Start by marking “Owls of the World: A Photographic Guide” as Want to Read:
Owls of the World: A Photographic Guide
Preview

Owls of the World: A Photographic Guide

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The superlative identification guide now revised with 19 additional owl species.
Published November 29th 2013 by Firefly Books (first published July 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Owls of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Owls of the World

Orsolya
I’m quite mad for owls. However, I have seemingly met my match, Heimo Mikkola, the world’s leading owl expert and author of “Owls of the World”. Mikkola has studied owls for 40 years in 128 countries. It can safely be concluded that “Owls of the World” is the best owl source available for owl-lovers.

Even before one begins to read “Owls of the World”; a mere scanning of the colorful, glossy, and vivid pages revealing 750 photos will instantly delight, gratify, and excite. “Owls of the World” is
Leonard
A wonderful and lavishly illustrated photographic guide to all the known owl species in the world, all 249 of them. If you love birds and especially the personable owls of the bird world, you will want to see this book. Owls are beautiful birds; I think my favorite is the Northern White-Faced Owl found in Africa, but all owls are impressive even those with unusual names like the Sjostedt's Owlet, Etchecopar's Owlet, and the Tamaulipas Pygmy Owl. If we compare owl lovers to chocolate lovers this ...more
Loraine
What a superb resource for anyone who wants to learn about owls, look at splendid photos, learn more about this amazing raptor. Stunning photographs, simply stunning.
Nicole
This was exactly what I hoped it would be. It offers great photos of all the known owl species and subspecies (except for a few exceptions, where the owl is so rare there are no known photographs) and concise, detailed information on everything from habitat to coloration.
Matthew Rodriguez
Best book ever. For fans of the visual comedic stylings of Sam the Eagle.
Annie Luce
Excellent resource but I don't like that taxidermed owls are included!
Kikikco
I love owls ...more
Shane Roche
Shane Roche marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Amy Derwae
Amy Derwae is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Ceri
Ceri marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kevin Eli
Kevin Eli marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Carmen Cocar
Carmen Cocar marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Rajesh Kumar
Rajesh Kumar marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Meltem Ünal
Meltem Ünal marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Misa
Misa added it
May 30, 2014
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Owls of the World - A Photographic Guide: Second Edition Owls Of Europe Lost Land of the Dodo