Start by marking “The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

The Blood of Olympus

(The Heroes of Olympus #5)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  192,136 ratings  ·  15,114 reviews
Nico had warned them. Going through the House of Hades would stir the demigods' worst memories. Their ghosts would become restless. Nico may actually become a ghost if he has to shadow-travel with Reyna and Coach Hedge one more time. But that might be better than the alternative: allowing someone else to die, as Hades foretold.

Jason's ghost is his mother, who abandoned him
Hardcover, First Edition, 516 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of Olympus, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Boxi SPOILERS!!

SPOILERS!!

Completely, I LOVE that whole thing, Nico accepting who he is, finding a home, finding, a friend that may turn into more, Nico deserves it. And the way he told Percy about things was great, just casual and great. Loved it.(less)
Lea I agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy! …moreI agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy! we have the most connection with him because of the first five books and now we don't get a proper ending with him. And what about his fatal flaw? did we totally forget about that as well! his fatal flaw has been numerously mentioned but enver done anything with. I thought that something was going to end up with Percy messing up the quest because he want to save his friends, BUT NOOOO! And Gaea and the giants, are they just toys being played with by babies! they're fricking superhuman powerful and yet seven puny demigods seem to be way over they're league each time. They're all one-dimensional, always losing by their stupid greed. Overall, Blood of Olympus was suppose to be an overview of all 10 books but was rick riordan so stuffed with trying to learn us Greek Mythology that he forgot about the everything the characters went through. he mentioned it, but it was lost with everything else. Blood of Olympus is sadly, not a very satisfying book...(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,820 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,545 books — 9,180 voters

More lists with this book...

·  192,136 ratings  ·  15,114 reviews

Start your review of The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
dyanne
Oct 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
****UPDATE NO. 2****
It's out.
You guys, we did it.
We survived.

There are no gifs to accurately portray my current level of excitement.
I will update y'all as soon as possible once I get my hands on this book.

Until then, thank you for your support.
For everyone who has read this review and went through this year-long emotional rollercoaster with me, you guys are the best.

***UPDATE***

5.14.14 COVER REVEAL

description

Just look at that. It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
It also reveals absolutely nothing. Oh,
Regan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
LOVED IT BUT IT NEEDED MORE PERCY JUST SAYING
Sasha Alsberg
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I feel empowered by that book, ESPECIALLY the fight scenes. So BA!
Jayson
(A-) 80% | Very Good
Notes: It’s about phantoms, figments and vaporous things: darkened by ghosts of dishonor, and lit in the emotive afterglow.
Sarah Banono
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Upon further consideration, I've decided to give this book a 3.5. Or maybe a 4. Some of the concepts were a bit unrealistic, and the scenes that I was excited about the most sort of... let me down.
I still love the series, don't get me wrong. I'll update as often as possible.

If you guys want some good news, scroll down until the end of this review.
Guys...
It's done.
The series is over, and I'm shaking and I want to cry out of happiness because it ended on a terrific note and sadness because my
SeaweedbrainsandHerondales
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU READ THIS AND SPOIL YOURSELF IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!

Let me start by saying I cried while writing this because this world holds a special place in my heart.

Ok so I have to say this straight away, I'm not someone who grew up reading Percy Jackson, no I'm horrified to say I watched the movie first, but even though I didn't grow up with the characters and loved them more and more through time I fell in love with them like I ran into a brick wall, HARD
Christine Riccio
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
PRETTY DISAPPOINTED WITH HOW THIS WRAPPED. Here's my full discussion/booktalk: http://youtu.be/pGWrSXrE-qc ...more
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I don’t define myself by the boys who may or may not like me”

This book was so empowering. The characters are strong, smart, diverse in so many ways and true to themselves. Riordan has so much influence as an author, especially on younger readers, and it is amazing that he uses his voice to promote bravery, kindness and friendship. That alone deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

Plotwise, he again managed a worthy and satisfactory finale to a 5 part series. I have to admit that I often get tired of the way
MischaS_
I really did not want to finish this book because that would mean that it's over. Again.
It certainly did not disappoint. Loved it so much! Riordan created a fantastic world which I do not want to leave. Ever. And he also created characters I wish were my friends!
I would love to get more scenes between the characters without any fight and worries. Just hanging out and having fun.

Nico and (view spoiler) need (view spoiler) series!!
Sabs~ Semi hiatus
Nov 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: heros-of-olympus
Review Coming Soon(I need to internalized what had happened first)

UPDATE 4
Its bloody October 8th and my book hasn't came in the mail yet,

description

please help me get through this

UPDATE 3
I am starting the official Blood of Olympus Count down I will be expressing those days with very Interesting looking art i found from the trusty old Google.

UPDATE 2
1 More Month.
description

I couldn't wait for summer to end because it gets me closer to Leo BoO

I don't Know about you guys but the closer its gets to October 7th the hard
Natalie Monroe

I now know how the gods must have felt when their Roman and Greek sides were warring.

The critical part of my brain was spitting fire at the Blood of Olympus's weaker points, but my nostalgic side, the one who has been infatuated with Percy ever since she discovered The Lightning Thief at a book fair, rebutted, "Who gives a fuck?"

Is the plot incredibly convenient at times?

Yes, but...

Is the climax rather rushed?

Yes, but...

Is Riordan a sickeningly safe author?

Yes, BUT...

Who gives a flying
Noodar Yasmeen
House of Hades was just indescribable! It was soo good! After I finished it, I was SOO DAMN excited for the next book! But THEN, I saw The Blood of Olympus's publication date...

OCTOBER 7TH 2014

Seriously?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

description

Rick Riordan, you do want your fans to be alive to actually read the book, right? I guess not. Are you REALLY gonna make us wait till OCTOBER 7TH 2014?!?!! FREAKIN' 2014!?!?! I am soo gonna die waiting. I mean it, cause..

description

After all the action and drama that happened in
Aj the Ravenous Reader
*Buddyread with the Awesome Mac.* (You can click her name for her review.^^)

“To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Seven demigods shall answer the call of the prophecy. Of the seven, one shall sacrifice his/her life. Who might it be? After finishing Harry Potter, my heart now made of steel (courtesy of Ms. Rowling) is more than ready to know. Just one death? Psh! Piece of cake.

I have never really tried
Claudia Ramírez
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book, my main problem with it is Rick's selection of POV's!!! Percy, Annabeth, Frank and Hazel felt like side characters in comparison of Jason, Piper and Leo. I think that this book needed the POV of the seven demigods, but oh well...

PS: I loved Nico in this book, my baby was so awesome. ALSO... SOLANGELO <3.
Helen 2.0
Gods I'm glad I made it through! 450 pages of slow, boring, irrelevant buildup and 50 pages of Gaia showdown. Actually probably less. After 5 books of suspense and worry about the demigod heroes defeating Gaia, they finally meet her and she's.... Lame. Really lame. Down on one hit. That was a disappointment.

NOT a disappointment: Reyna and Nico! They were a breath of fresh air after a whole series of nothing but the prophecied seven.

The series has left me with less-than-lovely impressions of th
Rawkstar48
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't...I can't..I CAN'T WAIT A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR FOR THE CONCLUSION

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let me just say, if Leo Valdez dies, someone is going to pay...

That's not creepy right?

(there are a ton of edits that I keep adding, so check below)

So, I finally decided to add to this.

My predictions (these are just random predictions)

1. Frank dies.
Frank is going to die. His life is tied to a frigging STICK. Not to mention the whole "To storm or fire thing" His sense of duty is so much stronger than Percy, who's fa
Darth J
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
You know, I really expected more from this finale. The Last Olympian seemed more dramatic in comparison because there was more at stake, and some actual characters died in that one. It actually had a much better cover too. (As a side note, who thought the covers of the Heroes of Olympus series was a step in a more mature direction? They look like they were done in crayon.)

Deus ex machina, literally
So in the final battle with Gaea, the Olympians just kinda shoot out of the sky to finally help the
Lyza
...The end is near
And we're all going to die waiting for this book.
*shoots self in head*

Edit:
Hello, I'm alive again. My friend and I were brainstorming ideas for the end of this seiries and we came up with a lot...here's two of them.

Optimistic theory:
Gaia is defeated, no-one dies, end pairings are Percy/Annabeth, Leo/Hazel, Reyna/Frank (c'mon, it could happen!), Jason/abandons Piper and gets rejected by Reyna and is forever alone, and Piper/goes into Hunters of Artemis. Everyone lives happily ev
Ahmed  Ejaz
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
"No one can hate you with more intensity than someone who used to love you."
Uncle Rick, again you did it!! You satisfied me and made me curious for the next series at the same time!! WOW!!!!
OVERVIEW
Seven demi-gods are going to Athens to stop Gaia from waking up.

=> This book has a very simple plot with extremely dangerous quest. I loved this!
=> I liked that FINALY we got Nico's POV. I loved how determined he was to transport the Athena's statue to Camp Half-Blood. He risked hi
C.G. Drews
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WELL. That, my friends, is how a conclusion should be done! HUZZAH THAT RICK RIORDAN IS SUCH A GENIUS. And also knows how to mix heartache with humour and danger with excitement and dragons with talking tables. I mean, really. This dude. I am in awe. And, so far, I've found this series a bit waffly (and not the foodie kind) and rambly, but for the finale? NOPE. Perfection. Everything was balanced and I found myself just gobbling up pages like a Hades on fire.

Of course the characters are 95% of t
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, lgbtqia
*3.5*
ERMEGERD. That ending messed me uppppppp. Kind of a cop out though.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
5 Golden Stars
not complete but 99%

EPIC!
the Final battle,
& Everything!
Like always!
Uncle-Rick style!

quite enjoyable & exciting!
long story short, I loved this book. so many things happened by every page turning; funny, mysterious, adventurous, unexpected things, when no one was looking!
I love how uncle Rick had weaved real myths through this story & also this story into real world.
their friendship grew hardcore. I loved it. so beautiful.
Everything was believable & awesome! the way I love.
Everyone w
Belle
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-release
BLOOD OF OLYMPUS REVIEW: Contains Spoilers!

(Last edited July 25th, 2015)

Wow... it's over...

I've been following the Percy Jackson series for about four and a half years. In fact this series is one of the reasons I really started reading in the first place. It's a pretty long story that involves way more time than I have space to write, but the general idea is that this series means a lot to me and it has for some time.

So, reading The Blood of Olympus my standards of quality were through the roof
Neha
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!

6th October, 2014

(Sorry in advance if I sound creepy here...I was sleep deprived)
Can anyone sleep right now? Am I the only one here hyperventilating? Am I the only one who think that life is totally unfair that I have TWO tests on Wednesday?

*sigh* Gotta wait till the weekend. Oh the weekend.. so far away. My feels :*(

But seriously, can't wait to KNOW what FRIGGING HAPPENS NEXT!!! Because it's not just any book, but a Heroes of Olympus book. And not just Heroes of Olympus bo
Melanie
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every living soul
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

EDIT 11/10/14 - My thoughts on the rushed ending, lack of all main characters and the ending in general: (view spoiler)
low
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
UPDATE: 10/12/14

My full review: http://littleonionwrites.wordpress.co...

I just finished The Blood of Olympus. Words cannot describe the emotions I went through. I cried because I was happy. I cried because I was sad. Gods, I'm so sad. I feel like everything worked out the way it was supposed to, even though I wish...

But I won't post any spoilers here. I have to save those for my full review. But that was an intense adventure. I suppose now it's time to bid Percy Jackson and his friends farew
Jessica
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ah. I can't believe it's over. Full Review on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Pmn_QjULNoo ...more
Saru (Queen of Bookland)

Edit: 10/12/14: I finished. I'm near tears now because I'm going to miss all these characters so much. This book had its flaws, but to me it was PERFECT. Am I being rational? Nah. But I don't care.

Review to come.
Edit: 10/10/14: I HAVE IT OMFG YES

Edit: 5/14/14

COVER OH MY GOD MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS BOOK HAS BEEN RENEWED OH MY GODD.

Okay guys...

VATICAN CAMEOS.

If you don't know what that means, here's the definition, as put by John Watson:

"Battle Stations. Someone's going to die."

Here's who ca
Anusha
Dec 01, 2012 marked it as to-read
H.Y.P.E.R.V.E.N.T.I.L.A.T.I.N.G. THIS IS IT. This is it, guys. The end of Percy Jackson. The end of my life. I'm not sure how I'll be able to read this without sobbing hysterically after every page. I just don't think I can do it. I CAN'T LET GO. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

Namratha
SUMMARY
The Greek and Roman demigods must unite. If the Greek and Roman demigods do unite, the Gods will be healed. If the Gods will be healed, the giants can be killed. If the Giants can be killed, Gaia may not rise.

With a rather lofty to-do-list at hand, two sets of questing demigods head out to save the world.

Do they succeed or does Gaia go Organic Mother Nasty on a dystopian world is what The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) is all about.

So there.
------------------
Unanswered questions **SPOILERS** 36 509 Jul 25, 2020 01:02AM
SPOILERS! Problems I had 69 295 Jul 18, 2020 07:06AM
We Live In Books: The Blood of Olympus Discussion 4 18 Jul 13, 2020 08:01PM
Was anyone else angry? 25 577 Jun 17, 2020 10:42AM
Who DOESN'T ship Nico with anyone? 17 94 Jun 02, 2020 01:41PM
Is Leo selfish for not telling his friends he is still alive to be with Calypso? 2 9 May 29, 2020 07:29AM
Jason Grace - Character Development 18 107 Jan 21, 2020 02:20PM

• The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Camp Half-Blood - The Heroes of Olympus: Wikipedia Articles
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

Articles featuring this book

For the past decade, the Goodreads Choice Awards have put the power in our readers' hands by letting them decide the best book...
“Correct." Kekrops sounded bitter, like he regretted his decision. "My people were the original Athenians--the gemini."
"Like your zodiac sign?" Percy asked. "I'm a Leo."
"No, stupid," Leo said. "I'm a Leo. You're a Percy.”
1092 likes
“For a long time,’ Nico said, ‘I had a crush on you. I just wanted you to know.’ Percy looked at Nico. Then at Annabeth, as if to check that he’d heard correctly. Then back at Nico.

‘You –’

‘Yeah,’ Nico said. ‘You’re a great person. But I’m over that. I’m happy for you guys.’

‘You … so you mean –’

‘Right.’

Annabeth’s grey eyes started to sparkle. She gave Nico a sideways smile.

‘Wait,’ Percy said. ‘So you mean –’

‘Right,’ Nico said again. ‘But it’s cool. We’re cool. I mean, I see now … you’re cute, but you’re not my type.’

‘I’m not your type … Wait. So –’

‘See you around, Percy,’ Nico said.”
917 likes