Start by marking “The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  105,041 Ratings  ·  11,079 Reviews
Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them—and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of Olympus, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Completely, I LOVE that whole thing, Nico accepting who he is, finding a home, finding, a friend that may turn into more, Nico deserves it. And the way he told Percy about things was great, just casual and great. Loved it.(less)
Lea I agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy!…moreI agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy! we have the most connection with him because of the first five books and now we don't get a proper ending with him. And what about his fatal flaw? did we totally forget about that as well! his fatal flaw has been numerously mentioned but enver done anything with. I thought that something was going to end up with Percy messing up the quest because he want to save his friends, BUT NOOOO! And Gaea and the giants, are they just toys being played with by babies! they're fricking superhuman powerful and yet seven puny demigods seem to be way over they're league each time. They're all one-dimensional, always losing by their stupid greed. Overall, Blood of Olympus was suppose to be an overview of all 10 books but was rick riordan so stuffed with trying to learn us Greek Mythology that he forgot about the everything the characters went through. he mentioned it, but it was lost with everything else. Blood of Olympus is sadly, not a very satisfying book...(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2nd out of 2,658 books — 15,853 voters
YA Novels of 2014
5th out of 1,533 books — 8,915 voters

More lists with this book...

Oct 07, 2014 Dyanne marked it as to-read
****UPDATE NO. 2****
It's out.
You guys, we did it.
We survived.

There are no gifs to accurately portray my current level of excitement.
I will update y'all as soon as possible once I get my hands on this book.

Until then, thank you for your support.
For everyone who has read this review and went through this year-long emotional rollercoaster with me, you guys are the best.

Just look at that. It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
It also reveals absolutely nothing. Oh,
Sasha Alsberg
May 29, 2016 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing
I feel empowered by that book, ESPECIALLY the fight scenes. So BA!
Nov 05, 2014 Regan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
Sarah Banono
May 06, 2015 Sarah Banono rated it really liked it
Upon further consideration, I've decided to give this book a 3.5. Or maybe a 4. Some of the concepts were a bit unrealistic, and the scenes that I was excited about the most sort of... let me down.
I still love the series, don't get me wrong. I'll update as often as possible.

If you guys want some good news, scroll down until the end of this review.
It's done.
The series is over, and I'm shaking and I want to cry out of happiness because it ended on a terrific note and sadness because my f
Nov 07, 2014 Lara marked it as later
Shelves: great-series, tweens
Oct 11, 2014 SeaweedbrainsandHerondales rated it really liked it

Let me start by saying I cried while writing this because this world holds a special place in my heart.

Ok so I have to say this straight away, I'm not someone who grew up reading Percy Jackson, no I'm horrified to say I watched the movie first, but even though I didn't grow up with the characters and loved them more and more through time I fell in love with them like I ran into a brick wall, HARD
Christine Riccio
Jan 13, 2015 Christine Riccio rated it liked it
PRETTY DISAPPOINTED WITH HOW THIS WRAPPED. Here's my full discussion/booktalk:
Sabs~ Semi hiatus
Nov 01, 2014 Sabs~ Semi hiatus marked it as to-read
Shelves: heros-of-olympus

Review Coming Soon(I need to internalized what had happened first)

Its bloody October 8th and my book hasn't came in the mail yet,

please help me get through this

I am starting the official Blood of Olympus Count down I will be expressing those days with very Interesting looking art i found from the trusty old Google.

1 More Month.

I couldn't wait for summer to end because it gets me closer to Leo BoO

I don't Know about you guys but the closer its gets to October 7th the harder
Noodar Yasmeen
Jul 25, 2016 Noodar Yasmeen rated it really liked it
Hous of Hades was just indescribable! It was soo good! After I finished it, I was SOO DAMN excited for the next book! But THEN, I saw The Blood of Olympus's publication date...

Seriously?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

Rick Riordan, you do want your fans to be alive to actually read the book, right? I guess not. Are you REALLY gonna make us wait till OCTOBER 7TH 2014?!?!! FREAKIN' 2014!?!?! I am soo gonna die waiting. I mean it, cause..

After all the action and drama that happened in Hou
Aj the Ravenous Reader
*Buddyread with the Awesome Mac.* (You can click her name for her review.^^)
  “To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Seven demigods shall answer the call of the prophecy. Of the seven, one shall sacrifice his/her life. Who might it be? After finishing Harry Potter, my heart now made of steel (courtesy of Ms. Rowling) is more than ready to know. Just one death? Psh! Piece of cake.

I have never really tried writing r
Natalie Monroe

I now know how the gods must have felt when their Roman and Greek sides were warring.

The critical part of my brain was spitting fire at the Blood of Olympus's weaker points, but my nostalgic side, the one who has been infatuated with Percy ever since she discovered The Lightning Thief at a book fair, rebutted, "Who gives a fuck?"

Is the plot incredibly convenient at times?

Yes, but...

Is the climax rather rushed?

Yes, but...

Is Riordan a sickeningly safe author?

Yes, BUT...

Who gives a flying
Jul 21, 2016 Rawkstar48 rated it it was amazing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let me just say, if Leo Valdez dies, someone is going to pay...

That's not creepy right?

(there are a ton of edits that I keep adding, so check below)

So, I finally decided to add to this.

My predictions (these are just random predictions)

1. Frank dies.
Frank is going to die. His life is tied to a frigging STICK. Not to mention the whole "To storm or fire thing" His sense of duty is so much stronger than Percy, who's fatal fl
...The end is near
And we're all going to die waiting for this book.
*shoots self in head*

Hello, I'm alive again. My friend and I were brainstorming ideas for the end of this seiries and we came up with a's two of them.

Optimistic theory:
Gaia is defeated, no-one dies, end pairings are Percy/Annabeth, Leo/Hazel, Reyna/Frank (c'mon, it could happen!), Jason/abandons Piper and gets rejected by Reyna and is forever alone, and Piper/goes into Hunters of Artemis. Everyone lives happily ev
Helen 2.0
Gods I'm glad I made it through! 450 pages of slow, boring, irrelevant buildup and 50 pages of Gaia showdown. Actually probably less. After 5 books of suspense and worry about the demigod heroes defeating Gaia, they finally meet her and she's.... Lame. Really lame. Down on one hit. That was a disappointment.

NOT a disappointment: Reyna and Nico! They were a breath of fresh air after a whole series of nothing but the prophecied seven.

The series has left me with less-than-lovely impressions of th
Darth J
Oct 21, 2014 Darth J rated it liked it
Shelves: series
You know, I really expected more from this finale. The Last Olympian seemed more dramatic in comparison because there was more at stake, and some actual characters died in that one. It actually had a much better cover too. (As a side note, who thought the covers of the Heroes of Olympus series was a step in a more mature direction? They look like they were done in crayon.)

Deus ex machina, literally
So in the final battle with Gaea, the Olympians just kinda shoot out of the sky to finally help the
Raeleen Lemay
Feb 21, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, lgbtqia
ERMEGERD. That ending messed me uppppppp. Kind of a cop out though.
May 08, 2016 Neha rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!

6th October, 2014

(Sorry in advance if I sound creepy here...I was sleep deprived)
Can anyone sleep right now? Am I the only one here hyperventilating? Am I the only one who think that life is totally unfair that I have TWO tests on Wednesday?

*sigh* Gotta wait till the weekend. Oh the weekend.. so far away. My feels :*(

But seriously, can't wait to KNOW what FRIGGING HAPPENS NEXT!!! Because it's not just any book, but a Heroes of Olympus book. And not just Heroes of Olympus bo
Jul 25, 2015 Belle rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-release

(Last edited July 25th, 2015)

Wow... it's over...

I've been following the Percy Jackson series for about four and a half years. In fact this series is one of the reasons I really started reading in the first place. It's a pretty long story that involves way more time than I have space to write, but the general idea is that this series means a lot to me and it has for some time.

So, reading The Blood of Olympus my standards of quality were through the roof
Juliana Zapata
Jul 30, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Tengo sentimientos encontrados con este final y con el libro en general. Ame como concluye pero quedé con ganas de mas, extrañe muchísimo a Percy y Annabeth como narradores, pero me encantó leer a Nico Di Angelo y por último, hubiera deseado leer mucho mucho más a Percy, sigo sin ser capaz de despedirme de este personaje.

Reseña Completa:
Oct 15, 2014 low rated it really liked it
UPDATE: 10/12/14

My full review:

I just finished The Blood of Olympus. Words cannot describe the emotions I went through. I cried because I was happy. I cried because I was sad. Gods, I'm so sad. I feel like everything worked out the way it was supposed to, even though I wish...

But I won't post any spoilers here. I have to save those for my full review. But that was an intense adventure. I suppose now it's time to bid Percy Jackson and his friends farewel
Oct 20, 2013 Anusha marked it as to-read
H.Y.P.E.R.V.E.N.T.I.L.A.T.I.N.G. THIS IS IT. This is it, guys. The end of Percy Jackson. The end of my life. I'm not sure how I'll be able to read this without sobbing hysterically after every page. I just don't think I can do it. I CAN'T LET GO. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

Jessica (priceiswong)
Apr 06, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Ah. I can't believe it's over. Full Review on YouTube:
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

EDIT 11/10/14 - My thoughts on the rushed ending, lack of all main characters and the ending in general: (view spoiler)
Saru (Queen of Bookland)

Edit: 10/12/14: I finished. I'm near tears now because I'm going to miss all these characters so much. This book had its flaws, but to me it was PERFECT. Am I being rational? Nah. But I don't care.

Review to come.
Edit: 10/10/14: I HAVE IT OMFG YES

Edit: 5/14/14

Okay guys...

If you don't know what that means, here's the definition, as put by John Watson:

"Battle Stations. Someone's going to die."

Here's who can'
Clau R.
Apr 20, 2015 Clau R. rated it really liked it
I really liked the book, my main problem with it is Rick's selection of POV's!!! Percy, Annabeth, Frank and Hazel felt like side characters in comparison of Jason, Piper and Leo. I think that this book needed the POV of the seven demigods, but oh well...

PS: I loved Nico in this book, my baby was so awesome. ALSO... SOLANGELO <3.
Cait (Paper Fury)
WELL. That, my friends, is how a conclusion should be done! HUZZAH THAT RICK RIORDAN IS SUCH A GENIUS. And also knows how to mix heartache with humour and danger with excitement and dragons with talking tables. I mean, really. This dude. I am in awe. And, so far, I've found this series a bit waffly (and not the foodie kind) and rambly, but for the finale? NOPE. Perfection. Everything was balanced and I found myself just gobbling up pages like a Hades on fire.

Of course the characters are 95% of t
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3.5 out of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I cannot believe this is the end. HOW. This series was basically my childhood. I was super disappointed that this story would not be told by any of my favorite characters (Percy or Annabeth). I'm not sure why I didn't like this a lot. Maybe because I read this over the course of so many days? Maybe because of finals week and other
Amber Robertson
“Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Blood of Olympus was an eh book to me. Maybe it was the fact the perspectives weren't the ones I wanted to see? I mean sure I love Reyna and Nico isn't the worst perspective to see, Leo wasn't the worst either, but c'mon about Piper and Jason. Completely and utterly annoying perspectives to read about. This re-read however was the best for me
Oct 13, 2014 Maureen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
My heart can't take this book. I love these characters so very much. NEAR AND DEAR TO MY HEART.
The Greek and Roman demigods must unite. If the Greek and Roman demigods do unite, the Gods will be healed. If the Gods will be healed, the giants can be killed. If the Giants can be killed, Gaia may not rise.

With a rather lofty to-do-list at hand, two sets of questing demigods head out to save the world.

Do they succeed or does Gaia go Organic Mother Nasty on a dystopian world is what The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) is all about.

So there.

Who Would Your Godly Parent Be? 1 1 Oct 21, 2016 11:32AM
Favorite God/Goddess and least favorite 1 2 Oct 11, 2016 06:16PM
Percy vs Jason 55 124 Oct 11, 2016 06:12PM
Which of the seven of the prophecy has the best abilities/powers? 1 2 Oct 10, 2016 04:38PM
Unanswered questions **SPOILERS** 33 324 Oct 06, 2016 04:08PM
Is it worth reading? 1 1 Sep 10, 2016 07:40AM
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3)
  • Rogue (Croak, #3)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • Exposure (Virals, #4)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus War, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Search, #2)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

“Correct." Kekrops sounded bitter, like he regretted his decision. "My people were the original Athenians--the gemini."
"Like your zodiac sign?" Percy asked. "I'm a Leo."
"No, stupid," Leo said. "I'm a Leo. You're a Percy.”
“For a long time,’ Nico said, ‘I had a crush on you. I just wanted you to know.’ Percy looked at Nico. Then at Annabeth, as if to check that he’d heard correctly. Then back at Nico.

‘You –’

‘Yeah,’ Nico said. ‘You’re a great person. But I’m over that. I’m happy for you guys.’

‘You … so you mean –’

Annabeth’s grey eyes started to sparkle. She gave Nico a sideways smile.

‘Wait,’ Percy said. ‘So you mean –’

‘Right,’ Nico said again. ‘But it’s cool. We’re cool. I mean, I see now … you’re cute, but you’re not my type.’

‘I’m not your type … Wait. So –’

‘See you around, Percy,’ Nico said.”