Start by marking “Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)” as Want to Read:
Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)

Just One Night

(Sex, Love & Stiletto #3)

In Lauren Laynes sizzling Sex, Love & Stiletto series, New Yorks hottest sexpert has been living a lieand its up to one man to keep her honestall night long.

Riley McKenna knows sexgood sex, bad sex, kinky sexHer articles in Stiletto magazine are consistently the publications most scandalousand the most read. But Riley has a secretall that sexy talk? Not an ounce of it
Published April 22nd 2014 by Loveswept (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Start your review of Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)
Well, to say that Im a teeny tiny disappointed will be an understatement. And I was really looking forward to read more about Riley. I was super invested, and I liked Riley so much in the previous book but maybe I had too many expectations.

And while I liked Sam enough (I actually liked him a lot when he was surrounded by other people and the other couples) I think that maybe he wasnt the best fit for Riley. Not only did this book was very Sam centric -like, it was all revolving around him and
• Lisa •
FIVE STILETTO GIRL STARS.

description

I loved this book with all my book-loving heart. I have the biggest, most ridiculously silly smile on my face right now. I love this author and her gorgeous love saga's and I have to confess I'm feeling a little sad that I have to say goodbye to the Stiletto girls but for now I am one overly-excited, romance addict and I can gladly confirm that everything this author touches is pure romance gold. Here are my 'just one night' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Riley
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 "Not Enough" Stars!

photo Just One Night - Lauren Layne_zpsptwnz8u2.png

Obviously, I am becoming addicted to Lauren Layne's books. So, continuing my reading of her Stiletto series, now it's time for the third book. Just One Night is the story of Riley McKenna (the sex journalist in Stiletto magazine and a woman who is not what she appears to be: she knows a lot but she does not practice a lot LOL) and Sam Compton (her long-time 'i-want-you-but-I-can't-have-you' beloved and also he is Riley's brother best friend).

I think youre right. I think
Robin (Bridge Four)
3 Thank-You For Introducing a Bro-mance Stars

I went and binge read the entire series in a weekend #sorrynotsorry and it was fantastic. While I still very much like the romance of Just One Night it isnt as strong as the others of the series I just didnt buy into the fact that the star sex columnist is practically a virgin. I think it is hard to be such an expert on something that the character had practically no personal experience with it detracted my love of the story a little bit.

The Story
Catarina
4 Sweet Stars.

Riley and Sam know each other since kids. He is her older brother best friend and basically a part of her family.
Riley works in Stiletto along with Grace and Julie, she is the sex expert and since is the magazines birthday every journalist will have to do an issue related with their own personal experience. Theres only one problem: Riley does her work based on research, her personal experience is pretty much close to zero. So, she decides to ask Sam to sleep with her in order to
♥Sharon♥
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 I Want My Happy Ending Stars

photo 8f10cbbb-49a0-48b2-b9a6-3a6ac72d2109_zps52fec01a.jpg

Lauren Layne has become that type of author I will go to when I am in the mood for a sweet, get butterflies in your belly reads. Her books are what I call my comfy reads! They are just an easy escape for me. ❤

This is the 3rd book in the Sex, Love & Stilettos series by Lauren Layne. I.LOVED.IT! This is my favorite of the three. Riley and Sam had such natural chemistry that I instantly fell in love with their story.

One of the best things about reading is that I
♥Rachel♥
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Buddy read with Bethany!
Lauren Layne is one of my favorite contemporary romance writers, not because what shes writing is so original, lets face it, its hard to be original in this category, but because she writes romance with a flair that sets her stories above the rest. After the Kiss is my favorite of the Sex, Love & Stiletto series but Just One Night is a close second. One big reason for that is because Riley and Sam have a history. Years of longing from afar lent a gut wrenching quality to their situation that ...more
Stacey is Sassy
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Should have trusted their first instinct

I enjoyed Just One Night. It was great to catch up with the Stiletto girls and see where they are at. In this story, we get some very surprising truths out of Riley, the sex expert. Riley's got the hots for her brother's best friend, that she's kept a secret for ten years. Turns out it's not much of a secret...AND...it's time for her to finally let the cat out of the bag.

Sam can't believe he is forced to face his biggest fear when Riley asks for a favour.
Amy | Foxy Blogs
**3.5 stars**

JUST ONE NIGHT is book 3 in the Sex, Love & Stiletto. It will be released on March 11, 2014.

Stiletto magazine is getting ready to publish their 50th Anniversary edition and each of the columnist have to write a personal article.

Riley is the "sexy" columnist for the magazine. Her reputation is a facade that she uses to keep unwanted men away.

Sam is Riley's brother's best friend for the last 10 years. Feeling like a failure for his whole life he becomes distant with family and
Debra

★★★★ 4 stars!

Just One Night is the third book in the Sex, Love & Stiletto Series by Lauren Layne and I think this might be my favorite of the series thus far. This author perfectly combines romance, humor and a bit of drama in a exhilarating mix situated in the vibrant city of New York. I loved the fact that this was a friends to lovers story and a very well written one at that.

The history Sam and Riley shared made their relationship all the more meaningful and unique. At first I wasn't
Nikki
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dumbass-heroines
I re-read this past weekend because I loved the 1st 2 books in the series so much. I started out of order with this one, and figured I should give it another shot. Eesh, continues to be my least fav of the bunch. I still was just bummed out that Riley wasn't the sex kitten hoochie her magazine column led you to believe.

I wanted her to be the Samantha not a Charlotte :(

description

A girl can dream...
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
If this was one of those rom-coms that re-runs on Saturday night...I probably would have fallen asleep halfway :/
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
(4 I've Always Loved You Stars!)
(ARC provided by Netgalley)
(BR with Patty & Denisse)

photo e2d3edcd-ea19-4763-8341-84251dd28434.jpg

photo 72e0287b-4f3d-45ed-8127-c8d2f89390b6.jpg

Riley McKenna is a sex columnist for Stiletto magazine. She is one of the most sought after women in the city. She is a single, gorgeous woman, whom all of New York thinks is an expert on sex. We find out Riley isn't as experienced as her articles make you believe.

photo 735f381c-ced4-4dba-95b5-4f055bf0ee15.jpg

Riley's boss announces to all the Stiletto ladies that each columnist will write a story in first person. A in the real-world account of how
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Just One Night was an adorable friendship to lovers story.  And when you became entangled in the heart of it all, it took an amazing turn into something that was raw and emotional.  I tried my hardest to keep quiet, while my husband slept peacefully next to me, as I devoured this book.  But it was impossible.  The laughing couldn't be stopped and neither could the sobbing.  Riley and Sams story is definitely a must read!
But it had been a decade . Sam had had a freaking decade to stake his
Elise

mmmmmmI have mixed feelings

I liked it as a whole, I did, but I positively did NOT like Sam, the love interest. I like the writing, and the style and the story. The whole thing is cute and funny and sweet and and a pretty light read. It's not all about the steamy scenes, but there were a few. It reminds me of an adult Stephanie Perkins book. There also wasn't a lot of angst, and I appreciated that.

Don't get me wrong, the female friendship in this book is ah-mai-zing. And I love all the
Tamara
3,5 stars

To Stiletto for showing three different couples they were made for each other

*sniff sniff*

I wanna work at Stiletto too.

Favorite character: Emma.
All four women turned to stare at the man in the doorway. But he was staring only at Riley. And his eyes were full of.Everything. Wordlessly the other three stood. Well, Grace and Emma stood. Julie had to be coaxed out of her chair, and luckily Grace had the forethought to grab the box of tissues on the way out.
Nice one, Samuel, Emma muttered
Beverly
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had a really hard time with this one. Although, a lot of my friends really liked it so please keep that in mind when deciding to read this one.

As most of you know, I have a real issue with women hiding from their feelings, running, or allowing communication issues to stand in the way of happiness. Now lets discuss Sam and Riley...

In this story I had a tough time with a few things. First being that Riley hadnt had sex in 10 years, but was a sex advice columnist. I am not saying you have to be
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
**ARC kindly provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

The truth was, she could count her sexual encounters on one hand.
On one thumb, actually.
Because Riley McKenna, sex expert extraordinaire, was exactly one tepid, beer-fueled college encounter away from being a virgin.

Aaaah okay. Something weird is happening here. This is my THIRD Lauren Layne book, and while the beginning did scare me a bit, what with it's content, I still ended up giving this five stars...for the THIRD time.
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4.25 Sexy, Little Black Dress, High Heeled Hot Stars
* * * * 1/4 Spoiler Free
This was a terrific read... the series ... a complete winner in my book and I am sorry to see the characters go... which shows the author did her job. Everything about it made me happy and I could feel all of the conflict and concerns for theses characters.

The most important concept from this book was really just be yourself and own it... if you get yourself into a situation which is not you... don't take the easy way
Lady Heather

4 Stars!

This was a quick, "hook me in the first chapter" read for me.
I really enjoyed the characters, their history & story.

This is the first book I've read in this series (even though this is the 3rd book in the series), and I had no trouble following the secondary characters and their story-lines.
So, I'd say this could be read as a standalone, but I think I would have gotten more out of the secondary characters if I'd have read their books.

Good story.

"An arc has been provided by Random
Michelle
3.5 - 4 Stars!
Well I loved this one but not as much as the first two. Not sure what it was about this one but I think the biggest thing was that Riley wasn't what I thought she was. I didn't expect her to be almost virginal. lol Loved her Sam though!

Can't wait to read Emma and Alex next:)
Keertana
Out of all the books in this series, this is perhaps the "worst", which isn't saying much at all as it still scraped a solid 4 Stars from me. Just One Night follows Riley, the only remaining girl from her original trio of friends to stay single. Although Riley writes saucy articles for Stiletto magazine, next to none of the sexual appeal and confidence she exudes through her articles are taken from her own experience. In fact, if Riley takes the time to admit it to herself, she's been mostly ...more
Hollis
"I never know whether to hug them or punch them."
"Seriously. It's like a nonstop romantic comedy up in here."

After reading book two and three in Layne's Sex, Love & Stiletto series I kind of want to go back and nudge up book one's rating to a five. Because so far none of these have been as good. They aren't bad, far from it, but in hindsight I think I did AFTER THE KISS a bit of a disservice.

She doubted there were very many mothers out there who would be excited that their baby girl's
Sharon L
Sam Compton meet Riley McKenna, she's going to turn your world upside down.

We've met Riley in the previous two Stiletto books. Riley's expertise is to write about sex.but now she's faced with a mission that might just be to big for her belt.

Riley McKenna
considering Riley love for sweet things, this is a perfect picture

She, Riley Mckenna, is a sexy brunette bombshell with great rack, blue eyes, long legs and and the quality of a sex kitten. Now, she's on a mission for the Love Agency [Stiletto branch].

Her
Claire Robinson
4 - Bruce Dinkle & Samuel Condon Stars!

The Sex, Love and Stiletto Series books are definitely some of my all-time favourites, I just hope against hope that Lauren will give us one more book, to finish it all off...

Riley McKenna stormed through Julie and Graces books like the proverbial bulldozer, as Stiletto magazines resident sexpert, she has never been short of the odd nugget of advice for her friends when their relationships were floundering, or just all out extreme measures. As a savvy
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Okay, standard read-the-others-first series prompt, here. Seriously, you kind of do need that, this time, as the others are very present in this story.

I expected to like Riley, and I did. Mostly. I had a bit of a problem with her manipulative approach to Sam and didn't like that she wimped out for so long in telling him her big deal. But she was likeable and doing her best despite getting severe mixed signals from Sam and she was brave when it counted.

Sam was a dead loss. I never enjoy extreme
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I got my ARC. I'll be reading it next!!<3

**************17/03/2012 UPDATE**************

Riley, a succesful journalist for a women's magazine, has been writing about sex every month since joining Stilletto's world. Ahe also has had a crush on Sam, her brothers best friend, for the last 10 years which has never led to anything. When her editor asks her to write an article with a "personal touch" Riley decided to make her move on Sam. He will either return her feelings or give her the push she
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.

4.5 Eat Your Feelings Stars

Hilarious...

Riley McKenna, is the third in the Love & Relationship darlings of the Stiletto team. She may look like a supermodel, but she talks like a sailor and can eat any man under the table.

Sam Compton is Liam McKena's best friend and honorary family member. He's had a tough upbringing, son to a single mother who never has had a nice thing to say to or about him. Never knew his father. He
Bethany
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bethany by: Buddy read with my girl ♥Rachel♥
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
My love for the Sex, Love & Stiletto series just keeps getting stronger and stronger with every book. Which is pretty hard to do when Ive already given the first two books 5 stars and now Just One Night too! I loved Riley; she was strong, spunky and had a feisty Irish side.

Riley McKenna is the sex expert at Stiletto magazine. You got a question about sex she is your go to girl. There is one problem, Riley may talk a big game but when it comes down to experience she has none. With the

• The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Wild Like Us (Like Us, #8)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet, #1)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Now and Then (Dare to Love, #3)
  • Wherever You Are (Bad Reputation Duet, #2)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • Saving the CEO (49th Floor, #1)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:

Sex, Love & Stiletto (4 books)
  • After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)
  • Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)
  • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)