragedy and betrayal consumed them. Now he lives on his own terms keeping life simple and carefree. Then one night leads to one bite and he's forced back into a dangerous world that reminds him he's still as angry as ever and this time he's not leaving until he gets what he wants. Niki.

Niki Harris has lived a life of secrets and solitude with
Published January 27th 2014 by Gypsy Ink Books

To ask other readers questions about Be Were, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Were

Heather
Eliza Gayle does an amazing job of writing a scorching hot shifter romance with a snarky independent heroine and a dominating alpha male. This book was another solid installment in this amazing series.

This one starts off with a bang. Dean and Niki meet and the fireworks fly. Both are looking for a one night stand. But when Dean's inner beast calls to him that this is his mate, he can't help but mark her.

In the throes of passion, Niki doesn't realize what he has done.

Dean plans to tell her, but s
Katie
This was the first Southern Shifters book I have read. I enjoyed reading it. I liked that Niki was strong, witty, independent and had attitude...she didn't put up with anyone's shit and gave as good as she got. Dean was a nice guy- would do anything to get the girl he wanted. I thought it was a little odd that the hybrid shifters had several different breeds in them(e.g. bear, wolf and jaguar) but I liked that Niki was special(created in a lab). It was a hot shifter romance.
Mara
Feb 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
A novella born of a short story. And unfortunately it's crystal clear. No characterization, no real plot, no idea what's going on except some sex. (I can't even complain it's a sex fest. It's not. But it's very mechanic, the "insert tab A in slot B" type).
Eva Millien
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is an exciting erotic hybrid shifter romance that captures the imagination.

Dean lives his life on his own terms keeping life simple and carefree, then one night leads to one bite and right back into the dangerous world he left behind only this time he’s not leaving until he gets what he wants…Niki. Having lived a life of secrets and solitude Niki Harris has no intention of changing that but an easy one night stand complicates things and she finds herself marked, pregnant an d in danger. Dec
Jeannie Zelos
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BE WERE. Southern Shifters. Eliza Gayle
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
I've read a few of Eliza's books now, and they are definitely on the racy side of sexy, plenty of hot, erotic sex, which is both well written and fits the storyline. This book was no exception....Wow!
I was a little confused when it began thinking I’d read it before, but on checking found its a continuation of the storyline from the novella A White Cougar Xmas, and I’d wondered what happened to Nikki at the end of tha
Heather andrews
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think I loved this segment in the series more than 'Bad Kitty' I loved Dean he's all upfront, "the sexy stranger nodded his head. "Feeling little tense?" He had no idea. She shrugged. It wouldn't do to put all her cards on the table this early. "Maybe we could find something else for you to do with all that pent up energy." He's all for in the moment, "I'm going to come in you, baby. Right effing now." Sometimes Niki knows how to bush Dean in the direction she wants, "this time he hissed at he ...more
Brittany
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this story. I have not read shape shifter novels in a while so it was fun getting back to it. I really love the characters and will definitely be reading more from this author.
Maura
Marta Cox
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eliza Gayle and her Southern Shifters are back! This is a series that just keeps building and adding depth to the world that the author has created. In this the fifth instalment we learn more about the hybrids and how cruelly some have been mistreated . So settle in and enter Ms Gayles imagination that's filled with hot romance, strained relationships and danger!
Niki Harris is a rare white cougar hybrid, bred to kill but sometimes all she wants and needs is a whole lot of good loving! Meeting th
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Are you looking for sweet, commonplace, boring romance? If so don't bother reading this review! Eliza Gayle strikes again. Whether it's her Southern Shifters Series or her Purgatory Series, Ms Gayle has a story to tell.

be Were is book two in her Southern Shifter's Series and it is a grand adventure with a full set of gifts. Adventure, Family Dynamics, social issues and of course just a touch of the erotic..

Niki Harris is tough as can be. She was created fro
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Niki is a rare white cougar, created and raised in a lab as part of an experiment. She's now free, alone, pregnant and on the run from her one night stand.

Dean is a hybrid Jaguar shifter. He's had a falling out with his family and he's on his own and prefers it that way. Until Niki walks into his bar and he immediately recognizes and claims her as his mate. Now he just need to convince Niki of this.

Pretty good read. It's well written, flows smoothly and it's a solid story. I didn't get into thi
Tina
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be Were is the fifth book in the Southern Shifters series by author Eliza Gayle. This is an angst-filled story. I love the powerfully written characters. They are vibrant, and Ms. Gayle does a great job of making me feel what her characters are feeling. I loved this one.
This is my first time reading the series. I was not lost but this one is so good I would love to go back and see what I have missed.
Dean he once had a family a good life that was carefree. Now he has pain, betrayal, and anger. He
Dee
This was a very alpha filled read. The heroine, Niki, was extremely dominate, independent, and one of the most deadly were's around. This character was wonderful to read with her ability self reliant. The fact that she was completely kick arse was a big bonus.

Dean was a bit harder for me to attach to. There were alpha tendencies, yet there were more than a couple of instances to which he lost Niki, and instances where some not so alpha decisions were made. I found him a bit confusing/conflicting
Lindy at BookBlinders
3 1/2 *
This is the first book I've read from Eliza Gayle and was is a fun, if quick, mind trip of action and steamy sex. There was nothing really new as far as plot is concerned... it was the typical shifter type story, but the writing was deft and enjoyable. The characters were interesting and showed a lot of promise that would have been more fully realized if the book were longer. I really liked the combination of strong alpha male and strong female lead mixed with the vulnerability that deali
Kelly
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed a lot better the fourth book in the series "Bad Kitty" than this one, unfortunately this book wasn't for me. I didn't grow attached to the characters and they were almost annoying at times. A little ridiculous too when the romance was going too fast. I didn't feel the chemistry between the two main characters. There were changes of point of views unannounced, it was troubling and confusing at first. There wasn't any real plot behind all this.

***ARC received through Netgalley***
Stacy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unusual

This was the 3 Rd book out of the series I have read. My favorite so far. I am totally enjoying the characters and the authors style of writing. What is new with this series are the shifters are not typical but a new type. Makes for an interesting book. Strong alpha characters but not necessarily male which is a good change up. The 2 main characters in this book are facinating. I enjoyed them so much I just bought the next book in the series. Definitely a good book. I highly recommend it.
Vickie***
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
It was ok. I admit though I was kind of confused in the beginning. There are just some paranormal books out there that have some crazy background story that just confuses the hell out of me.
The storyline is what caught my attention though, but because there was so much background information I got lost with what the storyline was, and had to constantly go back to the blurb and double check to see what the book was about.
Ollie
Take a very alpha mixed jaguar shifter and a dangerous female white cougar on the run and you have an explosive tale of passion, determination, possession and some good old sexy time. Be Were is a fun. quick read with two characters who know what they want and are determined to get it, the only problem is one may need convincing of what they need.
- To see the rest of the review visit: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/#sthas...
Lexie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
L M
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to reread this series and the new books added to it. I read the previous books many years ago and have just drifted away from this series due to the long-time frames. Finding out there are now 4 more books has bought me back to this series.
After such a long time Dean and Nikki get their story told. The author has done well to bring everything together time line wise as we had a brief visit with Nikki in BAD KITTY and this is now set only a few months after A WHITE COUGAR CHRISTMAS.
A good an
starla mcmanigal
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Review

This offering in the series was like all of them well written but it was my least favorite so far. A lot of hoopla was made about are heroines upbringing you know paramilitary, assassin sort of stuff, yet she was kidnapped, knifed, and then turned her back on a proven enemy, she was either trained bye Larel and Hardey or she was basically just not bright. But I've enjoyed the series overall so I read on.
Angela
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this terrific series!

Be Were is full of crazy and quirky characters, lots of hot and sexy intimate scenes, drama, mystery, and suspenseful twists that will captivate you till the very end. It's a fantastic story that you won't want to miss!

I would definitely recommend this book, series, and outstanding author.
Kevin
May 08, 2017 added it
I read or skimmed about a third of the book. It was enough to deduce the plot and decide I had already read enough iterations of it: Shifter romance with conspiring enemies. The characters were not especially likeable or given enough detail.
Plus, I was bothered that the author misused apostrophes. I also found the sex vulgar.
Natalie
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Be Were

Every book gets hotter and hotter. I'm glad Dean and his brother worked it out for the good of his family and he got to Nikki before her sister could do worse experiments on her.
Lynne
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good, fun read. We are more fully introduced to the white cougar shifters and the Deals Gap residents, in particular hybrid brothers Dean and Bhric. Niki will keep a special place in my heart for the uncompromising badass that she is.
Cinzia
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Be Were is a short- novel, the fifth publication in the Southern Shifters series by Eliza Gayle.
I have not read the previous books, which tell the story of some of the characters winfradito about in this novel and I am a little bit curious to read some of these stories.
Be Were is a paranormal romance, very little romance and much more erotica, and protagonists are shapeshifters. The relationship that starts between the two characters is about a strong physical attraction and their sexual perfor
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Blogger Girls review site.

Before I get into the actual review, I just want to say that while Be Were is book 5 in the Southern Shifters series, I haven’t actually read the series yet. However, I read a few reviews that said it could be read as a standalone so I took the chance. And, yes, it CAN be read as a standalone! Now, onto the review!

Not wanting to spend another holiday alone, Niki decides to have a little company in a small town bar. There she find
Maxie
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kinky-paranormal
Be Were Eliza Gayle

Rare and sensuous Niki Harris and Dean make beautiful music during the light tinkling, Christmas season. A white cougar and a pure breed cougar connects and the mistletoe dangling. The holiday season brings about much love and excitement.

Dean and Niki are captured in the lust and passion of love and powerful sex. The gentle and low growl was part of this splendid chance meeting that ending in finding a mate. Is this a forever bliss that dreams are made of during the sweetest
DelAnne Frazee
ISBN: 9781310388460
ASIN: B00FYZEXK
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

With the holidays upon her once again and Niki Harris does not plan on spending it alone. Shifters fear her and would like to see her dead. She goes to a out of the way bar to pick up a human to spend her night with when a man steps between he
« previous 1 3 next »

• So I Married a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #3)
  • Lone Wolf’s Captive (Black Hills Pack, #1)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • Resisting the Cougar (Cascade Shifters, #2)
  • All American Wolf
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • Uncaged (Shifting Fates #2)
  • Rabbit Creek Santa (The Wolvers #4)
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Furever After
  • Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar, #1)
  • Claimed by the Alphas: Part Five
  • Hers to Bear (Animal in Me, #1)
  • The Blue Eyes Trilogy Complete Collection (Blue Eyes, #1-3)
  • Fangs and Catnip (Dead and Breakfast, #1)
  • Witchy Wolf
  • Sanctuary
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)

GRAB the first three books in my USA Today bestselling Southern Shifters series at a special price. Click
here

After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books

Southern Shifters (9 books)
  • Dirty Sexy Furry (Southern Shifters, #1)
  • Mate Night: Kane (Southern Shifters, #2)
  • Alpha Knows Best (Southern Shifters, #3)
  • Bad Kitty (Southern Shifters, #4)
  • Shiftin' Dirty
  • Bear Naked Truth
  • Alpha Beast (Southern Shifters, #8)
  • One Crazy Wolf